Homosexual boy scout is mad because he won't be given eagle badge

Yes, I would. Because I have some experience of the world and he would never have gotten as far as he did if he had made his beliefs known, or if he had let them know he was interested in using the organization as a platform for homosexual rights.

he has been in scouting since he was a kid before he knew what his sexuality or beliefs were.

Then when he KNEW that he no longer fulfilled the obligations of being a Scout he would have voluntarily dropped out. That would have shown integrity. The Scouts should not be expected to reward someone who intended for many years to use the Boy Scouts for their personal activities. By staying in, to demand something he is not entitled to, defies the very purpose of the Scouts. It shows a lack of character, but does show quite a bit of deviousness.

He probably couldn't believe that leaders he'd known for so long could be such dickheads.

The only reason the gay boy scout came out was because he had reached the age of 18

So now if he went "camping" with his fellow scouts and shared a tent.

He would be charged as an adult child molester if caught doing something with an under aged scout.

Yes, I would. Because I have some experience of the world and he would never have gotten as far as he did if he had made his beliefs known, or if he had let them know he was interested in using the organization as a platform for homosexual rights.

he has been in scouting since he was a kid before he knew what his sexuality or beliefs were.

Then when he KNEW that he no longer fulfilled the obligations of being a Scout he would have voluntarily dropped out. That would have shown integrity. The Scouts should not be expected to reward someone who intended for many years to use the Boy Scouts for their personal activities. By staying in, to demand something he is not entitled to, defies the very purpose of the Scouts. It shows a lack of character, but does show quite a bit of deviousness.

and rosa parks showed a lack of character when she refused to give up her seat on the bus. if she didn't like the way the montgomery bus system worked, she should have walked to work, right?

he was a kid.

besides, someone really did have to stand up to this homophobic organisation sooner or later. what? he is supposed to announce he is gay? i don't see a whole lot of scouts having to stand up and admit they are straight.

also, gay people are a protected class and the boy scouts are tax exempt. take away that status and they will go under.

how would you feel if they had seperate troops, one for white scouts and one for black scouts...or one for christian scouts and one for jewish scouits.

Last edited:

He probably couldn't believe that leaders he'd known for so long could be such dickheads.

In that case, he's too stupid to win an Eagle Scout badge.

and rosa parks showed a lack of character when she refused to give up her seat on the bus. if she didn't like the way the montgomery bus system worked, she should have walked to work, right?

he was a kid.

besides, someone really did have to stand up to this homophobic organisation sooner or later. what? he is supposed to announce he is gay? i don't see a whole lot of scouts having to stand up and admit they are straight.

also, gay people are a protected class and the boy scouts are tax exempt. take away that status and they will go under.

how would you feel if they had seperate troops, one for white scouts and one for black scouts...or one for christian scouts and one for jewish scouits.

He was not expected to announce that he's gay, the Boy Scouts' spokesman made that clear in their statement. I don't believe that the solution is to have the government step in and start dictating who private organizations can and cannot admit.

he was a kid.

The scouts is a Christian organization. Get over it.

The lefties hate Boy Scouts. Anything that stands for traditional family values is suspect and must be rooted out.

Gay kids rule!

Another brainless rw who gives not one moment of thought before posting lies.

I wonder why they do that.

he was a kid.

He was not expected to announce that he's gay, the Boy Scouts' spokesman made that clear in their statement. I don't believe that the solution is to have the government step in and start dictating who private organizations can and cannot admit.

first of all, i was responding to katzndogs post.

second of all, i agree with you, but i don't i don't think they should receive tax exempt status.

Last edited:

he was a kid.

There are Muslim troops also. Get over it

In that case, he's too stupid to win an Eagle Scout badge.

Right. He should have known that the BSA leaders were homophobic dickheads.

he was a kid.

they may be christian, but they are not eclusively christian and recognise a number of faiths, including islamic faiths, judaism, buddhism, and a lot of other beliefs. alas, no druid land, no druid tune...and the dancing folk that precede that paraphrase of yeats.

so you think it would be alright if they excluded jews. how about blacks and latinos?

he was a kid.

first of all, i was responding to kayzndogs post.

second of all, i agree with you, but i don't i don't think they should receive tax exempt status.

If they meet all of the requirements set forth to be tax exempt and the government takes away their tax exempt status because of membership standards I don't see how that is not an attempt to coerce them into changing their membership standards (especially if it were done with the intent to prevent them from being able to operate).

he was a kid.

Rosa Parks was on a public bus. If Rosa Parks had jumped into the Catholic Church van and demanded to be taken to the Korean Presbyterian Church, you'd be right. If Rosa Parks wanted to go to the Korean Presbyterian Church, she would have had to walk.

