Happy Juneteenth

How does that change what he said?

Reconcile that truth with the rates of arrest, incarceration, and probation and you'll have your answer.

He is saying that drug abuse is the fault of the person abusing the drugs.

Whether white, black, yellow or purple, that statement holds true.

We are not discussing the fault of the users, but the consequences of that use. If you are white and wealthy, unless you kill somebody, no consequences. If you are poor, jail time, and if you are poor and black, a great deal of jail time. Those are the facts.

In Europe, the countries that have decriminilized drug use have actually had a decline in the use of drugs.

In Europe, the countries that have decriminilized drug use have actually had a decline in the use of drugs.

That is incorrect. The exact opposite is true. In addition, every country that has experimented in legalizing drugs has experienced a significant increase in related crimes as well. That's why every country where it has been tried has had to reverse themselves to some degree to deal with the reality of the situation.

:0)

It's not my responsibility to make anyone here smarter.

The notion that "laws" are required to oppress black people is just too unintellligent to debate and light-years from anything remotely considered smart.

You keep running from all the glaring evidence and empirical data .. again, from intelligent conversation.

If you're not interested in evidence and data .. you should excercise your right to go talk to someone else.

IOW, you have no evidence only because you say so.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

STUPID

really? that's all you have?
PATHETIC

Reconcile that truth with the rates of arrest, incarceration, and probation and you'll have your answer.

We are not discussing the fault of the users, but the consequences of that use. If you are white and wealthy, unless you kill somebody, no consequences. If you are poor, jail time, and if you are poor and black, a great deal of jail time. Those are the facts.

because all white people are wealthy and all blacks are poor, right?

PS please provide proof that if you are white and wealthy there is never any consequences and if black a great deal of jail time.

Until such time as you provide the evidence, you are a liar.

Last edited:
Empirical evidence, study, and data are not your forte' brother. I get that.

Your own sad story does not factor in any of that.

I'm looking for converatsions with people who know what those things are and include them in their discussion.

Meme-speak is down the hall.

IOW you are not interested in anything but being told what you want to hear.

Likely that would be that laws are stacked against black people. Still, you have yet to cite those laws that single out black people.

It's not my responsibility to make anyone here smarter.

The notion that "laws" are required to oppress black people is just too unintellligent to debate and light-years from anything remotely considered smart.

You keep running from all the glaring evidence and empirical data .. again, from intelligent conversation.

If you're not interested in evidence and data .. you should excercise your right to go talk to someone else.

:lol:

Yep. Yer smart alrite

:lol:

Again .. people who don't know their own history.

Don't even know that the Republican Party began as an anti-slavery party.

Again... I know exactly how much the Republican Party did for blacks and minorities... I know how much they still do for minorities too.

:0) Oh really.

Are you of the opinion that you know more about what is needed in the African-American community than African-Americans?

I'm not a democrat .. but I am most certainly not a republican either .. and most especially.

Do the unemployed need unemployment insurance?

Do the elderly need Medicare and Social Security?

Does the government need to be free of corporate influence and campaign contributions .. that would otherwise be called corruption?

Does America need to cut its military budget in half?

Tell me of these wonders that republicans offer to black people?

why wont Obama and Holder and CO. end the war on drugs?.........

it just blows me away.

hell I know many of them are racists but good god this is fucking sad

It is the society that you live in. There is nothing surprising nor unusual about their posts.

This is America .. however, there is good news.

They are shrinking, and almost completely dependent on white males.

Oh I know it but the people on the right here are the worst of the bunch.

i talk to white people all the time who would be very intersted in this historical day and would understand and honor its importance like a real American should.

really dude its likely a less racist country than you think and a more racist country than I think.

The right here is just fucking horrible

so are many of the left here....you being one example,Dean,Chris,Frankie and Dudley being others.....so maybe it balances out.....

Juneteenth 2012: When Did Slavery Really End?

