🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP revives rule allowing $1 salaries for government employees

Setting salaries at $1 is a backdoor way to eliminate agencies for political reasons

Want to work in the Dept of Energy?
pay is $1
We should end the drug war first. The department of energy promotes the general welfare.
We,should win the war on drugs....and at the same time, kill the DOE....it's not rocket science....
Only in right wing fantasy. Prohibition has Never worked, in the whole and entire history of our Republic.
It works well in Singapore. The Philippines is fighting successfully. What doesn't work are toothless laws.

No, labor was overpriced,many the company was crushed by it despite managements best efforts...
Forget the $1 rule for politicians. How about every other year instead of the CEO getting the bonus the workers get it. Or split the profits 50% to executives 50% to workers. another $20 million they give employees the bonus?
why? What are you saying the workers have done to deserve that?
Employed a work ethic from the Age of Iron?
That they are compensated for....what extra are they adding to warrant more value?
My brother is compensated different than you and I. Why don't all workers get a year severance when they are leg go?

Do you get vacation and sick days? Would you be OK if the next generation stopped getting those? Of course you would. You're for the workers. Lol.
I get what I negotiate on my own.....why don't you? You're not good at it?

My brother is just one VP in one fortune 500 company. He makes over $500k (I think) and if they let him go they have to pay him a years pay. Me and him have had arguments he gets very mad if I say he makes too much but the truth is he does. Why? Because he and all the other execs pay has gone up 1000 times since the 70s and workers have stayed behind. We haven't got a raise. You may have and I may have but the American people have not.

You trumpsters suggest the American workers are about to get a bigly raise.

Now you're back to sounding like real Republicans. Admit you conned trumps blue collar base. Their taxes are going to go up, their going to lose social security at 65. I told the trumpsters all their going to get from repubs is advise
Would a previous republican administration have gotten elected, if they had told the People their fuel prices would be increasing?
Why is Obama raising them? To punish the people?
He isn't. Conflict in the Middle East increases market risk.
Like I said....
we paid over one hundred percent inflation on fuel due to our actual invasion of the Middle East. The right wing said nothing; because it was all about guns and warfare.
like i said....

Unemployment about to go up to 20%.....You think your pay isn't going to go down? PFT!

GOP revives rule allowing $1 salaries for government employees
the reported unemployment numbers might go to 20%, but the number of unemployed wont be going up.
Whats going to happen is now that king barry is out of office, those that do the reporting will use the real numbers on unemployment instead of the cover up numbers they have been using. The reason for this is that so history will show that barry kept people working but as soon as republicans came in, people lost their jobs the next day.
Who's about to lose their jobs? Government workers I suspect?
who said anyone was going to lose their jobs?
If Republicans do what they say they are going to shrink government agencies. Bigly. Are they not?

It's one of the things I'd like to see actually happen. Cut government in half and actually get serious about the debt
Big league....
Right! Trump might tackle the big obvious things. The debt? If he took on the debt I will love him!

Setting salaries at $1 is a backdoor way to eliminate agencies for political reasons

pay is $1
We should end the drug war first. The department of energy promotes the general welfare.
We,should win the war on drugs....and at the same time, kill the DOE....it's not rocket science....
Only in right wing fantasy. Prohibition has Never worked, in the whole and entire history of our Republic.
No, your prohibition never has....
Do you have a time-line for actually winning our war on drugs or do we just keep waging war on drugs, for fun and practice, even at an exorbitantly expensive cost?

the reported unemployment numbers might go to 20%, but the number of unemployed wont be going up.
Whats going to happen is now that king barry is out of office, those that do the reporting will use the real numbers on unemployment instead of the cover up numbers they have been using. The reason for this is that so history will show that barry kept people working but as soon as republicans came in, people lost their jobs the next day.
If Republicans do what they say they are going to shrink government agencies. Bigly. Are they not?

It's one of the things I'd like to see actually happen. Cut government in half and actually get serious about the debt
Big league....
Right! Trump might tackle the big obvious things. The debt? If he took on the debt I will love him!
taking on the debt is going to piss a whole bunch of people off. There is no way to fix it without cutting social programs. Which, I would not have any problem with at all.

pay is $1
Still if we cut the payroll in half would we survive?

