Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

They're dependent on Trump.

Without Trump, they have nothing.
When the POT repudiates the Orange Messiah, stops hanging on his every word, and becomes the GOP again, we will stop being concerned about the future damage he can do to the country by manipulating you rubes.

It is useless to respond with sense to ideas that are totally false and fake and senseless.
No one can have a meaningful conversation with someone like Berg.
There is literally no agreed upon place to start.
I agree with that. I have the facts on my side, you have steaming piles of right wing media horseshit. Your brainwashing is complete. Any time you'd like to try to prove me wrong, the floor is yours.

First, I'm not getting my hopes up, even though I've been screaming about the Left's cynical weaponization of PC and Identity Politics since I've been on this board (and long before). However:

Interestingly, both the CNN and MSNBC morning shows spent time on how or if the American Left has gone too far with its cultural issues. This, after James Carville, Bill Maher, and even recently Hillary Clinton and Van Jones have been beating the drum on this. Even Al freakin' Sharpton said the Dems are moving from "progressive" to "regressive" (a word I've used about a thousand times here).

We're seeing Hispanics give up and move towards the GOP now. November looks like an ass kicking. Are the Democrats beginning to figure it out, are they starting to realize that they've been concentrating on the wrong issues for too long, losing the working class vote over "defund the police", reparations, destroying businesses that don't want to bake a cake, and trans parades in grade schools?

Are they waking up? AND, is it too late, are they too dependent on it and attached to it to fix this?

California will always vote democrat, New York will always vote democrat, Oregon, Washington, etc.
They will never vote for an Independent or a republican, regardless of how whacked the DNC becomes.
It's PARTY over country, baby!

There was nothing to get away with. They let you grab their pussies. Finger Rapist *Joe did not have permission but leftists swept that under the rug because cult comes first.

No one "let's you grab their pussies". More than 20 women expressed their revulsion at his behaviour. Only you weak ass beta males thought this was "cool" or that women were happy about being treated like the paid "companions" and wives he's been buying since he was in high school.

"It has been funny -- what the hell, may as well laugh at this stuff now and then -- watching this news about Hispanics moving toward the GOP throw a wrench into the assumptions of both parties."

Weid -

Hispanics, and Blacks are Republican Voters Naturally.
They inherently have values that align with the Republican Party.
That is way Democrats have had to lie, cheat, steal and buy their votes.

"Statistically all" of the most Woke among us are White Fringe.

It is useless to respond with sense to ideas that are totally false and fake and senseless.
No one can have a meaningful conversation with someone like Berg.
There is literally no agreed upon place to start.

That's because you continue to believe things that never happened and deny things that did.

Joe Biden won the election, and there was no cheating. Even Trump knew this to be true but he didn't care. You've accepted all of his other lies and he knew you'd accept this one too.

California will always vote democrat, New York will always vote democrat, Oregon, Washington, etc.
They will never vote for an Independent or a republican, regardless of how whacked the DNC becomes.
It's PARTY over country, baby!
Rather than blame Dems, how about putting up candidates worthy of our votes.

Interestingly, both the CNN and MSNBC morning shows spent time on how or if the American Left has gone too far with its cultural issues. This, after James Carville, Bill Maher, and even recently Hillary Clinton and Van Jones have been beating the drum on this. Even Al freakin' Sharpton said the Dems are moving from "progressive" to "regressive" (a word I've used about a thousand times here).
Trump scared the shit out of the marxists who run the radical left wing of the democrat party, so they've gone all-in on their rush for dictatorial control. The useful idiots you mentioned are the ones "finally waking up". Hopefully it's not too late, but the indoctrination in the school system has turned out a couple generations of lemmings at this point.

When the POT repudiates the Orange Messiah, stops hanging on his every word, and becomes the GOP again, we will stop being concerned about the future damage he can do to the country by manipulating you rubes.
lol

You fuckers are scared to death of Trump.

Because he's not afraid to tell you you're full of shit

And neither am I

Trump scared the shit out of the marxists who run the radical left wing of the democrat party, so they've gone all-in on their rush for dictatorial control. The useful idiots you mentioned are the ones "finally waking up". Hopefully it's not too late, but the indoctrination in the school system has turned out a couple generations of lemmings at this point.

Those lemmings are also literally dumber than dog shit.

What?

This is something that I've never really understood about politics in general. Unfortunately, that list is pretty long.

My question when it comes to any given political tactic is: What is the actual goal here? Are we trying to change hearts and minds? Are we trying to make things better organically? Or are we just trying to punish, control, browbeat and intimidate? Are we just trying to "beat" the other side? Because it sure as hell doesn't look very constructive.

This wall has been a brick-by-brick process. Little stories, constantly adding up to the pushback we're seeing. Examples: I've been called a RACIST here for saying that I don't like Obamacare; I've been called an ISLAMOPHOBE here for saying the religion needs a Reformation; I've been called a HOMOPHOBE here for saying that movement sometimes goes too far. That shit gets old, and it adds up. AND, IT AVOIDS AN HONEST CONVERSATION OF THE CORE ISSUE.

Hell, I've been watching this develop and warning about a pushback since I've been here. I admit, I fully underestimated the size and intensity of that pushback, but I was right. And what did that pushback bring us? Trump. Trumpism. The pushback on the cultural issues is what animated them more than anything else.

So: What are we actually trying to accomplish with this stuff?
I am open to reaching a consensus on every issue but gun rights.
:dunno:

"It has been funny -- what the hell, may as well laugh at this stuff now and then -- watching this news about Hispanics moving toward the GOP throw a wrench into the assumptions of both parties."

Weid -

They inherently have values that align with the Republican Party.
That is way Democrats have had to lie, cheat, steal and buy their votes.

"Statistically all" of the most Woke among us are White Fringe.

Being "woke" has nothing to do with the reality that Republican economic policies have been an abject failure for the majority of the American people. This is the billionaire owned right wing media pushing a false narrative to protect their tax cuts.

Instead of trying to win votes with sound fiscal policies that people will support and vote for, Republicans are using racism, fear and hate to deepen the divisions between the parties, and get poor people to vote against their own best interests.

Murdoch, Mercer, and the Sinclair Family are using their media empires to promote this false narrative to a trusting and gullible right wing voter who fears further loss of economic power.

Do you see the difference between the ridiculous freak out over Dave Weigel's retweet of a joke and the legit revulsion over the former Adulterer-in-Chief bragging about grabbing a woman's crotch and getting away with it?
Liberals are being led around and manipulated by their emotions. Words are not actions, and allowing yourself to get all bent out of shape by a famous person speaking a truth is the epitome of being a useful idiot.

Radical, ultraliberal extremist President Bill Clinton agreed to reasonable ideas like time limits on welfare and the defense of marriage itself when he was in power and thought it would be to his advantage.

Doesn't necessarily mean a change of heart at all.
Exactly. He was forced to acquiesce to the newly elected republican congress but only in his own self-interest.

That's what they'll be saying after the midterms, we lost because of Manchin and Sinema stopping us from what the voters wanted.
Inflation and midterm history repeating itself will be why Dems lose. But it's a valid point to make that many Dems and independents are frustrated with Repubs being able to obstruct the wishes of the majority. It leaves many feeling democracy isn't working.........because it isn't........in part due to the filibuster.

Forum List

Back