I eat Tacos to show I love Hispanics

I kind of think the commercialized version of mexican food might be exaggerated quite a lot. Who puts that much spice on their food?

Mexicans do. But not the spices Americans think.

Chiles are the core essence of the Mexican spice palate, which goes back thousands of years. Lime and cilantro round out the fundamental seasonings of Mexican food. But you are correct in that Mexican food isn't truly "spicy." It's just that it uses seasonings that are relatively potent. Most Mexican food will not tend to be "hot" and is actually fairly delicate in terms of its usage of spice. Authentic Mexican tends to use less salt than American attempts to replicate it.

It's also important to note that many Americans think of Mexican food in terms of particular dishes, which is actually simplistic. A crunchy taco is no more Mexican than a California roll is Japanese. Meanwhile, grilled steaks can be 100% Mexican, when cooked a certain style. But then, people pay a premium over regular grilled steak for "carne adada" for their wedding menu, not realizing that what they are going to actually get is carne asada ingredients prepared with the same style as the regular steaks. In other words, they are getting plain old grilled steaks that magically taste better when you pay an extra $2 a piece.

Okay, I can't help it. Time to put this "authentic Mexican food" in its place.

Before the arrival of the Spanish, there was no beef, pork, chicken, lamb or goat. So there was no cheese of any kind. Tomatoes come from Peru, along with potatoes. Rice came by way of Manila from India. Lettuce and Cilantro are purely European, North African, and Asian. Flour made of wheat or other similar grains came from Europe too.

So, what IS Mexican?

Corn , Chayote, Mexican squash and, pinto beans, were called The Three Sisters, the staples of MesoAmerica. All chilis originated in Mexico, Protein came from fish, birds and animals native to the continent but, for the common people, insects played a major part in their diet. The most common food was atole, a gruel with fruits or other things added when available. That and corn meal tortillas. Prickly pear leaves were also eaten, Nopal. Those living in the Sonora Desert also favored the fruits of certain cacti.

So, next time you eat a flour taco, there is absolutely nothing Mexican about it!!!

Real traditional Mexican food is not all that good. All starch and protein...no cheese or veggies. It was when Mexican recipes and Texas recipes came together that the north American Burrito and Taco were created. Yummy! I'm going to Taco's locos tonight...

As an Arizonan, I'm a fan of chimichangas.

Before the arrival of the Spanish, there was no beef, pork, chicken, lamb or goat. So there was no cheese of any kind. Tomatoes come from Peru, along with potatoes. Rice came by way of Manila from India. Lettuce and Cilantro are purely European, North African, and Asian. Flour made of wheat or other similar grains came from Europe too.

So, what IS Mexican?

Corn , Chayote, Mexican squash and, pinto beans, were called The Three Sisters, the staples of MesoAmerica. All chilis originated in Mexico, Protein came from fish, birds and animals native to the continent but, for the common people, insects played a major part in their diet. The most common food was atole, a gruel with fruits or other things added when available. That and corn meal tortillas. Prickly pear leaves were also eaten, Nopal. Those living in the Sonora Desert also favored the fruits of certain cacti.

So, next time you eat a flour taco, there is absolutely nothing Mexican about it!!!

Yeah, um, you're not talking about Mexicans. You're talking about Aztecs.

And I have no idea why, because who really gives a rat's fart about "That's not AUTHENTIC!" Who said it was, or had to be?

Donald_J__Trump_on_Twitter___Happy__CincoDeMayo__The_best_taco_bowls_are_made_in_Trump_Tower_Grill__I_love_Hispanics__https___t_co_ufoTeQd8yA_https___t_co_k01Mc6CuDI_.jpg

Hola Hombre! Yo Like-a Hispanics Mucho Mucho! Gracias Arriba Arriba poor favor

He probably watches Speedy Gonzalez cartoons also. What a Guy!

Donald_J__Trump_on_Twitter___Happy__CincoDeMayo__The_best_taco_bowls_are_made_in_Trump_Tower_Grill__I_love_Hispanics__https___t_co_ufoTeQd8yA_https___t_co_k01Mc6CuDI_.jpg

Hola Hombre! Yo Like-a Hispanics Mucho Mucho! Gracias Arriba Arriba poor favor
Lol the funniest thing about this is Trump's desperate/delusional claim that his taco bowls are the best. Is he too stupid to see how this would piss off Mexicans?

So, what IS Mexican?

Authentic Mexican taco shells are made from corn flour.

To get into the spirit of things like the leader of the Republican party....today for dinner
I am going to get
Eggplant Parm
Garlic Bread
Two Sicilian Slices w/extra cheese....

To show the Eye tallians that I love them....

eggplant parm....jpg

I kind of think the commercialized version of mexican food might be exaggerated quite a lot. Who puts that much spice on their food? Most cultures have their share of spicy food but it seems like the food sold in mexican resturants is spiced up quite a lot. Statistically it is impossible for that much spicy food to be the dominant food in a culture. I think it is the business side that spices it up and for some reason that sells.

Mehican food is pepper hot because the country has hot weather and little or no AC. Their food is designed to induce sweating when combined with a breeze gives a cooling sensation.
mexican%20sleep.gif

I've lived in Arizona since 1974 and eaten every kind of Mehican food there is and I would tell you that Taco Bell is as good, if not as "authentic" than any little barrio dive. With TB you know the chicken isn't rancid and the water on the lettuce is clean. One of the most popular chains here is "Garcias" and you and your honey can't get out of one of those bistros for less than $70-$80 for food you could make at home for $5.

Last edited:
I kind of think the commercialized version of mexican food might be exaggerated quite a lot. Who puts that much spice on their food? Most cultures have their share of spicy food but it seems like the food sold in mexican resturants is spiced up quite a lot. Statistically it is impossible for that much spicy food to be the dominant food in a culture. I think it is the business side that spices it up and for some reason that sells.

Mehican food is pepper hot because the country has hot weather and little or no AC. Their food is designed to induce sweating when combined with a breeze gives a cooling sensation.
mexican%20sleep.gif

I've lived in Arizona since 1974 and eaten every kind of Mehican food there is and I would tell you that Taco Bell is as good, if not as "authentic" than any little barrio dive. With TB you know the chicken isn't rancid and the water on the lettuce is clean. One of the most popular chains here is "Garcias" and you and your honey can't get out of one of those bistros for less than $70-$80 for food you could make at home for $5.

Authentic Mexican food actually is not that hot. You are thinking of "Tex Mex."

Forum List

Back