Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

He was out of line, he apologized, controversy over.

Well it should be, but I think it's highly unlikely that we have heard the last of it...

Should be, but...giving forgiveness and moving on with repeat offenders, only serves to belittle the apologies of the well meaning and truly repentant in the rest of society.

Why? Has Beck brought the Obama girls into the discussion previously?

Beck is a cowardly prick.

What is wrong with a parent telling humorous stories about their children?

Because if you want kids off limits then kids are OFF LIMITS. PERIOD.

Its WRONG for Daddy to use them to make his points. Just as it is WRONG for beck to use them in response. However if daddy had not used his child there would have been nothing for beck to say about them. Daddy's fault.

Sarah Palin has put her kids "out there" an endless number of times. Glad we both agree that she should STOP whining about imaginary attacks.

For once we agree. She put her kids out there and up for debate. She cant complain when what is said is not to her liking. If palin wanted her kids off the table, she should not have put them out there into the ring.

AND the same applies for daddy obama.

I don't get it.

Most parents can relate to the innocent questions of their children. Lots of parents relay those questions to those around them - because when you're a good parent, your children are a big part of your world.

It seems demented to me for the right to hound Obama for this. Really. I just don't get it.

Then again, when I think about the dementia a number of folks on the right suffer, I do.

You seem to think this is a right left thing. Why is that? It is demented if you have double standards.

The point is MOST people are not the president of the United States, nor do said most people have that level the media scrutiny. Most people will not use their daughter as a political pawn. Most parents would try to protect their children from comintary.
Oh I get it.

Obama shouldn't mention a remark his child made 'cause some fucked up in the head conservatives will naturally use that as an occasion to show their ugly inner selves.

I don't get it.

Most parents can relate to the innocent questions of their children. Lots of parents relay those questions to those around them - because when you're a good parent, your children are a big part of your world.

It seems demented to me for the right to hound Obama for this. Really. I just don't get it.

Then again, when I think about the dementia a number of folks on the right suffer, I do.

You seem to think this is a right left thing. Why is that? It is demented if you have double standards.

The point is MOST people are not the president of the United States, nor do said most people have that level the media scrutiny. Most people will not use their daughter as a political pawn. Most parents would try to protect their children from comintary.
Oh I get it.

Obama shouldn't mention a remark his child made 'cause some fucked up in the head conservatives will naturally use that as an occasion to show their ugly inner selves.

daddy shouldn't be using his children. Period.

Oh I get it.

demoRats prove their hypocrisy every time they open they mouffs. :eusa_angel:

Oh I get it.

yeah, and stupid people shouldn't be allowed out in public. but here you are.

:cuckoo:

obama is the one who threw his own daughter under the bus. No ones fault but his own she is being made fun of. obama made his daughter fair game and put her in the position of defending her fathers statements for the rest of her life.

If you want your children kept out of the fire, don't USE them to further your political aspirations.

Hopefully the idiot has learned a lesson to keep his daughters our of the ring.

What are you talking about? :cuckoo:

obama USED his daughter to make a statement about the oil spill. If the man doesn't want his daughters put out there as fair game, no matter their ages, then the man best not be throwing them under the bus.

I feel sorry for the girl. It wasn't fair of her father to use her like that.

Beck just proved he is a scum bag, and you defend him and attack Obama? I'm so fucking sick of you right wing pea brains always trying to project some right wing moron's scummy attack on the victim...

Beck attacked an 11 year old girl, what NEXT???

Oh I get it.

yeah, and stupid people shouldn't be allowed out in public. but here you are.

:cuckoo:

Agreed. However you are not the president of the United States either.

obama USED his daughter to make a statement about the oil spill. If the man doesn't want his daughters put out there as fair game, no matter their ages, then the man best not be throwing them under the bus.

Beck just proved he is a scum bag, and you defend him and attack Obama? I'm so fucking sick of you right wing pea brains always trying to project some right wing moron's scummy attack on the victim...

you weren't whining when Mrs. Palin's children were attacked so cry us a river whydonchya?

And where do I defend beck? Have I said "go beck good one!" Daddy should not have used his daughter and beck should not have used daddys example for the but of a joke.

