Here’s What’s Comin’

11. One more example of how disingenuous the argument for reparations is.

“Reparations demonstrably would be effective if an improved position for blacks is associated with sharp and enduring reductions in racial disparities, particularly economic disparities like racial wealth inequality, and corresponding sharp and enduring improvements in black well-being.”

Focus on the word ‘enduring.’

Why would handing a huge check over to a person who hasn’t managed to progress financially, and how would same make that person permanently....enduringly.... financially secure?

Of course it wouldn’t. The same things would happen to the government largesse that happened to any other money they had before.

“…. by the end of the first year, some people will have more than others. Guaranteed. Some people, you see, will be careful with what they have. Others won’t. Some people will gamble, others will save. Some will spend lavishly, others will be frugal.

Besides that, some people simply have more of the kind of wealth that can’t be redistributed. Intelligence; education; ambition. Drive, as opposed to: aw, we’re gonna get what we’re gonna get anyway, so let’s just stay on the couch and watch TV. Some people will put a little giddy-up in their get-alongs, and will find ways to improve their own lives.

Some of that will be “unfair,” because some people have more and better resources to tap. Intelligence; talent; family. Even accounting for such differences, though: some people will turn what they have into more, while others will not. Therefore, by the end of the very first year (not to mention the first five or ten) “haves” and “have-nots” will appear.” What if we just gave everybody the same amount of wealth? | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Clearly, the reparations thing has some hidden agenda behind it.

Reparations…..meaningless. It is values, upbringing, character that makes the difference.
Again, they couldn’t prosper when the white folk left. Why would they if they got money now

I don't attribute it to skin color, but to Leftist policies.
No, there’s something more. Every opportunity they get, they fail.
Wrong.
Why are they in ghettos?

Read the books "Color of Law" and "American Apartheid" instead of listening to Rush Limbaugh and you'll learn why. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.

I read scores of books written by black sociologists and -----non-sociologists. I also read some stuff written
by developmental psychologists on GENERAL ISSUES.
My conclusion is that black child rearing (which includes family structure) is------kinda dysfunctional for both males and females for USA SOCIETY. Indian child rearing (that is indian from India) is a lot different from STANDARD ozzie and harriet childrearing----but somehow it leads to educational and economic success

all this talk about conservative vs liberal, republican vs democrat, black vs white, etc has distracted us from the real danger facing the USA--------------the Muslim jihad.

Islam is on a 100 year jihad to take over the entire world, by destroying countries from within, by planting sleeper cells in the top levels of governments (Omar and Tlaib). then gradually getting more muslims in government by creating muslim enclaves in congressional districts (duh, Omar and Tlaib).

You women think masks are difficult to deal with, try an abaya or a burka. Wake up america, or you will wake up to sharia law.

forget the partisan bullshit and understand the real danger. Divide and conquer works, Act now.
So you call out the racial divide by doubling down on xenophobia? This place cracks me up.

“Reparations demonstrably would be effective if an improved position for blacks is associated with sharp and enduring reductions in racial disparities, particularly economic disparities like racial wealth inequality, and corresponding sharp and enduring improvements in black well-being.”

Why would handing a huge check over to a person who hasn’t managed to progress financially, and how would same make that person permanently....enduringly.... financially secure?

Of course it wouldn’t. The same things would happen to the government largesse that happened to any other money they had before.

“…. by the end of the first year, some people will have more than others. Guaranteed. Some people, you see, will be careful with what they have. Others won’t. Some people will gamble, others will save. Some will spend lavishly, others will be frugal.

Besides that, some people simply have more of the kind of wealth that can’t be redistributed. Intelligence; education; ambition. Drive, as opposed to: aw, we’re gonna get what we’re gonna get anyway, so let’s just stay on the couch and watch TV. Some people will put a little giddy-up in their get-alongs, and will find ways to improve their own lives.

Some of that will be “unfair,” because some people have more and better resources to tap. Intelligence; talent; family. Even accounting for such differences, though: some people will turn what they have into more, while others will not. Therefore, by the end of the very first year (not to mention the first five or ten) “haves” and “have-nots” will appear.” What if we just gave everybody the same amount of wealth? | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Reparations…..meaningless. It is values, upbringing, character that makes the difference.
Again, they couldn’t prosper when the white folk left. Why would they if they got money now

Wrong.
Why are they in ghettos?

