Here’s Proof That the Modern Day GOP Built Itself on Racism

Both sides, Lakota, although I was speaking primarily of the Dems in this case. The Dems never took up the mantle of freedom-fighters, in terms of race, until the 60's and JFK. But until, say, the 80's, I don't think it ever occurred to Republicans that there was an anti-racism stance for them to lay claim to. It's as if they never saw it as theirs until it was already gone.

I wish it was a moot point. I really do. I wish there wasn't a situation in which either side had more of a claim than the other. But when you look at the real history, you have to hand it to Republicans. At no point have they ever taken a party stance against equality, while Dems have. And when you look at what really counts... what really counts didn't happen when it was the 60's, 70's, etc. Unless you put an 18 in front of those numbers. Because that's when the real sacrifices happened. Literally hundreds if not thousands of Republicans standing up for liberation and equality were literally lynched right alongside those they wanted to free. They risked more than any Dem of the last 50 years. And they lost. And they kept at it anyway.

Don't cheapen it.

I appreciate your sincerity .. but the Republican Party is virtually all white and has never understood the power of diversity.

Democrats figured that out and prosper today because of it.

You lefties spend generations lying about the GOP as being the Party of Racism and then use our low levels of Minority Support as "proof" that it is our fault.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

Those are interns .. the party can choose whatever interns they want.

I suppose we 'lefties' told republicans to choose virtually all white interns.

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous.

Speaker Paul Ryan seems very proud of his all-white interns. Sadly funny...

Why should he not be? Because they are white?

And you fuckers call us "racist"?!

Of all institutions, our government should set the standard for embracing diversity. It's who we are. Ryan just further proves what a racist bunch of assholes his GOP party is.

Both sides, Lakota, although I was speaking primarily of the Dems in this case. The Dems never took up the mantle of freedom-fighters, in terms of race, until the 60's and JFK. But until, say, the 80's, I don't think it ever occurred to Republicans that there was an anti-racism stance for them to lay claim to. It's as if they never saw it as theirs until it was already gone.

I wish it was a moot point. I really do. I wish there wasn't a situation in which either side had more of a claim than the other. But when you look at the real history, you have to hand it to Republicans. At no point have they ever taken a party stance against equality, while Dems have. And when you look at what really counts... what really counts didn't happen when it was the 60's, 70's, etc. Unless you put an 18 in front of those numbers. Because that's when the real sacrifices happened. Literally hundreds if not thousands of Republicans standing up for liberation and equality were literally lynched right alongside those they wanted to free. They risked more than any Dem of the last 50 years. And they lost. And they kept at it anyway.

Don't cheapen it.

I appreciate your sincerity .. but the Republican Party is virtually all white and has never understood the power of diversity.

Diversity is just another form of bigotry....particularly giving preference to specific political classes.

Which is why RW'ers are against it.

It's wrong......but Democrats use it to get votes.

Like for example "they're rapists"...?

Or "let's register/deport/stop all Muslims"?

Or "the judge is biased because his parents were Mexican"?

Or "Pocahontas"?

Or putting a Star of David on a political attack ad?

Or mocking a congenital nerve disorder?

That does add up to a lot of votes. How do they make them do that?

Don't cheapen it.

You lefties spend generations lying about the GOP as being the Party of Racism and then use our low levels of Minority Support as "proof" that it is our fault.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

This reflects very high rates of minority identification as Democrats.

You just demonstrated the behavior I called you on.

You are citing the low rate of minority republicans as "proof" of republican racism.

What it is proof of is generations of effecting lying and race baiting by the Left.

YOu are tearing this nation apart.

Don't cheapen it.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

You are citing the low rate of minority republicans as "proof" of republican racism.

What it is proof of is generations of effecting lying and race baiting by the Left.

YOU just demonstrated why Blacks, Asians, Jews, Muslims, Hispanics .. and no other non-white demographic in America votes for republicans in the majority .. not one.

Of course in your pea-brain head, that's just everybody else's fault .. republicans claim no responsibility for its own fate .. lefties did it.

Question dummy .. did lefties tell republicans to dump its black support in favor of chasing racists in the Southern Strategy? African-Americans were once overwhelmingly republican .. but of course republicans had nothing at all to do with losing that support.

:lol: YOU are why blacks and nobody else but old angry white men vote for republicans in the majority.

thanks

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

Speaker Paul Ryan seems very proud of his all-white interns. Sadly funny...

Why should he not be? Because they are white?

And you fuckers call us "racist"?!

Of all institutions, our government should set the standard for embracing diversity. It's who we are. Ryan just further proves what a racist bunch of assholes his GOP party is.

