I Don't Think Many Of You Know What "Confronted" Means

A person who makes a citizen's arrest could risk exposing him or herself to possible lawsuits or criminal charges (such as charges of impersonating police, false imprisonment, kidnapping, or wrongful arrest) if the wrong person is apprehended or a suspect's civil rights are violated.[citation needed] This is especially so when police forces are attempting to determine who an aggressor is.

Citizen's arrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I say go ahead! I hope he's waiting for them with an uzi.

really? I would hope the authorities are doing their jobs. Zimmerman should be under surveillance for his own protection and that of the community.

Zimmerman under surveillance?

ssohtheirony.png

No arrest; and Zimmerman has the opportunity to have any firearm he can get his paws on. The killing of Martin was with any automatic firearm; it appears Zimmerman is well versed in this area.

The police chief quit a couple of days ago. Anyone who attempts to 'protect' Zimmerman will be hauled out and lynched. No one with any balls is going to stand up in this case. And if it ever does get to a jury, no one who wants to live to be old will vote not guilty.

ssohthehorror.png

the leftists aren't the only kooks posting on this subject

Citizen's arrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I say go ahead! I hope he's waiting for them with an uzi.

Zimmerman might wish to do so. The March 16th story appears to be a loudmouth yapping however. Zimmerman remains free, alive, and able to purchase any firearms allowed by law, as of today.

Why not? He hasn't been convicted of any crime. The black militia group really should read up on Florida's Stand Your Ground Law because there's no authority for a citizen's arrest and Zimmerman could blow each and every one of them away.

The "militia" should disband; Zimmerman can do as he pleases. He "Sure got that right".

LYNYRD SKYNYRD LYRICS - You Got That Right

I believe that the group in question is the New Black Panthers. They are asking for a group of 5000 volunteers to find and capture Zimmerman, and a reward of $10k to the person who does.

Biggest racist group in history. Makes the Klan look like saints.

I believe that the group in question is the New Black Panthers. They are asking for a group of 5000 volunteers to find and capture Zimmerman, and a reward of $10k to the person who does.

Najee Muhammad, a member of the New Black Liberation Militia, announced Thursday that members of the group plan to take the 28-year-old Zimmerman to federal authorities since local police haven't acted. - from link in OP - There is no mention of citizen's arrests in Florida's criminal statutes but state courts have cited common law in establishing when such an arrest can be made. The crime has to be a felony. It has to be witnessed by the citizen making the arrest or the citizen has to have probable cause that the person being arrested is guilty of a felony.

are some militias created more than equal?

Last edited:
The police chief quit a couple of days ago. Anyone who attempts to 'protect' Zimmerman will be hauled out and lynched. No one with any balls is going to stand up in this case. And if it ever does get to a jury, no one who wants to live to be old will vote not guilty.

ssohthehorror.png

the leftists aren't the only kooks posting on this subject

I don't see your face out there protecting him.

I hope there are 5000 uzis waiting for them.

Little community support for the NBP; the Southern Poverty Law Center, among others, have denounced the group:

"We believe in a message of justice, not hate," said Brown, who was in town to pray at the memorial and attend the Monday event at Sanford's Civic Center. "We believe justice will come through the court system."

Brown, who is also the Chief executive officer of Feed Our Children, said he has been meeting with other Christian ministers to discuss the case.

While the Panthers chanted behind him, Brown said "I see parallel versions of how we are coping with this as a community. Some in anger and us, in prayer. But we are in America where we have our rights to expression."

Sanford resident James Tucker said the party's message is about vengeance not justice and will rouse a "lynch mob" that could spiral out of control into a race riot.

"I'm as much for black power as anybody but this is going to alienate the white friends we need to get things done," Tucker said, as he stood across the street from the demonstration.

Former Orange-Osceola County prosecutor Esther Whitehead said the Panthers' bounty opens them up to civil and possibly criminal liability.

"I can't see how anyone can go out and take action as a private citizen without some government action like the issuance of a warrant," she said. "It doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound reasonable."

The Southern Poverty Law Center says the New Black Panther Party, a black-separatist group founded in 1989, is "virulently racist and anti-Semitic," and its leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law officers.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman - Orlando Sentinel

Little community support for the NBP; the Southern Poverty Law Center, among others, have denounced the group:

"We believe in a message of justice, not hate," said Brown, who was in town to pray at the memorial and attend the Monday event at Sanford's Civic Center. "We believe justice will come through the court system."

Brown, who is also the Chief executive officer of Feed Our Children, said he has been meeting with other Christian ministers to discuss the case.

While the Panthers chanted behind him, Brown said "I see parallel versions of how we are coping with this as a community. Some in anger and us, in prayer. But we are in America where we have our rights to expression."

Sanford resident James Tucker said the party's message is about vengeance not justice and will rouse a "lynch mob" that could spiral out of control into a race riot.

"I'm as much for black power as anybody but this is going to alienate the white friends we need to get things done," Tucker said, as he stood across the street from the demonstration.

Former Orange-Osceola County prosecutor Esther Whitehead said the Panthers' bounty opens them up to civil and possibly criminal liability.

"I can't see how anyone can go out and take action as a private citizen without some government action like the issuance of a warrant," she said. "It doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound reasonable."

The Southern Poverty Law Center says the New Black Panther Party, a black-separatist group founded in 1989, is "virulently racist and anti-Semitic," and its leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law officers.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman - Orlando Sentinel

Good on the SPLC and the others. All for naught if the NBPs get their 5000 people.

Makes the Klan look like saints.

You're right, there were numerous Saints which had people executed - often in cruel and inhumane ways - for not being the right religion. It is very similar.

It was the saints that were executed in some cruel, inhumane and innovative ways.

10 Excruciating Martyrdoms of Early Christianity - Oddee.com (saint hippolytus)

This doesn't include the Christians murdered today for their faith.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................................

Wake me up when you have something relevant to say.

Some NBP followers will get drugged up, drunked up, and go on the hunt. Completely forgetting that Florida still has a stand your ground law, Zimmerman still has his gun(s) and with this kind of publicity he can rack up quite a body count and STILL not be charged with a crime.

That leaves the general riot. Burn homes and businesses, this is an election year. We really need a good riot.

Good on the SPLC and the others. All for naught if the NBPs get their 5000 people.

If 5000 Uzis await them, as Sunshine wishes, it will be all for naught. If they have the $10,000 it will be a surprise.

Makes the Klan look like saints.

You're right, there were numerous Saints which had people executed - often in cruel and inhumane ways - for not being the right religion. It is very similar.

It was the saints that were executed in some cruel, inhumane and innovative ways.

10 Excruciating Martyrdoms of Early Christianity - Oddee.com (saint hippolytus)

This doesn't include the Christians murdered today for their faith.

Thomas Moore had about a half dozen people burned alive for their religious beliefs, so its only fitting he was himself executed.

Robert Bellarmine sat in judgment of Giordano Bruno and concurred with the decision to put him to death for his religion.

Sorry but there are numerous examples of "Saints" who had no problem with putting people to death merely for professing a different faith. That's about the moral equivalent of a KKK lynching if you ask me.

Militia group to attempt citizen's arrest in Fla. shooting of Trayvon Martin

What happened with this, and what does the progressive left say about this particular Militia group?

Militia group to attempt citizen's arrest in Fla. shooting of Trayvon Martin - Crimesider - CBS News

Must be a group of sovereign citizens.

A rather small group of haters. they denounce violence then offer rewards for kidnapping......

They are also pretty gutless. Otherwise, they would have done it by now. Notice how the self-styled leaders ask for someone else to do something they are unwilling to do themselves.

Forum List

Back