If Biden wins we will all need to get a gun.

CDC says 14,500... I'll go with them.

You will go with the Center for Disease Control instead of the FBI numbers...yeah, that makes sense.

BTW, despite what you have been told, criminals will always(in our lifetime) have guns in the US. There is no way to wave a magic wand and suck them all up. It is like you have a mind block to reality.

For starters, I never said I lived in a mansion, but yeah, sure this is how we all live in the South especially in my town. Like I said, average incomes twice the national average and a very high college college graduate and post-graduate rate.

Again, since you won't state what city or state you live in, probably because you know I'll tear you to shreds pointing out the poverty stats, I really don't care where your Double Wide is parked, Cleetus.

You will go with the Center for Disease Control instead of the FBI numbers...yeah, that makes sense.

BTW, despite what you have been told, criminals will always(in our lifetime) have guns in the US. There is no way to wave a magic wand and suck them all up. It is like you have a mind block to reality.

sure there is. We;ve done it. Back in the 1930's, we had a massive crime wave thanks to Prohibition and the Depression, and they passed a national firearms act. Gun violence dropped from 9/100,000 to 4/100,000.

1598357632214.png

Please note the comparison to the UK, where the murder rate is nowhere near ours.

sure there is. We;ve done it. Back in the 1930's, we had a massive crime wave thanks to Prohibition and the Depression, and they passed a national firearms act. Gun violence dropped from 9/100,000 to 4/100,000.

View attachment 379471

Please note the comparison to the UK, where the murder rate is nowhere near ours.

LOL...Suicide and homicide account for 97% of gun deaths in the US. Those committing suicide would turn to another of a virtually endless number of ways to kill themselves. Homicides are concentrated largely to low income urban areas(Democrats) and minorities are 14 times more likely to be a victim than whites. The vast majority of these occurred with guns obtained illegally, as they are already illegal in most of these large urban areas, not to mention the high percentage of perpetrators were prior felons.

Guns are not a problem for the vast majority of law abiding citizens and provide protection from you lefty rioters and looters.

You don't think much do you?

LOL...Suicide and homicide account for 97% of gun deaths in the US. Those committing suicide would turn to another of a virtually endless number of ways to kill themselves. Homicides are concentrated largely to low income urban areas(Democrats) and minorities are 14 times more likely to be a victim than whites. The vast majority of these occurred with guns obtained illegally, as they are already illegal in most of these large urban areas.

Ah, when defeated they always fall back to the Racism. "Those Darkies Deserve to DIE!!!"

Never takes long for you people to out yourselves.

Hey, the Cleaners called, they said your White Robes will be ready on Saturday for the Cross Burning.

LOL...Suicide and homicide account for 97% of gun deaths in the US. Those committing suicide would turn to another of a virtually endless number of ways to kill themselves. Homicides are concentrated largely to low income urban areas(Democrats) and minorities are 14 times more likely to be a victim than whites. The vast majority of these occurred with guns obtained illegally, as they are already illegal in most of these large urban areas.

Ah, when defeated they always fall back to the Racism. "Those Darkies Deserve to DIE!!!"

Never takes long for you people to out yourselves.

Hey, the Cleaners called, they said your White Robes will be ready on Saturday for the Cross Burning.

How is that a racist statement? I merely pointed out the fact that minorities are more more likely to be a victim. You still can't get it through your thick head that criminals in urban areas will still have guns. They still get and sell drugs don't they?

Suicide and homicide account for 97% of gun deaths in the US.

Ummm....what is left?

Glad you ask. Police shootings - 1% Unintentional deaths - 1% and Undetermined - 1%.
Wow.....I can see why you are unconcerned when you dismiss 97 percent of gun deaths

I don't dismiss them, I am just smart enough to know that making a law to take them away won't take them away from criminals nor will it stop suicides. Just a little common sense.

Glad you ask. Police shootings - 1% Unintentional deaths - 1% and Undetermined - 1%.

Well, that wouldn't be correct. There are 1000 police shootings every year. That's more than 1% of 33,000 gun deaths. More like 3%.

I guess it depends on the web site you read. BTW, are you advocating taking guns from cops as well?

Ummm....what is left?

Wow.....I can see why you are unconcerned when you dismiss 97 percent of gun deaths

I don't dismiss them, I am just smart enough to know that making a law to take them away won't take them away from criminals nor will it stop suicides. Just a little common sense.
But we don’t have to make it easier for criminals to get the weapon of their choice

In a suicide by poison you have an hour to change your mind. in suicide by gun, you have a split second to change your mind

How is that a racist statement? I merely pointed out the fact that minorities are more more likely to be a victim. You still can't get it through your thick head that criminals in urban areas will still have guns. They still get and sell drugs don't they?

Yes, you put out racist false stats... and then claim you are totally not racist.

I guess it depends on the web site you read. BTW, are you advocating taking guns from cops as well?

Naw, just holding them accountable when they shoot people. After we've taken guns away from everyone else, they won't have excuses to shoot people.

Naw, just holding them accountable when they shoot people. After we've taken guns away from everyone else, they won't have excuses to shoot people.

I've told you this repeatedly, a police officer (or armed citizen) is not restricted to only shoot another armed person. By law, a citizen or officer may use deadly force anytime they believe that there is a threat of serious bodily harm or death to themselves or other people.

