If you REALLY want to than a veteran.....................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Then vote. I don't care who you vote for, write in a candidate if none on the ballot suit you, but vote.

All of us veterans swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when we first enlisted. One of the provisions of that document (and one of the things we support and defend) is a citizen's right to vote.

You really wanna thank a veteran for their service? Use the right that every one of them worked hard to give to you and vote. It doesn't matter who you vote for, it just matters that you use that right we have fought for to allow you.

Then vote. I don't care who you vote for, write in a candidate if none on the ballot suit you, but vote.

All of us veterans swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when we first enlisted. One of the provisions of that document (and one of the things we support and defend) is a citizen's right to vote.

You really wanna thank a veteran for their service? Use the right that every one of them worked hard to give to you and vote. It doesn't matter who you vote for, it just matters that you use that right we have fought for to allow you.
if only those that swore an oath protected the 2nd amendment as much as you claim to support voting,,

technically voting is not a human right but a privilege granted by the government and can be taken away just as easy,,

yes i plan on voting to rid humanity of those that would oppress me or others,,

There is no right to vote in the Constitution.
Did you read it before giving your oath?

if only those that swore an oath protected the 2nd amendment as much as you claim to support voting,,

technically voting is not a human right but a privilege granted by the government and can be taken away just as easy,,

yes i plan on voting to rid humanity of those that would oppress me or others,,

Voting is referred to as a right in the Constitution.

WW

There is no right to vote in the Constitution.
Did you read it before giving your oath?

Is Voting Mandatory in the United States?​

In the U.S., no one is required by law to vote in any local, state, or presidential election. According to the U.S. Constitution, voting is a right. Many constitutional amendments have been ratified since the first election. However, none of them made voting mandatory for U.S. citizens.

OK, I'll be the turd in the punchbowl.

I vote out of a sense of civic responsibility.....I "owe" nobody my vote, vets or otherwise.

Never said you owe a veteran your vote. I said that if you want to thank them for their service and sacrifice, utilize the right afforded you in the Constitution that all veterans have swore an oath to support and defend. Like I said, I don't care who you vote for, I just care that you vote. That lets us know that you appreciate our service and sacrifice.

Never said you owe a veteran your vote. I said that if you want to thank them for their service and sacrifice, utilize the right afforded you in the Constitution that all veterans have swore an oath to support and defend. Like I said, I don't care who you vote for, I just care that you vote. That lets us know that you appreciate our service and sacrifice.
who doesn't support vets? answer my question.

Let me add that voting for dems will be insulting to our veterans, so dont do that if you care for them.

Is Voting Mandatory in the United States?​

In the U.S., no one is required by law to vote in any local, state, or presidential election. According to the U.S. Constitution, voting is a right. Many constitutional amendments have been ratified since the first election. However, none of them made voting mandatory for U.S. citizens.
Please show me where voting is a right in the constitution.

who doesn't support vets? answer my question.

You asked the question to Bones, not me.

But..................I actually have been in places where there are some on the fringes who don't support veterans, as they think the military industrial complex is a bad thing. Usually fringe types, and yes, they do exist.

You asked the question to Bones, not me.

But..................I actually have been in places where there are some on the fringes who don't support veterans, as they think the military industrial complex is a bad thing. Usually fringe types, and yes, they do exist.
the military industrial complex is a bad thing that sends our military to their death over personal and financial reasons and not national security issues like the current invasion on our southern border,,

Forum List

Back