Each year cut one agency. Don't cut them all at once. Or cut them all an equal share little by little. They'll figure it out
only lousy management does that under any form of Capitalism. we have a printing press at an official Mint; all it takes is enough Faith in Capitalism, to make money. Only the nationally and socially fantastical, right wing, never gets it.
You LWNJ fascists never seem to get it....
nothing continuance, diversion, and other forms of fallacies?

only lousy management does that under any form of Capitalism. we have a printing press at an official Mint; all it takes is enough Faith in Capitalism, to make money. Only the nationally and socially fantastical, right wing, never gets it.

Would a previous republican administration have gotten elected, if they had told the People their fuel prices would be increasing?
Like I said....
we paid over one hundred percent inflation on fuel due to our actual invasion of the Middle East. The right wing said nothing; because it was all about guns and warfare.
like i said....
why does the right wing whine about price inflation for doubling the minimum wage?

pay is $1

Each year cut one agency. Don't cut them all at once. Or cut them all an equal share little by little. They'll figure it out

Like I said....
like i said....
why does the right wing whine about price inflation for doubling the minimum wage?
It causes unemployment....

Big league....
taking on the debt is going to piss a whole bunch of people off. There is no way to fix it without cutting social programs. Which, I would not have any problem with at all.
Only lousy capitalists say that. Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity.

nothing but right wing fantasy; i got it.

Big league....
Only lousy capitalists say that. Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity.
That's not why he doubled wages....you best check your ignorance before debating....

Forget the $1 rule for politicians. How about every other year instead of the CEO getting the bonus the workers get it. Or split the profits 50% to executives 50% to workers. another $20 million they give employees the bonus?
why? What are you saying the workers have done to deserve that?
Employed a work ethic from the Age of Iron?
That they are compensated for....what extra are they adding to warrant more value?
My brother is compensated different than you and I. Why don't all workers get a year severance when they are leg go?

Do you get vacation and sick days? Would you be OK if the next generation stopped getting those? Of course you would. You're for the workers. Lol.
I get what I negotiate on my own.....why don't you? You're not good at it?
No I do it the exact same way you do. I fell into a good industry and I happened to get an interview with a good company.

Lots and lots of bad companies out there especially for salespeople leading up to or being in or after a recession. The bush years were not good for Michigan but we're back. Thanks Obama. Now trump don't fuck it up. Lower my taxes.

So far this year Republicans raised gas tax and vehicle registration fees. Not a good start for Republicans.

Like I said....
like i said....
It causes unemployment....
unemployment compensation on an at-will basis solves that problem

Good Capitalists don't have capital problems under our form of Capitalism; with recourse to an official Mint. Good capitalists Only have Good capital solutions not lousy social problems.

HOLY SMOKES! :eek: you love Russia eh? Well start your course on how to speak the language, cuz it's coming here... :eek::eek:

“This is a big rule change inside there, that allows people to get at places they hadn’t before,” he told reporters.

The new rule follows requests by the Trump transition team for lists of the names of employees involved in specific programs, such as Energy Department scientists who have worked on climate change.
It is a scheme by Republicans to starve the beast

Federal agencies they disapprove of will see their pay scales minimized to the point where they can't hire workers

Then Republicans will declare the agency ineffective and worthy of dissolution
Rightwinger, the Trump transition team asked for the NAMES of the employees in the energy department AND for this rule of $1 salary to be instituted.

they were both part of the same transaction.

they asked for NAMES of just every day career employees....

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT, for what purpose would a scientist's name do them?

they are not seeking the reduction in salary simply to eliminate a JOB POSITION that they see as fruitless,

It's to remove a PERSON with a NAME, who they think may differ with their predetermined view, or simply for their political party affiliation or voting record.

Sure, this may be in the guise of saving money, and back doors to getting rid of departments the R's can't get rid of without a vote of ALL of our representatives that are suppose to represent us citizens.....

BUT, it is MORE than THAT, when you are talking about the Trump team asking for this rule reinstatement AND the NAMES of career employees in a specific department....at the same time.

Big league....
henry raised wages because he felt that his employees should be able to afford the product they were building.

Big league....
That's not why he doubled wages....you best check your ignorance before debating....
Yes, he invented the efficiency wage to realize gains from efficiency, not a hard work ethic from the Age of Iron.

Big league....
henry raised wages because he felt that his employees should be able to afford the product they were building.
Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity. and his labor force was more able to purchase the products they were making.

pay is $1

I won't be so set in my ways that I would be opposed to slowly downsizing every government agency.

How many people work for the department of energy. Let's say it's 5000. Over 4 years cut it to 2500.

Forum List

Back