I have a problem with some of the rhetoric the left uses when talking about the wall

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
So when talking about the wall the left likes to imply that it won't serve any practical purpose. "People will dig under it, climb over it, fly over it and some of them will even blah blah blah..."

Yes, you are correct that a wall won't be an absolute solution to the problem of illegals crossing the border, but it's outright dishonest to say it won't at least be a powerful deterrent. It won't stop all of them, but it will stop some or many of them. Walls work, and there are a lot of modern examples that demonstrate that truth.

Last edited:
what wall?

ain't gonna be no F'n wall.

get over it RussianWimgers.

So when talking about the wall the left likes to imply that it won't serve any practical purpose. "People will dig under it, climb over it, fly over it and some of them will even blah blah blah..."

Yes, you are correct that a wall won't be an absolute solution to the problem of illegals crossing the border, but it's outright dishonest to say it won't at least be a powerful deterrent. It won't stop all of them, but it will stop some or many of them. Walls work, and there are a lot of modern examples that demonstrate that truth.
The wall won’t be built. If somehow part of it gets completed, the next President will run on tearing it down.

It’s a complete waste of money and a symbol of cowardice

what wall?

I consider myself a left-libertarian. Building a wall isn't something I care about because I think illegal immigration is a small fry when considering the many problems we face as a nation. I just happen to be willing to engage in honest conversations, unlike a lot of people.

Last edited:
The wall won’t be built. If somehow part of it gets completed, the next President will run on tearing it down.

Fine, maybe it won't, but that's not really what I'm talking about in this thread. I'm talking about the common argument that it wouldn't serve a practical purpose.

what wall?

I consider myself an extreme left libertarian and don't really care if a wall gets built. I just happen to be willing to engage in honest conversations, unlike a lot of people.

he knows Mexico wont pay for the wall - so now the idiot is trying to float it in the military budget when nobodys looking

Trump floats idea of using Pentagon budget to pay for border wall

F Trump

cowardice? How so?

Cowardice? Save your stupidity for:
Obama
upload_2018-3-29_9-16-35.png

Clinton
upload_2018-3-29_9-16-55.png

Pelosi
upload_2018-3-29_9-17-17.png

You're just admitting that you're a douchebag who wants to flood this country with illegals. Of course, we already knew that.

Doesn’t matter

We will tear down the wall once Trump is gone

Mexico may even pay for it

Fine, maybe it won't, but that's not really what I'm talking about in this thread. I'm talking about the common argument that it wouldn't serve a practical purpose.
Billions to build, countless billions more to maintain over the decades, countless billions more to statf and upgrade over the decades, a blatant insult against our allies in Latin and South America, a symbol of cowardice replacing the Statue of Liberty, and people who really want to come here will still get in. Maybe the cartels will charge more, that will make them happy.

Doesn’t matter

We will tear down the wall once Trump is gone

Mexico may even pay for it

Sure you will.

Billions to build, countless billions more to maintain over the decades, countless billions more to statf and upgrade over the decades, a blatant insult against our allies in Latin and South America, a symbol of cowardice replacing the Statue of Liberty, and people who really want to come here will still get in. Maybe the cartels will charge more, that will make them happy.

that's all bullshit, of course. Who cares of the Mexican fereeloaders are insulted? I certainly don't.

If you are happy to stick your finger in a light socket, but someone else refuses, turds like you call him a coward, when the reality is he isn't a self-destruct moron like you.

It'd be expensive for sure. If that's your argument against it then we don't have an issue. I just wanted to say that if we did build it it would do what it's intended to do, which is act as a deterrent. It would slow them down.

republicans defunded obamacare 55 times

they'll fund the wall 55 times with the same results

nothing

To borrow a quote from the left "if it saves just one life, it's worth it!"

Like that wall France built in the lead up to WWII. Worked great.

Forum List

Back