How do Independents support either major party right now?

in a way I think independents are worse that dems and repubes,,,most times all theyre waiting on is their cut and seldom value the constitution anymore that the dems or repubes,,,
We're more like the kids in the cafeteria, the majority of the school, just trying to eat our damn lunch during a food fight.

We wish you would stop, and we're wondering how much of a mess there will be to clean up if you ever do.

Being ‘neutral’ in the middle of a civil war is the lowest of the low.
Yes it is.

Some of you just don't understand what "independent" means, because you choose to think with your tribe. Independence is foreign to you.
“I don’t stand with Lincoln or Jefferson tribes, I’m a better American!”
Another misnomer of wingers. No one is better. We just wish you people would stop this.

Yes it is.

Some of you just don't understand what "independent" means, because you choose to think with your tribe. Independence is foreign to you.
Another misnomer of wingers. No one is better. We just wish you people would stop this.
Everyone is tired of you and Gator breaths holier than thou bullshit. Your both hardcore Leftards who’ll vote to make America Venezuela Jr.

The only possible third party candidate we will ever see would be an ultra-nationalist right winger. Trumpism is not going away any time soon.

Yes it is.

Everyone is tired of you and Gator breaths holier than thou bullshit. Your both hardcore Leftards who’ll vote to make America Venezuela Jr.
Too bad. If my posts traumatize you, put me on ignore.

I'll continue as is, whether you're whining or not.

The only possible third party candidate we will ever see would be an ultra-nationalist right winger. Trumpism is not going away any time soon.
That might be true. But the valley between the two parties is so wide right now that I don't know why someone hasn't stepped in.

A very worrisome possibility is that someone who might jump in has determined the country LIKES this madness and wouldn't vote for them.

If that's the case, we may be fucked for a while.

Yes it is.

Says the Leftard who whines about Trumps my farts don’t stink tweets that trigger him.

Yes it is.

Says the Leftard who whines about Trumps my farts don’t stink tweets that trigger him.
A fine Trump-level response, thanks.

As most of us (hopefully) know, Independents don't carefully reside in the exact middle of the political spectrum. That's just the shallow characterization used by partisan ideologues in a feeble effort to discredit those who choose to think for themselves. Independents will usually lean one way or the other, but they're just not afraid to hold that side fully accountable for its transgressions.

Okay, that said: With the Democratic Party clearly moving sharply to the Left, and the GOP now almost completely encased within their separate ideological/informational closed circuit, how is an Independent going to vote for the side to which they lean?

As for me, as much as I want to vote against Trump and the modern incarnation of the GOP, voting for Democrats on a national level is becoming less and less likely. So I'm keeping my eyes open for potential third party candidates.

I know we some REAL Independents here. What say you? How do you deal with this?
Same way you are; hoping for a good third party candidate to appear. I don't really know a lot about all the 3062 Democrats running. In 2016 I tried to straighten out all of those Republicans and got nothing but confused for no reason, since they all started falling by the wayside. So this time I will wait until they are down to about five or six (I live in a closed primary state, so there's no sense in me getting informed about all of them).
But I'm still hoping for an alternative better than "What's Aleppo" Johnson.
The question was posed to independents, not hyper-partisan regressives
I am an Independent. You are an idiot that makes shit up.
You are as independent as AOC
Do I spend my time telling you what you think? Usually I'm defending Dems because you folks are being so unfair. I just like fair, not necessarily the Dems. But that is never the focus of the discussion because all you want to talk about is ME. That's called trolling.
Every single opinion you ever offer here conforms to leftist orthodoxy.

You don't care about fair at all. Just within the last hour, you have been defending one of your fellow sheeple even though he is flat out lying.

Calling you on your dishonest crap is not trolling .it is telling it like it is.

You are too stupid to understand, but when you said one SIDE is unfair and so you took the other you ADMITTED you are a leftist hack .

Last edited:

A fine Trump-level response, thanks.
Funny how Mr Independent always attacks people right of AOC.

It's entertaining to watch those who conform to the leftist talking points with 100 percent fealty trying to claim they are independent.

I seldom see anybody on the right trying to pull the same lame stunt. They usually say right out that they are right wing.

Edit and I'm NOT talking about Mac, here.

That might be true But the valley between the two parties is so wide right now that I don't know why someone hasn't stepped in. A very worrisome possibility is that someone who might jump in has determined the country LIKES this madness and wouldn't vote for them. If that's the case, we may be fucked for a while.
I'd say the odds are a serious 3rd party challenge will come from the left in 2020.

The chasm within the party is Grand Canyon wide and will come to a head next year.

That might be true. But the valley between the two parties is so wide right now that I don't know why someone hasn't stepped in. A very worrisome possibility is that someone who might jump in has determined the country LIKES this madness and wouldn't vote for them. If that's the case, we may be fucked for a while.
I'd say the odds of a serious 3rd party challenge will come from the left in 2020.

The chasm within the party is Grand Canyon wide and will come to a head next year.
Yeah, that's possible too.

As most of us (hopefully) know, Independents don't carefully reside in the exact middle of the political spectrum. That's just the shallow characterization used by partisan ideologues in a feeble effort to discredit those who choose to think for themselves. Independents will usually lean one way or the other, but they're just not afraid to hold that side fully accountable for its transgressions.

Okay, that said: With the Democratic Party clearly moving sharply to the Left, and the GOP now almost completely encased within their separate ideological/informational closed circuit, how is an Independent going to vote for the side to which they lean?

As for me, as much as I want to vote against Trump and the modern incarnation of the GOP, voting for Democrats on a national level is becoming less and less likely. So I'm keeping my eyes open for potential third party candidates.

I know we some REAL Independents here. What say you? How do you deal with this?
Same way you are; hoping for a good third party candidate to appear. I don't really know a lot about all the 3062 Democrats running. In 2016 I tried to straighten out all of those Republicans and got nothing but confused for no reason, since they all started falling by the wayside. So this time I will wait until they are down to about five or six (I live in a closed primary state, so there's no sense in me getting informed about all of them).
But I'm still hoping for an alternative better than "What's Aleppo" Johnson.

The current third parties are often to the left of liberal Democrats, or fringe lunatic special interest groups.

Congress is not going to go third party, so they will still be Republicans and Democrats to deal with.

What would a third part candidate propose do that you would support?

Could not be anymore disappointed with both major party's, Richard Nixon looks great next to this bunch.
there are some people in the Republican party that are doing things that are very damaging to Democracy.
hey dumbass,,,we arent a democracy,,,
Aww, here we go again with the "We're a Republic" shit, as if it makes a difference in this context. lol

Wingers, if people who aren't obedient partisan sheep traumatize you this much, don't read the freaking thread.

This sobbing is becoming tedious.
You may want to tell that to our Hysterical House Dems and their lemmings.

Forum List

Back