...I just realized Lincoln was the Hitler of the 19th century.

No, because of your words here.
That, and your use of a vile racist slur to describe black people.

I don't actually think what he said here is a racist comment.

And they are not black people now, "black" is considered offensive now according to the latest PC, rules, they are african americans. :)

Now before you get all up in arms that im jumping you paperview im just stating a fact about the black part :)
Bucky here refers to blacks, African Americans...whatever you want to call them - and has in this thread as - the n word.

Yes. It's a vile, racist slur.

You may not see it that way. I do.

Link?

Do display your lack of reading comprehension again for us

The analogy isn't correct. And the reason that the civil war killed more american citizens is because BOTH SIDES WERE AMERICAN.

I KNOW!

Genocide is specifically wiping out a race or group of people. That wasn't it. We don't know each other yet, but I can tell you that I have real issues with people misusing terms like that simply to achieve a visceral response. Genocide has specific meanings.

ok I will try again. Analogy. Genocide. "group of people"= the American people.

As I said, the specific states' right in question was the ownership of human beings. If States were supposed to have the type of rights that you imply, we'd still be living under the Articles of Confederation.

It makes no different upon which state right was in question. The south technically did have the right. The war was fought to keep the union together.

The articles of confederation was the constitution on which the southern states wished to abide. As far as I know the south lost.

And they're the ones who still won't acknowledge that the civil war was about states' rights only to the extent that the 'states' in question wanted slavery to remain legal and didn't like those mean old northerners (substititute northern elites or whatever else you want to call it) making them stop owning people.

If the Union were fighting to end slavery, the Union would have no slaves

If Lincoln was fighting to free the slaves, he'd have freed the slaves in the Union

The Union had slaves and Lincoln freed them not.

The North fought no war over slavery.

The South did not have the technical right to secede, and was accordingly punished for it, with the entire American people. Yes, whites have benefited because of their ancestors here right through the 1950s. Any who argues this is clearly involved in the dynamics of race and avoidance of guilt. No, the CW was not "genocide" in any meaningful sense of the word.

I happen to find both of you, JB and Syrenn, interesting to dialogue with, but for me no middle ground exists on these issues. I will always be opposite you on these.

And they're the ones who still won't acknowledge that the civil war was about states' rights only to the extent that the 'states' in question wanted slavery to remain legal and didn't like those mean old northerners (substititute northern elites or whatever else you want to call it) making them stop owning people.

If the Union were fighting to end slavery, the Union would have no slaves

If Lincoln was fighting to free the slaves, he'd have freed the slaves in the Union

The Union had slaves and Lincoln freed them not.

The North fought no war over slavery.

False premise, false conclusion.

Bucky here refers to blacks, African Americans...whatever you want to call them - and has in this thread as - the n word.

Here is the thing. ******* call each other ******. So long as they call each other ****** it should not be considered offensive to anyone.

And please note that I have not called anyone that, or refereed to anyone here as that.
Are you really serious?

So long as some black people call themselves that, it's OK for you or any one else to refer to them that way?

Wow.

OIC, White people aren't allowed to call someone what they call themselves.

Racist piece of shit.

Here is the thing. ******* call each other ******. So long as they call each other ****** it should not be considered offensive to anyone.

And please note that I have not called anyone that, or refereed to anyone here as that.
Are you really serious?

So long as some black people call themselves that, it's OK for you or any one else to refer to them that way?

Wow.

Syrenn, civilized people don't use the word. It doesn't matter what other people do. For example: "Well, Johnny raped her, too!" Excuse the crudity, but your argument does not sit well with me.

Right, because calling you what you call yourself is the same as raping you :rolleyes:

I don't actually think what he said here is a racist comment.

And they are not black people now, "black" is considered offensive now according to the latest PC, rules, they are african americans. :)

Now before you get all up in arms that im jumping you paperview im just stating a fact about the black part :)

Link?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2309235-post241.html

Paperview: True. Read any papers of the day at the time. The secession bubble had been building for a years and years before. Hell, in 1850 SC threatened to seceded and in 1852, a convention was held and secession was laid out.

It was positively inevitable. Lincoln, of the new anti-slavery party being elected, was the final straw.

JBeukema:
:cuckoo:

If the North gave a damned about the *******, why did the North not free their own slaves during the conflict?

Care to back track some more?

the fact that some are trying to revise it, such as QW and JB and KK, into something it certainly was not.

The only ones trying to revise it are morons like you who claim that Lincoln waged some great moral war against slavery.

You are the only one using moronic assertions, JB. Lincoln waged a war to preserve the union and co-opted emancipation as a moral tool to further his war aim. It also happened to be the right, moral act. If you have trouble with that: no one cares.

Syrenn, civilized people don't use the word. It doesn't matter what other people do. For example: "Well, Johnny raped her, too!" Excuse the crudity, but your argument does not sit well with me.

Agreed. Do I use that term in reference to black people when I speak(post)? I consider myself a civilized person.

My point is that I hear black people call each other ****** all the time. If they do not consider it offensive why should anyone else? Do I condone the word or calling black people that; no I do not.

P.S JS no offense taken with the "crudity":)

Last edited:

Agreed. Do I use that term in reference to black people when I speak(post)? I consider myself a civilized person.

My point is that I hear black people call each other ****** all the time. If they do not consider it offensive why should anyone else? Do I condone the word or calling black people that; no I do not.

They are idiots then, I agree.

The South did not have the technical right to secede

Show me where the Constitution says people no longer have a right to self-determination

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

and was accordingly punished for it, with the entire American people. Yes, whites have benefited because of their ancestors here right through the 1950s

So it ended 60 years ago and you're too racist to acknowledge it except when you do so by accident?
. Any who argues this is clearly involved in the dynamics of race and avoidance of guilt.

OIC, when people don't agree with you, you, the racist who paints all Whites as the devil, call the other side racist because you have no intelligent argument.

Typical.

No, the CW was not "genocide" in any meaningful sense of the word.

I will always be opposite you on these.

You are opposed to truth and reality- simple irrefutable facts.

BTW, America has never experienced a civil war.

Link?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2309235-post241.html

Paperview: True. Read any papers of the day at the time. The secession bubble had been building for a years and years before. Hell, in 1850 SC threatened to seceded and in 1852, a convention was held and secession was laid out.

It was positively inevitable. Lincoln, of the new anti-slavery party being elected, was the final straw.

JBeukema:
:cuckoo:

If the North gave a damned about the *******, why did the North not free their own slaves during the conflict?

Care to back track some more?

:lol:

I knew you'd do that.

Thanks for displaying your lack of reading comprehension for us again :lol:

The fact is the Northeners didn't care about the ******* any more than America cared about the kikes or people like Jake care about the White Devil.

If you can't accept the truth about the mindset your beloved heroes, that's your problem.

This is my day for morons. JB can't stand that his whining and pining are aptly shoved in his face, so he neg reps me. JB, stop whining, son! You are wrong. There is nothing you can do about it. No one is buying your racist tripe.

the fact that some are trying to revise it, such as QW and JB and KK, into something it certainly was not.

The only ones trying to revise it are morons like you who claim that Lincoln waged some great moral war against slavery.

You are the only one using moronic assertions, JB. Lincoln waged a war to preserve the union and co-opted emancipation as a moral tool to further his war aim. It also happened to be the right, moral act. If you have trouble with that: no one cares.
Did he now?

So he freed all of the slaves in the Union?

Forum List

Back