Holy crap - this has to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever seen the GOP get up in public at an official party outing and say "F-Obama?"

No, and you never will. However, Dims do it all the time with high ranking political big wigs like Nancy Pelosi laughing with delight in the background.

The left is pure evil.
You mean like yelling "you lie" in the president's face? Both sides have been escalating and you can't seem to recognize it or condemn it. So I suppose it will continue to be supported and justified.

Many Politicians took the Scalise shooting as a moment to do some political soul searching. Their rabid followers not so much it seems.

Seriously. This toxic partisan political culture is poisoning civil society.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

I'm no youngster. I've never seen such a dangerous ambient.

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?

Actually you must be a youngster. You don't remember the "days of rage"? Weather Underground"? Sybionese Liberation Army? Leftists have been trying to empower Democrats and overthrow civil society for decades now.
This is nothing new. What is new, and follow me carefully, is media control. The media was first in the hands of Americans and we watched them bomb and burn their way across America. Then they seized control of the media and it seemed to get quiet.
Today we have alternatives to the media so they are exposed again.
And that is the only reason you see it as an uptick. But it is actually what they have been doing all along.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I was a child at the time and we lived overseas. But I talked with people who remember it at the time and it's nothing like now where the goal isn't to change but to dismantle.

Speaking of overthrowing civil society I am surprised you forget about the efforts from the right...Mississippi burning, blowing up churches, adults attacking children trying to go to school, turning police dogs on civilians

Mississippi burning was from the right? Those scumbag democrats were on the RIGHT?

Lie much?

Once again some one conflates IDEOLOGY with party. I'd like to hear how the 1960's southern Dems were flaming leftists. This should be amusing coming from our resident "nazi boi" screamer.

" I'd like to hear how the 1960's southern Dems were flaming leftists."

Coming right up, you dunce.

The most important points: all the segregationists in the Senate were Democrats, and remained same for the rest of their lives…except for one. And they were not conservative......

....Dems were flaming leftists."

1. Strom Thurmond became a Republican, albeit 16 years later. Lets see how many of the 12 in the Senate were conservative.
  2. Senator Harry Byrd, staunch opponent of anti-communist McCarthy
  3. Senator Robert Byrd, proabortion, opposed Gulf Wars, supported ERA, high grades from NARAL and ACLU
  4. Senator Allen Ellender, McCarthy opponent, pacifist
  5. Senator Sam Ervin, McCarthy opponent, anti-Vietnam War, Nixon antagonist
  6. Senator Albert Gore, Sr., McCarthy opponent, anti-Vietnam War
  7. Senator James Eastland, strong anti-communist
  8. Senator Wm. Fulbright, McCarthy opponent, anti-Vietnam War, big UN supporter
  9. Senator Walter F. George, supported TVA, and Great Society programs
  10. Senator Ernest Hollings, initiated federal food stamp program, …but supported Clarence Thomas’ nomination
  11. Senator Russell Long, led the campaign for Great Society programs
  12. Senator Richard Russell, McCarthy opponent, anti-Vietnam War, supported FDR’s New Deal
  13. Senator John Stennis, McCarthy opponent, opposed Robert Bork’s nomination
Notice how segregationist positions went hand-in-hand with opposition to McCarthy?

Have you ever been right about anything?????

Anything .....except the time when you ordered the Rootin'-tootin' Fresh 'n Fruitin' Breakfast at IHOP!

I was a child at the time and we lived overseas. But I talked with people who remember it at the time and it's nothing like now where the goal isn't to change but to dismantle.

Speaking of overthrowing civil society I am surprised you forget about the efforts from the right...Mississippi burning, blowing up churches, adults attacking children trying to go to school, turning police dogs on civilians

Mississippi burning was from the right? Those scumbag democrats were on the RIGHT?

Lie much?

