If you're a Reagan Republican and a Trump supporter ...

You're very confused.

-Reagan believed America is great, he was right
-Trump believes Trump is great, but he'll make America great ... if we elect him

-Reagan was all about optimism that our business is the best open the economic borders and we'll kick ass, he was right
-Trump is all about fear we can't compete so those feriners are going to steal our jobs

-Reagan was about wanting to lower taxes and regulations and our companies will want to be here, he was right
-Trump is about punishing them if they try to leave

If you're a Reagan Republican and support Trump, you believe light is dark, up is down and government can best decide who we can do business with.

Johnson's not perfect for sure, but he's far more like Reagan than Trump is, and Trump isn't nearly different enough from Hillary for it to matter.

The last, desperate argument of the Republicans is the Supreme Court. Well, we've had decades of courts with Republican nominated majorities. At one point it was 7-2. We got shit for it. And John Roberts ignoring even the argument of the Obama administration and just declaring it a "tax" was the final nail in the coffin.

Healthcare exchanges, government deciding what policies need to include and all the rest of the Obamacare regulations are a "tax?" He's full of shit. And what Supreme Court ever told a side here's what you should have argued, and I'm going to pretend you did and rule for you?

Then there's this crap Trump is a capitalist, he only wants "fair" trade deals. Even if you believe someone who says he's for free trade keeps saying he isn't, his proposals go way beyond that. Punitive taxes on American businesses trying to escape our oppressive taxes and regulations isn't about trade and it's not capitalist, which is what made us so rich to start with.

That Trump thinks America isn't great, but he personally can make it great is frankly scary. But that he's anti-free trade and anti-Capitalist is unacceptable.

If you're a Reagan Republican ... vote for Johnson ...

THAT VIDEO PROVES Gary Johnson is a FAKE Libertarian. He supports Black Lives Matters, the TPP, Open Borders.. HE'S AS LIBERAL as they come.

Gary Johnson is the biggest QUACK and a faux Libertarian.. Libertarians do NOT demand what Gary Johnson does.. Gary Johnson wants to give ILLEGALS social security cards. When asked about vetting Syrians, he just says, LET THEM IN, we're responsible for our share..

I'm not big on Johnson either, I didn't give him a huge endorsement. But he's more like Reagan than Trump is. My point is that Trump isn't in any way like Reagan. His campaign was built on how great America is, Trump's is based on how great America isn't

America has slid a long way down the toilet bowl since Reagan's day.

You're very confused.

-Trump believes Trump is great, but he'll make America great ... if we elect him

-Reagan was all about optimism that our business is the best open the economic borders and we'll kick ass, he was right
-Trump is all about fear we can't compete so those feriners are going to steal our jobs

-Reagan was about wanting to lower taxes and regulations and our companies will want to be here, he was right

If you're a Reagan Republican and support Trump, you believe light is dark, up is down and government can best decide who we can do business with.

Johnson's not perfect for sure, but he's far more like Reagan than Trump is, and Trump isn't nearly different enough from Hillary for it to matter.

The last, desperate argument of the Republicans is the Supreme Court. Well, we've had decades of courts with Republican nominated majorities. At one point it was 7-2. We got shit for it. And John Roberts ignoring even the argument of the Obama administration and just declaring it a "tax" was the final nail in the coffin.

Healthcare exchanges, government deciding what policies need to include and all the rest of the Obamacare regulations are a "tax?" He's full of shit. And what Supreme Court ever told a side here's what you should have argued, and I'm going to pretend you did and rule for you?

Then there's this crap Trump is a capitalist, he only wants "fair" trade deals. Even if you believe someone who says he's for free trade keeps saying he isn't, his proposals go way beyond that. Punitive taxes on American businesses trying to escape our oppressive taxes and regulations isn't about trade and it's not capitalist, which is what made us so rich to start with.

That Trump thinks America isn't great, but he personally can make it great is frankly scary. But that he's anti-free trade and anti-Capitalist is unacceptable.

THAT VIDEO PROVES Gary Johnson is a FAKE Libertarian. He supports Black Lives Matters, the TPP, Open Borders.. HE'S AS LIBERAL as they come.

Gary Johnson is the biggest QUACK and a faux Libertarian.. Libertarians do NOT demand what Gary Johnson does.. Gary Johnson wants to give ILLEGALS social security cards. When asked about vetting Syrians, he just says, LET THEM IN, we're responsible for our share..

I'm not big on Johnson either, I didn't give him a huge endorsement. But he's more like Reagan than Trump is. My point is that Trump isn't in any way like Reagan. His campaign was built on how great America is, Trump's is based on how great America isn't

I wish there were a true Libertarian on the ticket this year.

Johnson doesn't hold Ronald Reagan's values, either, though.

Well, not completely. But in general, Johnson is a fiscal conservative and Reagan while talking to socons gave them nothing. Johnson wants to use the military less than Reagan, but frankly, Reagan used it too much

Well, not completely. But in general, Johnson is a fiscal conservative and Reagan while talking to socons gave them nothing. Johnson wants to use the military less than Reagan, but frankly, Reagan used it too much
Anyone who supports open borders supports the destruction of this country. Johnson isn't acceptable, period.

You're very confused.

I wish there were a true Libertarian on the ticket this year.

This! I'm so disappointed in the Libertarian Party for nominating him again. I loved voting for Harry Browne twice. Badnarik was pretty good. I personally respect Bob Barr for holding Clinton accountable, but he wasn't libertarian. And Johnson to me has little credibility. I so didn't want to support him. Unfortunately the parties gave me no choice.

He's still better than Trump and more like Reagan than Trump is

Anyone who supports open borders supports the destruction of this country. Johnson isn't acceptable, period.

