If you're a Reagan Republican and a Trump supporter ...

I love Libertarians.. As a strict Constitutionalist, I find myself more in agreement with the Libertarian side of the political divide but Gary Johnson is NOT a Libertarian..Not even close.

I've been saying that too. I agree with almost everything you say about Johnson. That's why I was such a reluctant supporter. But as I pointed out on the OP, Trump is the anti-Reagan. A campaign built on nothing but his ego and fear and defeat.

I'm referring more to the people who supported him in the primaries, not the ones who reluctantly support him now only because he's the one that was chosen over their votes and they can't abide Hillary. I get that, though I don't agree with them. Trump's constant campaign against capitalism is too much for me.

Though to the latter group, they should recognize at least through that Trump is no Reagan, he's an anti-Reagan. Reagan never, ever said he was the difference between America being and not being great. Trump is pedaling cowardice and fear. Oh, we need government to protect and save us! Bull, we need government to get out of the way.

Ronald Reagan: Government isn't the solution to our problem, government is the problem.

Not according to Trump who's running on that government ... controlled by him ... is the solution. No it's not, Reagan was right

I will never vote for an Open Borders/ TPP / BLM thug /Amnesty liberal.. NOT EVER.. Donald Trump may be an unknown but I know precisely what Gary Johnson wants to do.. we will have no country left with Open Borders, not to mention the TPP.. NO DEAL.

Like I said, I understand. But I will never vote for someone who's campaign is based on anti-capitalist policies

You're very confused.

-Reagan believed America is great, he was right
-Trump believes Trump is great, but he'll make America great ... if we elect him

-Reagan was all about optimism that our business is the best open the economic borders and we'll kick ass, he was right
-Trump is all about fear we can't compete so those feriners are going to steal our jobs

-Reagan was about wanting to lower taxes and regulations and our companies will want to be here, he was right
-Trump is about punishing them if they try to leave

If you're a Reagan Republican and support Trump, you believe light is dark, up is down and government can best decide who we can do business with.

Johnson's not perfect for sure, but he's far more like Reagan than Trump is, and Trump isn't nearly different enough from Hillary for it to matter.

The last, desperate argument of the Republicans is the Supreme Court. Well, we've had decades of courts with Republican nominated majorities. At one point it was 7-2. We got shit for it. And John Roberts ignoring even the argument of the Obama administration and just declaring it a "tax" was the final nail in the coffin.

Healthcare exchanges, government deciding what policies need to include and all the rest of the Obamacare regulations are a "tax?" He's full of shit. And what Supreme Court ever told a side here's what you should have argued, and I'm going to pretend you did and rule for you?

Then there's this crap Trump is a capitalist, he only wants "fair" trade deals. Even if you believe someone who says he's for free trade keeps saying he isn't, his proposals go way beyond that. Punitive taxes on American businesses trying to escape our oppressive taxes and regulations isn't about trade and it's not capitalist, which is what made us so rich to start with.

That Trump thinks America isn't great, but he personally can make it great is frankly scary. But that he's anti-free trade and anti-Capitalist is unacceptable.

If you're a Reagan Republican ... vote for Johnson ...

Don't waste your time telling us Trump isn't the perfect Republican. Was George W Bush? Was McCain? Was Romney? Was Bush Sr?

The bottom line is that he's a million times better than the alternative: Hillary.

You read my OP and all you got out of it is that Trump "isn't the perfect Republican?" Seriously?

It's mostly hyperbole and mischaracterization.

Really? Where? Trump is not just advocating "fair" trade, he's advocating companies being punished for trying to leave our oppressive government regulations and taxes. Republicans keep saying he doesn't mean it. I don't buy that

Here are the cold hard facts: Either Hillary or Trump will be the next President- Just the truth... One of those two people will line the Supreme Court for the next generation which will forever change this country ... if it's Hillary, you can bet your ass it will be far left crazies who will all but trash the US Constitution and declare it invalid. We will be overrun at our borders- completely. We will be the new Venezuela and watch our economic might toppled which is what Globalism demands for a one currency globalist system. Now if this happens, we will see ALL OUT CIVIL WAR because I for one will not just lie down and allow my country to be destroyed.. I'm a girl but I will fight for my freedom. I wish to avoid this and so my vote will go to Donald J Trump.