For today's lesson, a trip down Democrat Memory Lane...an anniversary of sorts:

murder_fbiposter_700.jpg__700x617_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Murder in Mississippi | American Experience - WGBH | PBS

Democrat handiwork.

Right wing handiwork. Time to own it.

Now watch me smash a custard pie in your kisser:

1. The KKK was formed for the Democrat Party to preserve slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

2. The Democrats blocked every anti-lynching bill to come to the Senate.

3. On June 21, 1964 Goodman, Chaney and Schwerner, three Americans, were slaughtered by the Democrat minions to preserve slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

As I said.....and proved, Democrat handiwork.

Proving you a liar was simply a bonus.
A fascinating bit of historical digression but one that completely avoided the issue ....waiting on your evidence showing the southern Dems were flaming leftists who magically became staunch rightwingers when the Republican took political control of the south...until then, wipe the custard off your face.
:popcorn:

Post #1882 proves you a liar and a fool

".....the southern Dems were flaming leftists who magically became staunch rightwingers when the Republican took political control of the south."

Never happened.
The racists, the Democrats, always were, and continue to be, racists, segregationists, and oppressors.
clinton-gore-confederate-1992.jpeg

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?

What is wrong with us? Sure, you hear vitriol from the right but nothing like what comes from the left. Here is an example.

Democratic Official Fired for Saying He’s ‘Glad’ Scalise Was Shot (Video)

Nebraska Democrats removed party official Phil Montag from his job on Thursday after a recording surfaced of him saying he wishes House Majority Whip Steve Scalise died during a recent attack.

Earlier this month, a gunman opened fire with a rifle on a group of Republican politicians practicing for the Congressional baseball game, striking Scalise and several others. Scalise remains in the hospital with a long recovery ahead after multiple surgeries.

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to f—–g kick people off f—–g health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag, the technology’s committee former co-chair, said in the audio recording.

Also Read: Sean Hannity Offers to Pay for Therapy for 'Morning Joe' Couple to 'Thrive in the Trump Era'

Montag continued: “I wish he was f—–g dead.”

Nebraska Democratic Party Chairwoman Jane Kleeb confirmed to FOX 42 News in Nebraska on Thursday it was really Montag’s voice.

“We obviously condemn any kind of violence, whether it’s comments on Facebook or comments in a meeting,” said Kleeb told the Fox affiliate.

Kleeb fired Montag as soon as she heard the recording, according to the Omaha World-Herald. The conversation took place in a private home in Omaha, according to the paper.

When reached by the World-Herald, Montag said, “I did not call for the congressman’s death,” and claimed the tape had been taken out of context.

As bad as Trump is, I could never see him say such things about Hillary. Hell, he won't even pursue putting her in jail where she belongs.

"Trinity College professor calls white people ‘inhuman’: ‘Let them f-ing die’"
Johnny Eric Williams, Trinity College professor, calls white people ‘inhuman’: ‘Let them f-ing die’

Lie much?

Democrat handiwork.

Time for us to own what YOUR PARTY did?

Lie much?
Ideology....idiot.

Yes, you democrats have a persistent ideology of racism, one you continue as we speak.

Lying that those who opposed you were the actual perpetrators only serves to make you appear to be a sociopath.

Post #1882 proves you a liar and a fool

".....the southern Dems were flaming leftists who magically became staunch rightwingers when the Republican took political control of the south."

Never happened.
The racists, the Democrats, always were, and continue to be, racists, segregationists, and oppressors.
clinton-gore-confederate-1992.jpeg

Hey PC, I put up a new Op Ed, check it out

OP ED: Corrupting American Elections

What is wrong with us? Sure, you hear vitriol from the right but nothing like what comes from the left. Here is an example.

Democratic Official Fired for Saying He’s ‘Glad’ Scalise Was Shot (Video)

Nebraska Democrats removed party official Phil Montag from his job on Thursday after a recording surfaced of him saying he wishes House Majority Whip Steve Scalise died during a recent attack.

