Houston Flooding Could Have Been Prevented

I see this same shit where I live, time and time again, open land out in urban areas, concreted over for some big high rise or commercial development....trees, open land all pave over. Then the rain comes, and flooding. Oh and just for the record, I doubt if AA kept you from perusing a dream, you like most lazy white people couldn't cut the mustard

Is it possible for Blacks to be Racists and Bigots?

Will Black men ever learn how to help raise their own children?

Is it possible for Blacks to be Racists and Bigots?

Will Black men ever learn how to help raise their own children?

It is possible but not PC to utter. It gets one into the leftist/MSM racist circle jerk that keeps blacks down on the Democrat plantation.

Last edited:
Act of nature ? Sure, hurricanes are exactly that. But Hurricane Harvey’s massive troubles are as much man-made, as they are natural. A classic case of negligence gone wild, over generations.

Before Affirmative Action bumped me out of my graduate school of urban planning, I did manage to learn how lack of proper care of urban environments, can bring disaster on a catastrophic scale. The problem with Houston is too much real estate development, creating too little greenspace. Too much pavement (roads, parking lots, housing, etc), and not enough land left natural. When you pass a certain level of covered ground, you get flooding.

With soil, water can seep down into the earth. But with pavements, it lies on top, with nowhere to go, but build up higher (AKA flooding). Runoffs (streams , sewers, etc) quickly become saturated and useless.

In addition to the overdevelopment of land in the city, there is also the factor of underdevelopment of exit routes. Houston’s mayor (correctly) stated that mass evacuation was not feasible, due to the problem of traffic congestion, with dangers of accidents, and heat stroke deaths (that have occurred previously)

Again, lack of planning (or the ignoring of advice from city planners). Had more land been left unpaved (including roads), and more exit routes been constructed, Harvey would not be the catastrophe that it is.

In the old days, when roads and parking areas where dirt, generally, hurricanes’ effects were not as severe.
If they had just not voted for tRump it would have made a huge difference in the storms damage.

Fuck you!
My city was damn near destroyed and want to make jokes?
Permanent ignore.

Act of nature ? Sure, hurricanes are exactly that. But Hurricane Harvey’s massive troubles are as much man-made, as they are natural. A classic case of negligence gone wild, over generations.

Before Affirmative Action bumped me out of my graduate school of urban planning, I did manage to learn how lack of proper care of urban environments, can bring disaster on a catastrophic scale. The problem with Houston is too much real estate development, creating too little greenspace. Too much pavement (roads, parking lots, housing, etc), and not enough land left natural. When you pass a certain level of covered ground, you get flooding.

With soil, water can seep down into the earth. But with pavements, it lies on top, with nowhere to go, but build up higher (AKA flooding). Runoffs (streams , sewers, etc) quickly become saturated and useless.

In addition to the overdevelopment of land in the city, there is also the factor of underdevelopment of exit routes. Houston’s mayor (correctly) stated that mass evacuation was not feasible, due to the problem of traffic congestion, with dangers of accidents, and heat stroke deaths (that have occurred previously)

Again, lack of planning (or the ignoring of advice from city planners). Had more land been left unpaved (including roads), and more exit routes been constructed, Harvey would not be the catastrophe that it is.

In the old days, when roads and parking areas where dirt, generally, hurricanes’ effects were not as severe.

You blame affirmative action for you flunking out of grad school? I'd guess that AA didn't exist when you were a college student, gramps.

He didn't say flunked out you stupid motherfucker.

AA has been giving unqualified black boys a chance for over 56 years all in the name of making guilt ridden whites feel better.

Awww.

How sweet. You sad victims sure do stick together.

News flash. Once you get accepted into a graduate program, you don't get bumped unless you can't hack it.

Now fuck off, snowflake.

If they had just not voted for tRump it would have made a huge difference in the storms damage.

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

Fuck you to asshole.

You blame affirmative action for you flunking out of grad school? I'd guess that AA didn't exist when you were a college student, gramps.