Yes, that's pretty minimal to say he was a "liberal"

All it takes is a single Sin of thought, word, or deed to ruin one's Conservative credentials. He was also a former member of the Democratic Party.

I'm not confused at all. This election is not about parsing the differences between Reagan and Trump. It is about keeping a corrupt brain damaged Liberal from stacking the SC and continuing Obama's disastrous policies.

I'm not confused at all. This election is not about parsing the differences between Reagan and Trump. It is about keeping a corrupt brain damaged Liberal from stacking the SC and continuing Obama's disastrous policies.

There it is... I couldn't have said it better.. this is so vitally important and will forever change our nation. There won't be another election to worry about if Hillary wins and passes the TPP.. Everyone in this country should be required to read it IMO.. If you did, you would be scared out of your fucking mind.

You're very confused.

-Trump believes Trump is great, but he'll make America great ... if we elect him

-Reagan was all about optimism that our business is the best open the economic borders and we'll kick ass, he was right
-Trump is all about fear we can't compete so those feriners are going to steal our jobs

-Reagan was about wanting to lower taxes and regulations and our companies will want to be here, he was right

If you're a Reagan Republican and support Trump, you believe light is dark, up is down and government can best decide who we can do business with.

Johnson's not perfect for sure, but he's far more like Reagan than Trump is, and Trump isn't nearly different enough from Hillary for it to matter.

The last, desperate argument of the Republicans is the Supreme Court. Well, we've had decades of courts with Republican nominated majorities. At one point it was 7-2. We got shit for it. And John Roberts ignoring even the argument of the Obama administration and just declaring it a "tax" was the final nail in the coffin.

Healthcare exchanges, government deciding what policies need to include and all the rest of the Obamacare regulations are a "tax?" He's full of shit. And what Supreme Court ever told a side here's what you should have argued, and I'm going to pretend you did and rule for you?

Then there's this crap Trump is a capitalist, he only wants "fair" trade deals. Even if you believe someone who says he's for free trade keeps saying he isn't, his proposals go way beyond that. Punitive taxes on American businesses trying to escape our oppressive taxes and regulations isn't about trade and it's not capitalist, which is what made us so rich to start with.

That Trump thinks America isn't great, but he personally can make it great is frankly scary. But that he's anti-free trade and anti-Capitalist is unacceptable.

THAT VIDEO PROVES Gary Johnson is a FAKE Libertarian. He supports Black Lives Matters, the TPP, Open Borders.. HE'S AS LIBERAL as they come.

Gary Johnson is the biggest QUACK and a faux Libertarian.. Libertarians do NOT demand what Gary Johnson does.. Gary Johnson wants to give ILLEGALS social security cards. When asked about vetting Syrians, he just says, LET THEM IN, we're responsible for our share..

I'm not big on Johnson either, I didn't give him a huge endorsement. But he's more like Reagan than Trump is. My point is that Trump isn't in any way like Reagan. His campaign was built on how great America is, Trump's is based on how great America isn't

America has slid a long way down the toilet bowl since Reagan's day.

And the solution is the same, free markets, free trade, capitalism

The solution to open borders is free markets? The first thing to disappear in this country, after it's flooded with Mexicans who will keep the Democrats in power for the next 100 years, will be any semblance of a free market.

Electing Hillary means the end of the United States as a free country. It's as simple as that.

You're very confused.

THAT VIDEO PROVES Gary Johnson is a FAKE Libertarian. He supports Black Lives Matters, the TPP, Open Borders.. HE'S AS LIBERAL as they come.

Gary Johnson is the biggest QUACK and a faux Libertarian.. Libertarians do NOT demand what Gary Johnson does.. Gary Johnson wants to give ILLEGALS social security cards. When asked about vetting Syrians, he just says, LET THEM IN, we're responsible for our share..