Read the books "Color of Law" and "American Apartheid" instead of listening to Rush Limbaugh and you'll learn why. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.
Explain how white flight doomed blacks?

Amazing how much simplistic, assumptive, linear thinking goes on in politics. If THIS is the condition now, THAT will be the condition later.

When confronted with a complicated issue, normally an intelligent adult carefully examines all of its elements and makes adjustments across the board as needed.

But instead, all we can do now is (a) refuse to look at half the issue and (b) blame the entire complicated problem on the other half. That's it.

We are devolving, unable to address issues honestly and comprehensively. We've lost our most valuable trait: Intellectual curiosity.
how can you say so much without saying a goddamn word?

Just exactly what are you trying to say here?

Do you really believe that my children should be held responsible in the future for the actions of unrelated white people 2 centuries ago?

Exactly what complexities should one be considering when the entire concept of reparations is boiled down to brass tacks?

Let's get you on record here.

What are you trying to say?
I've made my point on our race issue many times. I see plenty of faults on both "ends" of this issue.

No, your children should not be held responsible for the actions of unrelated white people two centuries ago.

No, I don't support reparations.

What I'm "trying to say" is that we will not improve race relations unless and until both "ends" of the issue honestly look in the mirror and hold their own accountable.

As long as you can stay civil, I'm happy to go as deep into this as you'd like.

I've stopped trying here. You can only talk in circles for so long in the halls of hypocrisy that is USMB...
I finally realized how boring it was. If a person can't think for themselves, if they can't demonstrate some real curiosity, I check out pretty quickly. They're like robots, they're all the same.

Veiled racism.

where do you see racism? What do you imagine would be the outcome if every person "of color" got a reparation check of $50,000 ? THE END OF THE
""DISPARITY""?
Dude you could give them all the money in the world, and they’d fail
Since whites were given everything, I do believe that if we are given everything whites have got since 1776, whites would be in a hurt locker.
Most whites in the USA are poor
Many are not getting by
The average white family has 15 times the wealth of a black family. I said what I did because the facts support it. Whites like you run your mouth about crime rates, well lets look at this rate-1 out of every 4 blacks live in or under poverty and 1 out of every 9 whites do. When you try your racist arguments do not try them with a black person who spent 32 years doing social work. Every opinion you guys have posted in this thread has been wrong.
Blacks are more successful in USA than anywhere on the planet
. Much of the poor black community Is poor based on “ bad decisions “

They have some stupendously successful negroes here. No time for them to pull the race card.
Out of 47.8 million blacks there are 36,000 worth at least 1 million. That's less than 1/10th of one percent. Now since whites invented the race card and keep dealing themselves all the card, I have to laugh at the psychosis that allows you to black reality out of your mind.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."
Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea
That is a stupid quote. No one expects everyone to succeed at the same level but relatively equal distributions based on eye color hair color and skin color should occur. Your brain is malfunctioning. You think you say smart things then this stuff comes out.

"....equal distributions based on eye color hair color and skin color..."

Spoken like a true racist, Corky.

So, you're a government school grad, huh?
You continue to dodge and everyone on here can see it. You believe black people simply make all the wrong life choices. Why is that? It’s as plain as your fake bio.

We’ve discussed education levels. Mine is pretty stellar, better than yours which you wave around here in front of these mostly under-educated posters like it gives you value. It doesn’t. Your posts are simply transparent.

'Dodge'??????

Did you say I 'dodged' something, Corky?????

Seems you're still dodging this:

Corky, there is no racism.

It's life choices.

Let's put a cork in your pie hole again.....

Watch how deftly I do this......the education gap is perhaps the greatest determiner of wealth vs poverty.,

Get ready:

Let's begin here.....as you blame white folks and racism for all of your inadequacies, can you answer this query?

With respect to the education gap, how is it that 'racism' is responsible for these areas in which black students fall short when compared to white and Asian students:

The number of days absent from school

The number of hours spent watching TV

The number of pages read for homework

Quantity and quality of reading material in the home

The presence of two parents in the home.

