For all the Bigoted Bakers, Fanatical Florists and Pharisee Photographers

You can limit what you provide to everyone, but that was not the scenario. Let's go back to the scenario. You are refusing to print specific words that are purely religious in nature - just words you don't like. You do not refuse to print all words to everyone. That is prohibited discrimination under the Oregon law.

That's right. I can refuse to print words I don't like. What I cannot do is refuse to do business with a person because he or she is gay. I can tell them that I don't provide such products (I can win in a court too, by claiming doing such would hurt my business) and I can show them the products and services that I do offer.

You cannot discriminate against a protected class, which happens to include religion. You can certainly refuse as you please, but you will be in violation of the Oregon law and subject to the same penalties.

If I refused them access to my product, that would be discrimination according to the Oregon law. Controlling my product is not.

If refusing to write "Congratulations Monica and Denise" on a wedding cake is discrimination, how is refusing to write "Homosexuality is an abomination, sayeth the Lord" on a poster not discrimination?

I said it wasn't discrimination. Neither of those things are discrimination. What is discrimination is refusing to bake a cake for a person because he or she is gay.

More threading the needle to screw over people you don't agree with.

"protecting" nothing but hurt feelings in this case, not actual harm.

You fainting flowers seem to be all big and tough when government does your dirty work, but being told "i'm sorry, we don't provide service X, please go to someone else" ZOMG, the vapors!!!!!

They didn't say, "We don't provide service X".

They said, "We don't provide service X TO YOU because our Magic Man in the sky says you are an abomination and are going to burn in hell!"

That kind of ignorance needs to be slapped down.. Hard.

In a free society that sort of thing is an end result. You don't want a free society, you want a bunch of lemmings following whatever progressive tripe is the current flavor of the month.

Again, why does going into business mean you lose your rights as an american without a compelling government interest?

Because you are running a public accommodation as defined by the law. A Public Accommodation those Lesbians contributed to with their taxes.

Or as a wise man said, 'You didn't build that."

Figures you would quote that crap. Again, government doesn't control us, we are supposed to control government. only a Statist twat such as yourself gets that wrong again and again and again.

If you take my car, I suffer harm. If my feelings are hurt but I still get the product I want with minimal additional effort, I am not harmed, or at least harmed much much less than someone facing a "bake or go away" choice that is an affront to their personal moral code.

Then they should have opened their bakery in one of the 31 states that doesn't include sexual orientation as a covered group by the PA Laws.

Free exercise of religion is something all "57" states has to grant.

Again, why does going into business mean you lose your rights as an american without a compelling government interest?

Because you are running a public accommodation as defined by the law. A Public Accommodation those Lesbians contributed to with their taxes.

Figures you would quote that crap. Again, government doesn't control us, we are supposed to control government. only a Statist twat such as yourself gets that wrong again and again and again.

What both sides get wrong is that we are the government. There is no separation. We built the cities, the towns, the roads, the power grid, etc. We created and continue to create the government. It is not some alien overlord, it is us. When a business opens, it does not do so in a vacuum. It exists because we exist. Take away the "we" and all you have is an empty store front gathering dust. That is not being a statist, that is pointing out obvious fact.

What both sides get wrong is that we are the government. There is no separation. We built the cities, the towns, the roads, the power grid, etc. We created and continue to create the government. It is not some alien overlord, it is us. When a business opens, it does not do so in a vacuum. It exists because we exist. Take away the "we" and all you have is an empty store front gathering dust. That is not being a statist, that is pointing out obvious fact.

The problem is the progressive side things government is the "owner" in the relationship.

And your view would be more correct if we haven't created a new over-class of professional politicians, and a bloated bureaucracy that, at the local level, often influences who gets elected far more than the "normal" citizens in said jurisdiction.

That's right. I can refuse to print words I don't like. What I cannot do is refuse to do business with a person because he or she is gay. I can tell them that I don't provide such products (I can win in a court too, by claiming doing such would hurt my business) and I can show them the products and services that I do offer.

You cannot discriminate against a protected class, which happens to include religion. You can certainly refuse as you please, but you will be in violation of the Oregon law and subject to the same penalties.

If I refused them access to my product, that would be discrimination according to the Oregon law. Controlling my product is not.

If refusing to write "Congratulations Monica and Denise" on a wedding cake is discrimination, how is refusing to write "Homosexuality is an abomination, sayeth the Lord" on a poster not discrimination?

I said it wasn't discrimination. Neither of those things are discrimination. What is discrimination is refusing to bake a cake for a person because he or she is gay.

Are you kidding? Are you people insane or something? How exactly am I screwing you over? :lol: Too funny.

Well, I don't see how we can call ourselves a "free country." Because the religious people want to force their beliefs on everyone else, we are certainly NOT a free country. Disgusting.

Are you kidding? Are you people insane or something? How exactly am I screwing you over? :lol: Too funny.

Not, me, people who disagree with you in general. when you use government to tell them to "bake or die", you are screwing them over via government fiat.

You fainting flowers seem to be all big and tough when government does your dirty work, but being told "i'm sorry, we don't provide service X, please go to someone else" ZOMG, the vapors!!!!!

They said, "We don't provide service X TO YOU because our Magic Man in the sky says you are an abomination and are going to burn in hell!"

In a free society that sort of thing is an end result. You don't want a free society, you want a bunch of lemmings following whatever progressive tripe is the current flavor of the month.

I think you are suffering from overt paranoia.

For all the Bigoted Bakers, Fanatical Florists and Pharisee Photographers
It is not bigotry to identify and shun sexual deviants and perverts (homosexuals).

Yes, it is.
Automatic gainsay is not a valid counterpoint.

Ok: Bigot: : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

What you just wrote fits that definition perfectly. All you are really saying is that it isn't bigotry if you do it.

Well, I don't see how we can call ourselves a "free country." Because the religious people want to force their beliefs on everyone else, we are certainly NOT a free country. Disgusting.

And what you want is to force your beliefs on religious people, worse so because you want to force them to DO something they don't want to do, and you want to use government to do it.

You are the bully here, not the bakers.

Not, me, people who disagree with you in general. when you use government to tell them to "bake or die", you are screwing them over via government fiat.

I haven't used the government for anything, you nut. I'm posting my opinion on a message board. Get over yourself.

And you suffer from a fascist desire to make people act like you want them to act.

And you suffer from a fascist desire to make people act like you want them to act.

That sounds like a description of yourself and other conservative Christians. The sky is falling because of the gays!!! Lol! :lol: I certainly hope most Americans are not as delusional as the people who post on this board.

I haven't used the government for anything, you nut. I'm posting my opinion on a message board. Get over yourself.

You support the policy, you own it.

That sounds like a description of yourself and other conservative Christians. The sky is falling because of the gays!!! Lol! :lol: I certainly hope most Americans are not as delusional as the people who post on this board.

Not a conservative Christian, a lapsed catholic strict constructional federalist, with libertarian leanings.

Get it right.

OMG, the gays are ruining my life. They want to be married and they actually EXPECT to be served at stores. My God, the NERVE of those heathens! What an insult to the conservative Christians that they might have to actually serve a gay person!!! Yup, must be the end of the world.

Forum List

Back