I'm not big on Johnson either, I didn't give him a huge endorsement. But he's more like Reagan than Trump is. My point is that Trump isn't in any way like Reagan. His campaign was built on how great America is, Trump's is based on how great America isn't

The solution to open borders is free markets? The first thing to disappear in this country, after it's flooded with Mexicans who will keep the Democrats in power for the next 100 years, will be any semblance of a free market.

Electing Hillary means the end of the United States as a free country. It's as simple as that.

Ha ha? You think I said free markets solves open borders? Seriously? OK, I'll dumb this down for you.

You said border control is a litmus test for you.

I said capitalism is a litmus test for me. I did not say it solves open borders.

You should know that's what I was arguing because, well, duh, it's butt obvious

I don't think we are Conservatives, be we lean Libertarian or otherwise should argue or create a dismissive atmosphere... when it comes down to it, we're still all on the same side.

Ha ha? You think I said free markets solves open borders? Seriously? OK, I'll dumb this down for you.

I said capitalism is a litmus test for me. I did not say it solves open borders.

You failed to get the point. There won't be any capitalism after 8 years of Hillary with open borders. The Mexicans flooding in will make it impossible for any candidate who supports capitalism to get elected. If she gets elected, that will be the end of capitalism.

Who was running for the Republican nomination that supported capitalism? Bush? Nope. Kasich? Nope. Cruz? He didn't get the nomination, so there's no point in whining about him.

Who was the last Republican president who believed in capitalism? W? Nope. Bush Sr? Nope.

You're naive if you believe this country can withstand 8 years of Hillary. 8 years of Obama has nearly wrecked it, and Hillary will finish it off.

I don't think we are Conservatives, be we lean Libertarian or otherwise should argue or create a dismissive atmosphere... when it comes down to it, we're still all on the same side.

I think you and I are in the end on the same side. Again, I get voting for Trump because not Hillary even though I don't agree with it. I am not on the same side as the true Trump supporters who want to limit capitalism and free trade. When I provide jobs, I did that, not the government. Government does nothing but screw me.

Trump doesn't even need to encourage me to stay, I want to be here, I want my businesses to be here. He just has to get the government to stop screwing me. Trump and his supporters who want what he's selling are enemies of liberty. It's no more their right to tell me I'm not free to do with my property what I wish than it is for Democrats to tell me that. When Trump says he's going to punish companies that try to leave government's grasp, he identifies himself as a despot

I think you and I are in the end on the same side. Again, I get voting for Trump because not Hillary even though I don't agree with it. I am not on the same side as the true Trump supporters who want to limit capitalism and free trade. When I provide jobs, I did that, not the government. Government does nothing but screw me.

Trump doesn't even need to encourage me to stay, I want to be here, I want my businesses to be here. He just has to get the government to stop screwing me. Trump and his supporters who want what he's selling are enemies of liberty. It's no more their right to tell me I'm not free to do with my property what I wish than it is for Democrats to tell me that. When Trump says he's going to punish companies that try to leave government's grasp, he identifies himself as a despot

I can understand that line of thinking- where you're coming from.. it's Protectionist ... without laws we would have ANARCHY. Since when did it become legitimate, accepted- for Corporations who ride the system, who are represented by the World Bank, to game the system? I don't agree with you here.. For far too long the PIT in DC has been erected by special interests to protect whatever they fuck they do.. IT HAS TO STOP.

You failed to get the point. There won't be any capitalism after 8 years of Hillary with open borders. The Mexicans flooding in will make it impossible for any candidate who supports capitalism to get elected. If she gets elected, that will be the end of capitalism.

Who was running for the Republican nomination that supported capitalism? Bush? Nope. Kasich? Nope. Cruz? He didn't get the nomination, so there's no point in whining about him.

Who was the last Republican president who believed in capitalism? W? Nope. Bush Sr? Nope.

You're naive if you believe this country can withstand 8 years of Hillary. 8 years of Obama has nearly wrecked it, and Hillary will finish it off.

