"I hope you can let this go"

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
That's what Trump said to Comey, according to Comey's memo, which BTW nobody has seen yet. But assume it's true that Trump did say that. Is that the same thing as telling or asking the FBI to stop an investigation? Sounds a bit thin to me, and IMHO doesn't rise to a sufficient reason to impeach a President. First off, this isn't an actual recording, this is Comey's recollection after the meeting was over. Which Trump can deny those words were ever said and then what do you have? His word against mine, again not enough to impeach a President.

But what a stupid thing to say or do. If Flynn really is innocent then there's no reason for Trump to say anything, the truth will come out and it'll blow over. And if he's not innocent then does Trump know that? If so then your case for Obstruction gets a bit stronger, no? And if it comes out that Flynn was acting out of Trump's wishes then it begins to get dicey indeed. What was said between Flynn and the Russians, does anyone know? One would think that when a new administration is going to takeover the WH, especially a change in political leadership that the Russians and every other major player on the world's stage is going to want to talk to the Trump people and see which way the wind is blowing as it were. Hard to find fault with that.

So, let' see the memo. Let's get Comey to tell us why he didn't feel like he was being influenced by Trump to stop the investigation. This is a guy that stood up to Bush 10 years ago or so, he doesn't lack for guts so if he doesn't think whatever Trump said is tantamount to obstruction then maybe we shouldn't either.

Forum List

Back