Another cork, huh?

no chic-----it's not really choices-----it is NURTURE.
In common lingo it is the social conditioning of the
child------which is determined by the nurture of the mother, the grandmother, the great-grandmother. -------........ (as x approaches infinity) As to the stability of the TWO PARENT MODEL------another aspect of
the social conditioning of the population------ie---not all people do the two parent thing which----IN US SOCIETY is so important

Nurture, upbringing, results in choices.

The 'two parent thing' is the critical difference between societal success and failure.

I recommend that you pick up
View attachment 369912

1. One change in societal attitude has been the “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever be judgmental. As a result, the upper cultural class, which has stabilized by returning to more traditional ways, survives, yet these individuals will not criticize the behaviors which are destroying the lower cultural class.
“For Women Under 30, Most Births Occur Outside Marriage” For Women Under 30, Most Births Occur Outside Marriage
“One group still largely resists the trend: college graduates, who overwhelmingly marry before having children. That is turning family structure into a new class divide, …” Ibid.

1. "The elites must preach what they practice." Charles Murray
That uses outcomes to predict outcomes. Going to college is an output not an input. Surely you recognize that? It still hinges on your core belief that black people make these wrong choices where white people dont. The driver of that is either systemic... or the racists are right.

Still running from this dispositve post????

With respect to the education gap, how is it that 'racism' is responsible for these areas in which black students fall short when compared to white and Asian students:

You have no answer.....there is no way to blame racism, white people, or Republicans.

More proof of what I have said: the simpletons who parrot Democrat propaganda.....you......have no use for facts, logic, or experience.

That's what's meant by 'lock-step Liberal.'

I'll put a cork in your pie hole every time, Corky.

Wrong.
Why are they in ghettos?

I read scores of books written by black sociologists and -----non-sociologists. I also read some stuff written
by developmental psychologists on GENERAL ISSUES.
My conclusion is that black child rearing (which includes family structure) is------kinda dysfunctional for both males and females for USA SOCIETY. Indian child rearing (that is indian from India) is a lot different from STANDARD ozzie and harriet childrearing----but somehow it leads to educational and economic success
One can read every single book, the that offers no solutions, how does one rid ghettos. There are three things required, end the gangs, school choice, then bring in businesses. Demofks don’t want solutions

Veiled racism.

where do you see racism? What do you imagine would be the outcome if every person "of color" got a reparation check of $50,000 ? THE END OF THE
""DISPARITY""?
Dude you could give them all the money in the world, and they’d fail
Since whites were given everything, I do believe that if we are given everything whites have got since 1776, whites would be in a hurt locker.
Most whites in the USA are poor
Many are not getting by
The average white family has 15 times the wealth of a black family. I said what I did because the facts support it. Whites like you run your mouth about crime rates, well lets look at this rate-1 out of every 4 blacks live in or under poverty and 1 out of every 9 whites do. When you try your racist arguments do not try them with a black person who spent 32 years doing social work. Every opinion you guys have posted in this thread has been wrong.
Blacks are more successful in USA than anywhere on the planet
. Much of the poor black community Is poor based on “ bad decisions “

They have some stupendously successful negroes here. No time for them to pull the race card.
Out of 47.8 million blacks there are 36,000 worth at least 1 million. That's less than 1/10th of one percent. Now since whites invented the race card and keep dealing themselves all the card, I have to laugh at the psychosis that allows you to black reality out of your mind.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."
Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea
That is a stupid quote. No one expects everyone to succeed at the same level but relatively equal distributions based on eye color hair color and skin color should occur. Your brain is malfunctioning. You think you say smart things then this stuff comes out.

"....equal distributions based on eye color hair color and skin color..."

Spoken like a true racist, Corky.

So, you're a government school grad, huh?
You continue to dodge and everyone on here can see it. You believe black people simply make all the wrong life choices. Why is that? It’s as plain as your fake bio.

We’ve discussed education levels. Mine is pretty stellar, better than yours which you wave around here in front of these mostly under-educated posters like it gives you value. It doesn’t. Your posts are simply transparent.