If the minorities are vastly choosing to volunteer to be democratic interns, then that is not on Ryan.

That you try to spin that as "proof" of the GOP being "racist assholes" shows that you are the racist asshole.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

The Republicans chose based on qualifications, you leftists chose based on skin color, as you always do.

Don't cheapen it.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

Don't cheapen it.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

YOU just demonstrated why Blacks, Asians, Jews, Muslims, Hispanics .. and no other non-white demographic in America votes for republicans in the majority .. not one.

Of course in your pea-brain head, that's just everybody else's fault .. republicans claim no responsibility for its own fate .. lefties did it.

Question dummy .. did lefties tell republicans to dump its black support in favor of chasing racists in the Southern Strategy? African-Americans were once overwhelmingly republican .. but of course republicans had nothing at all to do with losing that support.

:lol: YOU are why blacks and nobody else but old angry white men vote for republicans in the majority.

thanks

The republicans did NOT "dump" it's black support in favor of chasing Racist in the South.

THat is a lie.

Nixon was the one that supposed did that, and he was a strong supporter of Desegregation and Affirmative Action.

He offered NOTHING to the racist of the SOuth.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

The Republicans chose based on qualifications, you leftists chose based on skin color, as you always do.

Whatever .. just don't whine like a pig about blacks supporting whomever the fuck they want to support.

Blacks will be on the winning side of this election .. you .. you're just another fool who got played by Trump like a two-dollar whore.

[
Whatever .. just don't whine like a pig about blacks supporting whomever the fuck they want to support.

Voting based on skin color is racist and stupid, but if it turns you on, go for it.

Blacks will be on the winning side of this election .. you .. you're just another fool who got played by Trump like a two-dollar whore.

All Trump has to do is shut up, and he wins. :dunno:

The strained alliance between the more rural South and the immigrant urban dems of the North broke apart as the Dems were not offering the race voters of the South anything.

Civil Rights became a non issue as BOTH parties supported it.

Agree, although I would have said "didn't become an issue until both parties...".

There was no "Southern Strategy" in the sense of a outreach to racist voters.

Actually it's already been articulated, and apologized for:

Articulation:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[1 --- Kevin Phillips, Nixon strategist, 1970

"You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."" --- Lee Atwater, Republican Party strategist, 1981

Concession:
"Republican candidates often have prospered by ignoring black voters and even by exploiting racial tensions," and, "by the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African-American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out. Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."[79][80] -- Ken Mehlman, RNC Chair, 2005
All here --- Southern Strategy Not a secret.

"Articulated"?

That's a pretty fancy word for, "you have ONE guy who said something that supports your self serving myth".

And that fact that you lefty liars have managed to convince some Establishment REpublcians that they have something to apologize for, doesn't make it real.

Nixon did NOT pander to the SOuther Racist.

He slammed though desegregation as fast as he could so that it would be a dead issue by the time of his reelection.

That was the closest he came to "pandering" to them.

THe GOP platform then, since then, and still today, has been pro-civil rights and any other claim is a vile lie designed to advance the partisan interests of the Left at the expense of tearing this nation apart.

Both Reagan and Goldwater bragged about being against the Civil Rights Act. Nixon said he was against Desegregation Busing (i.e. brown v board of ed decision).

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

thanks

The republicans did NOT "dump" it's black support in favor of chasing Racist in the South.

THat is a lie.

Nixon was the one that supposed did that, and he was a strong supporter of Desegregation and Affirmative Action.

He offered NOTHING to the racist of the SOuth.

That's ignorant .. ignorant revisionist history .. but you can believe whatever you want .. I don't care.

The Southern United States as defined by the United States Census Bureau. In American politics, the Southern strategy is an idea that the Republican Party candidates gained political support in the Southern United States by using a strategy appealing to racism against African Americans.

All of the openly and proudly racist groups today are democrats....

Black lives matter,
La raza.
the congressional black caucus
the new black panthers

And obama sat in an openly and proudly racist church for 20 years....

Glenn Beck supports Black Lives Matter now

Don't cheapen it.

Diversity is just another form of bigotry.....

Diversity is just another form of bigotry

:lol: I stopped reading right there :lol: It's mindless.

.. but you keep thinking that diversity equals bigotry .. as your racist party dissolves into meaningless. :0)
That why you don't learn nothing.

