Gingrich costing taxpayers $40,000 a day

man oh man..

Now they are worrying about 40,000 a day
I'd hate to add up the cost of Obama using air force one on all his jaunts for campaigning, fundraisers, tv interview, trips, etc etc

the abuse by this man of us taxpayers is astounding..

What IS the Gubmint spending per day under Obama? (The one that has demanded another Debt ceiling...and the same one that is supported by a Senate Majority leader that continues to violate the Constitution with NO budget)? [In a concerted effort to make it the Republican's fault in this election]...

In light of continued uninhibited and reckless federal spending by the Obama administration, this page continues to be updated<"Speed Of Light"

Jilian can get back to us on why we think there should be a choice of Republican candidates after she gets the shrimp treadmill research cancelled. This is so tiny compared to all the things we have a choice over what to have a cow about.

You think there's still a choice in the primary? Like, Gingrich could somehow get a huge surge in popularity overnight and snatch the primary away from Romney?

It ain't gonna happen!

You guys can spin this off into as many tangents as you want with shrimp treadmills and Airforce One but the fact remains, Gingrich is obviously not going to win and he is knowingly and needlessly wasting taxpayer money. Another example of right-wing hot air blathering about government spending up until it comes to personal need. Then the mantra becomes: I got mine!

Zzzz.

Newt has all but acknowledged that it's over. The fat lady has already started the song.

On the other hand, if he sees any political advantage in proceeding as a nominal candidate with an eye on the Convention (steering the discussion about the platform, etc), then he is clearly allowed to proceed and it aint exactly an issue the Democratics have any valid say in.

But it is funny as hell to see liberals trying to one-up Republicans about stupid spending at the $40K/day level when they think nothing of exploding the deficit by over $5 TRILLION in less than 3 1/2 years.

Yeah. I'm buyin' your genuine expression of fiscal concern.

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL

As if the exploding deficit was the sole fault of the liberals.......

Sure, whatever.

Tell me, just what political advantage to you think Gingrich is eyeing right now? The longer he stays in, the longer it shows he is lost in denial.... at the taxpayer's expense.

Last edited:
You think there's still a choice in the primary? Like, Gingrich could somehow get a huge surge in popularity overnight and snatch the primary away from Romney?

It ain't gonna happen!

You guys can spin this off into as many tangents as you want with shrimp treadmills and Airforce One but the fact remains, Gingrich is obviously not going to win and he is knowingly and needlessly wasting taxpayer money. Another example of right-wing hot air blathering about government spending up until it comes to personal need. Then the mantra becomes: I got mine!

Zzzz.

Newt has all but acknowledged that it's over. The fat lady has already started the song.

On the other hand, if he sees any political advantage in proceeding as a nominal candidate with an eye on the Convention (steering the discussion about the platform, etc), then he is clearly allowed to proceed and it aint exactly an issue the Democratics have any valid say in.

But it is funny as hell to see liberals trying to one-up Republicans about stupid spending at the $40K/day level when they think nothing of exploding the deficit by over $5 TRILLION in less than 3 1/2 years.

LOL

Sure, whatever.

Tell me, just what political advantage to you think Gingrich is eyeing right now? He might be lost in denial about stealing the nomination away from Romney but are you?

The exploding debt and deficit problem is not solely attributable to the Democratics. Calm down. Nothing I posted suggests any such thing.

Thankfully, that deflection effort you just threw out there is meaningless, since I DID limit my comment to the INCREASE in the deficit over the past 3 1/2 years -- which IS the period in which The ONE has been at the helm. Much of that time not only was The ONE at the helm but he was at the helm with an iron-clad majority in BOTH Houses of our illustrious legislative branch.

In case you -- you know -- kind of "forgot" that historical fact.

Zzzz.

LOL

Sure, whatever.

Tell me, just what political advantage to you think Gingrich is eyeing right now? He might be lost in denial about stealing the nomination away from Romney but are you?

The exploding debt and deficit problem is not solely attributable to the Democratics. Calm down. Nothing I posted suggests any such thing.

Thankfully, that deflection effort you just threw out there is meaningless, since I DID limit my comment to the INCREASE in the deficit over the past 3 1/2 years -- which IS the period in which The ONE has been at the helm. Much of that time not only was The ONE at the helm but he was at the helm with an iron-clad majority in BOTH Houses of our illustrious legislative branch.

Equal Culpability. I like it.
icon14.gif

LOL

Sure, whatever.

Equal Culpability. I like it.
icon14.gif

It may not be equal, but that does not excuse the GOP portion of the culpability.

Zzzz.

LOL

Sure, whatever.

I did not bring up the deficit as a deflection from Gingrich's wasteful taxpayer spending to begin with. Nor did I bring up shrimp treadmills or Airforce One.

For his security detail.

Why aren't the "fiscal conservatives" in melt down?

Air Force One costs $181,000/hour for Obama to travel in. We'll worry about that expense first.

Why are liberals only concerned about government spending when it involves Republican politicians?

LOL

Sure, whatever.

I did not bring up the deficit as a deflection from Gingrich's wasteful taxpayer spending to begin with. Nor did I bring up shrimp treadmills or Airforce One.

The deficit is the point of the spending of government money, stupid. So it's not a "deflection."

What YOU "brought up" was that the particular spending was allegedly "wasteful." And you're wrong. The provision of protection for candidates is far from wasteful.

Since Newt is effectively, now, a non-candidate (in all but formality), it may be time to give thought to ending the protection. On the other hand, it might not be. It ends when his candidacy officially ends. That's the present method. It is pretty rational.

If you imagine you even have a point, you're being delusional. In any event, you haven't managed to cobble two sentences together yet to state your alleged "point."

The deficit is the point of the spending of government money, stupid. So it's not a "deflection."

What YOU "brought up" was that the particular spending was allegedly "wasteful." And you're wrong. The provision of protection for candidates is far from wasteful.

Since Newt is effectively, now, a non-candidate (in all but formality), it may be time to give thought to ending the protection. On the other hand, it might not be. It ends when his candidacy officially ends. That's the present method. It is pretty rational.

If you imagine you even have a point, you're being delusional. In any event, you haven't managed to cobble two sentences together yet to state your alleged "point."

sfcalifornia is trying to tell us that he/she would like to see Newt get assassinated.

Forum List

Back