Tax exempt doesn't mean non discriminatory. Mosques are not required to hold Mass in order to retain a tax exempt status. They are allowed to discriminate. Tax exempt status doesn't mean they don't discriminate. Tax exempt organizations discriminate all the time. They are tax exempt because they perform community services that benefit many people.

It has nothing to do with race and as long as the oath to God is satisfied nothing much to do with religion. If a Jewish or a black Scout can not obey the oath he takes when he becomes a Scout he should be expelled.

It's understandable that so many people find that oaths exist simply to be violated at whim leaning on the excuse that the oath itself was wrong when given. That's how come obama could have taken the oath of office and gets so much support when he violates it.

koshergrl
...traditional family values...
...The scouts is a Christian organization. Get over it...

Boy Scouts of America: Perversion files reveal decades of Child Abuse - Los Angeles Abusive Relationships | Examiner.com

Boy Scouts helped child molesters cover their tracks, files show - Los Angeles Times

Boy Scouts Face Release Of Damaging Child Sex Abuse Files

(Three links so you can't say its not true because of where it was published. There are many more links so if you don't like these, google it yourself.)

You defend the indefensible. Get over it.

If they meet all of the requirements set forth to be tax exempt and the government takes away their tax exempt status because of membership standards I don't see how that is not an attempt to coerce them into changing their membership standards (especially if it were done with the intent to prevent them from being able to operate).

they do meet those requirements, and i think those requirements should be changed. it is a very complicated issue, but bigotry isn't a complicated issue. bigotry is flat out wrong and the lessons that the boy scouts of america are teaching kids by their example are flat out wrong.

and i will go right back to the rosa parks example.

he was a kid.

Rosa Parks was on a public bus. If Rosa Parks had jumped into the Catholic Church van and demanded to be taken to the Korean Presbyterian Church, you'd be right. If Rosa Parks wanted to go to the Korean Presbyterian Church, she would have had to walk.

Tax exempt doesn't mean non discriminatory. Mosques are not required to hold Mass in order to retain a tax exempt status. They are allowed to discriminate. Tax exempt status doesn't mean they don't discriminate. Tax exempt organizations discriminate all the time. They are tax exempt because they perform community services that benefit many people.

It has nothing to do with race and as long as the oath to God is satisfied nothing much to do with religion. If a Jewish or a black Scout can not obey the oath he takes when he becomes a Scout he should be expelled.

It's understandable that so many people find that oaths exist simply to be violated at whim leaning on the excuse that the oath itself was wrong when given. That's how come obama could have taken the oath of office and gets so much support when he violates it.

rosa parks wasn't protesting tax codes. she was protesting bigotry...and for the record, it was "perfectly" legal for the montgomery bus driver to tell rosa parks to give up her seat, at that time, in montgomery.

Last edited:

he was a kid.

rosa parks wasn't protesting tax codes. she was protesting bigotry...and for the record, it was "perfectly" legal for the montgomery bus driver to tell rosa parks to give up her seat.

Rosa Parks was on a means of public conveyance. The Boy Scouts is considered a private organization. They can have internal rules, like the Catholic Church doesn't have to ordain muslim imams as Bishops. Rosa Parks was protesting bigotry against the public by a publicly owned transportation agency. Had it been a privately owned means of transportation that existed solely for the transportation of certain designated association members it would have been a much different ending.

they do meet those requirements, and i think those requirements should be changed. it is a very complicated issue, but bigotry isn't a complicated issue. bigotry is flat out wrong and the lessons that the boy scouts of america are teaching kids by their example are flat out wrong.

and i will go right back to the rosa parks example.

I'm not saying that I think that it is good to exclude homosexuals or that they are teaching kids a good lesson by doing so, but I don't think that the government should be the ones to fix it. If people disagree then they shouldn't join or support the Boy Scouts. Boy Scouts have been sending in their membership cards and Eagle Scouts have been sending back their Eagle Scout badges. That is what should be done by the people that want change, not call on the government to use coercion to fix it. Another group of organizations that is tax exempt is black fraternities (Kappa Alpha Psi, etc.). Should they be forced to accept white members to be tax exempt? I don't think so. As a private organization they should run the organization how they see fit. I agree with the previous poster about the Rosa Parks example, there is a difference between public and private organizations.

As well known as the prohibition against homosexuals is, I doubt if ANY Scouts or former Scouts is sending anything back.

Aside from giving this boy something to do, he did not at all benefit from being in the Scouts. He didn't develop character, he has no integrity and he lacks honesty. His being there was a waste of time and effort by the Scouts. What the Scouts should do is find out if, in fact, this kid was ever told by a Scout leader that his homosexuality would be dealt with or covered up, that leader should be expelled for teaching the kid how to lie.

Forum List

Back