'Dodge'??????

Did you say I 'dodged' something, Corky?????

Seems you're still dodging this:

Corky, there is no racism.

It's life choices.

Let's put a cork in your pie hole again.....

Watch how deftly I do this......the education gap is perhaps the greatest determiner of wealth vs poverty.,

Get ready:

Let's begin here.....as you blame white folks and racism for all of your inadequacies, can you answer this query?

Another cork, huh?

no chic-----it's not really choices-----it is NURTURE.
In common lingo it is the social conditioning of the
child------which is determined by the nurture of the mother, the grandmother, the great-grandmother. -------........ (as x approaches infinity) As to the stability of the TWO PARENT MODEL------another aspect of
the social conditioning of the population------ie---not all people do the two parent thing which----IN US SOCIETY is so important

Nurture, upbringing, results in choices.

The 'two parent thing' is the critical difference between societal success and failure.

I recommend that you pick up
View attachment 369912

1. One change in societal attitude has been the “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever be judgmental. As a result, the upper cultural class, which has stabilized by returning to more traditional ways, survives, yet these individuals will not criticize the behaviors which are destroying the lower cultural class.
“For Women Under 30, Most Births Occur Outside Marriage” For Women Under 30, Most Births Occur Outside Marriage
“One group still largely resists the trend: college graduates, who overwhelmingly marry before having children. That is turning family structure into a new class divide, …” Ibid.

1. "The elites must preach what they practice." Charles Murray

TRADITION-----it is almost impossible to eliminate
traditional child-rearing practices. I believe that some of the dysfunction of black families is a left over from
subsaharan tribal concept of "family" which worked in that context but does not work in the USA

"TRADITION-----it is almost impossible to eliminate "

Yet that is exactly what the Democrats did with their 'war on poverty.'

1966 LBJ expanded the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program…under FDR, AFDC had been limited to widows, those who had lost their husbands and now lacked a breadwinner at home to help support the children.

Then began to loosen and expand the rules of AFDC eligibility, eventually getting to the point where any woman living alone with children could take advantage of this program. In doing so, they not only bought a large number of new votes, they also incentivized out of wedlock births and single motherhood.

As Charles Murray described in “Losing Ground,” the Great Society incentivized the same negative behaviors that cause poverty in the first place.

Millions of women discovered that they could be better off financially by not marrying.

Amazing how much simplistic, assumptive, linear thinking goes on in politics. If THIS is the condition now, THAT will be the condition later.

When confronted with a complicated issue, normally an intelligent adult carefully examines all of its elements and makes adjustments across the board as needed.

But instead, all we can do now is (a) refuse to look at half the issue and (b) blame the entire complicated problem on the other half. That's it.

We are devolving, unable to address issues honestly and comprehensively. We've lost our most valuable trait: Intellectual curiosity.

Do you really believe that my children should be held responsible in the future for the actions of unrelated white people 2 centuries ago?

Exactly what complexities should one be considering when the entire concept of reparations is boiled down to brass tacks?

I've made my point on our race issue many times. I see plenty of faults on both "ends" of this issue.

No, your children should not be held responsible for the actions of unrelated white people two centuries ago.

What I'm "trying to say" is that we will not improve race relations unless and until both "ends" of the issue honestly look in the mirror and hold their own accountable.

I've stopped trying here. You can only talk in circles for so long in the halls of hypocrisy that is USMB...
I finally realized how boring it was. If a person can't think for themselves, if they can't demonstrate some real curiosity, I check out pretty quickly. They're like robots, they're all the same.
You hate being reminded who you are huh?

You hate being reminded who you are huh?
Fantastic!

Only with Democrat overlay.

Did you know that in Guyana, it's blacks that are in charge, over white folks/Indians?

