🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP revives rule allowing $1 salaries for government employees

If Republicans do what they say they are going to shrink government agencies. Bigly. Are they not?

It's one of the things I'd like to see actually happen. Cut government in half and actually get serious about the debt
Big league....
Right! Trump might tackle the big obvious things. The debt? If he took on the debt I will love him!
taking on the debt is going to piss a whole bunch of people off. There is no way to fix it without cutting social programs. Which, I would not have any problem with at all.
If Republicans were concerned with cutting debt, they would not be slashing tax rates
and if democrats were concerned with cutting debt they would not be implimenting things like the ACA or refusing to stop the flow of illegal leaches from South America, or increasing payments to the welfare crowd, or giving so much in foreign aid. They would instead be cutting all of these give away programs that bring no return at all.
ACA was revenue neutral as determined by CBO

Why don't Republicans ever cut spending BEFORE you consider a tax cut?

If Republicans do what they say they are going to shrink government agencies. Bigly. Are they not?

It's one of the things I'd like to see actually happen. Cut government in half and actually get serious about the debt
Big league....
Right! Trump might tackle the big obvious things. The debt? If he took on the debt I will love him!
taking on the debt is going to piss a whole bunch of people off. There is no way to fix it without cutting social programs. Which, I would not have any problem with at all.
If Republicans were concerned with cutting debt, they would not be slashing tax rates
and if democrats were concerned with cutting debt they would not be implimenting things like the ACA or refusing to stop the flow of illegal leaches from South America, or increasing payments to the welfare crowd, or giving so much in foreign aid. They would instead be cutting all of these give away programs that bring no return at all.
some on the left are trying to end the drug war; does that count?

End the war on drugs. Some of the most productive workers, executives I ever worked with in my younger years were alcohol abusers and pot smokers. The bosses knew it but were not going to upset the money cart. Some were high while making sales. The money spent fighting it is like flushing it down the toilet. Legislating morality in regards to drugs and alcohol is a fail.
You can size a person up after a couple interviews. And being at will take a chance. If they drive drug test them but not an inside salesperson

Still if we cut the payroll in half would we survive?

Each year cut one agency. Don't cut them all at once. Or cut them all an equal share little by little. They'll figure it out
only lousy management does that under any form of Capitalism. we have a printing press at an official Mint; all it takes is enough Faith in Capitalism, to make money. Only the nationally and socially fantastical, right wing, never gets it.
You LWNJ fascists never seem to get it....
I won't be so set in my ways that I would be opposed to slowly downsizing every government agency.

How many people work for the department of energy. Let's say it's 5000. Over 4 years cut it to 2500.
Millions of jobs would be created if we cut it to zero....
why is there so much poverty in the third world, where it is zero?
Link to industrialized third world country?

Big league....
We want it won...so...pardon us, but get the fuck out of our way....thanks....

Only lousy capitalists say that. Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity.
henry raised wages because he felt that his employees should be able to afford the product they were building.
Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity. and his labor force was more able to purchase the products they were making.
Today Walmart pays below poverty wages so employees qualify for foodstamps that they spend at Walmart.
There is not such thing as a poverty wage....that's LWNJ fascist propaganda....so....
we have poverty guidelines, not a free market economy.

Big league....
That's why we are slashing tax rates....idiot liberal....
spend and finance is all the fantastical right wing, knows how to do.
We call it opportunity for all....and yes, that includes those on your democrat plantation.....

Only lousy capitalists say that. Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity.
henry raised wages because he felt that his employees should be able to afford the product they were building.
Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity. and his labor force was more able to purchase the products they were making.
Today Walmart pays below poverty wages so employees qualify for foodstamps that they spend at Walmart.
There is not such thing as a poverty wage....that's LWNJ fascist propaganda....so....
we have poverty guidelines, not a free market economy.
There is no such thing as a poverty wage.....

There are a hell of a lot of Americans not working; about 95 million of them. It's been all over the internet so I don't know how anyone could be surprised.
Actually, it's more like 171 million people in the U.S. not working. (total population in December of 324,212,649. Minus 151,798,000 employed and another million military in the U.S.)

The problem with unemployment statistics is that the picture looks either good or bad depending on how you count the unemployed. The 5% figure includes those who are actively seeking employment; however it does not include those who have become discouraged and quit looking for work.
It also excludes children, prisoners, those in institutions, people who don't want or can't work or just aren't trying.

So, we have 171 million not working. Now if you want to limit it to those 16 and older who are not in prison or an institution (nursing home, mental institute etc.), that takes us down to 102,944,000 not working.

