If the government can tell us we can't go to church...

Christians used to die to keep their appointments at church on Sunday.

Now we obey like good little Germans.

So we should let them die again?

Its not up to the government. The edicts and orders aren't constitutional. It just takes a lawsuit against the official to overturn their unconstitutional edict. They just overturned the gov of kentuckys unconstitutional ban on church assembly.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum regarding church gatherings. I even thought it would have been cool if the government tossed in occasional blackout drills and would have issued rationing coupons for toilet paper.

...we have no freedom at all.

A very bad precedent has been set. To "save lives" the states have prohibited Christians from attending church.

Next time, they won't need a good reason to prohibit us from attending church.

Then, will come the day when the churches are closed permanently, as they were in Communist countries.

We should have fought them to keep our churches open.
Youre aren't prohibited from attending church. You can do that online. Youre prohibited from killing people because you want to have company while you pray.

If the people want to come to worship that's their decision NOT the government.

"What makes you think going to church will keep people from catching the virus and dying?"

Now why are you whining about a strawman? Is it because you cant answer my question directly associated to what you said?

I never said that going to church would keep people from catching the virus and dying. I never said any such thing; I never implied any such thing; I never believed any such thing.

What makes it a strawman is you attributing this claim to me, that I never made, and claiming it as a victory when I refuse to defend this claim.

The only think you prove by this is your own intellectual dishonesty.

When they raid your home, take away all your books, magazines, and newspapers, you will see that as a great loss.
Ain't never gonna happen in our lifetime.

We are seeing unprecedented abuses of power, happening right now, that only a few years ago, most of us would have been sure would never happen in our lifetimes. We are now not nearly as far as having government raid our homes and take away published material that it doesn't like; as we thought we were only a year ago from having them violate our freedoms of religion and assembly, our right to work to earn an honest living, and now our freedoms of speech and the press. In just the past few months, they've taken much bigger steps against our Constitutional rights, and against the rule of law under the Constitution, than it would take from where we are now, to get to the point that you are so sir won't happen in your lifetime. We're almost to that point, now.
We let it happen. The opposition to democrat tyranny should have cities in flames by now.

"What makes you think going to church will keep people from catching the virus and dying?"

Now why are you whining about a strawman? Is it because you cant answer my question directly associated to what you said?

I never said that going to church would keep people from catching the virus and dying. I never said any such thing; I never implied any such thing; I never believed any such thing.

What makes it a strawman is you attributing this claim to me, that I never made, and claiming it as a victory when I refuse to defend this claim.

The strawman is the fiction that every person that attends church is sick.

The strawman is the fiction that every person that attends church is sick.
There is no statement that says every person that attends church is sick. You just made that up.

Actually you did.

Your statement

"What is unbelievable to me is that there are so many people like you, who are so unimaginably stupid that you actually believe this, that exercising our Constitutional rights in such a manner will kill people. "

Going to church is your constitutional right. If you go to church and you have the virus youre going to kill people when you give it to them.

A very bad precedent has been set. To "save lives" the states have prohibited Christians from attending church.

Then, will come the day when the churches are closed permanently, as they were in Communist countries.

Youre aren't prohibited from attending church. You can do that online. Youre prohibited from killing people because you want to have company while you pray.

Thats not accurate. If the government declares a disaster or emergency you no longer have the right to make that decision.

Christians used to die to keep their appointments at church on Sunday.

Now we obey like good little Germans.

So we should let them die again?

Its not up to the government. The edicts and orders aren't constitutional. It just takes a lawsuit against the official to overturn their unconstitutional edict. They just overturned the gov of kentuckys unconstitutional ban on church assembly.
Of course they are constitutional

Maintaining public safety has always been a responsibility of government

As it should be

Doesn’t work like that
If your assembly is a threat to public safety, it can be banned

My question is with the priests and pastors and rabbis who are willing to put their congregation at risk

Where is THAT in the Bible?

If it makes ya feel better
You can’t go to the movies either
But can you still g to a drive In to see a movie?

I haven’t seen a drive in for decades

Do they still have those? Thats a great substitute.

Do they still have those? Thats a great substitute.
Back in the good ole days
Haven’t seen any since the turn of the century

Straight from the local elementary school recess yard, methinks... smelliest pile of hor$e$shit I've seen around here in weeks... :auiqs.jpg:

Christians aren't being persecuted... instead, emergency public health imperatives have triggered a temporary prohibition on large gatherings..

You confuse medical science and common sense with an imaginary threat to the rule of law and personal freedoms...

How much are our adversaries paying you to sow discontent over imaginary wrongs?

Not to mention your implicit juvenile fantasies about armed rebellion against the Republic.

Funny stuff, though... thanks for the laugh before dinner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back