Got a real serious question for white folk....honestly

Race relations were not good because of the race baiters such as Jackson and Sharpton. The problem with Obama is that he is the first clean, articulate black man to come around. WE thought he would make things better. WE thought he had the best chance of anyone considering he grew up "white." We thought that the election of a black president would ease race relations but exactly the opposite has happened. As it is always with liberals.

Let me get this straight, 200 plus years of racism in this year and counting, you thought that the first black president would somehow fix it? And you can say that with a straight face? Gotcha!!
To borrow a line from Hillary Clinton... "What does it matter?"

Blacks (12%) have been surpassed by Latinos (16%, and growing) as the dominant Minority in this country.

Blacks have had the limelight for 150 years (1865-2015), and we're now at the 51-year mark since the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and a half-century of Affirmative Action, hiring and college-entrance quotas, and easy access to supportive social service programming, etc, etc, etc.

Enough, already.

Time to start shifting the national conversation on civil rights and social services, to the needs of Latinos, and away from Blacks, who no longer enjoy the numerical advantage that formerly merited their dominance in such discussions.

Fun-time's over, kiddies... you've run your course... time to stand or fall on your own merits.

Time for somebody else to get a shot at dominating the nation's attention, in matters pertaining to minorities.

The reason that Barack Obama is being held to a higher standard than other Presidents before him is that one of the things he ran on was his ability to be the first "post racial" President...the one who was going to be able to move beyond partisan racial politics and bring the country together. On that note, Tiger...he's failed in rather epic fashion. Barry has a knack for saying things that inflame racial tension. It seems like he can't help himself.

As a black man living in america......Barry can not, must not remain silent on issues that have hit the news....sorry.

Half-black, half-white.

Race relations were not good because of the race baiters such as Jackson and Sharpton. The problem with Obama is that he is the first clean, articulate black man to come around. WE thought he would make things better. WE thought he had the best chance of anyone considering he grew up "white." We thought that the election of a black president would ease race relations but exactly the opposite has happened. As it is always with liberals.

Let me get this straight, 200 plus years of racism in this year and counting, you thought that the first black president would somehow fix it? And you can say that with a straight face? Gotcha!!

Blacks (12%) have been surpassed by Latinos (16%, and growing) as the dominant Minority in this country.

Blacks have had the limelight for 150 years (1865-2015), and we're now at the 51-year mark since the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and a half-century of Affirmative Action, hiring and college-entrance quotas, and easy access to supportive social service programming, etc, etc, etc.

Enough, already.

Time to start shifting the national conversation on civil rights and social services, to the needs of Latinos, and away from Blacks, who no longer enjoy the numerical advantage that formerly merited their dominance in such discussions.

Fun-time's over, kiddies... you've run your course... time to stand or fall on your own merits.

Time for somebody else to get a shot at dominating the nation's attention, in matters pertaining to minorities.

When did Hillary Clinton say "What does it matter?

Enough, already.

Does it matter?

The attribution exists, and has taken-on the proportions of Urban Legend.

Did she not say that, or words to that effect, in connection with the Benghazi tangle?

Hell... I thought she did... so do a great many other folks, who also are operating under the impression that she said those words, in that context.

And, if not, what does it matter?

The urban-legend -caliber attribution is there, and it isn't going away.

Anything to twit Her Majesty before we make the mistake of crowning her.

Hope that helps.

Next slide, please.

Enough, already.

Does it matter?

Did she not say that, or words to that effect, in connection with the Benghazi tangle?

Hell... I thought she did... so do a great many other folks, who also are operating under the impression that she said those words, in that context.

Hope that helps.

Next slide, please.

Silly nutters. Fail to get things right or put things in context and then just say "it doesn't matter". Such laziness and lack of character.

None of you cowards will say what you think. You idiots think he needed to teach the ******* how to behave so we could have racial harmony. That's what you mean when you say he missed on his "teachable moment".

Even you think it sounds ridiculous....so you can't bring yourself to say it.

Good grief, you are one stupid idiot. Stop projecting your nastiness onto me. You think of black people as *******? You fucking racist.

Typical leftist, gets an answer they don't like so they project their bullshit onto someone else and expect people to argue from that. Fuck off.

obama was the perfect candidate to help foster better racial relations in this country, and face it those relations we're talking about are between blacks and whites ... THAT was the teachable moment, for ANYONE - black or white - who was inclined to be paying attention. obama is biracial, black and white, he had a unique opportunity and situation to ease racial tension. He failed to do so (and no, no one is saying they thought he was going to fix everything so stop with that bullshit), racial relations are worse now than when he took office.

That you're too stupid to even understand any of this is not surprising ... seeing as you're a moron.

How? How could he have eased racial tensions? How could he have helped foster better racial relations in this country?

What should he have done that he did not do?

Specifics, please.

Step 1. Don't use the Race Card.

Step 2. Don't let his partisans use the Race Card in his defense.

That alone would have been a huge step forward.

You fuckers are failing at this question. I asked what he should have done. What could he have done. Who did he need to teach?

Spit it out.

I just told you my opinion on that.

