Gun owner stops violent beating....at store where anti gunners have tried to ban guns...

Here is an article on the gun violence in Wisconsin....and again...Miwaukee has a democrat mayor.......who under staffs their police......

Sheriff shreds anti-gun mayor s excuse for crime spree

Putting the problem in context

Milwaukee is among the 20 most violent cities in the country. By far, the largest number of homicides in Milwaukee occurs in one zip code, 53206.

A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study says, “The 53206 Zip Code neighborhood serves as a bellwether for poverty changes in Milwaukee and nationally.”

Clarke said poverty is a risk factor that contributes to crime, but poverty itself does not cause crime.

“When you have those risk factors, the underclass is going to grow. So Mayor Barrett has not come up with a way to reduce the size of the underclass,” he said. “If you do, you’re going to have lower crime. Fewer numbers of them, fewer instances of crime.”

In fact, the city’s murder rate, while up from last year, is down substantially from the 1990s. The city had 155 murders in 1990 and reached a peak of 163 in 1991 before falling 25 percent to 122 by 1997, according to the Wisconsin Office of Justice Assistance.

For most of the 2000s, the city has averaged about 90 killings per year.

“Victims of homicide in Milwaukee were more likely to be young, black and male,” the reported stated. “The victimization rate for blacks has increased steadily over the last seven years. In 1990, a black person was more than 10 times as likely to be a victim of a homicide as a white person.”

How to explain a broader drop in homicides?

So the data would appear to support Clarke’s thesis that the cause of any recent blip in violent crime is more complex than the availability of guns.

“If you look at the data, over the years violent crime has fallen, and there are more guns on the street. But nobody ever asks Chief Flynn why there has been an increase in guns while the number of homicides went down; why is that?” Clarke asked. “You won’t see that question asked, because the media here are willing accomplices in perpetrating that myth that guns cause violence.”
There have been 43 murders so far this year, more than double the number of killings reported for the same period a year ago.

Concealed carry lowers violent crime does it?

Yes...actual studies show it......and if you read the article...the crime rate in Milwaukee is down from it's high....and since this democrat controlled city is a big crime stat driver controlling crime in MIlwaukee is a big thing...and the real reason crime is high in Milwaukee, just like Chicago....democrat crime policies......not providing enough police......spending money on everything but police.....

Lott's research shows the biggest mover of crime stats is police enforcement....and then concealed carry helps lower the crime rate after that....

Murder is quite up.

Yes policing effects crime rates, not gun ownership.

And here we have why there is more violence in Milwaukee.....they need more police...

Mayor Barrett says those in Madison partially to blame for Milwaukee s violence lawmakers respond FOX6Now.com

Our police force remains two-to-three hundred officers under staffed, while at the same time, this force is furloughed at a rate equivalent to 48,000 man hours per year.

How can staffing not make a difference?

Our police officers are over tasked, while expected to perform duties of vacant positions — these officers are forced to work without partners, which puts them at great risk, delays in response time and ultimately jeopardizes the safety of the entire community…investigations are minimized (detective & forensic investigators; each downsized 25% less than when Flynn arrived) — the crook(s) has/have gained the upper hand under this current leadership.”

And here we have why there is more violence in Milwaukee.....they need more police...

Mayor Barrett says those in Madison partially to blame for Milwaukee s violence lawmakers respond FOX6Now.com

Our police force remains two-to-three hundred officers under staffed, while at the same time, this force is furloughed at a rate equivalent to 48,000 man hours per year.

Our police officers are over tasked, while expected to perform duties of vacant positions — these officers are forced to work without partners, which puts them at great risk, delays in response time and ultimately jeopardizes the safety of the entire community…investigations are minimized (detective & forensic investigators; each downsized 25% less than when Flynn arrived) — the crook(s) has/have gained the upper hand under this current leadership.”

And when they get more policing you will claim it was concealed carry that lowered crime. I know.

And when they get more policing you will claim it was concealed carry that lowered crime. I know.

Brain...there are 18 studies listed here that say violent crime is reduced by people carrying guns....actual research....

the list is on page 1212-1213

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...-Maryland-Law-Review-Lott-Concealed-Carry.pdf

Concealed carry doesn't stop all crime...it reduces it about 3-5% from what I remember....and Lott himself points out that police are the major factor...but people carring guns also lowers the crime rate.....

And getting rid of democrat mayors and governors helps a lot more......

Brain...there are 18 studies listed here that say violent crime is reduced by people carrying guns....actual research....

the list is on page 1212-1213

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...-Maryland-Law-Review-Lott-Concealed-Carry.pdf

Yes and Lott is a great source

I said I have never read a good study. I have seen a lot of cherry picking of info to get the answers they want.

Wisconsin got concealed carry and violent crime is way up.

Concealed carry doesn't stop all crime...it reduces it about 3-5% from what I remember....and Lott himself points out that police are the major factor...but people carring guns also lowers the crime rate.....

Yes so show me a republican city with really low crime rates. I've compared many cities for you and Republicans do no better, your claim has been proven false many times.

More concealed carry success in Chicago.
Murders shootings on the rise in Chicago
The city has recorded 355 shootings this year as of Monday compared with 253 shootings for the first quarter of 2014, according to crime statistics released by the Chicago Police Department on Wednesday.