Earlier this month, a gunman opened fire with a rifle on a group of Republican politicians practicing for the Congressional baseball game, striking Scalise and several others. Scalise remains in the hospital with a long recovery ahead after multiple surgeries.

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to f—–g kick people off f—–g health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag, the technology’s committee former co-chair, said in the audio recording.

Also Read: Sean Hannity Offers to Pay for Therapy for 'Morning Joe' Couple to 'Thrive in the Trump Era'

Montag continued: “I wish he was f—–g dead.”

Nebraska Democratic Party Chairwoman Jane Kleeb confirmed to FOX 42 News in Nebraska on Thursday it was really Montag’s voice.

“We obviously condemn any kind of violence, whether it’s comments on Facebook or comments in a meeting,” said Kleeb told the Fox affiliate.

Kleeb fired Montag as soon as she heard the recording, according to the Omaha World-Herald. The conversation took place in a private home in Omaha, according to the paper.

When reached by the World-Herald, Montag said, “I did not call for the congressman’s death,” and claimed the tape had been taken out of context.

As bad as Trump is, I could never see him say such things about Hillary. Hell, he won't even pursue putting her in jail where she belongs.

"Trinity College professor calls white people ‘inhuman’: ‘Let them f-ing die’"
Johnny Eric Williams, Trinity College professor, calls white people ‘inhuman’: ‘Let them f-ing die’

Nothing has changed with the democrats save the color of the skin of their intended victims.

[

Once again some one conflates IDEOLOGY with party. I'd like to hear how the 1960's southern Dems were flaming leftists. This should be amusing coming from our resident "nazi boi" screamer.

Once again a democrat openly LIES that the bad acts perpetrated by their vile and illegitimate party should be blamed on the very opposition that was working to stop them from engaging in the terrorism that defines the filthy party.

I'll make you a deal, you quit lying and I'll stop exposing you as a hypocritical liar; fair?
See if you can answer the question in post 1876 and you might win the "nazi boi" prize...otherwise I will assume your reading skills are deficient :)

Why would I want to be a democrat? (nazi boi)

[

Once again a democrat openly LIES that the bad acts perpetrated by their vile and illegitimate party should be blamed on the very opposition that was working to stop them from engaging in the terrorism that defines the filthy party.

I'll make you a deal, you quit lying and I'll stop exposing you as a hypocritical liar; fair?
See if you can answer the question in post 1876 and you might win the "nazi boi" prize...otherwise I will assume your reading skills are deficient :)

So, when did the terrorism against blacks in the South stop?

Oh, that's right, when Republicans took control of the South... :eusa_whistle:

[

Should we not be able to evoke the term "Nazi"?

We should be able to do so when it applies. Perhaps what both sides are trying to do is make it socially unacceptable to ever use the term which is unacceptable to me.

If you use it, then back it up, which I have done in the past.

For example, there are many similarities to Nazi thought and Progressive thought. Both seek to centralize government and create two huge pots of cash. One that goes to the military and the other to the welfare state. For you see, Hitler was terrified of a war weary populace that might face a decreased standard of living because it resulted in internal uprisings in Germany during WW1. The Nazi regime also created huge debt and were avid environmentalists and animal rights advocates. So when I see these disturbing similarities I'm to just be quiet? I don't think so.

Has anyone ever seen the GOP get up in public at an official party outing and say "F-Obama?"

No, and you never will. However, Dims do it all the time with high ranking political big wigs like Nancy Pelosi laughing with delight in the background.

The left is pure evil.
You mean like yelling "you lie" in the president's face? Both sides have been escalating and you can't seem to recognize it or condemn it. So I suppose it will continue to be supported and justified.

Many Politicians took the Scalise shooting as a moment to do some political soul searching. Their rabid followers not so much it seems.