Answer this: If daddy had not brought up his daughter would beck have said anything about his daughter or her education?

obama is the one who threw his own daughter under the bus. No ones fault but his own she is being made fun of. obama made his daughter fair game and put her in the position of defending her fathers statements for the rest of her life.

If you want your children kept out of the fire, don't USE them to further your political aspirations.

Hopefully the idiot has learned a lesson to keep his daughters our of the ring.

Exactly. Obama did what every statist does when they are in trouble. Trot out the children, even their own. Carter did it in a debate against Ronald Reagan. It didn't work.

Obama is at fault here regardless. He tried to divert attention by using his daughter as a pawn.

He should be ashamed...regardless of what Beck said.

Who in their right mind tells the media that his daughter asked about when he's gonna plug the hole? The swipe is at Obama, not his kid. But.... Obama should keep his kids out of politics.

I don't get it.

I haven't heard what Beck said and if he did attack the child, then it's way out of line but people have to remember in this world that you will reap what you sow. Democrats can't have come out during the last campaign saying that Palin's kids were fair game because she brought them on stage with her and then not realize the awful precedent they were setting. Everyone seems to be so interested in getting their hits in that they don't realize that they've been destroying the civility in society.

And where do I defend beck? Have I said "go beck good one!" Daddy should not have used his daughter and beck should not have used daddys example for the but of a joke.

Answer this: If daddy had not brought up his daughter would beck have said anything about his daughter or her education?

There was NO CALL for Beck to attack an 11 year old girl, and make fun of HER regardless of whether her father brought up her comment.

There was NO CALL for Beck to attack an 11 year old girl, and make fun of HER regardless of whether her father brought up her comment.

I do not dispute that. There was ASLO no call for daddy to trot her out there for public consumption. Daddys fault for throwing his daughter under the bus and PUTTING his daughter in the sights of beck.

I consider myself a liberal Republican. I don't like Beck. All he does is propose the outrageous and gets his viewers into a frenzy. Attacking children is never okay. However. I'm sick of Obama using his children in his speeches. It was dumb using them during a speech addressing a national crisis.

Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter | Media Matters for America

Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.

Obama remarked yesterday during his press conference that Malia asked him of the Gulf oil spill: "Did you Plug The Hole Yet, Daddy?" Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to - they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Video after the jump. Glenn Beck reaches a new low.

I would gladly pay a fine and serve time, if I had the opportunity to have a face to face with Beck. One slap. One small slap in the face. Not a punch. Not anything scaring or damaging, except to his frail ego. One slap in the face.

I'd consider it a civil protest for the betterment of society as a whole.

:cool:

ROFLMNAO!

Becks Security would beat you into a stew...

But look, if ya get within striking distance... be sure its on tape! And leave word for your survivors to post it here FIRST!

It probably didn't occur to Obama that right wingers would use this tragedy to smear his daughter and try to gain political points.

They probably thought they were being funny. Can anyone think of any other inappropriate jokes by the right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKX6luiMINQ]YouTube - Bush Jokes about WMD[/ame]

thank you wingers...

[youtube]BfUpb3knV00[/youtube]

When this old world starts a getting me down,
and people are just too much for me to face.
I'll climb way up to the top of the stairs and all my cares just drift right into space.
On the roof, it's peaceful as can be and there the world below don't bother me, no, no.

So when I come home feeling tired and beat, I'll go up where the air is fresh and sweet.
I'll get far away from the hustling crowd and all the rat-race noise down in the street.
On the roof, that's the only place I know, look at the city, baby.
Where you just have to wish to make it so, let's go up on the roof.

And at night the stars, they put on a show for free.

I consider myself a liberal Republican. I don't like Beck. All he does is propose the outrageous and gets his viewers into a frenzy. Attacking children is never okay. However. I'm sick of Obama using his children in his speeches. It was dumb using them during a speech addressing a national crisis.

Hey Scout...

Do you have an example of 'Beck proposing the outrageous?'

I've run across this sort of position before and without exception... the person making the assertion, cannot offer a valid example of the outrageous proposition.

But I'm sure you're standing by with many solid examples... so let's see whatcha got..

Forum List

Back