Wasn't that what yall said when Obama was elected??

Time to step the fearmongering up....

If Biden is elected, we all need to get surface to air missiles in order to combat ISIS -- once Biden orders them to murder all conservatives

Ummm....what is left?

But we don’t have to make it easier for criminals to get the weapon of their choice

In a suicide by poison you have an hour to change your mind. in suicide by gun, you have a split second to change your mind

The same goes with jumping off the Golden Gate bridge or off of a cliff.

Wasn't that what yall said when Obama was elected??

Time to step the fearmongering up....

If Biden is elected, we all need to get surface to air missiles in order to combat ISIS -- once Biden orders them to murder all conservatives

What Biden wants to do is move lowlifes into virtual crime-free suburbs thus greatly bringing down their property values and also greatly increasing crime. Fear mongering? You on the left want to get rid of police, get rid of ICE, and disarm law abiding citizens. That's not fear mongering, that's the truth and there is plenty evidence to support our case.

You are not alone in your thinking
I have not fired a gun in many years. I do not want to get a gun and go through training to use one again but at 73 I am an easy target for the current final solution of the Black Lives Matter Movement. I have white skin and like the Jews who saw what was coming in Germany in the 1930’s I know I must act to protect myself.

At least the Jews who were paying attention to the scapegoating ethnic cleansing that was underway in 1938 had someplace to run. As a new Jew in America my wife, my children, my grandchildren, and I are in the crosshairs not for anything we did, but for what we are and if Joe Biden wins there will be no place to go.

No white American I know ever said Black lives do not matter. Those words were put in mouths of innocent victims by academics and politicians that needed a banner to march under. The truly wicked in every society always find a way to incite a violent overthrow of a concocted enemy. Our colleges and universities are rife with hateful ideologues unsatisfied and angry that a good plumber, a certified welder, or a master electrician can make loads more money than a college professor. They need an excuse for their failures.

Yes, there was a history of slavery, but slavery did not start in the United States. Black slavery began in Africa and was essentially an invention of African royalty. African slave traders were getting rich long before Columbus ever discovered America. This is not taught in our schools. What is implied is that white people came up with idea and have been holding blacks back just like the Jews were blamed for Germany’s poor decisions in Word War One.

George Floyd died from a combination of Meth and Fentanyl because he was the product of bad policies resulting from the War on Poverty and the Great Society. Corrupt black politicians have been running many of our major cities into to the ground for over half a century. Trump’s election put a spotlight on this, and many blacks agreed that they had been sold out, not by their white American brethren but by a crooked coalition of white and black liberals holding onto power.

If Joe Biden wins we will all need to get a gun.

You are certainly not alone in your thinking on this. I just happened to see the article below after reading your OP. This was published on Friday, 8/21. Thought you might find it interesting.

Civil Unrest, Elections Pushing Women to Guns, Says AG &AG

Women cite recent civil unrest and the upcoming presidential election as motivating factors behind recent gun purchases, according to an August survey conducted by A Girl and A Gun Shooting League.

According to the survey which polled 6,000 AG & AG members, 14 percent of women cited riots, mobs, and civil unrest as the reason for their first gun purchase. Meanwhile, 12 percent of respondents said the presidential election slated for November pushed them towards gun ownership. The Coronavirus pandemic nabbed the fourth spot on the list, with 7-percent concerned about the virus and its impact.

Concerns over gun control often arise in election years causing more Americans to stock up on guns and ammo. This year's election has already proven important for gun rights due to presumptive Democratic Presidential candidate Joe Biden's support of a rebooted ban on semi-automatic firearms. Taking to social media in early August, Biden made it clear that so-called "assault weapons" have no place under his presidency, should he be elected come November.

"Weapons of war have no place in our communities," Biden's social media accounts said. "When I was a senator, I took on the NRA and secured a 10-year ban on assault weapons — and as president, I’ll ban these weapons again."
. . .

While the industry itself has seen an influx of new gun owners, Sandoval said AG & AG has also experienced a surge in membership. In the past year, the shooting club has seen an uptick of 150 percent in new members.
. . .

According to the AG & AG survey results, 40 percent of respondents were new gun owners, owning a firearm for less than a year. Additionally, 23 percent of women said they were the only gun owners in the home. Citing self-defense as a predominant factor, over 90 percent of women polled said they were in the process of, or already have, a CCW permit.

About two years ago I read an article that in our state, women CCW applications surpassed male applications.

When I bought my first gun in my mid 20's, we went to the range a lot. There was only one in our area. It has about a dozen booths, and you never had to wait to get one. In many cases, you had your choice of just about the entire range.

The guys would be shooting while their women folk would be behind the glass watching their men have fun. Some read magazines, others knitted, or they came as a group and had BS sessions.

I haven't shot in quite a while, and decided to get some practice in before taking our CCW class. We went to our range, the place was packed and it was an hour wait. Every booth was full, and many of them occupied by females shooters or couples. Several other ranges have opened up in our area by that time, and while never going to any other one, it's my understanding they are pretty much all the same.

When Republicans objected to Hussein forcing instance companies to provide birth control as minimum coverage, they said the Republicans launched a war on women. Today, they are trying to disarm those women and leave them helpless to the criminal elements of our society, but that's not a war on women?

Forum List

Back