But Obama did lie. In fact, he lied about a great many things. He lied saying everyone's health premiums would go down. He lied about being able to keep your same health care plan and doctor. He lied about it not being a tax, when in fact, it ended up being the largest tax on the middle class in US history.

So are we now not allowed to call a spade a spade? Are you now comparing telling the truth in saying he lied to wishing people died in a terrorist attack?

The left surely has lost its mind.

Lie much?

Democrat handiwork.

1. The KKK was formed for the Democrat Party to preserve slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

3. On June 21, 1964 Goodman, Chaney and Schwerner, three Americans, were slaughtered by the Democrat minions to preserve slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

A fascinating bit of historical digression but one that completely avoided the issue ....waiting on your evidence showing the southern Dems were flaming leftists who magically became staunch rightwingers when the Republican took political control of the south...until then, wipe the custard off your face.

It's also cherrypicked bullshit that's been trotted out and shot down before, which is always .... messy.

The South culturally/ideologically has never been anywhere near the "left" or anything but "conservative". At the same time the same South was for 99 years after the Civil War staunchly Democratic Party in politics. These two facts are in no way contradictory; to try to use the latter to negate and even reverse the former is blatant dishonesty. And it depends on the cult-of-ignorance fallacy idea that "Democrat" or "Republican" or any political party, mean the same thing ideologically that they meant 150 years ago, which requires the self-delusion that such entities are somehow unaffected by changing times and their own changing self-interests and stand ideologically fixed and unmoving --- which is absurd.

Examples of why the South being at once conservative and Democratic for 99 years abound.
  • George Wallace (Democrat) constantly raining against "Liberals" and then running against the Democrat candidate with a third party.
  • Zell Miller (Democrat to this day) railing against John Kerry at the other party's convention
  • Strom Thurmond and a coterie of fellow-traveler racists walking out of the party convention in 1948 and then running against the Democrat candidate (and nearly succeeding)
  • Even back as far as 1860, Southern Democrats pulling the same thing as 1948, disrupting the convention, running its own candidate and pushing the Democratic nominee down to fourth place in the election
This self-strangling theory also purports to presume that people join or work with political parties for ideological reasons only rather than practical ones, which again ignores history. The (white) South went Democratic for 99 years not out of any ideological affinity with that party --- see the abundant conflicts as noted above ---but out of sheer historical emotion, the idea of associating with the Party of Lincoln, the man who had defeated and humiliated it, being unthinkable. "Republican" was in effect a dirty word; the Republican Party did not exist in the South before or during the War (Lincoln's name never appeared on a ballot in the South), and therefore its only association FOR the (white) South was as an invading/occupying army that wanted to dictate its fate from the North. Therefore, the Democratic Party was literally the only alternative.

THAT is why the white South resisted the existence of "Republican" in ways as mild as shunning its candidates at the polls and as extreme as the terrorism committed by the Klan and literally dozens of other similar vigilante groups of various degrees of organization. These were insurgents resisting what they viewed as an overreaching federal government occupation --- nothing to do with political party ideologies, which indeed that same white South had already rejected in 1860.

The poster (PC) once again misquotes the historian's line, to wit:

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425​

--- I see she's even descended to placing the term "liberal" in front of his name as a way to try to lend the misquote "credence". :lol:

--- the part she continues to leave out though, and she's been called on it before, is the phrase "in effect" which is what the ellipsis at the beginning obscures. She can't avoid "serving the interests of" although it's only a matter of time before she edits this into:

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…”​

--- and replaces that with another ellipsis.

What Foner is describing is a correlation that the poster dishonestly tries to portray as a composition, in order to arrive at her historically disprovable theory that "the Democrats started the Klan", which in turn serves her greater Composition Fallacy of polarization that this whole thread is about. It means that what the Klan does in ousting the Republican Party aligns with the interests of a rival party which like all parties wants control. It does not mean the latter therefore created the former.

