Florida Wants to Kill Kids

As I said, if there is an extenuating circumstance, THEN they should be asking the PARENT the question, after explaining exactly why they are doing so. Outside of that situation, or something similar, it is not any of their business.

What difference does it make? They have access to a car usually. Many people commit suicide that way. They have access to their parents' medicine cabinet. Do doctors ask about what meds their parents are on? No. Whether they have a garage? No. So why this? It is a canard by anti-gun doctors' groups laboring under misapprehensions.

Geez!! Didn't you read the link in your own OP??????

"Children over age 14 are at greater risk for suicide if they have access to guns, studies have shown. A 2007 study in the journal Trauma revealed a stark statistic: In the 15 states with the highest levels of household gun ownership, twice as many people committed suicide compared with the six states with the lowest levels of gun ownership. And guns are very effective. About 85 percent of attempts to commit suicide with a gun are fatal, according to the Harvard Injury Control Research Center."

So you're saying guns cause suicide? Is that really what you believe?

You know what? You can make up scenario after scenario.

Like I said... I leave my doors unlocked when I go to work. I don't live in fear, I don't teach my kids to live in fear. I don't teach them to be stupid(taking "Candy From strangers", Rides from strangers,etc..) either.

But I also don't teach them that there's a rapist or a drug crazed lunatic around the corner that wants to kill them. Like I said... gun manufacturers have a very good reason to make you feel scared.

but yes... since you put me to brass tacks... in your scenario, I would shoot the guy, probably with my 12 gauge, as you have a better chance of hitting your target with the adrenaline pumping, and little chance of making it outside of your walls and hitting an innocent person walking by.

The only reason (and I've said this for years) for people to carry a gun is that they are afraid. Period. There is no other reason to carry a gun around.

Why do you carry a spare tire and jack in your car?

A customer of mine at one time owned a pawn shop. He was into guns and had them all over his house, some taped up under tables etc. He had two little daughters. A man came to call on him and was waiting for him and saw all the guns around. He asked the guy's daughter, little girl, what is your daddy afraid of that he has so many guns around?
She answered, I guess he's afraid of not having a gun.

My 20 year old, non-digital TV is worth more than the life of anyone stupid enough to try and take it from me. As would be my wallet, with all $12 that are currently in it. The value of the object is immaterial. It's the principle of the issue and the fact that our current system refuses to properly PUNISH people who step outside of the law, forcing some of us to have to do it ourselves from time to time.
Yeah... there are more people in prison in this country now than ever and ironically, it's the facet of our government that no one is looking to cut.

But I digress... your collective shit(worth $100 bucks or so) that you mentioned is worth more than a human life? Sorry, I disagree. My immortal soul is worth losing my material goods(for which I am insured at replacement cost... you know??? Preparedness?). But putting my immortal soul in jeopardy because I want to play the "tough guy"? Nahh... I'll pass.

Like I said... If it came down to brass tack.. an Intruder vs. My family. I'd shoot. But not to protect my possessions... I even have to wonder if it was just me vs. him. I THINK I'd be much bolder and have the gun at the ready, but try to scare the sucker away. The Clack of the pump off of a 12 gauge will do that in most cases. Sure, I might pay the ultimate price in that kind of error in judgment, but I'd rather not kill.

What difference does it make? They have access to a car usually. Many people commit suicide that way. They have access to their parents' medicine cabinet. Do doctors ask about what meds their parents are on? No. Whether they have a garage? No. So why this? It is a canard by anti-gun doctors' groups laboring under misapprehensions.

"Children over age 14 are at greater risk for suicide if they have access to guns, studies have shown. A 2007 study in the journal Trauma revealed a stark statistic: In the 15 states with the highest levels of household gun ownership, twice as many people committed suicide compared with the six states with the lowest levels of gun ownership. And guns are very effective. About 85 percent of attempts to commit suicide with a gun are fatal, according to the Harvard Injury Control Research Center."

No. I'm asking you to look at the facts in your own link and draw your own conclusions.

You know what? You can make up scenario after scenario.

Like I said... I leave my doors unlocked when I go to work. I don't live in fear, I don't teach my kids to live in fear. I don't teach them to be stupid(taking "Candy From strangers", Rides from strangers,etc..) either.

But I also don't teach them that there's a rapist or a drug crazed lunatic around the corner that wants to kill them. Like I said... gun manufacturers have a very good reason to make you feel scared.

but yes... since you put me to brass tacks... in your scenario, I would shoot the guy, probably with my 12 gauge, as you have a better chance of hitting your target with the adrenaline pumping, and little chance of making it outside of your walls and hitting an innocent person walking by.

