GOP Debate Audience Boos U.S. Soldier in Iraq

It is a sign that Americans do not approve of gays in the military. I agree.

It's OK. Those gays, overseas, serving this country in a Republican invasion, putting their lives on the line, don't approve of bigots. That's why your kind should be booted out. Space for bigots in the United States is dwindling.

and what? they should all be like you?:scared1:

It's OK. Those gays, overseas, serving this country in a Republican invasion, putting their lives on the line, don't approve of bigots. That's why your kind should be booted out. Space for bigots in the United States is dwindling.

Well, there aren't any in Iran so maybe there's room there.

*sarcasm off*

I am Roman Catholic. Let me ask you this... The 6th commandment is 'thou shalt not kill' in the KJV of the Bible, correct?

You state that 'You can kill for food and kill in self defense. Any other killing is a sin', correct?

That would mean that killing animals as sacrifices to God, as was commonly done in Biblical times (see Genesis 4:4 & 8:20 for example)... is a sin.

unless you want to add that to your list of 'exceptions'.

I am an Irish Catholic. There are many things in the Bible, especially if you include the old testament. that are inconsistent with today's religious teachings, society's norms and values and civil law.

Doesn't really address what I said.

You said... 'You can kill for food and kill in self defense. Any other killing is a sin'.

I said... 'That would mean that killing animals as sacrifices to God, as was commonly done in Biblical times (see Genesis 4:4 & 8:20 for example)... is a sin'.

Yes, or no?

In any case, the point is that you seem to think that soldiers are nothing more than common murders, because they kill, and killing is a sin (except for the narrow list you mentioned)... all because of the 6th commandment.

Problem there is that the interpretation of that commandment (kill vs. murder) is important in the context of warfare...which, btw, God also allows exceptions for.

So, to equate soldiers with murderers is not only unfair, it is not in keeping with scripture.

You are missing my point. The Bible has enough ambiguity that any group of ideologues can use it as a weapon.

Lame....1-3 people booed, big fucking deal.

That soldier is lucky he doesn't get his ass beaten if he looks at someone the wrong way over there.

The scary part is that Rick Santorum accused the soldier of asking for special privileges and said he would reinstate DADT the whole crowd went wild

It was not just the people who booed.......the whole audience told the soldier to fuck off

They were booing because he was gay, he was in the service and those who were booing, along with Li'l Ricky Santorum, cannot tolerate a gay person.

A narrow minded crowd, a narrow minded candidate and similarly narrow minded partisan hacks trying lamely to spin this occurrence as something not boorish and crude.

How many people booed? Care to hazard a guess?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguDdsmCylU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Santorum answers gay soldier's DADT question - YouTube[/ame]

WOW! Did you hear what I heard??
There was CLAPPING for the question the soldier asked...logic dictates that the clappers supported the soldier's question.
This leads to at least two other thoughts.
1) The audience at the GOP debate was not all GOP.
2) Some GOP DO support repealing DADT.

Anyone?

How many people booed? Care to hazard a guess?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguDdsmCylU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Santorum answers gay soldier's DADT question - YouTube[/ame]

There was CLAPPING for the question the soldier asked...logic dictates that the clappers supported the soldier's question.

Anyone?

No...

I heard complete silence when he completed his question then a very loud boo

There was no support from the audience other than for Santorums despicable statements

Congress has Democrats too, and they authorized action in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Dip-shit

Dip-shit

Some did.....

Most said no

Santorum....

Special privileges?? When have gays in this country ever received special privileges?

Anyone?

60% of Republicans supported the repeal of DADT.

>>>>

Dip-shit

Yes and all but a handfull of the republicans did as well

Seems like the republicans controlled the congress back then.

I am in favor of equal rights for Homosexuals. Period. If they want to serve in the military, I am in favor of that. If they want to adopt children, I am in favor of that. If they want to get MARRIED, I am in favor of that. I find many in the GOP to be extremely hypocritical when it comes to homosexuality.

Still, regardless of the eventual Republican nominee, I would NEVER pull the lever for Obama.....He's a disaster!

Forum List

Back