For an analogy, if the St. Louis Cardinals defeat the Milwaukee Brewers, it serves the interests of the Chicago Cubs. It would be insane to then infer that "therefore the Chicago Cubs created the St. Louis Cardinals". Yet this is the stretch to which PC and her revisionist ilk would have us suspend reality.

IN that reality the Klan was actually created as an innocuous social club with no political (or racial) point by six ex-soldiers who were bored, none of which had any known political history or affiliation. That's why it has all the silly K-alliterations of "kleagles" and "klaverns" etc. You don't play around with alliteration if your purpose is as serious as terrorism. Obviously the klub's purpose didn't stay that way; it was taken over by "night rider/slave patrol" elements and general white supremacy elements, that had already existed in the South since at least the 18th century long before a United States or any political parties existed around them. These same elements simultaneously populated dozens of other similar regional groups like the White League and the Knights of the White Camellia and many others ---- this was a cultural artifact based on an extreme cultural conservatism, not a political machination. The Klan actually went out of its way to avoid political implications.

Here were two discrete dynamics; the white supremacy element resisting change to its supremacy through social control and/or terrorism; and the Democratic Party taking advantage of its resulting monopoly to aggregate its own power --- which is the one and only true function of poltical parties, ideologies being irrelevant inconveniences as demonstrated above.

It goes not unnoticed that the same fallacy-crowd that wants to conflate the cultural artifact of racism/white supremacy with a political party ---- seems to be the same fallacy-crowd that wants to conflate the cultural artifacts of FGM and "honor killing" with a religion. The same fallacy, employed to the same end--- spreading division through ignorance. Obviously they get a lot of practice.

And that's what this thread is here for --- to call out that dishonest argument for the divisive destruction it is.

Lie much?

Democrat handiwork.

It's also cherrypicked bullshit that's been trotted out and shot down before, which is always .... messy.

The South culturally/ideologically has never been anywhere near the "left" or anything but "conservative". At the same time the same South was for 99 years after the Civil War staunchly Democratic Party in politics. These two facts are in no way contradictory; to try to use the latter to negate and even reverse the former is blatant dishonesty. And it depends on the cult-of-ignorance fallacy idea that "Democrat" or "Republican" or any political party, mean the same thing ideologically that they meant 150 years ago, which requires the self-delusion that such entities are somehow unaffected by changing times and their own changing self-interests and stand ideologically fixed and unmoving --- which is absurd.

Examples of why the South being at once conservative and Democratic for 99 years abound.
  • George Wallace (Democrat) constantly raining against "Liberals" and then running against the Democrat candidate with a third party.
  • Zell Miller (Democrat to this day) railing against John Kerry at the other party's convention
  • Strom Thurmond and a coterie of fellow-traveler racists walking out of the party convention in 1948 and then running against the Democrat candidate (and nearly succeeding)
  • Even back as far as 1860, Southern Democrats pulling the same thing as 1948, disrupting the convention, running its own candidate and pushing the Democratic nominee down to fourth place in the election
This self-strangling theory also purports to presume that people join or work with political parties for ideological reasons only rather than practical ones, which again ignores history. The (white) South went Democratic for 99 years not out of any ideological affinity with that party --- see the abundant conflicts as noted above ---but out of sheer historical emotion, the idea of associating with the Party of Lincoln, the man who had defeated and humiliated it, being unthinkable. "Republican" was in effect a dirty word; the Republican Party did not exist in the South before or during the War (Lincoln's name never appeared on a ballot in the South), and therefore its only association FOR the (white) South was as an invading/occupying army that wanted to dictate its fate from the North.

THAT is why the white South resisted the existence of "Republican" in ways as mild as shunning its candidates at the polls and as extreme as the terrorism committed by the Klan and literally dozens of other similar vigilante groups of various degrees of organization. These were insurgents resisting what they viewed as an overreaching federal government occupation --- nothing to do with political party ideologies, which indeed that same white South had already rejected in 1860.