But not everyone wants to or is able to work. So eliminating those who say they either don't want to work or are too disabled to work at all, we have 12,619,000 people who want to work but aren't.

But you can't get a job if you don't TRY to get a job, can you? Not everyone who says they want a job is doing anything about it and therefore are not available. Of that 12,619,000 who want to work, 3,206,000 did not do one single thing to find work from December 2015 to 2016. Nothing at all. So I think we can say that the fact that they are not working does NOT tell us anything about the current job market.

Down to 9,413,000 people who looked for work sometime between December 2015 and December 2016. Wait....559,000 say that even if they had been offered a job in December, they would not have been able to start work then. So again, that they aren't working doesn't tell us anything about the job market.

Ok, down to 8,854,000 people willing, able, and looked for work sometime since December 2015. That gives us an unemployment rate of 5.5% (known as the U-5 measure of underutilization).

But not all of those people were looking in December itself. So if we want to look at monthly changes and see what things were like specifically in December, That's 7,170,000 who actually looked for work in December. Oh, but you're saying those not looking in December who say they stopped looking due to discouragement are "just as unemployed." There are 426,000 of them.

But why do you think they are "just as unemployed" when they could not be hired even if there were available jobs because they're not doing anything about work? And why are they just as unemployed, but those who also want and could work but are not longer looking for personal reasons are not just as unemployed?

I say that those not trying to work are as unavailable as those who do not want or are unable to work.

The unemployment figures also do not show how many are underemployed.
Why should they? People who have jobs, even shitty jobs, are still employed.

I really hope this is a fake news article.

GOP wants us to be a 3rd world country. It is very obvious now. They want us living in slums so they can control the people.

No other 1st world nation treats its people like this.

If we outlaw drugs because of their health effects then heck outlaw fast food because frankly we all know its toxic.

Let's see what Republicans do that add to the debt. We gave poor people insurance you'll give the money to defense contractors. They didn't show up to vote for free insurance so fuck it. Take it away

Republicans constituents (corporations) are who lured illegals in. Illegal employers. Let's see what you do. Let's see you cut the flow of Muslims. Hope you do
Nothing is free....that's your fatal flaw as a LWNJ....
You are right. In order to get nationalized healthcare all the masses had to do was show up and vote every two years. They didn't so take it away please. Fuck them that's all they had to do was vote. Idiots! I wanted socialized medicine I admit. Everyone else has it. Take it off our employers plate so they can compete with corporations in other countries who don't have to pay healthcare for their employees

Let's see what Republicans do that add to the debt. We gave poor people insurance you'll give the money to defense contractors. They didn't show up to vote for free insurance so fuck it. Take it away

Republicans constituents (corporations) are who lured illegals in. Illegal employers. Let's see what you do. Let's see you cut the flow of Muslims. Hope you do
You are right. In order to get nationalized healthcare all the masses had to do was show up and vote every two years. They didn't so take it away please. Fuck them that's all they had to do was vote. Idiots! I wanted socialized medicine I admit. Everyone else has it. Take it off our employers plate so they can compete with corporations in other countries who don't have to pay healthcare for their employees
Hopefully the rest of the uncivilized world will catch up to us and we can stop democrats from dragging us backwards...

Big league....
ACA was revenue neutral as determined by CBO

Why don't Republicans ever cut spending BEFORE you consider a tax cut?
ACA was revenue neutrual because it passed all of its costs on to the taxpayer directly, it is not revenue neutral when it comes to the people that actually pay the bills.
Not that I would expect a member of the non producers party to understand such things.

And where the hell is the money supposed to come from to pay for this healthcare that is going to be provided for free to those that dont contribute and add no value to our society?
the higher your subsidy, the more worthless you are in the community.

Its conservatives who want to outlaw things like pot, yet they say they believe in freedom....irony

Talk about dragging us backwards....drugs make workers less productive so they should be outlawed....false

only lousy management does that under any form of Capitalism. we have a printing press at an official Mint; all it takes is enough Faith in Capitalism, to make money. Only the nationally and socially fantastical, right wing, never gets it.
You LWNJ fascists never seem to get it....
I won't be so set in my ways that I would be opposed to slowly downsizing every government agency.

How many people work for the department of energy. Let's say it's 5000. Over 4 years cut it to 2500.
Millions of jobs would be created if we cut it to zero....
why is there so much poverty in the third world, where it is zero?
Link to industrialized third world country?
just clueless and Causeless. i got it. the third world is third world, due to a lack of our social regulations and cost.

We want it won...so...pardon us, but get the fuck out of our way....thanks....
it can Only be won in right wing fantasy.

Forum List

Back