Diversity is just a code word. It's like people who kill the unborn like to say they are pro-choice. It's a sugar coating of a terrible practice. They don't like the sound of being Pro-Abortion, so they changed it to pro-choice. Diversity is just another word for people who wear rose colored glasses who like to infringe on our freedoms. The freedom to pick someone to work for you because of their qualifications rather than their race, religion, or gender. Excluding whites from collecting benefits because honky motherfuckers need some payback. Forcing someone to have to live where they don't want to.

Nixon's Southern Strategy: "It's All In The Charts":

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."

The race baiters are all leftists. Its the democratics who are the enslavers. That why they will lose, and lose Huge, in November.

[

Both Reagan and Goldwater bragged about being against the Civil Rights Act. Nixon said he was against Desegregation Busing (i.e. brown v board of ed decision).

Have you ever posted anything that was in fact, true?

Nah, you're a democrat, truth is the last thing we will get from you,

[

Voting based on skin color is racist and stupid, but if it turns you on, go for it.

All Trump has to do is shut up, and he wins. :dunno:

Get real dude .. you vote based on skin color .. WHITE

Trump doesn't want to win .. he never did.

If Trump Were a Clinton Plant, What Would He Do Differently?
Donald Trump talks a lot about winning but he runs a campaign that almost seems intended to fail — and wreak havoc on the GOP in the process. Could he be helping an unpopular Hillary Clinton more if he tried?
If Trump Were a Clinton Plant, What Would He Do Differently? - WhoWhatWhy

Nixon's Southern Strategy: "It's All In The Charts":

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."

G-Tard, you are a good democrat racist, but boy are you stupid...

The Grand Old Party still lay buried under the debris of the latest Democratic landslide - 1964 - when a young, self-taught ethnologist named Kevin Phillips emerged from his charts and maps to avow to skeptical hearers that just around the corner was an inevitable cycle of Republican dominance that would begin in the late nineteen-sixties and prosper until the advent of the 21st century.

Nixon's Southern Strategy: "It's All In The Charts"

The Southern Strategy turned the Deep South from blue to red. The Democratic Party's right wing conservatives began rebelling against the liberal wing of their party during FDR's administration.

FDR's right wing conservative Vice President, John Garner of Texas, was so fed up with FDR's liberal policies that he ran against FDR for the Democratic nomination in 1940. He went down in defeat and returned to Texas. FDR replaced his VP with Henry Wallace.

In the 1948 election, the Democratic Party suffered a three way split, with Strom Thurmond leading the right wing conservatives into forming the States' Rights Democratic Party in direct opposition to Truman's campaign.

States Rights. That right there indicates the conservatism of that wing of the party. The states righters wanted to preserve Jim Crow and white supremacy.

Strom Thurmond later gave up on the Democratic Party's liberalism and became a leading conservative of the Republican Party.

The leader of the Democratic conservative coalition in the Senate was Richard Russell. He kept every piece of civil rights legislation from being passed for decades. And he was as right wing conservative as it gets. The dipshits who focus on the fact these southerners were Democrats are deliberately kept ignorant of the fact they were far right conservatives. And they make themselves look like damned fools in their ignorance every time they reach back into our history of which they know NOTHING to point out the party affiliation of the far right wing southerners.

No one was ever sure what Lyndon Johnson's political bent was. When he was around liberals, he talked like a liberal. When he was around conservatives, he talked like a conservative. He was as weasely and slimy a politician as it gets. But he was also brilliant, and got himself into the good graces of the House Democratic Leader/Speaker (Sam Rayburn), and the leader of the Senate Democrats (Richard Russell).

Russell believed Johnson to be a conservative, and made LBJ the Senate Majority Leader in LBJ's first term. This violated more than a century's tradition of seniority. However, the Majority Leader position at that time was a figurehead position and not one anyone wanted. Majority Leaders were mocked for their ineffectiveness. All the power actually rested with Richard Russell.

Russell groomed LBJ for the Presidency, but LBJ was outmaneuvered by JFK. JFK then picked LBJ as his running mate in order to win the Southern conservative vote, since he knew LBJ was Russell's boy.

JFK proved to be too liberal for the Southerners. This is why JFK traveled to Texas that fateful November of 1963. He went to meet the Governor of Texas, John Connally, because Connally was the leader of the Southern conservative faction that was breaking away from the Democrats.

It was also suspected that JFK was going to dump LBJ for his second term run and was considering Connally for his running mate. Again, to win the conservative Democratic vote.

Anyway, the year 1958 is probably the year when the Republican and Democratic parties had an equal balance of conservatives and liberals in both parties.

After that, the Democrats began shifting left, and the Republicans began shifting right.

Nixon's Southern Strategy was greatly responsible for the acceleration of that shift.

Forum List

Back