Hawking angers Republicans

eddiew

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Stephen Hawking Angers Trump Supporters With Baffling Array of Long Words
By Andy Borowitz, The New Yorker

03 June 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-T.jpg
he theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking angered supporters of Donald J. Trump on Monday by responding to a question about the billionaire with a baffling array of long words.

Speaking to a television interviewer in London, Hawking called Trump “a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,” a statement that many Trump supporters believed was intentionally designed to confuse them.

Moments after Hawking made the remark, Google reported a sharp increase in searches for the terms “demagogue,” “denominator,” and “Stephen Hawking.”

“For a so-called genius, this was an epic fail,” Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, said. “If Professor Hawking wants to do some damage, maybe he should try talking in English next time.”

Later in the day, Hawking attempted to clarify his remark about the presumptive Republican Presidential nominee, telling a reporter, “Trump bad man. Real bad man.”

Shrug. Smart with physics, but he is a British subject, and as such his opinions toward American politics are yawn-inducing.

I mean, right now the UK is about as politically stupid as Southern California.

Shrug. Smart with physics, but he is a British subject, and as such his opinions toward American politics are yawn-inducing.

Obama went to the UK and told everyone how to vote on Brexit, kinda opened some floodgates.

How come you kept your mouth shut when Blair opened his yapper about war with iraq ?? He should be hung right next to your war lover gwb

The only thing he said was he didn't understand the appeal. SOmeone mentioned he is a British Citizen. That should explain a lot since people in other countries don't understand American politics. It isn't a big deal. The guy just said his opinion.

How come you kept your mouth shut when Blair opened his yapper about war with iraq ?? He should be hung right next to your war lover gwb

i marched against the Iraq war, did you?

Also if you don't know that it's hanged and not hung then in my eyes you forfeit the right to having an opinion on who should be put to death.

ed, you can't remember yesterday. How could you possibly remember whether or not I said anything about Blair?

Also if you don't know that it's hanged and not hung then in my eyes you forfeit the right to having an opinion on who should be put to death.
I wasn't an English major ,,,sorry and I bet you didn't major in politics.

ed, you can't remember yesterday. How could you possibly remember whether or not I said anything about Blair?
perhaps you're right in some regard but my long term memory is excellent You stood by the moron bush regardless of how he was destroying America

Obama went to the UK and told everyone how to vote on Brexit, kinda opened some floodgates.

I think you missed the question. No one said you're not entitled to an opinion, the question is why should we care. No offense, I just don't care what the Brits think of who we elect. And I certainly wouldn't think you would care what our meddilng, opinionated President thinks of Brexit either

I am somewhat confident that this man is receiving funding from democratic party or a other left-wing organization.

That would explain it all.

Seems like he inherited incredible gifts to study physics with... but is a complete retard in some other areas.

Last edited:

perhaps you're right in some regard but my long term memory is excellent You stood by the moron bush regardless of how he was destroying America

I clearly stated at the time and continue to state that Bush's second term was essentially a Democrat administration. Do you remember that?

I think you missed the question. No one said you're not entitled to an opinion, the question is why should we care. No offense, I just don't care what the Brits think of who we elect. And I certainly wouldn't think you would care what our meddilng, opinionated President thinks of Brexit either
BUT Kaz how come we thought so much of Blair watching gwb's back?

One must eschew complex verbiage in exchanges with those of the American persuasion.

verb
simple past tense and past participle of hang.

Forum List

Back