Zone1 How would you feel about God if he

You are right we couldn't possibly have any data to support this. All we have is our little universe small u.

Yes our universe began. Yes it did. And it was very small surrounded by what you would call nothing. And our universe expanded into nothing. It continues expanding in to that nothingness. Where's the edge? It's unknowable. But it's probably infinite just like your god.
Space time is curved so there is no boundary or edge. Google it.

God is incorporeal. Eternal and unchanging. God is infinite. The universe isn't. The universe only exists in the mind of God.
And our universe wasn't or isn't his only universe in the Universe.

You think god sat idle for billions of years prior to 14 billion years ago when he birthed our universe?

Maybe he had another universe for 32 billion years before he made ours.

Let me ask you a question. When you blow a bubble do you ever just blow one? When you chew gum do you only make one bubble? Or when you blow soap bubbles for your kids. Do you only blow one bubble then stop?

We have...
  1. CMB
  2. Red shift
  3. FLoT
  4. Quantum mechanics
  5. Einstein's field equations
All of which point to the universe beginning. So we have tons of data that tell us the universe is not infinite. Because...

IF THE UNIVERSE BEGAN IT CANNOT BE INFINITE IN SIZE.
Yes this universe. I can't believe you don't get it. Are you getting angry? I see all caps.

Let's try this. If your god is infinite then it was always infinite and never happened. There's no data to support your god hypothesis. All the data supports god had a beginning. When your ancestors made him up.
Incorrect. The correct analogy is that if the universe is infinite then the universe was always infinite. God is infinite so God was always infinite. That's how infinity works.

And our universe wasn't or isn't his only universe in the Universe.

You think god sat idle for billions of years prior to 14 billion years ago when he birthed our universe?

Maybe he had another universe for 32 billion years before he made ours.

Let me ask you a question. When you blow a bubble do you ever just blow one? When you chew gum do you only make one bubble? Or when you blow soap bubbles for your kids. Do you only blow one bubble then stop?
Who knows how many other creations may exist. I don't rule any of that out.

Time is meaningless outside of space and time. God is incorporeal. As such there is no such thing as space or time for God.

Space time is curved so there is no boundary or edge. Google it.
Yes infinitely. In every direction.

Please answer my question. 2 seconds after the big bang how big was the universe? Is it bigger now? How? You say this universe is all there is and all there ever was and all there ever will be. There is nothing beyond our universe you say. But that was true 2 seconds after the big bang. Yet the universe hadn't eaten into as much as the nothingness as it has to date. It's much bigger and getting bigger. How is that possible? It's going into the unknown.

You're stuck in our little u universe. Can someone else explain it to ding?

Who knows how many other creations may exist. I don't rule any of that out.

Time is meaningless outside of space and time. God is incorporeal. As such there is no such thing as space or time for God.
And no beginning and end. No edge where he can no longer travel. Correct? Even beyond our universe.

Quit putting god in a box.

OR, consider you just admitted that god can travel beyond our universe where there is no such thing as space or time. That's where I'm talking about. Infinite is what that is. With an occasional universe sprinked in. Googles of universes in infinite nothing.

Incorrect. The correct analogy is that if the universe is infinite then the universe was always infinite. God is infinite so God was always infinite. That's how infinity works.
I think you are calling the Universe god. The Universe is infinite. There is no need for a god.

Yes infinitely. In every direction.

Please answer my question. 2 seconds after the big bang how big was the universe? Is it bigger now? How? You say this universe is all there is and all there ever was and all there ever will be. There is nothing beyond our universe you say. But that was true 2 seconds after the big bang. Yet the universe hadn't eaten into as much as the nothingness as it has to date. It's much bigger and getting bigger. How is that possible? It's going into the unknown.

You're stuck in our little u universe. Can someone else explain it to ding?
Incorrect. You would return to where you started from. So not infinite in size.

I already told you. The universe exists in the mind of God which has no physical dimensions. God is incorporeal, not corporeal. The material world is made up of mind stuff.

And no beginning and end. No edge where he can no longer travel. Correct? Even beyond our universe.

Quit putting god in a box.

OR, consider you just admitted that god can travel beyond our universe where there is no such thing as space or time. That's where I'm talking about. Infinite is what that is. With an occasional universe sprinked in. Googles of universes in infinite nothing.
There is no thing which is corporeal beyond our universe. Our universe exists in the mind of God, who is incorporeal. The material world is made up of mind stuff. The material world can only be made manifest by mind because the material world was made manifest by mind. Everything is information. Information is incorporeal. Information is mind stuff.

I think you are calling the Universe god. The Universe is infinite. There is no need for a god.
The painter is not the painting, so no, I'm not calling the universe God.

Can you post a link to a scientific study that claims the universe is infinite in size?

I think you are confusing the universe being eternal into the future (which it is) with the size of the universe being infinite. Those are two different things.

You can't go from something that is finite in size to infinite in size. The universe can expand eternally but that still does not make its size at any point during its expansion infinite.

Incorrect. You would return to where you started from. So not infinite in size.

I already told you. The universe exists in the mind of God which has no physical dimensions. God is incorporeal, not corporeal. The material world is made up of mind stuff.
God exists in the nothingness in which we are expanding into. He and that nothingness go on forever. He may have more universes too. I doubt ours is the only one he has. He is god you know.

The painter is not the painting, so no, I'm not calling the universe God.

Can you post a link to a scientific study that claims the universe is infinite in size?

I think you are confusing the universe being eternal into the future (which it is) with the size of the universe being infinite. Those are two different things.

You can't go from something that is finite in size to infinite in size. The universe can expand eternally but that still does not make its size at any point during its expansion infinite.
Our universe isn't eternal moving forward. It's got about another 23 billion years left. Eventually all the stars will die then what?

You think the universe is eternal? And nothing was here before? How stupid.

Let's ask 5 astronomers

Anna Moore, Astronomer - maybe​

The short answer is we don’t know.

Sara Webb, Astrophysicist - yes​

I believe so.

Tanya Hill, Astronomer - yes​

Sam Baron, Philosopher of Science - no​

Kevin Orrman-Rossiter, Science Historian - no​

The two who said no don't understand Universe compared to universe.

Here you go pal

God exists in the nothingness in which we are expanding into. He and that nothingness go on forever. He may have more universes too. I doubt ours is the only one he has. He is god you know.
You don't believe God exists. That's why we are having this discussion. I'm trying to give you a perception of God that is realistic because you have no realistic perception of God that anyone would believe in.

God is every extant attribute of reality.

Our universe isn't eternal moving forward. It's got about another 23 billion years left. Eventually all the stars will die then what?

You think the universe is eternal? And nothing was here before? How stupid.
I suggest you check the science on that. The universe is eternal into the FUTURE. The universe is not eternal into the PAST. The universe will eventually equilibrate in about 15 trillion years but it will still exist. Unless of course God chooses to destroy his creation which doesn't seem likely because everything God created is good.

Let's ask 5 astronomers

Anna Moore, Astronomer - maybe​

The short answer is we don’t know.

Sara Webb, Astrophysicist - yes​

I believe so.

Tanya Hill, Astronomer - yes​

Sam Baron, Philosopher of Science - no​

Kevin Orrman-Rossiter, Science Historian - no​

The two who said no don't understand Universe compared to universe.

Here you go pal

That isn't a scientific paper explaining why the universe is infinite in size. Nor does it address my point that if the universe is infinite in size then it must have always been infinite in size. Which we know to be false. Lastly if the universe is infinite it wouldn't be expanding. The very fact the universe is expanding means it cannot be infinite.

Forum List

Back