We're screwed whichever wins. Saying the Republicans are protecting us from the end of capitalism is like saying the getaway driver is standing between the bank robber and the bank.

The last who believed in Capitalism was Reagan, though is policies weren't perfect. But the others didn't run on a platform against capitalism. I did realize it and phrase it that way

Last edited:

I can understand that line of thinking- where you're coming from.. it's Protectionist ... without laws we would have ANARCHY. Since when did it become legitimate, accepted- for Corporations who ride the system, who are represented by the World Bank, to game the system? I don't agree with you here.. For far too long the PIT in DC has been erected by special interests to protect whatever they fuck they do.. IT HAS TO STOP.

I'm not clear what you're arguing here. I want government out of the economy, you know that. I don't believe the world bank should exist. Are you saying it makes sense to limit the freedom of all corporations by blocking us from freely dealing with whoever we want to because some get benefits I oppose like World Bank money? I'm not clear what you're arguing here exactly

I'm not clear what you're arguing here. I want government out of the economy, you know that. I don't believe the world bank should exist. Are you saying it makes sense to limit the freedom of all corporations by blocking us from freely dealing with whoever we want to because some get benefits I oppose like World Bank money? I'm not clear what you're arguing here exactly

I'm saying some regulation in the swamp of corruption is needed. Even a business man like Donald Trump knows it because he himself has gamed the system.. It's not that difficult to comprehend.. You may not want a world bank that the fact remains there is one that manipulates monetary policy, holds politicians and big business in their pocket which leaves small biznez, the ordinary citizen FUCKED..

I'm saying some regulation in the swamp of corruption is needed. Even a business man like Donald Trump knows it because he himself has gamed the system.. It's not that difficult to comprehend.. You may not want a world bank that the fact remains there is one that manipulates monetary policy, holds politicians and big business in their pocket which leaves small biznez, the ordinary citizen FUCKED..

I'm not an anarchist. And I don't see what preventing my business from operating freely has to do with "some regulation." When government tells me I can't trade with whomever they don't want me to for government policy objectives or I can't move my operations where ever I want to because I think my business should serve government interests, that's not "some regulation," that's a violation of my right to use my property (my business) however I want to when I haven't done anything wrong. It's a violation of my fifth amendment rights.

And clearly you're not who I'm talking about with this thread. I don't mean you can't post in this thread, it's a public message board. But the thread is targeted at people who think they are "Reagan Republicans" and want Trump and his anti-capitalist policies. You want Trump because you think he sucks less than Hillary

Reagan was about illegal arms sales to death squads in Nicaragua.
No one knows what Trump would do.

They weren't illegal, turd. Selling arms to the Iranians was, however. On the other hand, Obama just paid $1.7 billion in ransom money to the Iranians.
Ronald Reagan permitted a clandestine action not approved of by the United States Congress when, in 1985, he supplied weapons to Iran, a sworn enemy of the United States. Reagan took millions of dollars from the illegal weapons sale and routed them and guns to the right-wing "Contra" murder squads in Nicaragua whom he likened to "the moral equivalent of our Founding Fathers".
Learn a little history before you express your opinion and mind your manners.

You're very confused.

Neither Reagan nor Trump apologized for America nor did they call for a fundamental change in America. Where does Hillary fit?

Reagan was about illegal arms sales to death squads in Nicaragua.
No one knows what Trump would do.

They weren't illegal, turd. Selling arms to the Iranians was, however. On the other hand, Obama just paid $1.7 billion in ransom money to the Iranians.
Ronald Reagan permitted a clandestine action not approved of by the United States Congress when, in 1985, he supplied weapons to Iran, a sworn enemy of the United States. Reagan took millions of dollars from the illegal weapons sale and routed them and guns to the right-wing "Contra" murder squads in Nicaragua whom he likened to "the moral equivalent of our Founding Fathers".
Learn a little history before you express your opinion and mind your manners.

$400 Million reasons why this post is hysterical 31 years later.

Forum List

Back