🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How is it Congress can have a chaplain....

I don't care if the House and Senate have a chaplain, or if they begin each session prostrating before Gozer the Destructor. What I want to know is how the House and Senate have been able to get away with praying and paying a man of the cloth since 17-something, when the Pre-K at one of our local elementary schools, which is funded entirely by Federal grants, could not decorate with so much as a Christmas tree or Santa or stocking, or participate in the Christmas parties that the rest of the school were involved in. All because the Pre-K was funded by a Federal Grant.

I would appreciate a serious answer to that. Every time I hear about the chaplain for Congress I think of those poor Pre-K kids with their window covered over so they wouldn't see all the other kids celebrating Christmas. True story.

In a reversal, Speaker Ryan says the House chaplain will remain in his post

If that block grant money passes through state and local school administrator's hands, there's your answer.

Solution: Vet your local politicians thoroughly.
Are you saying the administrators misinterpreted the grant rules and restrictions? You realize they got holy hell for that ban X-mas in the Pre-K thing, from all the parents, relatives, other teachers, etc. So I'm sure they dug through the fine print again to be sure. Teachers aren't against kids having Christmas. If I'd been one of those parents, that fine print would have been changed or the administrator misinterpreting it would be working at McDonalds. That's for sure.

Way back when...schools had zero Federal funding. They were funded by the state and local communities, so the taxpayers had more say. Also, there were no Teacher's Unions.
Teachers Unions wouldn't be banning Christmas for 4 year olds. Believe me. Teachers Unions are made up of teachers.
I believe I have gotten two straight answers, though.
-Misinterpretation of the Federal grant restrictions by an overly cautious Paper Pusher in Augusta, or
-None of this banning religion in Federally funded programs comes from the Feds; it is all a function of the Courts.

freedom OF religion doesn't mean freedom FROM it

~S~
Then why must a program funded with Federal dollars ban Christmas?

They are not banning Christmas. Was this a parochial school. Also they should not have a Chaplin.
No. It was a public school and every other class has Christmas.

They should have interfaith. We are not a Christian nation. Due to the maj of people in the US , claiming to be Christian, and I say claiming to be, we are still not a Christian nation.

~S~

They are not banning Christmas. Was this a parochial school. Also they should not have a Chaplin.

They should have interfaith. We are not a Christian nation. Due to the maj of people in the US , claiming to be Christian, and I say claiming to be, we are still not a Christian nation.
I live in the land time forgot. Even the checkout girls still say Merry Christmas. No mosque or temple withiin 100 miles. That is not the argument to make here.

~S~

But it should mean you don't have to pay for it.

People pay for stuff all the time that they don’t want but are considered rights for others. Come on, your side wrote the book on that. Time to drink your own medicine.

Lets talk about the wall.

Let’s. And while your at it, let’s talk about paying for other people’s abortions. Let’s also talk about forcing religious organizations to pay for and provide abortions when they don’t want to.

~S~

People pay for stuff all the time that they don’t want but are considered rights for others. Come on, your side wrote the book on that. Time to drink your own medicine.

Let’s. And while your at it, let’s talk about paying for other people’s abortions. Let’s also talk about forcing religious organizations to pay for and provide abortions when they don’t want to.
No you don't. Take your abortion rant elsewhere, please.

Where is this pre K at and what school. So a daycare is fully funded by Federal dollars.

~S~

You are not , unless they are raped or had incest happen to them.

I don't care if the House and Senate have a chaplain, or if they begin each session prostrating before Gozer the Destructor. What I want to know is how the House and Senate have been able to get away with praying and paying a man of the cloth since 17-something, when the Pre-K at one of our local elementary schools, which is funded entirely by Federal grants, could not decorate with so much as a Christmas tree or Santa or stocking, or participate in the Christmas parties that the rest of the school were involved in. All because the Pre-K was funded by a Federal Grant.

I would appreciate a serious answer to that. Every time I hear about the chaplain for Congress I think of those poor Pre-K kids with their window covered over so they wouldn't see all the other kids celebrating Christmas. True story.