The only reason (and I've said this for years) for people to carry a gun is that they are afraid. Period. There is no other reason to carry a gun around.

A customer of mine at one time owned a pawn shop. He was into guns and had them all over his house, some taped up under tables etc. He had two little daughters. A man came to call on him and was waiting for him and saw all the guns around. He asked the guy's daughter, little girl, what is your daddy afraid of that he has so many guns around?

I carry a jack and a spare because I'm afraid I might get a flat tire.

Again.....The only reason to carry a gun is fear. Period. People that are afraid feel the need to carry guns.

And suppose that the pawn shop owner's little daughters had picked up one of those guns he had "all over his house" and accidentally shot herself or someone (even though we all know that kids NEVER do that)? He would go to prison. No ifs, ands or buts.

It sounds like that customer is a VERY irresponsible gun owner. In fact, he sounds mentally ill. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

No. I'm asking you to look at the facts in your own link and draw your own conclusions.

Again.....The only reason to carry a gun is fear. Period. People that are afraid feel the need to carry guns.

And suppose that the pawn shop owner's little daughters had picked up one of those guns he had "all over his house" and accidentally shot herself or someone (even though we all know that kids NEVER do that)? He would go to prison. No ifs, ands or buts.

It sounds like that customer is a VERY irresponsible gun owner. In fact, he sounds mentally ill. :cuckoo:

So you're afraid. That's why you carry a jack and spare tire. Glad we cleared that up. You probably have car insurance and homeowner's insurance as well for the same reason: fear.

My customer's little daughters are now grown women in their 20s and 30s. Neither one ever had an accident. One of them was a competition shooter and wielded a shotgun against an intruder one time. My customer has had successful businesses and a long lasting marriage and raised two great kids who are themselves successful. Yeah, sounds cuckoo all right.

This happened this week..........

TELFERNER, Texas — A 4-year-old boy is dead after being shot in the stomach by a 5-year-old sibling who was playing with a bolt-action rifle in the family's Texas home, authorities said.

..Victoria County authorities said the children's parents were at the home in Telferner in southern Texas when the shooting happened late Wednesday.

Chief Deputy Terry Simons told the Victoria Advocate that investigators are trying to determine why the children were left unsupervised. The parents drove their wounded son to a nearby grocery to meet with paramedics, who then rushed the boy to a hospital.

Telferner is in southern Texas between Houston and Corpus Christi. The boy's parents drove him to the Telferner Grocery and Market to meet with paramedics, who then rushed the boy to Citizens Medical Center in Victoria, the Advocate reported.

Authorities have not released the name and gender of the other sibling

Texas boy, 4, fatally shot by 5-year-old sibling - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
Really?...you think a Dr. would have prevented that???

Where the hell was Jayson Williams doctor?

Of course not. People who are irresponsible will not suddenly become responsible because a doctor tells them something. It is a myth.

So you're afraid. That's why you carry a jack and spare tire. Glad we cleared that up. You probably have car insurance and homeowner's insurance as well for the same reason: fear.

My customer's little daughters are now grown women in their 20s and 30s. Neither one ever had an accident. One of them was a competition shooter and wielded a shotgun against an intruder one time. My customer has had successful businesses and a long lasting marriage and raised two great kids who are themselves successful. Yeah, sounds cuckoo all right.

You're right. If I didn't fear flat tires, accidents or house fires I wouldn't need spare tires or insurance. So it sounds like we are in agreement and it is resolved that the ONLY reason to carry a gun is FEAR, right? And since I don't share the same fear of "boogey men" I don't feel the need to carry a gun with me everywhere I go.

So let me get this straight. YOU'RE the one that said your customer had guns all over the house with LITTLE kids around. And if he's as much of a "gun nut" as you say he is wouldn't be a safe assumption to say his guns were loaded? And you're saying that having loaded guns laying all over the house with little kids around is OK?????

Yeah... there are more people in prison in this country now than ever and ironically, it's the facet of our government that no one is looking to cut.

You're correct that it's a problem. Your solution seems to be less people in prison. My solution is to start executing the surplus prison population (especially the violent ones).

But I digress... your collective shit(worth $100 bucks or so) that you mentioned is worth more than a human life? Sorry, I disagree. My immortal soul is worth losing my material goods(for which I am insured at replacement cost... you know??? Preparedness?). But putting my immortal soul in jeopardy because I want to play the "tough guy"? Nahh... I'll pass.

So far as I'm concerned it's immoral NOT to stop someone from stealing from you... BY WHATEVER MEANS ARE NECESSARY. I'm insured as well. I carry a policy from the same company as my car insurance. I carry another from Smith & Wesson and a third from Remington Arms.

