🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP leaders to skip Selma event

Conservatives blocked the vote. Still do

Use the correct party who did it - Democrats.
You just refuse to see that Democrats were as racist then as they are now.
Who is the party today who refuse to give poor black children the right to chose a better school ? Dems
Why are you deflecting to Democrats/Republicans when he is talking about Conservatives/Liberals?

Why won't you recognize that it was Southern State Dems who had those racist segregation rules?
I'm not concerned with the changing labels of Democrat and Republican.

Stick with the labels that do not change: Conservative and Liberal.

The Majority of the House and Senate were Conservative and Moderate in the 1960's
The Liberals were a small minority. They took over the Democrat party in the early 1970's.
False.

So you only vote for people who promise to give you free shit.....got it.

Here's a question that will silence you...

What 'free shit' are the 70+% of Jewish Americans that vote Democrat voting for? What 'free shit' are the 70+% of Asian-Americans that vote Democrat voting for?

Nothing you could EVER say would silence me son.....never has, never will.

We both know you are over your head here.

But I did. You did not utter a single word relevant to the facts I pointed out.

That, by definition, is silence.

I've been laughing at you since our first exchange kid ;)

November was VERY good for me, you??

Not so much .

I'm in New York. Where do you live, that was so good in November?

The United States.

My side owns both houses...and soon Jake will be bitch slapped because his people are simply going along with Obama;)

It's not divided among the non-racists who are fine with a Black president.

Meaning you'd vote for Condi.
If she was a Liberal? In a heartbeat.

Ahhhh, so it must be the right "kind" of Black, thank you.
No, it must be the right kind of politician. I don't vote for conservatives, who are against my best interests.

Stop acting stupid.

I guess you're not acting.

Meaning you'd vote for Condi.
If she was a Liberal? In a heartbeat.

Ahhhh, so it must be the right "kind" of Black, thank you.
No, it must be the right kind of politician. I don't vote for conservatives, who are against my best interests.

Stop acting stupid.

I guess you're not acting.

Carry on, I am quite content in your lack of intellect.

And if they went these same people would be saying they just went there for a photo OP. The vast majority of the black community decided sometime ago to go all in with the Democratic Party fine that's their right but to do so and then act offended that Republicans don't attend their events is pretty silly.

Better to be seen as going for the photo op (expected of all politicians, so no biggie) than to not go at all and be seen as anti-civil rights/anti-black.

And if they went these same people would be saying they just went there for a photo OP. The vast majority of the black community decided sometime ago to go all in with the Democratic Party fine that's their right but to do so and then act offended that Republicans don't attend their events is pretty silly.

Better to be seen as going for the photo op (expected of all politicians, so no biggie) than to not go at all and be seen as anti-civil rights/anti-black.
Why would they want to be seen as democrats the true anti civil rights party?

Republicans de facto boycotted this 50 year celebration because they believe this is the way to knock down that 90+percent support that Democrats get from black voters.

That is how brilliant the GOP'ers are.

90% of 15% of the population.

Go ahead and keep them.
We will. Along with the 10% of the population that's Gay, and the 20% who are Hispanic.

That's 45% right there. :)

You should be worried, you didn't think that we would get the Senate last time.
Sure I did. It was predictable and very likely that the Red states would rehire Red Senators to replace the Blue Senators who only won due to Obama's huge coattails in his landslide win over McCain.

In Blue states Blue Senators won. Sorry, Scott Brown.

They honestly should have picked a speaker that wasn't as big a racist as obama. The country is more divided now thanks to his divisive bullshit. He's the opposite of MLK.

Obama is a historic president and gave a great speech

Who would you have rather had?

Anyone else would have been better.
President Obama is the one who tried to stop the D.C. school vouchers. He was forced by the people of D.C. who are for them to reinstate the vouchers.
I don't know why a Black President would be so against a better education for the black children of Washington D. C., when his own children go to a better school.
School vouchers do not equal better education, but nice try!

Statistics show that more are staying in High School & graduating and a go on to College.
Nope.

Republicans de facto boycotted this 50 year celebration because they believe this is the way to knock down that 90+percent support that Democrats get from black voters.

Go ahead and keep them.
We will. Along with the 10% of the population that's Gay, and the 20% who are Hispanic.

That's 45% right there. :)

You should be worried, you didn't think that we would get the Senate last time.
Sure I did. It was predictable and very likely that the Red states would rehire Red Senators to replace the Blue Senators who only won due to Obama's huge coattails in his landslide win over McCain.

In Blue states Blue Senators won. Sorry, Scott Brown.

Glad you can freely acknowledge that only Blue States still think blue.

That's why we have 54 Senators.

Since we're talking about party leaders not attending things did people forget no one from the Obama administration attended the rally in France after the terrorist attacks there? If that is to far back then you might recall something more recent none of the Democratic leadership attending Bibi"s speech before Congress. Do you really want to cast stones about who hasn't attended what?