Anyone who opposes free markets and capitalism supports the destruction of the country isn't acceptable, period.

So that eliminates everyone else running. So where do we go now?

I thoroughly agree.. The TPP which hands over our sovereignty to the UN, has a small arms treaty invoked within it to disarm Americans using UN blue helmets.. Creates a 12 member nation GLOBALIST power answerable to NO ONE but those 12 heads of STATE, without any checks and balances until 2027, when the American President has to issue a report on new treaty agreements, etc.. THIS IS WHY JEFF SESSIONS SOUNDED THE ALARM on the TPP... I was blogging for Breitbart during the tense debate on the floor and took an entire week off from work to go over the leaked documents from Wiki.. IT'S NOTHING SHORT OF FRIGHTENING... which is why it was locked in the basement of the Rayburn building with a guard and no cell phones were allowed in... WTF kind of shit is that??

Anyone who opposes free markets and capitalism supports the destruction of the country isn't acceptable, period.

So that eliminates everyone else running. So where do we go now?

We're fucked.. plain and simple.. I;ve believed for quite some time now that a Constitutional Congress would need to be convened but I no longer think that will work. I see Civil War on the horizon as a very real possibility.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
You're very confused.

Reaganites aren't supporting Donald Trump. This is no longer the party of Lincoln or Reagan, it is now the party of Trump. Full of ignorance, anger, fear, bigotry, misogyny and extremism. Their 2016 platform is full of it--(extremism and division.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=1

And it really couldn't be better stated than in a 3 minute video from a friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN

images

So Reaganites aka the majority of the Republican party are making a choice to vote for a 3rd party candidate, sit this election out, or cast a vote for Hillary Clinton. In fact 54% of the Republican party cast a vote for other candidates during the nomination process. These republlicans will never cast a vote for Donald Trump. A man with NO honor, NO respect, NO dignity, and the only loyalty he has ever shown to anyone was to himself and Russia. The most incompetent, unqualified, DANGEROUS candidate in this nation's history.

Trump is the reason that for the first time in 60 YEARS Republicans are losing white educated voters.
Trump May Become The First Republican In 60 Years To Lose White College Graduates
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...onald-trump-got-the-most-votes-in-gop-primary

A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

I know as a Democrat you just hate Republicans and know nothing about the reality of the party, just what Democrats program you to think, but there are a lot of Republicans who think they are Reagan Republicans and Trump supporters despite that it's an oxymoron

I love Libertarians.. As a strict Constitutionalist, I find myself more in agreement with the Libertarian side of the political divide but Gary Johnson is NOT a Libertarian..Not even close.

I've been saying that too. I agree with almost everything you say about Johnson. That's why I was such a reluctant supporter. But as I pointed out on the OP, Trump is the anti-Reagan. A campaign built on nothing but his ego and fear and defeat.

I'm referring more to the people who supported him in the primaries, not the ones who reluctantly support him now only because he's the one that was chosen over their votes and they can't abide Hillary. I get that, though I don't agree with them. Trump's constant campaign against capitalism is too much for me.

Though to the latter group, they should recognize at least through that Trump is no Reagan, he's an anti-Reagan. Reagan never, ever said he was the difference between America being and not being great. Trump is pedaling cowardice and fear. Oh, we need government to protect and save us! Bull, we need government to get out of the way.

Ronald Reagan: Government isn't the solution to our problem, government is the problem.

Not according to Trump who's running on that government ... controlled by him ... is the solution. No it's not, Reagan was right

I love Libertarians.. As a strict Constitutionalist, I find myself more in agreement with the Libertarian side of the political divide but Gary Johnson is NOT a Libertarian..Not even close.

I've been saying that too. I agree with almost everything you say about Johnson. That's why I was such a reluctant supporter. But as I pointed out on the OP, Trump is the anti-Reagan. A campaign built on nothing but his ego and fear and defeat.

I'm referring more to the people who supported him in the primaries, not the ones who reluctantly support him now only because he's the one that was chosen over their votes and they can't abide Hillary. I get that, though I don't agree with them. Trump's constant campaign against capitalism is too much for me.

Though to the latter group, they should recognize at least through that Trump is no Reagan, he's an anti-Reagan. Reagan never, ever said he was the difference between America being and not being great. Trump is pedaling cowardice and fear. Oh, we need government to protect and save us! Bull, we need government to get out of the way.

Ronald Reagan: Government isn't the solution to our problem, government is the problem.

Not according to Trump who's running on that government ... controlled by him ... is the solution. No it's not, Reagan was right

I will never vote for an Open Borders/ TPP / BLM thug /Amnesty liberal.. NOT EVER.. Donald Trump may be an unknown but I know precisely what Gary Johnson wants to do.. we will have no country left with Open Borders, not to mention the TPP.. NO DEAL.

You're very confused.

Don't waste your time telling us Trump isn't the perfect Republican.

You read my OP and all you got out of it is that Trump "isn't the perfect Republican?" Seriously?

Was George W Bush? Was McCain? Was Romney? Was Bush Sr?

Other than HW in is first election and Romney, that's a list of people I didn't vote for ...

The bottom line is that he's a million times better than the alternative: Hillary.

Two anti-capitalists, tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to

You're very confused.

Don't waste your time telling us Trump isn't the perfect Republican. Was George W Bush? Was McCain? Was Romney? Was Bush Sr?

The bottom line is that he's a million times better than the alternative: Hillary.

You read my OP and all you got out of it is that Trump "isn't the perfect Republican?" Seriously?

It's mostly hyperbole and mischaracterization.

You're very confused.

America has slid a long way down the toilet bowl since Reagan's day.

And the solution is the same, free markets, free trade, capitalism

Forum List

Back