The reason that Barack Obama is being held to a higher standard than other Presidents before him is that one of the things he ran on was his ability to be the first "post racial" President...the one who was going to be able to move beyond partisan racial politics and bring the country together. On that note, Tiger...he's failed in rather epic fashion. Barry has a knack for saying things that inflame racial tension. It seems like he can't help himself.
So, as long as he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't get all uppity, things are great, right? It's when he tells us that even a future president has to run a racial gauntlet that things fall apart? Is it just that you can't handle a viewpoint that doesn't match what you see through your rose colored glasses?

Weighing in on sensitive racial issues prematurely isn't getting "uppity", Older...it's simply a case of not understanding what a President should or shouldn't be doing. Barack Obama ran for office promising to be the first post racial President but then failed to live up to that promise. That isn't my seeing things through "rose colored glasses"...that's me seeing things for what they were INSTEAD of seeing them through rose colored glasses!
Oh? It's premature... 150 years of oppression and it's just too soon to actually be honest?

And if a president can't bring one of the country's biggest social problems out into the light for discussion, who should?

Yes - you're seeing things the way they WERE... we never elected them, we simply found a nice tree. Those were the days, huh?

He wasn't "bringing it out into the light for discussion".

He was racebaiting along with the rest of the libs/dems.
You'll have to define what you really mean when you use the term "racebaiting". I watched the speeches, I found no disparate remarks against any ethnic group. I heard information related to me as seen through the eyes of someone who has a different life experience from mine, but I heard nothing I haven't seen with my own eyes. It would seem to me that to white people, the term "racebaiting" means a black person who has the balls to stand up and say "yes, we're treated differently from whites". Maybe, "racebaiting" is just a shorthand version of "shut up, I don't want to hear it?"

First time I caught it was when he falsely accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

That's was racebaiting.

That was not "standing up and saying yes we are treated differently from whites".

That was complete bullshit.

That was him lying to his base(s) of blacks and libs to get them fired up. That was him lying to the moderates trying to smear McCain with being a racist.

That at this late date you can be pretend to be unaware that this goes on, shows that you have been putting YOUR hands over yours ears because you don't want to hear it.

None of you cowards will say what you think. You idiots think he needed to teach the ******* how to behave so we could have racial harmony. That's what you mean when you say he missed on his "teachable moment".

Even you think it sounds ridiculous....so you can't bring yourself to say it.

Good grief, you are one stupid idiot. Stop projecting your nastiness onto me. You think of black people as *******? You fucking racist.

Typical leftist, gets an answer they don't like so they project their bullshit onto someone else and expect people to argue from that. Fuck off.

obama was the perfect candidate to help foster better racial relations in this country, and face it those relations we're talking about are between blacks and whites ... THAT was the teachable moment, for ANYONE - black or white - who was inclined to be paying attention. obama is biracial, black and white, he had a unique opportunity and situation to ease racial tension. He failed to do so (and no, no one is saying they thought he was going to fix everything so stop with that bullshit), racial relations are worse now than when he took office.

That you're too stupid to even understand any of this is not surprising ... seeing as you're a moron.

How? How could he have eased racial tensions? How could he have helped foster better racial relations in this country?

Specifics, please.

You fuckers are failing at this question. I asked what he should have done. What could he have done. Who did he need to teach?

Spit it out.

No...please tell me what he should have done that he did not do.

You and the race card. Such laziness.

Specifics, please.

Spit it out.

Fine, as above, he should NOT have accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

When his partisans accuse those who criticize him as racist, he should point out that they criticized Clinton the same way and that he doesn't need special treatment.

Denying the president is one's president is denial, not dissent. Like him or not, he is the president of every U.S. citizen.
Not recognizing ones authority as president is classified as dissent. Just like the founders did not recognize themselves as subjects of King George. They dissented.
Complete idiocy. Criticizing Obama would be dissent. Pretending like he's not the president is denial.
Not recognizing his authority is dissent. In fact, it is a basis of dissent. Only a complete idiot and faggot would support president gayblackman.
Your response reveals far more about you than I suspect you intended.
OMG I made a racist and homophobic remark. Go cry in the corner you baby. Mommy will come to pick you up soon.
Why would I cry because you're a bigot?

Enough, already.

Does it matter?

Hope that helps.

Next slide, please.

Silly nutters. Fail to get things right or put things in context and then just say "it doesn't matter". Such laziness and lack of character.
Calm yourself, and settle down, Sparky. Somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning?

I didn't say, "un-American." I said not American. And I've already explained it. Like him or not, the president is the president of all Americans. If he not your president then you must not be American. As far as the examples you cite .... again, denial is not dissent. It's denial. If someone was against the Vietnam war, they were protesting it. If they denied it existed, they were in denial.
LOL. You're really butt hurt over this. Face it. Obama is a failure. Nor should have ever been anyone's Preseident.
Nah, idiot righties amuse me. Not butthurt at all. And if Obama's a failure, what does that say about Reagan? The unemployment rate is lower now than at this point in his presidency.

