Holy crap, this writer says it's over for the Dems

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Here's an opinion piece from a conservative who is convinced that the GOP will make gains in November, including "six or seven" seats in the Senate.

GOP Will Soon Reap What Dems Sowed In Their Resistance

His thesis is not based on any kind of empirical evidence and makes no mention of the significant Democratic electoral victories in the last year. Instead, it is based on his predictions that pretty much everything is going to go Trump's way between now and the elections. To wit:
  • The Korean situation will work out perfectly and with the closely-inspected de-nuclearization of North Korea, the announcement of a vegetarian diet for the fat crazy kid, and general high five all around
  • Voters from coast to coast will come to the realization that the press and the Democratic Party have been hammering too hard on Trump and will completely change their mind about him as a direct result
  • Robert Muller will come to the realization before the elections that everything he has been working on is a sham, and will announce that Trump & Co are clean as a whistle and that Trump is the best President ever
  • The FBI will become embroiled in what he calls "the greatest scandal in US history", which will exonerate Trump and anyone around him from everything except the time Donald Trump Jr got drunk at a wedding and danced the "Chicken Dance" with a bottle of tequila shoved up his ass
  • Several Democrats will be indicted, which will illustrate once and for all to the electorate that the GOP is the one true, clean party
I am not making this up. It will be a very busy seven months. Believe me.

Well, I guess that sinks it, then. On to 2020.

Here's an opinion piece from a conservative who is convinced that the GOP will make gains in November, including "six or seven" seats in the Senate.

His thesis is not based on any kind of empirical evidence and makes no mention of the significant Democratic electoral victories in the last year. Instead, it is based on his predictions that pretty much everything is going to go Trump's way between now and the elections. To wit:
  • The Korean situation will work out perfectly and with the closely-inspected de-nuclearization of North Korea, the announcement of a vegetarian diet for the fat crazy kid, and general high five all around
  • Voters from coast to coast will come to the realization that the press and the Democratic Party have been hammering too hard on Trump and will completely change their mind about him as a direct result
  • Robert Muller will come to the realization before the elections that everything he has been working on is a sham, and will announce that Trump & Co are clean as a whistle and that Trump is the best President ever
  • The FBI will become embroiled in what he calls "the greatest scandal in US history", which will exonerate Trump and anyone around him from everything except the time Donald Trump Jr got drunk at a wedding and danced the "Chicken Dance" with a bottle of tequila shoved up his ass
  • Several Democrats will be indicted, which will illustrate once and for all to the electorate that the GOP is the one true, clean party

It would be nice ... but only time will tell ... the tide can change in a fairly short time

Look at what this guy writes, he is so biased he makes Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow look neutral.

Trump will have killed us all long before the 2018 election

The Dems are vulnerable in the Senate this time around. GOP is not (unfortunately). So, he may be a loon, but he is probably right, at least on the Senate outcome.

Holy Crap another crazy right winger is predicting the end of the DNC---------AGAIN

Mm. I think the mid terms will be weird. Look at the democrats who won them “significant” victories. One needed the republicans to help him win, and another had to embrace Trump. Sure, dude is a weirdo like the guy who was saying Booooosh and Bammer are waiting to save us all with their jesus boat when trump nukes the world. Whatever, the press is less popular with the public then congress. I don’t believe nothing anyone says. I’ll just wait and see what happens.0

• Obama's Kenyan birth certificate will be released, and he will be sentenced to life in Guantanamo Bay, which will be renamed Donald J. Trump Prison For Very Bad Men.
  • After a rousing speech by Trump 11 million illegals will see the error of their ways, and self-deport.
  • Jesus will descend from Heaven wearing a MAGA hat, and *poof* a big beautiful wall into existence along the southern border.
  • During a school shooting in October of 2018 Trump will rush in unarmed, disarm the attacker with his bare hands, and throw out the catchphrase, "You're fired.", before roundhouse kicking the shooter unconscious.

Last edited:

Well, what's the Dem Platforms?
Open borders.
Higher taxes.
Gun grabbing.

Yeah, there is a percentage of voters who are criminally insane, but hard to see that flying, even as Reps do their best effort trying to lose.

Don't underestimate the power of the Russians and disinformation spread throughout social media....

The Republicans, with Russia's help and Cambridge Analytica directing the lies, can very well, keep control.....

The convicted felon, Conrad Black, who wrote the article, has some good points, but other parts are pure fiction, like the $10 million paid to Steele for the Dossier..... Steele was paid $130,000 by Fusion GPS, not $10 million...

Don't underestimate the power of the Russians and disinformation spread throughout social media....

The Republicans, with Russia's help and Cambridge Analytica directing the lies, can very well, keep control.....

The convicted felon, Conrad Black, who wrote the article, has some good points, but other parts are pure fiction, like the $10 million paid to Steele for the Dossier..... Steele was paid $130,000 by Fusion GPS, not $10 million...
Wow, starting the excuses already.

I read your link, and it doesn't seem to think those seats are so "vulnerable".

Besides which, it's a mid-term. Whichever party has the White House almost always loses seats in any mid-term, regardless who it is.
Did you and I read the same article? The one about 10 seats most likely to flip in 2018? One Republican seat (Flake) and 9 Democrat seats.
:dunno:

Well, it’s not the end of the Democratic Party, but Democrats will control neither House of Congress come 2019.

Democrats must defend too many seats in the Senate.

And the red states’ gerrymandered House districts will keep that body in the control of the GOP.

Forum List

Back