Tackling the issue from one particular angle, one could look towards the issue educational value. If you allow for Christmas, then you must allow for every religious faith that participated in public education. That in itself can take time away from educating a basic skill or knowledge that can beneficial towards your career.

However, on using that argument, we find shop class is no longer being taught as fulfilling an “educational requirement”, yet at the same time there is a move towards teachihg regarding transgender classes and global warming being taught to our children. So can you honestly say it’s about providing a needed skill towards an educational benefit, or personal means of providing “influence”? Religion, can also be deemed as an influential part of a child’s upbringing as well through teachings. It comes down to how you want to influence your kids, but it’s not about a providing a necessary requirement towards a much needed skill.

An argument can be made for English and English composition, United States History, Math, science each having a skill benefit. Also shop class or even some form of financial accounting can have a benefit. However, topics like religion or transgender studies, speaks more to behavior than anything else. The question just comes down how much time are we imparting to our children that leads them towards a developed skill that aids them in obtaining a future career.

The Death Of Shop Class And America's Skilled Workforce

Transgender Agenda & Schools -- Some Won’t Even Let Parents Opt Out | National Review

Where is this pre K at and what school. So a daycare is fully funded by Federal dollars.

~S~

You are not , unless they are raped or had incest happen to them.
You know I'm not going to identify that. Do you think I'm lying?

No, I do not think you are lying but as a taxpayer I do not want my tax dollars fully funding a daycare.

~S~

It’s a rant about paying for things that people don’t want to pay for. Are you saying that taxpayer funded abortions are without taxpayers that don’t want to pay for them?

Tackling the issue from one particular angle, one could look towards the issue educational value. If you allow for Christmas, then you must allow for every religious faith that participated in public education. That in itself can take time away from educating a basic skill or knowledge that can beneficial towards your career.

However, on using that argument, we find shop class is no longer being taught as fulfilling an “educational requirement”, yet at the same time there is a move towards teachihg regarding transgender classes and global warming being taught to our children. So can you honestly say it’s about providing a needed skill towards an educational benefit, or personal means of providing “influence”? Religion, can also be deemed as an influential part of a child’s upbringing as well through teachings. It comes down to how you want to influence your kids, but it’s not about a providing a necessary requirement towards a much needed skill.

An argument can be made for English and English composition, United States History, Math, science each having a skill benefit. Also shop class or even some form of financial accounting can have a benefit. However, topics like religion or transgender studies, speaks more to behavior than anything else. The question just comes down how much time are we imparting to our children that leads them towards a developed skill that aids them in obtaining a future career.

The Death Of Shop Class And America's Skilled Workforce

Transgender Agenda & Schools -- Some Won’t Even Let Parents Opt Out | National Review
I would hope global warming is being taught. They taught us about DNA and cellular mitosis, too, because it is established scientific fact.
They aren't teaching transgender studies at our local elementary schools. Just not to bully anyone for being different. Go cry about it.
I don't really understand how a 4 year old kid having a paper stocking which the teacher fills with pencils and a few treats on the day of the Christmas party is teaching religion or takes away from their academic achievement. C'mon. Get with the real world here. They're 4.

No, I do not think you are lying but as a taxpayer I do not want my tax dollars fully funding a daycare.
My understanding is that it is a Pre-K, not a daycare. I realize sometimes they have extended hours that turn them into defacto daycares, but I have been told it was a Pre-K program.
And why would you not want your tax dollars funding a daycare, even if that were the case? Having children safely housed with professionals in charge so that parents can afford to go to work is a good thing in my book. Nowhere near enough of it,imo. If there were a whole lot more of them, you would see the welfare rolls REALLY dwindle. Trust me on that.

Ah, you have posed the question that has no answer. Well done.

I do that all the time, hope you get better results.

It’s a rant about paying for things that people don’t want to pay for. Are you saying that taxpayer funded abortions are without taxpayers that don’t want to pay for them?
That's still not the topic, is it? Try reading the OP. And forgive my slight drift below.

~S~

Ho, Hokay, Obummer.

Prove the US is not a Christian nation.

Forum List

Back