Gays Should STOP Defending Islam

damn that was a quick
giphy.gif
Texting is a mofo while driving.

Christianity views the New Testament as superseding the Old.

Followers of Jesus of Nazareth and his message of love and forgiveness and universal fellowship consider those teachings to override anything to the contrary in the Old.

In truth, for Christians following the core teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, the Old Testament merely serves as backup for anything not updated and covered in the New.

This is not really accurate, the New Testament does not supersede the Old, without the Old we would not know who Jesus is. The Old is what leads us to Jesus the savior.

But it was correctly stated by someone in this thread that many of the rules and regulations of the Old Testament were given to a specific group of people at a specific time. That is why they are not followed today, not because they have been superseded, but because they were never meant for us.

And, when you get right down to it...

Mainstream Christianity teaches that one must hate (shun) the Sin, but love the Sinner.

Yes, mainstream Christianity does teach that, too bad it is not found in the bible.

Yeah, I'm the one who said that.

As I said, I schooled you.

you are proof that even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Actually, it proves that you were wildly over ambitious in your belief that you're equipped to *school* me, "little boy".

Yeah again, you have nothing.

"Formal theological training"...before you nutted out and had to quit, I've no doubt. You can't seem to keep straight what you're saying, or what anyone else is saying.

No, I did not quit, it was my minor while getting my bachelors degree. In total I have 27 hours of formal theological education. I also spent many years as Lay Leader and the commander (that as the official title) for a Children's ministry called Awana, in which I received many more hours of formal training.

And what is "a follower of Christ"?

A follower of Christ is one who follows Christ. I once called myself a Christian, but to do so puts me in the same group as people like you, so I no longer use that term to describe my relationship to Jesus.

Last edited:

Followers of Jesus of Nazareth and his message of love and forgiveness and universal fellowship consider those teachings to override anything to the contrary in the Old.

In truth, for Christians following the core teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, the Old Testament merely serves as backup for anything not updated and covered in the New.

This is not really accurate, the New Testament does not supersede the Old, without the Old we would not know who Jesus is. The Old is what leads us to Jesus the savior.

But it was correctly stated by someone in this thread that many of the rules and regulations of the Old Testament were given to a specific group of people at a specific time. That is why they are not followed today, not because they have been superseded, but because they were never meant for us.

Mainstream Christianity teaches that one must hate (shun) the Sin, but love the Sinner.

Yes, mainstream Christianity does teach that, too bad it is not found in the bible.

Actually, it proves that you were wildly over ambitious in your belief that you're equipped to *school* me, "little boy".

This is true. I am not up to the task of teaching you how to follow a thread.

Yeah again, you have nothing.

"Formal theological training"...before you nutted out and had to quit, I've no doubt. You can't seem to keep straight what you're saying, or what anyone else is saying.

No, I did not quit, it was my minor while getting my bachelors degree. In total I have 27 hours of formal theological education. I also spent many years as Lay Leader and the commander (that as the official title) for a Children's ministry called Awana, in which I received many more hours of formal training.

And what is "a follower of Christ"?

A follower of Christ is one who follows Christ. I once called myself a Christian, but to do so puts me in the same group as people like you, so I no longer use that term to describe my relationship to Jesus.

So you have broken off from Christianity.

You have established a new church that consists of yourself. That's awesome.

And further shows you to be anti-Christian. Of course you are going to lie about it. Maybe you lie to yourself.

But the church is the body of Christ..and Christ loves the church.

In rejecting the church, you reject Christ. Which you would know if you really were the scholar you pretend to be.

Your purpose in pretending to be a *sort* of Christian is to try to lead others away from the church, and away from salvation. You aren't original, and you aren't hard to spot.

Last edited:

This is true. I am not up to the task of teaching you how to follow a thread.

You aren't up to the task of teaching anything, sad sack.

And further shows you to be anti-Christian. Of course you are going to lie about it. Maybe you lie to yourself.

In rejecting the church, you reject Christ. Which you would know if you really were the scholar you pretend to be.

Your purpose in pretending to be a *sort* of Christian is to try to lead others away from the church, and away from salvation. You aren't original, and you aren't hard to spot.

I have not broken off from the Church, just from the fake church that calls America its home.

Christ does love the Church, sadly what we see in this country is no longer the Church.

...But it was correctly stated by someone in this thread that many of the rules and regulations of the Old Testament were given to a specific group of people at a specific time. That is why they are not followed today, not because they have been superseded, but because they were never meant for us...
We are going to have to agree to disagree about Old and New and supersession.

I have not broken off from the Church, just from the fake church that calls America its home.

Christ does love the Church, sadly what we see in this country is no longer the Church.

Lol. "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

You forsake Christ.

But I knew it already.

What is it the Christian bible says about homoseuxals...

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)
That's Old Testament..

...But it was correctly stated by someone in this thread that many of the rules and regulations of the Old Testament were given to a specific group of people at a specific time. That is why they are not followed today, not because they have been superseded, but because they were never meant for us...
We are going to have to agree to disagree about Old and New and supersession.

Sounds good! Compromise is good!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

As much as Republicans hate gays, closeted Republicans hate them even more.

Self hate much?

The next time Christians in America organize and throw homosexuals off of buildings for being gay, we should start comparing the tolerance of Christianity versus Islam.

We have recent examples of Muslims doing this in the Middle East. I encourage anyone to post recent examples of Christians doing this in America.

Last edited:
What is it the Christian bible says about homoseuxals...

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)
Actually that's the Old Testament.

So, are the 10 Commandments.

It's exciting that you know that. I'm not sure what the relevance is, but have a cookie.

You can't pick and choose which part of the book to accept. The point is pretty obvious.
But you can choose what to act on. Islam does not give you that option. And who do we see acting out?

Islam doesn't give me that option? :badgrin:

Actually that's the Old Testament.

It's exciting that you know that. I'm not sure what the relevance is, but have a cookie.

You can't pick and choose which part of the book to accept. The point is pretty obvious.
But you can choose what to act on. Islam does not give you that option. And who do we see acting out?

According to the Koran jihad is obligatory for the Muslim. A pretty far amount of Muslims take that seriously.

According to the Koran jihad is obligatory for the Muslim. A pretty far amount of Muslims take that seriously.

A pretty fair amount of wingnuts believe everything they read.

Forum List

Back