Though President Abraham Lincoln ended slavery with the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, slaves in Texas had no knowledge of their freedom until two and a half years later. On June 19, 1865, Union soldiers arrived in Galveston and declared the end of the Civil War, with General Granger reading aloud a special decree that ordered the freeing of some 200,000 slaves in the state.

Because of the delay, many African Americans started a tradition of celebrating the actual day slavery ended on June 19 (also known as Juneteenth). But for some, their cheers were short-lived. Thanks to the South's lucrative prison labor system and a deceptive practice called debt peonage, a kind of neo-slavery continued for some blacks long into the 1940s. The question then arises: When did African Americans really claim their freedom?

thanks

who knew?

:eusa_whistle:

oh hell yeah the war on drugs is racist.

that is an undeniable fact.

so is the vast majority of the Obama hate syndrome

Much of that is true .. but not all of it. I hate Obama .. nothing to do with his race .. with the exception that I find him embarrassing for black people.

He knows the truth of the war on drugs and how devastating it is to black families and communities. But what do you think he's going to do about it?

Absolutely nothing.

I have a long list of critically important things that he is going to do absolutely nothing about.

If he loses .. fuck him.

ok......so you can ignore my question i asked before i saw this post.....you just answered it.....but you are right.....he wont do shit.....he told California he wont mess with Medical Pot last year.....now its a different story.....

war is not my defense of anyone.

in life choices are never perfect.

i have no problem seeing and facing the things Obama has failed on.

I also have no problem seeing the things the republican party is bent on doing.

I have all my life had imperfect choices.

poor kids learn that one very welll.

they ONLY way to a better situation is your best choice at the momment.

I am not picking a saint I am picking a 4 year run leader of my country.

Every person who I could chose is flawed.

that doesnt mean I just stop making choices

i have no problem seeing and facing the things Obama has failed on.

oh bullshit Truth.....how many threads are there with someone pointing out things that Obama has either not done to well on or has ignored the problem completely while saying he will deal with it when he was campaigning.....and we see you here backing the guy 100% with absolutely no criticism of HIM what so ever....cant YOU ever be truthful?....

Wrong. That isn't all that he's saying.

He's saying that the war on drugs has nothing to do with racism or flawed policies.

Again, reconcile that with the truth of who is using the most drugs and outcomes and your confusion will go away.

NOPE... your wrong as usual.

I am saying that there is NO one to blame for one's drug abuse except the drug abuser.... Ya cant go to jail for drugs unless you are in posession of and or using them.

How is it racist?

Ive been to jail a time or two for pot posession... I dont remember anyone prying my hand open and handing the pot to me, or sticking the joint in my mouth and forcing me to puff on it.

If there are more blacks in jail for drug related crimes than whites... then maybe they should wise up and STOP ABUSING AND SELLING DRUGS..!!!!!

she may be referring to the sentences imposed.....same amount ...Black gets longer sentence....just sayin.......

Wrong. That isn't all that he's saying.

He's saying that the war on drugs has nothing to do with racism or flawed policies.

Again, reconcile that with the truth of who is using the most drugs and outcomes and your confusion will go away.

I am saying that there is NO one to blame for one's drug abuse except the drug abuser.... Ya cant go to jail for drugs unless you are in posession of and or using them.

How is it racist?

Ive been to jail a time or two for pot posession... I dont remember anyone prying my hand open and handing the pot to me, or sticking the joint in my mouth and forcing me to puff on it.

If there are more blacks in jail for drug related crimes than whites... then maybe they should wise up and STOP ABUSING AND SELLING DRUGS..!!!!!

she may be referring to the sentences imposed.....same amount ...Black gets longer sentence....just sayin.......

same?

so then you are privy to the rap sheets and severity of the crimes?

and Ihave yet tosee the proof that whites receive less time for the exact same crime.....

How is it racist?

same?

so then you are privy to the rap sheets and severity of the crimes?

and Ihave yet tosee the proof that whites receive less time for the exact same crime.....

yes as a matter of fact i am.....

Forum List

Back