I support 8.25/hour national minimum wage(house republicans do it!)

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
The current national minimum wage is 7.25/hour. I am asking the house republicans to put forward a bill to raise that a full dollar to 8.25/hour for the federal minimum wage. I am NOT talking about 10.10/hour that the democrats want. I am talking about getting caught up a little with the times.

Can we do this? We're the wealthiest nation on earth, but yet we're losing our middle class so fast it is down right scary.

• Banned
$9? Why not make it $25? Or $35?

Don't you CARE about people?

Hey Matthew. You think the above comment is what passes for intelligent debate on this subject in our wonderful Congress?

This is all the tea party has...The top 400 people in this country make as much as the other half of America. During the past 15 years this has become a major problem as it just grows as the worker gets fucked.

Think this is fair tea partiers?

Look at all the welfare we have to give to walmart workers to see that this isn't working.

Last edited:
  • Banned
This is just to help stem the bleeding of wealth going all to the top .5% of our country. So the bottom 50% can survive. I am not even asking for what this nation really needs.

A few better tool to fix things on top of the minimum wage are. Again, I am asking for a slight minimum wage increase as you will never do this.
1. Ceo to the lowest paid worker law that would cap Ceo's pay to only 20 times their lowest workers pay. This would force them to spend more on the company and the workers.
2. 50% income taxes on people making over a million per year.
3. A cap on all public college tuition
4. Bring down college loan interest rates back to the 80's

Last edited:

I understand economics enough to say that 25 per hour would hurt the supply side of it. 8.25 is already supported with only advantages in some states.

most economists believe people who need to spend the majority of each paycheck buy goods that help the economy, democrats also subscribe to that theory ... Republicans don't agree with anyone

big surprise

The current national minimum wage is 7.25/hour. I am asking the house republicans to put forward a bill to raise that a full dollar to 8.25/hour for the federal minimum wage. I am NOT talking about 10.10/hour that the democrats want. I am talking about getting caught up a little with the times.

Can we do this? We're the wealthiest nation on earth, but yet we're losing our middle class so fast it is down right scary.

If we tie it to a bill that mandates E-Verify, fines employers for each illegal they hire and deports illegals whenever they come in contact with the government, you'll have my enthusiastic support.

Hey Matthew. You think the above comment is what passes for intelligent debate on this subject in our wonderful Congress?

This is all the tea party has...The top 400 people in this country make as much as the other half of America. During the past 15 years this has become a major problem as it just grows as the worker gets fucked.

Think this is fair tea partiers?

Look at all the welfare we have to give to walmart workers to see that this isn't working.

Deport 10 million illegals and WalMart might have to raise wages to hire enough workers.
Git 'er done!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
This is just to help stem the bleeding of wealth going all to the top .5% of our country. So the bottom 50% can survive. I am not even asking for what this nation really needs.

A few better tool to fix things on top of the minimum wage are. Again, I am asking for a slight minimum wage increase as you will never do this.
1. Ceo to the lowest paid worker law that would cap Ceo's pay to only 20 times their lowest workers pay. This would force them to spend more on the company and the workers.

Interest rates were higher in the 80s.

This would be like most minimum wage increases. Since the market is already at 8.25 and above for most everyone an increase to 8.25 will have very little effect on the economy, good or bad. However, politicians can use the increase as a talking point for political purposes.

But why not $10.10/hour? What's the difference between raising it to $8.25/hour and $10.10/hour?

Let's just print a bunch of money and give everyone one million dollars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you an idiot???
WHAT does raising the minimum do to help the MIDDLE CLASS?
Idiots like you deal with emotions, exceptions AND the facts and the rule...
A) there are less then 3.3 million people that make less then minimum wage of the 79 million hourly wage earners! How in the hell would that help the middle class? Dummy!
B)According to the http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2013.pdf source:
1) 797,000 people (25.7%) work at minimum wage and are between 16 to 19
2) 111,000 of minimum wage are 65 and over!
3) That leaves of the 3.3 million total people paid minimum wage 2.3 million 25 years and older!
All you do when you raise minimum wage is put low skill, entry level people doing jobs that robots can do out of work and that's helpful???

The Minimum Wage has been going up since it was instituted yet it is never enough is it?

Perhaps the Minimum Wage isn't the problem?

Maybe oh, Dollar Devaluation is the Problem? Maybe Free Trade Agreements are the Problem? Maybe Unchecked Illegal Immigration is the problem?

Or is that too much for you guys to consider?

marxists-circle.jpg

Forum List

Back