How can a true Christian, a true believer in God, support Donald Trump?

I struggle to see trump as David. He was backed by billionaires and his cabinet was packed with businessmen pursuing their own interests and those of big business.
Donald Trump was a big success in business and he knew it. However, he wanted others to have their success in business as well. Politics is different. Wanting the success of others in the political world means one's personal defeat.

This is why I am against large corporations, they want to crush others as well. I think we have a prime example of this in Big Pharma with Medina and Pfizer trying to smash the Johnson and Johnson's vaccine.

Businesses do crush their competitors; government crushes even their own voters.

No he wasn't a big success in business. Look at his track record.

He had failures. He had success. I have had success in my own life. I've also had failures.

Unlike many, Mr. Trump wasn't my choice from the get-go. In that beginning field of Republicans he was precisely my middle choice. In my State, he was already the nominee before I had a chance to vote. Being solidly blue State, my State voted for Clinton, so my vote and my choice counted as nothing.

However, as President, I liked many of the things that he did; lower taxes, fewer regulations, independence of US gas. Army daughter was in Korea at that time, and under President Trump, the rumble over there calmed a bit. I also liked that he moved the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. He did not let the Russian Hoax stop him. I was once a journalist and have felt despair over the media long before President Trump--or for that matter, many other people. No one could get me to shut up about corporations buying up small town news media and how we would all live to regret it. President Trump called out the media. He was against abortion, he supported freedom of religion.

The Washington Swamp did not give him a fair shake, did not lend a hand to help the new kid on the block. You might even say there were very few in that Swamp who were what is being called here, as "true Christians" when it came to welcoming the stranger.

He had failures. He had success. I have had success in my own life. I've also had failures.

Unlike many, Mr. Trump wasn't my choice from the get-go. In that beginning field of Republicans he was precisely my middle choice. In my State, he was already the nominee before I had a chance to vote. Being solidly blue State, my State voted for Clinton, so my vote and my choice counted as nothing.

However, as President, I liked many of the things that he did; lower taxes, fewer regulations, independence of US gas. Army daughter was in Korea at that time, and under President Trump, the rumble over there calmed a bit. I also liked that he moved the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. He did not let the Russian Hoax stop him. I was once a journalist and have felt despair over the media long before President Trump--or for that matter, many other people. No one could get me to shut up about corporations buying up small town news media and how we would all live to regret it. President Trump called out the media. He was against abortion, he supported freedom of religion.

The Washington Swamp did not give him a fair shake, did not lend a hand to help the new kid on the block. You might even say there were very few in that Swamp who were what is being called here, as "true Christians" when it came to welcoming the stranger.

Trump moved the Embassy to Jerusalem and didn't geta thing in return.

How can a true Christian, a true believer in God, support Donald Trump? Donald Trump breaks the covenants of the Christian religion and almost every legitimate religion in the world.

This is the $64,000,000 question but there may be no good answer. It is a strange phenomenon that most likely is a product of the prevalence of cults.

Last edited:
How can a true Christian, a true believer in God, support Donald Trump? Donald Trump breaks the covenants of the Christian religion and almost every legitimate religion in the world.

By the same token, how can they support Biden?

Isn't his chosen religion totally against abortion?

Maybe Biden dissents, or maybe he just appreciates the fact that his role as POTUS should not include forcing his personal beliefs on others. At least he is trustworthy in this regard.

You are setting up a scenario in which voters would be forced to reject a candidate based on religion alone if the rule was that every member of every faith was required to march in lockstep with whoever makes the rules in their particular religious group.

At least Biden has an active spiritual life. Remember that the only alternative was to vote for Trump, who has zero interest in faith and ethics.

Maybe Biden dissents, or maybe he just appreciates the fact that his role as POTUS should not include forcing his personal beliefs on others. At least he is trustworthy in this regard.

You are setting up a scenario in which voters would be forced to reject a candidate based on religion alone if the rule was that every member of every faith was required to march in lockstep with whoever makes the rules in their particular religious group.

At least Biden has an active spiritual life. Remember that the only alternative was to vote for Trump, who has zero interest in faith and ethics.

Biden has an active spiritual life? Trump has zero interest in faith and ethics? How do
you know? Biden has no interest in forcing his personal beliefs on others? Seems to
me that he is highly supportive of people with exactly such agendas

Last edited:
yea like all the other presidents were just so righteous....
Harry ,,whataboutism?? So beneath you
the talk is about how your buddy trump shits on religion....i just pointed out all the others were probably hypocrites too.....yes even the ones you followed without question eddy....
Wrong Harry I question everyone ,even my only 2 friends ,both bartenders
i never see you question lefties here in this forum....but plenty of righties.....thats not everyone.....

the talk is about how your buddy trump shits on religion....i just pointed out all the others were probably hypocrites too.....yes even the ones you followed without question eddy....

Trump promotes conspiracy theories. No leader should do that.

thats not what this thread is about ......

The only alternative?

Many third party candidates to choose from.

and most just as incompetent as Biden and Trump.

(I didn't vote for them, either)

You voted for incompetence.

Trumpers voted for incompetence.

I won't vote to put an incompetent person in the WH.

Remember when Trump claimed Ted Cruz father was part of the JFK assasination?

Trump claimed nothing of the sort.

He merely pointed out that it was a rumor he had heard, not that it was true.

Right. wink, wink..

Trump always couches his vicious slanders and conspiracy theories in "I heard"..
"I heard" is a very weak accusation------I have never come across any
serious SLANDER OR LIBEL that got introduced with "..... I heard....."

Trump promotes conspiracy theories. No leader should do that.

thats not what this thread is about ......
the WIKI list is idiotic---- I wonder how that silly article got into WIKI

Right. wink, wink..

Trump always couches his vicious slanders and conspiracy theories in "I heard"..

Trump is coyly spreading lies like a viscious old woman. He knows what he's doing and its deliberate.

Washington DC is full of Embassies-----aren't they supposed to be in Country Capitals?
What was he supposed to GET in return. As to business------take a good look at
VERY WEALTHY BIDEN who owns the real estate of Delaware-----the DUMP state

Right. wink, wink..

Trump is coyly spreading lies like a viscious old woman. He knows what he's doing and its deliberate.
what lies?-----PS I never met a REAL LIAR who expressed his lies so tentatively as
"I heard............" Vicious old women do not say "I heard ........" They KNOW

Washington DC is full of Embassies-----aren't they supposed to be in Country Capitals?
What was he supposed to GET in return. As to business------take a good look at
VERY WEALTHY BIDEN who owns the real estate of Delaware-----the DUMP state

Trump crapped on the Palestinians and the Arab world, but he got his headline.

Forum List

Back