If you could move anywhere in the United states, where would you move?

The Ozarks.

Love that place..

Dog Days Bar & Grill, Lake of the Ozarks, AquaPalooza, funlake.com., (1).jpg

Just curious ..
San Diego
South Florida
Dutch harbor Alaska
Bangor Maine
Altoona Pa.

Altoona???
lol...I know, it reads like a list of "which one does not belong on the list"...I was born there...way up in the mountains in towns named catfish and blue knaub and puzzle town [sp. on all those]...you had to see me at 8 years old when we moved to NYC...I still visit family in Altoona every year

Unless it's 88 degrees, no.

Hey in my scenario I am 24 years old and weather didn't effect me at all at that age... Don't bust my bubble...

Your only 24 ? I thought you were around my age and right wingers. You have a lot of wisdom in you that young..

I did say in my scenario and I wish I was only 24... I took off 40 years from my actual age...

Lol I had to read it again after I posted...sorry pal I thought you were older

Just curious ..
San Diego
South Florida
Dutch harbor Alaska
Bangor Maine
Altoona Pa.

Altoona???
lol...I know, it reads like a list of "which one does not belong on the list"...I was born there...way up in the mountains in towns named catfish and blue knaub and puzzle town [sp. on all those]...you had to see me at 8 years old when we moved to NYC...I still visit family in Altoona every year

Was just wondering. The wife is from Altoona. But it is very nice in much of that part of PA.

Bear I will be 64 years old this Aug 1... I will probably die here in Hawaii... I am done moving... I would bet the farm that there are very few people that have moved as much as I have in my life... It gets old after awhile... My Alaska fishing village was woulda, shoulda, coulda pipe dream... I did live in Anchorage for a short time back in the early 80's and loved it...

The wife is from Altoona. But it is very nice in much of that part of PA.
really, it was all nice for me, I love it there...tell/ask the wife if she knows where 15th AVE. is [tell her it is where all the hills are] ask her if the cathedral is visible from where she lived/lives?...also I have family in lakemont, duncansville and the rest of the surrounding area...ask her if she knows anyone named Guies[sp] or Parrish...I am very familiar with a good deal of the area.

Last edited:
I was thinking more like this though.
View attachment 193847
Much more peaceful.

Well the Ozarks has both.. Carbondale Illinois was real nice once upon a time.
I have not been there since I was a child. I have not been to Missouri either for over 20 years. I will not die there but I would like to see SE Missouri again. I think I will take the Mrs. up to see the little spot where I was hatched.

Already where I want to be: 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage on 80 acres of the best hunting land. Freshwater creek running through our property that has trout, and 15 miles from a small town. 60 miles either way to a 250,000+ population city.

here1.jpg

here2.jpg

here3.jpg

here4.jpg

You are, where I want to be.

Regardless of local Kobia availability.

However, there must be Largemouth Bass.

Already where I want to be: 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage on 80 acres of the best hunting land. Freshwater creek running through our property that has trout, and 15 miles from a small town. 60 miles either way to a 250,000+ population city.

here1.jpg

here2.jpg

here3.jpg

here4.jpg

Well truthfully, we're just paying for the privilege of living here. The bank owns it all. There are bass in the river 12 miles away, but there aren't any decent lakes around here. I'd have to drive 60 miles north into the flatlands to find a good lake.

here1.jpg

here2.jpg

here3.jpg

here4.jpg

Well truthfully, we're just paying for the privilege of living here. The bank owns it all. There are bass in the river 12 miles away, but there aren't any decent lakes around here. I'd have to drive 60 miles north into the flatlands to find a good lake.

Er derp.

Dig you a pond and stock it with bass.

Perhaps I was mistaken before.. I like to own what I own.

Bear I will be 64 years old this Aug 1... I will probably die here in Hawaii... I am done moving... I would bet the farm that there are very few people that have moved as much as I have in my life... It gets old after awhile... My Alaska fishing village was woulda, shoulda, coulda pipe dream... I did live in Anchorage for a short time back in the early 80's and loved it...

Damn I am proud of you..dont know where you were born and rasied, but up in Alaska and now in Hawaii..

That's what the positive stuff i was thinking about..

I wouldn't move anywhere.

I would love to move every democrook,commie, regressive piece of shit no closer than 2000 miles away from me though.

Forum List

Back