AA has been giving unqualified black boys a chance for over 56 years all in the name of making guilt ridden whites feel better.

Awww.

News flash. Once you get accepted into a graduate program, you don't get bumped unless you can't hack it.

Now fuck off, snowflake.

I'll fuck off when you're man enough to step out from behind your keyboard and back it up. Time to shit or get off the pot, NL.

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

^^^^^^NL^^^^^^^^^

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

Fuck you to asshole.

too

Awww.

Now fuck off, snowflake.

I'll fuck off when you're man enough to step out from behind your keyboard and back it up. Time to shit or get off the pot, NL.

Ooooh! Tough guy!

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

Fuck you to asshole.

too

I hope your house burns to the ground...

Awww.

Now fuck off, snowflake.

Ooooh! Tough guy!

Says the one making demands of people. Has nothing to do with being a tough guy just a guy willing to give someone making demands of others a chance to back up his words. I'm more than willing to back up mine but you've shown you're not man enough to back up yours.

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

Fuck you to asshole.

too

Of course you do. You are a shit.

Awww.

Now fuck off, snowflake.

Ooooh! Tough guy!

Says the one making demands of people. Has nothing to do with being a tough guy just a guy willing to give someone making demands of others a chance to back up his words. I'm more than willing to back up mine but you've shown you're not man enough to back up yours.

Where shall we meet?

There's more to the Houston flooding blame. It is overdevelopment, with too much pavement (not enough natural, soft ground). But there's also a political side to it. Why do politicians grants permits, for all this development ? Surely their urban planners must be advising them against it.

When I traveled from California to Florida on Interstate 10, there was a tropical storm taking place. (Allison) I heard on the radio ("Houston's under water"). That was in 1989. So, with overdevelopment already a serious problem then, what did Houston politicians do for the past 28 years ? Grant more permits to pave over more soft earth, making the flooding situation worse and worse.

And why did they do this ? >> Because, greed-driven developers, with no thought about flooding or the security of the population, were PAYING them to grant those permits, that's why.

As long as political offices can be bought, and are more like auctions than elections, this terrible scenario will continue unabated.

Allison was in 2001.

I had just moved to Houston on the Day Allison came in...

When that much rain is dumped over an area that large in that short of a time, there is no way to prevent flooding. Had that been in an area with a lot of relief, the damage would have actually been much greater. For in such area the cities and towns are on the banks of the rivers and creeks. And those rivers and creeks would have been running at speeds and depths never before seen, the much of the town and cities would have literally been washed away.

I believe alluvial plain is the key to the flooding. Now I know many black men who are racist and still raise their family.

Fuck you!
Permanent ignore.

^^^^^snowflake^^^^^

Fuck you to asshole.

too

Of course you do. You are a shit.

The difference being that God knows how many people lost their homes,businesses and possibly their lives FOR REAL you dumb fucken degenerate!

It all still comes down to due diligence. People who buy and move into flood prone areas need to know what they're getting into and prepare.
My dad was born in a house on stilts on the banks of the Mississippi river. Apparently even uneducated people in the 1920's had more sense than the internet capable folks of today.

I know. Part of me wants to say......DO NOT rebuild. Or build higher with Hurricane roof/shutters or something? But then, look at CA? Almost no one has EarthQuake insurance (too costly). Tornadoes rip through the midwest without warning? Everyone wants to live along the coast.......FLA......upper East coast.....Tsunamis in NW or HI?

What the heck do you do? Make everyone go live on the high plains? There is no safe place. HOUSTON overbuilt as a location good for industry. Can't do that in Kansas with no port.

But as you say........flood areas........must build up higher could be step one? Some of those areas were expensive suburbs? KingsWood? Do they have to go on stilts too? Nothing is ever easy. What to do is not clear. Some areas of MO/ILL (along the Mississippi) they actually moved entire towns and rebuilt.......now called "NEW XXXXX".

Forum List

Back