🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How would you save detroit?

Stop trying to reason with a Leftytoon. And yes it was called back in the 80's. It was called Robocop lol. Why people are acting like this is a surprise is hilarious.

We have the charge the culture of the population. Charge it from wanting free shit to one that wants to better its self.

How we do this??? I think by cutting the free shit and bringing a little tough luck into this is the answer.

This is what FDR did. He used government to put able bodied people to work mostly building infrastructure (and his methods were adopted by Truman and Eisenhower).

Infrastructure like roads, bridges, dams and energy grids have a massive multiplier effect for everything from commerce to living standards.

Reagan's father and brother were put to work during the Great Depression by an FDR work program. Read Reagan's first biography "Where's the Rest of Me?" - he was an FDR Democrat and talks about how FDR saved his family.

The government work programs of FDR, Truman and Eisenhower help put several generations of Americans to work building a Great Nation. Every American they put to work was also, as a direct result of being put to work, a consumer. This meant that the capitalist had to hire even more workers in order to keep up with the increased consumer demand. It was a virtuous cycle and it lead to unprecedented economic growth in the 50s and 60s. It was the opposite of today's austerity. (Reagan and Clinton enjoyed smaller but respectable economic booms, but they were largely driven by the expansion of credit)

We can't fix the depression until we learn from history. The government must spur demand during depressions; then it must pull back after the engine has started again. The Great Depression was not fixed until the stimulus (and job creation) of the greatest government works program in history > WWII. The Americans that were put to work manufacturing war materials represented a tsunami of consumer demand that triggered the golden age of consumer capitalism. We have forgotten that lesson.

This is a great post. ;) I wonder if the republicans can point out a time in history their idea's worked.

This is just so sad.

There wasn't welfare prior to the Great Depression to remove anyone 'from.' The work programs were good for morale, but they didn't add to any sort of upswing, that would come with the moves towards war. Call it lend/lease or something else. We gave away our WWI remainders, then started manufacturing weapons, all to our soon to be allies.

None of the 'work projects' made a whit of difference in depression times.

i think you need a history check ... you haven't any clue in what you're talking about ... they called it before great depression ij 1911 the National Insurance system then changed the name to welfare ...so they did have it before the great depression ...

you speak of work programs, then try to imply people on welfare do not want to work... then you question their morals ... your time lines are all whacked in your post...

heres something for you to think about ... in 2012 there were 5.600,000 people on welfare according to the stats as we know them ... 313,000,000 live are in this country ... do the math that's .017 of the people on welfare ... really ... is this what you call excessive spending ??? when .078 of the national budget goes to welfare ... that you want to try and demonize it ?? really!!!!

here Obama has been trying to get work programs going ... building bridges, road work, water and gas systems restored many things that the government could get started... but your republicans and tea baggers keep trying to block every bill that is passed ... these welfare numbers go up ... then we hear from you republicans "see obama can't lead look at all the people on welfare and who are getting food stamps... you republicans block the work programs and then complain about people getting welfare and food stamps ... amazing ... just fucking amazing ... how you can question peoples morals is beyond me ...

Either abandon it

or....

Pass bills and resolutions to bulldoze abandoned houses and buildings that have been neglected by their owners (who have not complied with the warnings after 30-60 days) and then tackle crime head on by a large SWAT task force. This is the only time where I would be okay with a private prison existing because thats where everyone would go.
Then I would waive all taxes for businesses for 2 years guaranteed and create a strong law enforcement business protection program. Businesses would be protected and given breaks to grow.
I'd try to bring suburb manufacturing into the area with businesses like KB Home and make them all gated communities with great security. CCTV cameras will be placed at every intersection and all government buildings (all cameras will be visible and people will know where the cameras are at). Apartment towers will be against the law (Chicago has them, and there is nothing that law enforcement can do about the crime that goes on in them because of how they are)

Then once the initiative has been taken to turn the city around, education would be improved with very strong emphasis on extracurricular sports and summer camps, etc.

As usual, the money would need to come from the state or federal government because detroit is broke and there is no other way that it will be able to get the funding to do something about their situation. The money will be used for law enforcement, schooling, demolition, and everything basic. None of it will go toward solving the debt because that can wait. Their only hope is to try to turn the situation around or be stuck with that debt forever as they can't do anything about it.

To get investment capital, aka jobs, Detroit would have to offer Tax Free incentives to Investors and Dirt Cheap Property to build on. They would also have to transfer to a RIGHT TO WORK STATE MENTALITY. Even then Investors would be reluctant to Invest there as they have this opportunity to do the same thing in many other places in the country already. Detroit would be a hard place to choose by Investors.

Therefore the State would have to pitch in and give businesses a offer they can't refuse to bring investments there, and would have to probably go to a Right to Work State. If not, Detroit continues down the drain and rightfully so.

The rest of the country has there own problems and if Detroit ends up a ghost town the rest of the country will still go on.

Hell, turn it into a Museum or something and dedicate it to the Liberal Mindset. aka This is what happens when you allow these losers to run places.

Or make it into a Giant TV set for Zombie Movies as the place is already abandoned anyway.

California is doing the Detroit on a State Scale now, again run by Liberal Losers. There anti business stance has been running out Investment for decades and so the State is having Massive Deficits and they still don't understand that you can't attack Investors and expect them to stay there.

If Liberals get there way they will Detroit the whole dang country.

Just heard a stat on the tube...Detroit has 6.3 government employees PER CITIZEN...progtards paradise.

Last edited:
How would you save Detroit?

1. Remove all able bodied people off of welfare. We could focus on job programs(some federal money if needed). Abled bodied doesn't mean throw granny or the disabled dude onto the street.
2. Lower regs and make it easy to start a business.
3. Tax the income
4. Use the tax money to increase the police force to get control of the violence.
5. Outside investment can get into this area once 5. is done. Bigger stores, projects, etc.
6. Increase more to fund education to get more the 30% of the population able to read, write and do jobs.

Detroit needs to do this from the inside out. Somehow, I have my doubts about the population there, but I'm really hoping.

How would I save Detroit?

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Plow it all under and turn it into a memorial park for the once great American auto industry.

1. Remove all able bodied people off of welfare. We could focus on job programs(some federal money if needed). Abled bodied doesn't mean throw granny or the disabled dude onto the street.
3. Tax the income
4. Use the tax money to increase the police force to get control of the violence.
5. Outside investment can get into this area once 5. is done. Bigger stores, projects, etc.
6. Increase more to fund education to get more the 30% of the population able to read, write and do jobs.

Detroit needs to do this from the inside out. Somehow, I have my doubts about the population there, but I'm really hoping.

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Is that all? You don't think that you coud perhaps, find something more powerful?

3. Tax the income

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Is that all? You don't think that you coud perhaps, find something more powerful?

No need for overkill.

3. Tax the income

Who would want to save Detroit?

They made their own bed. Let them lie in it!

Just heard a stat on the tube...Detroit has 6.3 government employees PER CITIZEN...progtards paradise.

I wonder how much just one private sector worker supports? One per 12.6 government employees? ???? HOLY CRAP!!!

3. Tax the income

Make Detroit a Tax Free Zone

Remove the City's power to regulate businesses

Blow it off the map or turn in to a HUGE penal colony.. then libruls once convicted will feel right at home!

Hey....they don't need saving! I just watched on the news last night (I'm from Michigan) that Meijer (which is a big retail co in this area....sorta like Walmart) opened a big super center in the heart of Detroit...grand opening today!! Wonder what they're thinking now....they were just finishing this thing off when the bankruptcy was announced! Wonder what they're thinking now....

Forum List

Back