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425​

--- I see she's even descended to placing the term "liberal" in front of his name as a way to try to lend the misquote "credence". :lol:

--- the part she continues to leave out though, and she's been called on it before, is the phrase "in effect" which is what the ellipsis at the beginning obscures. She can't avoid "serving the interests of" although it's only a matter of time before she edits this into:

Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…”​

What Foner is describing is a correlation that the poster dishonestly tries to portray as a composition, in order to arrive at her historically disprovable theory that "the Democrats started the Klan", which in turn serves her greater Composition Fallacy of polarization that this whole thread is about. It means that what the Klan does in ousting the Republican Party aligns with the interests of a rival party which like all parties wants control. It does not mean the latter therefore created the former.

For an analogy, if the St. Louis Cardinals defeat the Milwaukee Brewers, it serves the interests of the Chicago Cubs. It would be insane to then infer that "therefore the Chicago Cubs created the St. Louis Cardinals". Yet this is the stretch to which PC and her revisionist ilk would have us suspend reality.

IN that reality the Klan was actually created as an innocuous social club with no political (or racial) point by six ex-soldiers who were bored, none of which had any known political history or affiliation. That's why it has all the silly K-alliterations of "kleagles" and "klaverns" etc. You don't play around with alliteration if your purpose is as serious as terrorism. Obviously the klub's purpose didn't stay that way; it was taken over by "night rider/slave patrol" elements and general white supremacy elements, that had already existed in the South since at least the 18th century long before a United States or any political parties existed around them. These same elements simultaneously populated dozens of other similar regional groups like the White League and the Knights of the White Camellia and many others ---- this was a cultural artifact based on an extreme cultural conservatism, not a political machination. The Klan actually went out of its way to avoid political implications.

Here were two discrete dynamics; the white supremacy element resisting change to its supremacy through social control and/or terrorism; and the Democratic Party taking advantage of its resulting monopoly to aggregate its own power --- which is the one and only true function of poltical parties, ideologies being irrelevant inconveniences as demonstrated above.

It goes not unnoticed that the same fallacy-crowd that wants to conflate the cultural artifact of racism/white supremacy with a political party ---- seems to be the same fallacy-crowd that wants to conflate the cultural artifacts of FGM and "honor killing" with a religion. The same fallacy, employed to the same end--- spreading division through ignorance. Obviously they get a lot of practice.

And that's what this thread is here for --- to call out that dishonest argument for the divisive destruction it is.

Really heartening to see how much the truth hurts you.

Made my day.

Now.....if only a liars pants actually burst into flames.

[

So, when did the terrorism against blacks in the South stop?

Oh, that's right, when Republicans took control of the South... :eusa_whistle:

Nope --- that's when the Klan was wiped out (by the mid-1870s). Terrorism against blacks continued, both in the South and elsewhere, for decades. Especially around the turn of the century and into the early 20th. I actually created a thread about that, here. And you'll notice which political "side" objects to that thread being there exposing what it does. Then there's the whole "Red Summer" and its culmination in the Tulsa Race Riots --- oh yeah, that's another thread too.

Hell, the pictures recently posted of Cheney, Goodman and Schwarmer provide a stark example a century later. Emmett Till and Mary Turner come to mind as well. It's amazing you can live in a bubble so impermeable as to not know about this shit.

Democrat handiwork.

This self-strangling theory also purports to presume that people join or work with political parties for ideological reasons only rather than practical ones, which again ignores history. The (white) South went Democratic for 99 years not out of any ideological affinity with that party --- see the abundant conflicts as noted above ---but out of sheer historical emotion, the idea of associating with the Party of Lincoln, the man who had defeated and humiliated it, being unthinkable. "Republican" was in effect a dirty word; the Republican Party did not exist in the South before or during the War (Lincoln's name never appeared on a ballot in the South), and therefore its only association FOR the (white) South was as an invading/occupying army that wanted to dictate its fate from the North.