Eighty murders were recorded in the first quarter of 2015. There were 62 in the same period last year.

Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said the city has made significant progress in reducing overall crime in the past few years, but his department is challenged by gun laws that he said make it too easy for dangerous criminals to get access to illegal weapons.

McCarthy and other Chicago officials have long blamed neighboring states Indiana and Wisconsin for contributing to Chicago's homicide problems. From 2009 to 2013, 60% of guns recovered in crimes in Chicago were originally purchased in states with fewer restrictions on gun ownership, according to police.

The city has recorded 355 shootings this year as of Monday compared with 253 shootings for the first quarter of 2014, according to crime statistics released by the Chicago Police Department on Wednesday.

Eighty murders were recorded in the first quarter of 2015. There were 62 in the same period last year.

Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said the city has made significant progress in reducing overall crime in the past few years, but his department is challenged by gun laws that he said make it too easy for dangerous criminals to get access to illegal weapons.

McCarthy and other Chicago officials have long blamed neighboring states Indiana and Wisconsin for contributing to Chicago's homicide problems. From 2009 to 2013, 60% of guns recovered in crimes in Chicago were originally purchased in states with fewer restrictions on gun ownership, according to police.

yeah....mccarthy is an idiot......the rest of the state has the looser gun control laws and easier access to guns because we have gun stores....but only Chicago is a killing field....it is their lack of police...they are down about 2,000 cops, and having a democrat mayor...........notice too...those states where the guns are purchased...don't have the violent crime rate chicago has.....why would that be...since guns are even easier to get in those locations....no one ever asks Mayor rahm or his police super about that....

Here is a county by county breakdown of crime in Wisconsin......for 2012...just about all of the murders in Wisconsin happen in Milwaukee county....check page 30......lack of police, democrat mayor...the real recipe for high crime rates that even allowing people to carry guns can't decrease......

and the whole state has the same concealed carry laws...and yet almost all of the killings happen in a very small area code in Milwaukee..........

https://wilenet.org/html/justice-pr...library/crime-and-arrest/2012-crime-in-wi.pdf

Yes so show me a republican city with really low crime rates. I've compared many cities for you and Republicans do no better, your claim has been proven false many times.

The top 25 most violenet cities in America....at least 24 are controlled by democrats....not a coincidence.......

yeah....mccarthy is an idiot......the rest of the state has the looser gun control laws and easier access to guns because we have gun stores....but only Chicago is a killing field....it is their lack of police...they are down about 2,000 cops, and having a democrat mayor...........notice too...those states where the guns are purchased...don't have the violent crime rate chicago has.....why would that be...since guns are even easier to get in those locations....no one ever asks Mayor rahm or his police super about that....

They have concealed carry now and I bet I can find some posts from you claiming crime was going down because of it. Sorry but gun ownership does not effect crime rates. Do those other states have a city as big as Chicago? People crowded together brings high crime rates.

The top 25 most violenet cities in America....at least 24 are controlled by democrats....not a coincidence.......

Most big cities have Democrat mayors. That stat means nothing.

Here is a county by county breakdown of crime in Wisconsin......for 2012...just about all of the murders in Wisconsin happen in Milwaukee county....check page 30......lack of police, democrat mayor...the real recipe for high crime rates that even allowing people to carry guns can't decrease......

and the whole state has the same concealed carry laws...and yet almost all of the killings happen in a very small area code in Milwaukee..........

https://wilenet.org/html/justice-pr...library/crime-and-arrest/2012-crime-in-wi.pdf

In every state most crime happens in the big cities. The states with the lowest crime rates don't have big cities.

I have compared two cities in Florida of similar size for you before, one with a democrat mayor and one with a republican. That democrat city has lower crime. Your claims of the mayor are false.

Sorry brain...if guns caused crime then the whole state would experience more gun crime since concealed carry is for the whole state, not just the big city...doesn't happen.....poverty and gangs the big mover of crime in the cities and allowing people to carry guns reduces the crime rate......actual research shows this.....

I have compared two cities in Florida of similar size for you before, one with a democrat mayor and one with a republican. That democrat city has lower crime. Your claims of the mayor are false.

24 out of 25 of the most violent cities in the U.S. are controlled by democrats...not a coincidence.....

Sorry brain...if guns caused crime then the whole state would experience more gun crime since concealed carry is for the whole state, not just the big city...doesn't happen.....poverty and gangs the big mover of crime in the cities and allowing people to carry guns reduces the crime rate......actual research shows this.....

I'm not claiming that at all. I am saying ownership does not effect crime rates. Concealed carry does not effect crime rates.

I'm not claiming that at all. I am saying ownership does not effect crime rates. Concealed carry does not effect crime rates.

Yes it does brain....actual research...18 papers that I have listed show that it does....write the authors of those papers....ask them........they actually study the topic across the whole country over years of concealed carry activity....and 18 show it lowers crime rates.....

24 out of 25 of the most violent cities in the U.S. are controlled by democrats...not a coincidence.....

They are the big cities and like 99.9 percent of big cities have a democrat mayor. So no it isn't a coincidence. I'm sure 24 out of 25 of the safest big cities are also democrat.

Forum List

Back