You might want to check your numbers on that, Faun...six years in Reagan had unemployment down around 5.3 percent which is slightly lower than the 5.4 rate we're at now. More important however is how Reagan arrived at that number. He didn't use six years of Quantitative Easing by the Fed to artificially stimulate jobs or spend trillions in stimulus money to achieve his numbers. Inflation is now a looming problem BECAUSE of the way that we've attacked unemployment and every time a Fed Chief hints at raising interest rates Wall Street starts to crater. What happens if we have another financial crisis? How do you lower interest rates when they are already almost at zero?
Ask me if I'm surprised to see you fuck that up as badly as you did...

April, 2015: 5.4%
April, 1987: 6.3%

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

How the fuck did you think it was 5.3%?

I was adjusting to take into account the 1994 changes in how unemployment was figured. Before that time you were counted as unemployed if you were unemployed and looking for work. After 1994 you were dropped from the count once you had been unemployed for more than 52 weeks. If Reagan's numbers were counted in the same manner as Obama's were, he would have had a lower percentage of unemployment than Barry. That also fails to take into account the large number of part time jobs that have been created under this administration compared to the much smaller number of part time jobs under Reagan.

Let me guess...you didn't have a clue they changed how the numbers were arrived at...did you?
So you're making up your own numbers??

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Must be nice to not have to deal with reality. :dunno:

Oh, and did you also account for the changes in age ranges that took effect in 1994 which increased the unemployment rate? Let's see the math you used to come up with the number you made up?

Specifics, please.

Spit it out.

Fine, as above, he should NOT have accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

When his partisans accuse those who criticize him as racist, he should point out that they criticized Clinton the same way and that he doesn't need special treatment.

I'm not asking you what he shouldn't have done...especially when your example is from before he became POTUS.

I criticize him all the time. I'm not racist.

What SHOULD HE DO?

Not recognizing ones authority as president is classified as dissent. Just like the founders did not recognize themselves as subjects of King George. They dissented.
Complete idiocy. Criticizing Obama would be dissent. Pretending like he's not the president is denial.
Not recognizing his authority is dissent. In fact, it is a basis of dissent. Only a complete idiot and faggot would support president gayblackman.
OMG I made a racist and homophobic remark. Go cry in the corner you baby. Mommy will come to pick you up soon.
OMG I am a bigot. Better go report me to the teacher.

Why would I do that?

Why would I do that?
You tell me. You're the pussy that is flustered by mean words.

So, as long as he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't get all uppity, things are great, right? It's when he tells us that even a future president has to run a racial gauntlet that things fall apart? Is it just that you can't handle a viewpoint that doesn't match what you see through your rose colored glasses?

Weighing in on sensitive racial issues prematurely isn't getting "uppity", Older...it's simply a case of not understanding what a President should or shouldn't be doing. Barack Obama ran for office promising to be the first post racial President but then failed to live up to that promise. That isn't my seeing things through "rose colored glasses"...that's me seeing things for what they were INSTEAD of seeing them through rose colored glasses!
Oh? It's premature... 150 years of oppression and it's just too soon to actually be honest?

And if a president can't bring one of the country's biggest social problems out into the light for discussion, who should?

Yes - you're seeing things the way they WERE... we never elected them, we simply found a nice tree. Those were the days, huh?

He wasn't "bringing it out into the light for discussion".

He was racebaiting along with the rest of the libs/dems.
You'll have to define what you really mean when you use the term "racebaiting". I watched the speeches, I found no disparate remarks against any ethnic group. I heard information related to me as seen through the eyes of someone who has a different life experience from mine, but I heard nothing I haven't seen with my own eyes. It would seem to me that to white people, the term "racebaiting" means a black person who has the balls to stand up and say "yes, we're treated differently from whites". Maybe, "racebaiting" is just a shorthand version of "shut up, I don't want to hear it?"

First time I caught it was when he falsely accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

That's was racebaiting.

That was not "standing up and saying yes we are treated differently from whites".

That was complete bullshit.

That was him lying to his base(s) of blacks and libs to get them fired up. That was him lying to the moderates trying to smear McCain with being a racist.

That at this late date you can be pretend to be unaware that this goes on, shows that you have been putting YOUR hands over yours ears because you don't want to hear it.
Apparently you were sleeping through most of that campaign. Let me refresh your memory of how McCain was being "smeared". Notice at the end who paid for the ad. I like this video, because it also contrasts Obama's response. This one was kind of subtle. Is this what you meant by "racebaiting"?

BTW - when Obama said ANYTHING directly about racial relations, he did it in his capacity as POTUS and not as a campaign tactic. In his 2008 campaign, he never said the word "black" or "African American" even once. Moreover, he said it at a time when "firing up his base" would mean the least.

As a black man living in america......Barry can not, must not remain silent on issues that have hit the news....sorry.

Has Obama spoken to the white gang shootings in Waco? If not, why not? White lives matter........

Has Obama spoken to the white gang shootings in Waco? If not, why not? White lives matter........
Has he ever spoken to gang violence in general? Stupid false equivalence.

If he was just a black man living in America then he would have every right to say whatever he wanted to about whatever he wanted to! He's not though, Tiger...he's the President of the United States...and the words that come out of his mouth can make situations better or they can make them worse. As a constitutional scholar he should KNOW that but like I said before...it's like he can't help himself.

Forum List

Back