Made my day.

Aye, I knew you'd have no response. The vacuum. To quote Ross Perot, I hear a giant sucking sound.

Lie much?

Democrat handiwork.

This self-strangling theory also purports to presume that people join or work with political parties for ideological reasons only rather than practical ones, which again ignores history. The (white) South went Democratic for 99 years not out of any ideological affinity with that party --- see the abundant conflicts as noted above ---but out of sheer historical emotion, the idea of associating with the Party of Lincoln, the man who had defeated and humiliated it, being unthinkable. "Republican" was in effect a dirty word; the Republican Party did not exist in the South before or during the War (Lincoln's name never appeared on a ballot in the South), and therefore its only association FOR the (white) South was as an invading/occupying army that wanted to dictate its fate from the North. Therefore, the Democratic Party was literally the only alternative.

That is a great post and good history lesson!

Democrat handiwork.

Made my day.

There is a fire extinguisher to your left.

[

Should we not be able to evoke the term "Nazi"?

We should be able to do so when it applies. Perhaps what both sides are trying to do is make it socially unacceptable to ever use the term which is unacceptable to me.

If you use it, then back it up, which I have done in the past.

For example, there are many similarities to Nazi thought and Progressive thought. Both seek to centralize government and create two huge pots of cash. One that goes to the military and the other to the welfare state. For you see, Hitler was terrified of a war weary populace that might face a decreased standard of living because it resulted in internal uprisings in Germany during WW1. The Nazi regime also created huge debt and were avid environmentalists and animal rights advocates. So when I see these disturbing similarities I'm to just be quiet? I don't think so.

The left is pure evil.

But Obama did lie. In fact, he lied about a great many things. He lied saying everyone's health premiums would go down. He lied about being able to keep your same health care plan and doctor. He lied about it not being a tax, when in fact, it ended up being the largest tax on the middle class in US history.

So are we now not allowed to call a spade a spade? Are you now comparing telling the truth in saying he lied to wishing people died in a terrorist attack?

The left surely has lost its mind.
Once you start invoking Nazi comparisons to modern american political figures or politics you've lost credability if not the argument. People do the use it to talk about economics. They use to invoke genocidal ideologies as you well know.

So "you lie" is right in your mind. And justifies rude. Eh a I or towards the president. Do any that to Trump as well?

Made my day.

There is a fire extinguisher to your left.

I never lie.
But the dunce you're counting on to bail you out, does.

1. "Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks.

Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.

This expansion of federal authority–which Ulysses S. Grant promptly used in 1871 to crush Klan activity in South Carolina and other areas of the South–outraged Democrats and even alarmed many Republicans. From the early 1870s onward, white supremacy gradually reasserted its hold on the South as support for Reconstruction waned; by the end of 1876, the entire South was under Democratic control once again."
Ku Klux Klan - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

2. Franklin Roosevelt, Democrat, made his first Supreme Court selection a KKKer, Hugo Black.
"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

So.....what have we learned?

Pogo, a liar.
You, a fool.

...and the Democrat Party is and has always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

I'm almost tired of winning!!!!!

Made my day.

Aye, I knew you'd have no response. The vacuum. To quote Ross Perot, I hear a giant sucking sound.

I did respond....I pointed out that you're a liar.

Made my day.

I did respond....I pointed out that you're a liar.

As Dr. Foner wrote:

In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.

In 1868, the Klan elected its first Grand Wizard, Nathaniel Bedford Forrest. Decades later, his grandson wrote in the September 1928 issue of the Klan’s Kourier Magazine:

I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.
The Democratic Party and the KKK | Dan O'Donnell | News/Talk 1130 WISN

Why would lying Liberals try to hide the joined-at-the-hip relationship between the KKK and the Democrat Party?

Is it because it proves that the Democrats are and have always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship?

Democrats.....whose motto is 'we were against melanin before we were for it.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back