If No One Today Owned Slaves...

Republicans were complicit in slavery and Jim Crow. It was a Democrat that ended Jim Crow and the very same year Johnson signed our second Emancipation Proclamation, Republicans nominated a presidential candidate that opposed the Civil Rights Act. Now is the time for you Republicans to STFU with your lies.

What exactly has the GOP done "against blacks" in the last 30 years? Be specific and bring credible links to make your case.
I understand that the Alabama GOP is today trying to disenfranchise black voters with its corrupt gerrymandering exercise.

This in direct opposition to the Supreme court.

In Georgia Gov Kemp passed racist legisation to enable him tp remove recently elected DAs.

They are using this to persecute Fani Willis..

Of course I know very little about US racist politics.

Perhaps posters have other examples ?

I understand that the Alabama GOP is today trying to disenfranchise black voters with its corrupt gerrymandering exercise.

In Georgia Gov Kemp passed racist legisation to enable him tp remove recently elected DAs.

They won't allow blacks to vote? That's awful!!!

Link?

As always total bullcrap.

I thought it might be difficult for you to understand.

I understand perfectly.

deprive (someone) of the right to vote.
"the law disenfranchised some 3,000 voters on the basis of a residence qualification"

Where is your link showing that "the Alabama GOP is today trying to disenfranchise black voters with its corrupt gerrymandering exercise"?

Didn't the US Supreme Court overrule this? Aren't they Republicans? I can assure you that a Democratic supreme court would NEVER break rank from the Democratic Party's wishes.

Redistricting experts said it was one of the most brazen acts of defiance of a federal court order they had ever seen.

“It’s so disingenuous,” said Jonathan Cervas, a professor at Carnegie Mellon University who specializes in redistricting. “It speaks of 1950s America and not 2023 America. And it gets me very heated.”

Alabama Republicans have come up with a smattering of rationales to try and justify their new map. In court filings, they argue that two counties along the Gulf coast, Mobile and Baldwin counties form a “community of interest” that must be kept together in any plan because they share economic, tourism and transportation interests, among others.

Demographically, the counties are very different – Mobile county is 37% Black while Baldwin county is 8.4% Black and 85% white. Cervas said the state’s justification for keeping the two counties together was pretextual.

Pretty much depraved behaviour.

Republicans were complicit in slavery and Jim Crow. It was a Democrat that ended Jim Crow and the very same year Johnson signed our second Emancipation Proclamation, Republicans nominated a presidential candidate that opposed the Civil Rights Act. Now is the time for you Republicans to STFU with your lies.
/——/ Horseshyt. Stop trying to rewrite history. Republicans broke the democRATs filibuster to pass the CRA and VRA led by Al Gore’s daddy.
Goldwater’s position was we didn’t need a special law for Blacks because every American was already protected by the Constitution. But, I’m guessing you already knew that.

Forum List

Back