If this is true, Panetta should resign

In 25 years in the service - I never saw anything like this...

Soldiers asked to disarm during Leon Panetta speech - Telegraph

I'm just glad i'm not under their command right now, I would have got into trouble when told to disarm myself in a hostile country.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. We had VIPs visiting us all the time aboard ship/while overseas. I can't imagine being told to disarm. If the Commander In Chump thinks our troops are that unstable/is in fear of them - he should bring them the fuck home.

Later, American officials said that the top military official in Helmand, Maj. Gen. Mark Gurganus, had decided on Tuesday that no one would be armed while Mr. Panetta spoke, but that word had not reached those in charge in the tent until shortly before Mr. Panetta was due to arrive.

General Gurganus told reporters later that he had wanted a consistent policy for everyone in the tent, and that “I wanted to have the Marines look just like their Afghan partners,” noting, “You’ve got one of the most important people in the world in the room.” He insisted that his decision had had nothing to do with the massacre; later, defense officials said the decision had had nothing to do with the truck at the airfield.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/w...s-afghanistan-following-massacre.html?_r=2&hp

yea after a truck got too close to his plane ...there is no reason to err on the side of safety

did obama do this or the base commander?

The base commander with direction from washington (panetta) who gets direction from obama.

Its one of those "the buck stops here" things I think...but obama is seperated by "layers". Much like it wasn't Obama who got bin laden but he gets credit, the same applies here.

So you are saying that Obama ordered Panetta to order Gurganus to disarm the Marines?

no peach they will live on past laurels....and not consider the conditions that this decision was made under......there were afghan troops too....disarming everyone was simpler than disarming just the afghans...but why should people sitting on their asses on computers be concerned with the reality of the men currently serving...they just want to bitch about how it was when they did what? most on here have very little concept of what men/women in afghan are going thru

did obama do this or the base commander?

The base commander with direction from washington (panetta) who gets direction from obama.

Its one of those "the buck stops here" things I think...but obama is seperated by "layers". Much like it wasn't Obama who got bin laden but he gets credit, the same applies here.

So you are saying that Obama ordered Panetta to order Gurganus to disarm the Marines?

Obama got Osama Bin Laden too.

BOTTOM LINE - YOU DON'T FUCKING DISARM OUR MEN/WOMEN IN A WAR ZONE !!!!
That's how a bunch of them got killed in Beirut in 1983.
It's obvious the "Manchild In Chief" has his head up his ass on this issue as well.

In 25 years in the service - I never saw anything like this...

Soldiers asked to disarm during Leon Panetta speech - Telegraph

I'm just glad i'm not under their command right now, I would have got into trouble when told to disarm myself in a hostile country.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. We had VIPs visiting us all the time aboard ship/while overseas. I can't imagine being told to disarm. If the Commander In Chump thinks our troops are that unstable/is in fear of them - he should bring them the fuck home.

Nobody was asked to disarm when I met General Jumper and Donald Rumsfeld when they came to Kiruk in 2005. Granted I was Air Force and didn't have weapon but none of the Army on base had to disarm. The thought of it seems tarded to me.

That said, from what I understand this order came down from Major General Gurganus. If you have any proof that this order came from SECDEF or the CinC I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
no peach they will live on past laurels....and not consider the conditions that this decision was made under......there were afghan troops too....disarming everyone was simpler than disarming just the afghans...but why should people sitting on their asses on computers be concerned with the reality of the men currently serving...they just want to bitch about how it was when they did what? most on here have very little concept of what men/women in afghan are going thru
Nor do I; but some write no Marine could have a weapon grabbed. THAT would be my primary concern.

Obama got Osama Bin Laden too.

That was an order he actually gave.

Nobody was asked to disarm when I met General Jumper and Donald Rumsfeld when they came at Kiruk in 2005. Granted I was Air Force and didn't have weapon but none of the Army on base had to disarm. The thought of it seems tarded to me.

That said, from what I understand this order came down from Major General Gurganus. If you have any proof that this order came from SECDEF of the CinC I'd like to see it.

From what I got man they asked the Afghan Soldiers to disarm during Panettas meeting and they had the US Marines disarm as well to show solidarity with their Afghan counter parts which was fucking stupid.

So what would have happened if an Afghan snuck a pistol or rifle in there and shot up the fuckin tent? what were the Marines supposed to? throw their bodies in front of the hale of gun fire, sacrifice their bodies for Panetta?

Nobody was asked to disarm when I met General Jumper and Donald Rumsfeld when they came at Kiruk in 2005. Granted I was Air Force and didn't have weapon but none of the Army on base had to disarm. The thought of it seems tarded to me.

That said, from what I understand this order came down from Major General Gurganus. If you have any proof that this order came from SECDEF of the CinC I'd like to see it.

From what I got man they asked the Afghan Soldiers to disarm during Panettas meeting and they had the US Marines disarm as well to show solidarity with their Afghan counter parts which was fucking stupid.

I agree that it's retarded but I'm not buying that this came down from the White House.

I agree that it's retarded but I'm not buying that this came down from the White House.

Whoever gave that order is a fuckin retard str8 up.

Forum List

Back