Like I said... If it came down to brass tack.. an Intruder vs. My family. I'd shoot. But not to protect my possessions... I even have to wonder if it was just me vs. him. I THINK I'd be much bolder and have the gun at the ready, but try to scare the sucker away. The Clack of the pump off of a 12 gauge will do that in most cases. Sure, I might pay the ultimate price in that kind of error in judgment, but I'd rather not kill.

My pump action is already loaded. Racking it would simply remove one round of useful ammunition. I'll repeat something I've said many times here.... Show me what a man will kill or die for and I'll show you what he cares about. Show me what he will not kill or die for and I'll show you what means nothing to him.

You're right. If I didn't fear flat tires, accidents or house fires I wouldn't need spare tires or insurance. So it sounds like we are in agreement and it is resolved that the ONLY reason to carry a gun is FEAR, right? And since I don't share the same fear of "boogey men" I don't feel the need to carry a gun with me everywhere I go.

So let me get this straight. YOU'RE the one that said your customer had guns all over the house with LITTLE kids around. And if he's as much of a "gun nut" as you say he is wouldn't be a safe assumption to say his guns were loaded? And you're saying that having loaded guns laying all over the house with little kids around is OK?????

If you conside the number of muggings, road rage incidents and murders in this country, one need not assume a "boogeyman" is a threat. The crackhead down the street is enough. But hey, if you feel safe without one, go ahead. Same as you've probably never needed your spare tire. Go and drive without one. Think fo the gas savings.
As for my customer, yes they were all loaded. Yes he had two little girls. Yes, they grew up safely because their father was responsible enough to teach them at an early age what guns were and when not to touch them. I realize for a statist liberal like yourself leaving these things up to a responsible individual is unthinkable. But the results speak for themselves.
I'll add I have 3 kids and have had loaded guns around the house for probably 15 years with no incident. This isn't unusual, btw.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fucking Nanny staters. Hey you don't like the questions your doctor ask you? Find another doctor.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fucking Nanny staters. Hey you don't like the questions your doctor ask you? Find another doctor.

So if your potential employer asks you if you are a Catholic do you say "Fuck you" and go find another employer?

Yup. Thousands of innocent children will be slaughtered if this legislation.

What qualifies a doctor to give advice about gun safety??

Critics: New Gun Law Will Kill Kids - Yahoo! News

when I was a kid parents were required to take responciblity for their kids , not any more .

you kept guns out of kids hands unless a adult was supervising them .

as for as what qualifies a doctor ? you really think doctors don't have guns , a doctor can talk on experience and common sense .

florida is a backwoods state where we send our old people to die .
they have jeb bush as a governor . what do you except from them ?

So if your potential employer asks you if you are a Catholic do you say "Fuck you" and go find another employer?

No I'd say "no". It would be pretty stupid, but I do have the right to tell him "Fuck You" don't I?

I'm not sure I get your point?

Yup. Thousands of innocent children will be slaughtered if this legislation.

What qualifies a doctor to give advice about gun safety??

Critics: New Gun Law Will Kill Kids - Yahoo! News

when I was a kid parents were required to take responciblity for their kids , not any more .

you kept guns out of kids hands unless a adult was supervising them .

as for as what qualifies a doctor ? you really think doctors don't have guns , a doctor can talk on experience and common sense .

florida is a backwoods state where we send our old people to die .
they have jeb bush as a governor . what do you except from them ?

Merely being a doctor does not qualify someone to give advice about gun safety.
And if you can't tell the difference between "expect" and "except" you have no right to complain about someone else's intelligence.

No I'd say "no". It would be pretty stupid, but I do have the right to tell him "Fuck You" don't I?

The point is that we already restrict speech in certain commercial applications. And that no one should have to be put in the position of telling his doctor fuck off, especially since this may be the only doctor he will be able to see.

My doctor still always asks me if I still smoke, which is another killer but also still legal. But I'm not going to change doctors just to get the same question from another one.

My doctor still always asks me if I still smoke, which is another killer but also still legal. But I'm not going to change doctors just to get the same question from another one.

You're not actually comparing an inanimate object with a health-impacting habit, are you?

The point is that we already restrict speech in certain commercial applications. And that no one should have to be put in the position of telling his doctor fuck off, especially since this may be the only doctor he will be able to see.

And I don't particulary agree with those either. I don't agree with the governement telling private owned businesses that their customers are not allowed to smoke. The government should not be making laws telling doctors what they cannot say to thier patients. If enough patients tell him fuck off then he will either leave or stop. People could also complain to the ethics board as well.

Forum List

Back