Last edited:
I don't give a damn what you read. I am black. I have a degree in sociology. I lived in a black family within a neighborhood of black families. All of you have opinions and they are based in racism. I've read books by women about giving birth, but that doesn't make my comments about pregnancy more valid than a mother who has given birth. Your opinion is both ignorant and wrong. I say that as a black person, not a white person reading books about blacks.

don't give a damn what you read. I am black. I have a degree in sociology. I lived in a black family within a neighborhood of black families. All of you have opinions and they are based in racism. I've read books by women about giving birth, but that doesn't make my comments about pregnancy more valid than a mother who has given birth. Your opinion is both ignorant and wrong. I say that as a black person, not a white person reading books about blacks
Why aren’t you in favor of ending ghettos?

all this talk about conservative vs liberal, republican vs democrat, black vs white, etc has distracted us from the real danger facing the USA--------------the Muslim jihad.

Islam is on a 100 year jihad to take over the entire world, by destroying countries from within, by planting sleeper cells in the top levels of governments (Omar and Tlaib). then gradually getting more muslims in government by creating muslim enclaves in congressional districts (duh, Omar and Tlaib).

You women think masks are difficult to deal with, try an abaya or a burka. Wake up america, or you will wake up to sharia law.

forget the partisan bullshit and understand the real danger. Divide and conquer works, Act now.
So you call out the racial divide by doubling down on xenophobia? This place cracks me up.

can you bear to function without using the silly words
"xenophobia" and "islamophobia". Neither are
valid in the 21st century in the USA. which is a land far TOO diverse and far TOO easy from which to WANDER elsewhere to have any validity at all. We no longer live out in the hills with a shot-gun to rid ourselves of "strangers" ------and do not have a culture that harbors that kind of behavior. "THE RACIAL DIVIDE" --------suddenly the intervening issue is "islam" ? do Buddhists qualify as victims of XENOPHOBIA or BUDDHOPHOBIA?

Millions of women discovered that they could be better off financially by not marrying.
Free money, free room and board. Live life without effort. Reaping those rewards, ghettos
The ghetto was created by government policy. More whites get welfare and if you want to see white ghettoes look at rural America.

The problem is that the allies of the jihadists are already inside the gates.

They're called Democrats....and there's lots of 'em.
They'll kiss anybody's ace if they think it will give them power, and riches for them and their extended families. Been seeing it for a long time now.

don't give a damn what you read. I am black. I have a degree in sociology. I lived in a black family within a neighborhood of black families. All of you have opinions and they are based in racism. I've read books by women about giving birth, but that doesn't make my comments about pregnancy more valid than a mother who has given birth. Your opinion is both ignorant and wrong. I say that as a black person, not a white person reading books about blacks
Why aren’t you in favor of ending ghettos?
Another ignorant comment made by a white member of this forum.

We have a Korean whose family was allowed to come here because of a government program talking stupid.

Thomas Sowell is an economist, his comments are ignorant to the reality of how things have happened in America.

I am familiar with that family....very familiar.

The two parent home with parents who worked 14-16 hours a day, never took any welfare, and taught their children this:

“The chart endeavors to list "the ways white people and their traditions, attitudes and ways of life have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States." Among those traditions, attitudes, and ways of life are: Individualism, hard work, objectivity, the nuclear family, a belief in progress, a written tradition, politeness, the justice system, respect for authority, delayed gratification and planning for the future, plus much more.” Smithsonian Goes Full Marxist: Nuclear Family, Science, Christianity All Part of Oppressive 'Whiteness'

....and both their children are Ivy League grads.

If blacks made certain to do the same, they'd be just fine.

Toss those Democrats who claim to be 'helping.'

They bring crime on everyone where they move to.........and make other blacks live in fear.............They are poster children for WHITE FLIGHT.........

I know .........I watched it happen with my own eyes............watched good neighborhoods go to total shit...............Where I grew up is total shit now...........Nice house was worthless when my parents died.......because of them moving in..............Mother N law forced to leave .......last white in the whole area........sold the house for the price of a shed...and the locals burned it to the ground...............

Why did she finally leave...........they killed the black man .....her neighbor .......in his own bed for his prescription drugs................we moved her things out packing weapons......watched her neighbors cry who were black saying they wish they could leave too........wondering if they would be next to be shot in their own beds at night.
Probably because they have black skin. You nailed it. Jesus. You guys.

Corky, like every other Democrat drone, sees only race and gender.

Forum List

Back