GM Scrambling to Get a Competing Product to Tesla

Tesla has a long road to travel before they generate a profit on their inventions. Not to mention the politics they may need to overcome as well. Do we really think in todays political climate that Tesla really even has a chance for success when the government is backing General Motors over Tesla? Please...what the government endorses, the government will make sure is a success. Don't you think so?

My question would be "how can Tesla compete given the odds of success against them"?

Education of buyers. I own two, everyone that rides with me wants one. Then I let them drive it. Then they order one.

So...when you have mechanical / technical problems (and you will) with your Tesla's, what's the plan on getting them repaired? When the battery fails (and it will), what happens to all those lithium ion batteries that it's powered with? In other words...is the product really green when it's disposable parts are environmentally toxic?

Tesla is scrambling. All the green junk is scrambling to stay alive without help from taxpayer dollars. Another company which produced electric car equipment that had close to 100 million injected into it by Hussein stimulus has recently gone bankrupt.

I agree that the green technology is struggling! The green cleaning products on the market just don't do the job efficiently...so guess what...I continue to buy a tried and true product that's possibly more environmentally toxic. Solar lights tend to be dimmer than electric lights...so it's value and extent of use is quite limited. I could go on and on here, but I think folks get my drift that as of yet...green technology is lacking in effectiveness and scope.

Now...don't get me wrong...I wish we could power the world with green technology...but realistically, that doesn't appear feasible.

GM is trying to roll out an electric car that goes 200 miles per charge (like the Model S) for $30K. They claim they are close, but not quite there.

VW claims they will soon be the leaders in the electric car industry. While Tesla states they will have a mass market model within 4 yrs.

The future is looking bright for electric car. Tesla got the first gen the jump start it needed. The second gen will have some of the bugs worked out, but the 3rd gen (about 4-5 yrs) will see the electric car go mainstream and the slow extinction of the gas fueled engine will begin.

GM Floats Plan for Vehicle that Rivals Tesla - WSJ.com
The gas- (and diesel-) fueled engine will be around a long time. There are some vehicles that simply cannot be driven by a battery.

Tesla has a long road to travel before they generate a profit on their inventions. Not to mention the politics they may need to overcome as well. Do we really think in todays political climate that Tesla really even has a chance for success when the government is backing General Motors over Tesla? Please...what the government endorses, the government will make sure is a success. Don't you think so?

My question would be "how can Tesla compete given the odds of success against them"?

Education of buyers. I own two, everyone that rides with me wants one. Then I let them drive it. Then they order one.

So...when you have mechanical / technical problems (and you will) with your Tesla's, what's the plan on getting them repaired? When the battery fails (and it will), what happens to all those lithium ion batteries that it's powered with? In other words...is the product really green when it's disposable parts are environmentally toxic?

Tesla is scrambling. All the green junk is scrambling to stay alive without help from taxpayer dollars. Another company which produced electric car equipment that had close to 100 million injected into it by Hussein stimulus has recently gone bankrupt.

I agree that the green technology is struggling! The green cleaning products on the market just don't do the job efficiently...so guess what...I continue to buy a tried and true product that's possibly more environmentally toxic. Solar lights tend to be dimmer than electric lights...so it's value and extent of use is quite limited. I could go on and on here, but I think folks get my drift that as of yet...green technology is lacking in effectiveness and scope.

Now...don't get me wrong...I wish we could power the world with green technology...but realistically, that doesn't appear feasible.

Solar lights????????????? Explanation please.

GM is trying to roll out an electric car that goes 200 miles per charge (like the Model S) for $30K. They claim they are close, but not quite there.

VW claims they will soon be the leaders in the electric car industry. While Tesla states they will have a mass market model within 4 yrs.

The future is looking bright for electric car. Tesla got the first gen the jump start it needed. The second gen will have some of the bugs worked out, but the 3rd gen (about 4-5 yrs) will see the electric car go mainstream and the slow extinction of the gas fueled engine will begin.

The gas- (and diesel-) fueled engine will be around a long time. There are some vehicles that simply cannot be driven by a battery.

And we still use horses in some places.

TSLA: Summary for Tesla Motors, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance

SCTY Stock Quote - SolarCity Corp. Stock Price Today (SCTY:NASDAQ) - MarketWatch

Solar power capacity is set to overtake wind for the first time this year, as a slowdown in the world’s two largest wind markets, China and the U.S., clear the way for a growing solar market, according to a report released Thursday.

Clean energy news and data provider Bloomberg New Energy Finance forecast new onshore and offshore wind farms to add 33.8 gigawatts and 1.7 gigawatts, respectively, to global power markets.

That compares with an estimated 36.7 gigawatts of new photovoltaic, or PV, capacity, the first year in which solar power will add more megawatts than wind.

“The dramatic cost reductions in PV, combined with new incentive regimes in Japan and China, are making possible further, strong growth in volumes,” said Jenny Chase, head of solar analysis at Bloomberg New Energy Finance. “Europe is a declining market, because many countries there are rapidly moving away from incentives, but it will continue to see new PV capacity added.”

Solar power to overtake wind for the first time - Energy Ticker - MarketWatch

The combination of decreasing solar costs, and decreasing costs and increasing range for the EV'S will create a lot bigger market, a lot sooner, than most here expect.

Solar lights????????????? Explanation please.

I'm confused...what part of the term "solar lights" do you not understand?

And we still use horses in some places.
Indeed. So pointing to electric vehicles and saying they'll replace all ICE vehicles is amazingly optimistic.

Large scale electric car penetration into the automotive market will require a commensurate increase in electricity production. At present, nuclear power seems ideally suited to fill this requirement by providing cheap off-peak power to recharge electric car batteries.

Tesla will never be able to go into large scale production of its cars without a partnership with one of the established manufacturers. The main value of the company is selling its battery technology to these manufacturers.

The Chevy Volt is probably the car of the future, but the Government Motors moniker has given it a negative connotation. Look for other manufacturers to start adopting this technology.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pphr7WyNBWU]Exclusive Video:Tesla Stock Tumbles After Model S Catches Fire Near Seattle - YouTube[/ame]

DETROIT (Reuters) – A video that went viral of a burning Tesla electric car has emerged as a public relations nightmare for the company, analysts said Thursday, as the “green car” maker lost as much as $3 billion in market value two days after the incident in Washington state.

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) has confirmed that the car caught fire after the driver ran over a large metallic object on Tuesday morning just south of Seattle, causing extensive damage to the front end of the Model S sedan. Emergency officials at the accident said the fire occurred in the electric vehicle’s lithium-ion battery.

Tesla Grapples With PR Nightmare After Battery Fire In U.S. | Washington Free Beacon

Forum List

Back