Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

That action puts him on the same level of a former Illinois State Senator who thinks a botched aborted baby struggling for life on a table should still be left to the decision between the mother and the doctor.

You don't know my opinion on abortion asshole so don't take this conversation to a place you might regret. If Mike Huckabee is a pastor he must be the most morally deranged religious figurehead on earth
Sane people do not arrive at this kind of conclusion. There is no scripture or passage that should justify a ten year old endure this kind of pain and misery. No wonder atheism is emptying churches right and left.
Oh but I do know it even if you lie about it. Your hatred for Christian values prove it

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Mike Huckabee can show the world what a good Christian man he is today by adopting that child and taking care of the other child until she is an adult. If not, all he proves is that he's full of shit. None of you have a clue what being a good Christian really is.
Huckabee most likely does more good then you ever will so your ignorant straw man that he had to take care of a child not his because he doesn't wish it dead does prove your lack of morality or understanding

She got raped and that should be the only thing you should be thinking about. The mention of carrying a child to full term for a ten year old shouldn't even be in your psyche and you are a sick fuck for even proposing it.
The baby didn't commit the rape

It was an egg before it became a fertilized egg before it became a fetus before it became a baby.

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

That action puts him on the same level of a former Illinois State Senator who thinks a botched aborted baby struggling for life on a table should still be left to the decision between the mother and the doctor.

Yeah, I've heard that story. Please share the "full" story with us.

Obama and Infanticide

FACT CHECK: The Truth About Obama's Abortion Record

Last edited:
You don't know my opinion on abortion asshole so don't take this conversation to a place you might regret. If Mike Huckabee is a pastor he must be the most morally deranged religious figurehead on earth
Sane people do not arrive at this kind of conclusion. There is no scripture or passage that should justify a ten year old endure this kind of pain and misery. No wonder atheism is emptying churches right and left.
Oh but I do know it even if you lie about it. Your hatred for Christian values prove it

Mike Huckabee can show the world what a good Christian man he is today by adopting that child and taking care of the other child until she is an adult. If not, all he proves is that he's full of shit. None of you have a clue what being a good Christian really is.
Huckabee most likely does more good then you ever will so your ignorant straw man that he had to take care of a child not his because he doesn't wish it dead does prove your lack of morality or understanding

She got raped and that should be the only thing you should be thinking about. The mention of carrying a child to full term for a ten year old shouldn't even be in your psyche and you are a sick fuck for even proposing it.

That's correct and now at 5 months the child's life will be in danger because she is too young to fully support child birth. You do know that if she dies in this process that makes you complicit in her murder.

Obama and Infanticide

I would have been completely in, fully in support of the federal bill that everybody supported – which was to say – that you should provide assistance to any infant that was born – even if it was as a consequence of an induced abortion.

So where and how was said former senator in favor of bill other than " I would have...."?

Obama and Infanticide

I would have been completely in, fully in support of the federal bill that everybody supported – which was to say – that you should provide assistance to any infant that was born – even if it was as a consequence of an induced abortion.

So where and how was said former senator in favor of bill other than " I would have...."?

Read the links I provided. They are self-explanatory. You can do it. It ain't that hard...

It was an egg before it became a fertilized egg before it became a fetus before it became a baby.
It being a egg is a come on par with rape? You are a idiot

That's correct and now at 5 months the child's life will be in danger because she is too young to fully support child birth. You do know that if she dies in this process that makes you complicit in her murder.
Cry me a river why don't you look up if the child is adopted out you hypocritical douche

I guess the new campaign slogan for the democrats can be " we hate babies and think mote should be killed" it would be more honest

Cry me a river why don't you look up if the child is adopted out you hypocritical douche

See that's your problem, you have no regard for the 10 year old mother. Yes, the child might be adopted out, but if that 10 year old dies in labor you're values are on display for responsibility in that death. You have a double quandary here but you only care about half the equation.

I read 'em. Depends on what your people's definition of is is. By your own quote, "deemed necessary to save a woman's life"....you are mapping that to a child grabbing on for life as he was left to die on a table by himself. Guess the woman was spared. That is what you are saying. Ready your own quote.

Obama and Infanticide

Read the links I provided. They are self-explanatory. You can do it. It ain't that hard...

Is that all you lowlife give a shit about ? How about the girls mental health over being RAPED. you abortion lovers could give a crap less about anyone. ONLY if you can USE THEM for your sick and twisted Agenda

You are just as sick as the rapist . No only is she raped by him, she is then raped by you Pro-death abortion lovers

I am an addiction counselor and I have worked with a situation just like this, only the girl was a bit older.

Forcing a 10 year year old to have the baby by a sick step father who probubly has been raping her for years will just add to the trauma and PTSD . Making a baby go through the truama of giving birth to a baby will basically be the icing on the shit cake that throws her over the edge.
She will probubly end up on welfare, on meth or some kind of major drug to numb the pain laying around because she can not deal with any feelings.

The same shit head Huckafuck would want to throw her out on the street to die because she is a deadbeat.
Saving a life you say, while slowly killing a 10 year old.

That is fucked up thinking.

~

I guess the new campaign slogan for the democrats can be " we hate babies and think mote should be killed" it would be more honest

I think I'll start calling evangeliclowns, simple repressed, Christianity-bastardizing, assclowns.

That is being too kind to people like them.

Huckabee s hard line on abortion 10-year-old rape victim should have to carry child

This guy is sickening. How can he dictate such a thing? He will never have to carry to term a child, much less as a ten year old and the result of rape. Do people like him reallly think this kind of cruelty is what their god wants?

This is just sickening, and this guy wants to be president....how out of touch with reality the GOP has become.

He makes me sick. He's nothing but a sleazy Bible thumping salesman. What an asshole!

Huckabee s hard line on abortion 10-year-old rape victim should have to carry child

This guy is sickening. How can he dictate such a thing? He will never have to carry to term a child, much less as a ten year old and the result of rape. Do people like him reallly think this kind of cruelty is what their god wants?

This is just sickening, and this guy wants to be president....how out of touch with reality the GOP has become.
What's just as sickening is there are many others on the right who agree with him – some on this very forum.

No should rape should be forced to carry and give birth to the result of that rape.
Children's bodies are not designed to give birth. Mentally is they are not old enough to engage in sex, why would anyone in their right mind expect them to understand and not be totally scared being pregnant for nine months, and all the body changes that goes with it?

No woman of any age should be forced to carry and give birth against her will.

Forum List

Back