Actually, the U.S. ambassador to France attended at least one rally. But this has nothing to do with Selma, as you well know. And yes no Democrat leaders attended Bibi's speech. That's true. But then, why should they have?

Why would they want to be seen as democrats the true anti civil rights party?

Care to repeat that question in English?

Is this relevant to today? Who cares? Blacks cling to the past and won't let the past go. Blacks can't get past racism. Other groups like South Americans , Asians or Europeans (Italians Irish Poles or whatever) got over this years ago. What is the hang-up, African Americans?

HOj
Use the correct party who did it - Democrats.
You just refuse to see that Democrats were as racist then as they are now.
Who is the party today who refuse to give poor black children the right to chose a better school ? Dems
Why are you deflecting to Democrats/Republicans when he is talking about Conservatives/Liberals?

Why won't you recognize that it was Southern State Dems who had those racist segregation rules?

The Majority of the House and Senate were Conservative and Moderate in the 1960's
The Liberals were a small minority. They took over the Democrat party in the early 1970's.

Oh really? So the overwhelming support for the passage of Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty was an exercise in sensible Centrism?

The passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act were example of commonsense Moderate politics?

lol, if you had a brain you'd at least attempt to think before you posted.

Yes they worked together.
House - Dems 153 of 244 - 63% voted for it.
Repubs - 136 of 171 - 80% voted for it.
Senate - Dems 46 of 67- 69% voted for it.
Repubs - 27 of 33- 82% voted for it.
Johnson wanted his war on poverty passed before the Civil Rights act.

Is this relevant to today? Who cares? Blacks cling to the past and won't let the past go. Blacks can't get past racism. Other groups like South Americans , Asians or Europeans (Italians Irish Poles or whatever) got over this years ago. What is the hang-up, African Americans?

HOj

Oh really? So the overwhelming support for the passage of Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty was an exercise in sensible Centrism?

The passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act were example of commonsense Moderate politics?

lol, if you had a brain you'd at least attempt to think before you posted.

Yes they worked together.
House - Dems 153 of 244 - 63% voted for it.
Repubs - 136 of 171 - 80% voted for it.
Senate - Dems 46 of 67- 69% voted for it.
Repubs - 27 of 33- 82% voted for it.
Johnson wanted his war on poverty passed before the Civil Rights act.

Carb is just a hate filled black chile.....and a troll.

Please don't feed him

300+ posts in and NO ONE can make any semblance of a decent argument for why the Republican should make such a clearly conscious decision to boycott this event?

Name one meritorious justification for such a boycott.
Fox News covered it live. MSNBC has not yet shown a blip of it. Also, Dubya Bush was there on the stage with Obama.. Not much of a conservative boycott from where I'm sitting..
I watched it on MSNBC.
To quote Joe Wilson [R], You lie!

Last edited:
They honestly should have picked a speaker that wasn't as big a racist as obama. The country is more divided now thanks to his divisive bullshit. He's the opposite of MLK.

Obama is a historic president and gave a great speech

Who would you have rather had?

Anyone else would have been better.
President Obama is the one who tried to stop the D.C. school vouchers. He was forced by the people of D.C. who are for them to reinstate the vouchers.
I don't know why a Black President would be so against a better education for the black children of Washington D. C., when his own children go to a better school.
School vouchers do not equal better education, but nice try!

Statistics show that more are staying in High School & graduating and a go on to College.
Nope.

Do some research because it is.

Go ahead and keep them.

You should be arguing with your RWnut pals who keep insisting that this year is the year that magically black America votes GOP.

Oh and btw, since you're not an American, what the fuck business is it of yours?

So um......if I'm not "American" what am I?
You're Roo, Queen of the Trailer Park.

(smile) Rage on little boy ;)

November was hard for you, I know.
Why would November upset me? Harry Reid is effectively still in control of the Senate, and Nancy Pelosi is stronger now than anytime since giving up the gavel. This is going to be 2 years of stalemates, then a wave election for Democrats, this time on Hillary's coattails.

...and in the meantime, Obama will keep issuing Executive Orders. Life is good!

Go ahead and keep them.

You should be arguing with your RWnut pals who keep insisting that this year is the year that magically black America votes GOP.

Oh and btw, since you're not an American, what the fuck business is it of yours?

So um......if I'm not "American" what am I?
You're Roo, Queen of the Trailer Park.

(smile) Rage on little boy ;)

November was hard for you, I know.
Why would November upset me? Harry Reid is effectively still in control of the Senate, and Nancy Pelosi is stronger now than anytime since giving up the gavel. This is going to be 2 years of stalemates, then a wave election for Democrats, this time on Hillary's coattails.

...and in the meantime, Obama will keep issuing Executive Orders. Life is good!

At least you admit that your side detests the Constitution ;)

Forum List

Back