In normal world, this is known as "fraud".

He turned down a jury trail because he hired a lawyer based on her cup size and she was too incompetent to check the correct box
If you are an attorney representing Trump you will most likely have to hire attorneys to represent you as ”they” are out to get Trump and anyone who has enough guts or is stupid enough to work for him.

In the normal world money lenders do their own homework and lend or not accordingly. In liberal idiot land TDS is all that's required to spout nonsense with no relation to reality.
On a portfolio loan the bank can do what they call a stated loan. In other words with a high credit borrower they allow that borrower to make a statement of facts and take them at their word. I would not call this a common practice but it does happen. Back before my wife went crazy and burned the world I myself was able to obtain stated loans. I have had 10 or 12 of them in my life time. My finances never came any where close to Trump’s so I have no problem believing this type of loan was offered to Trump.

That depends on the actual value. If the tax abatement appraisal is correct then the bank is the injured party. If the loan appraisal is correct then the state of New York is the injured party. Possibly both are the injured party. It is quite possible neither appraisal is correct and both the State of New York and the bank is the injured party. For tax abatement the state requires an appraisal to be performed. The bank may of may not require an appraisal by a licensed appraiser be performed if it is a portfolio loan. If the loan is not a portfolio loan an appraisal would be required. If the tax abatement appraisal is incorrect an appraiser will likely be going to jail. In the very least their license will be forfeited.
So then why not a charge of tax evasion?

And why aren't any banks or lenders suing for damages instead of the State of NY?

Portfolio loans aren't being cited in the fraud case.

Yes, according to the state of NY Trump did that 100s (maybe 1000s of times).

This is not about one lender or one loan, this is about a pattern over the course of years and years.

If you do not even know the details of the case, why are you wasting our time talking about it?

There’s a pattern of a business man applying for loans? That’s crazy talk .

The leftards haven’t figured out this entire thing has been and still is a campaign strategy for Leticia James.

I'm not arguing there's not a political agenda here, but it ain't the first. Still when the State chooses between crimes to take down a guy, they should choose the easiest ones to prove. And Trump is an illustration of pigs getting too fat at the trough.

I'm not arguing there's not a political agenda here, but it ain't the first. Still when the State chooses between crimes to take down a guy, they should choose the easiest ones to prove. And Trump is an illustration of pigs getting too fat at the trough.
and the first cause of action was a SLAM DUNK.

In Normal World, when you overstate the value of your holdings on official documents for the purpose of obtaining loans, that's known as "fraud". When you VASTLY overstate them, that's known as "another day in TrumpWorld™".

Defrauding people is "bad" It's "dishonest". People who commit fraud are "lying".

Here are just a few examples of how Trump commits fraud on financial documents to MAKE IT SEEM that he has a LOT more money than he does.

Trump Tower Triplex
Trump's claim: 30,000 sq ft
Actual appraisal: 10,996 sq ft

Seven Springs Estate Value
Trump's claim: $291 million
Actual appraisal: $30 million

40 Wall Street
Trump's claim: $527 million
Actual appraisal: $220 million

Mar-A-Lago
Trump's claim: $612 million
Actual value: $27.6 million

TNGC Briarcliff and TNGC LA
Trump's claim: $73 million
Actual value: $16 million

============

So I guess the question is, why are his followers so willing to overlook blatant fraud like this? Would any of you like to answer that question?

Let the deflection and personal attacks begin!

Source: Page 21 and beyond, DocumentCloud
have you convinced yourself yet???

Funny, This disgusting Mac1958 claims to actually hold a job in finance? lol! I would not let the fag manage a Childs' saving account.

Real Estate Value goes up and down. Sometimes more than 50% under Obiden 1.0. As do Tax Evaluation amounts. Pound sand blackgatermac.

True.

Even so, I would think any company would do its own audit before loaning anyone a large amount of money.
Duh. Of course they do. They are all billion dollar corporations that spend millions of dollars valuing the properties they are making loans on. All of the have said they were not defrauded

This lawsuit is a partisan political joke.

Duh. Of course they do. They are all billion dollar corporations that spend millions of dollars valuing the properties they are making loans on. All of the have said they were not defrauded

This lawsuit is a partisan political joke.
Of course it's political. What do you think Trump is planning?

But legally, you're wrong. You'd be correct, possibly, if the bank was suing Trump for money Trump .... show the damages.

But it's not the bank. It's a crime to intentionally inflate/deflate worth on sworn statements - that's fraud. If you have proof that Disney or some other corp "fiddled" its numbers in NY, let's have it. I think we'd find that Trump is "the king of debt."

So then why not a charge of tax evasion?

And why aren't any banks or lenders suing for damages instead of the State of NY?

Portfolio loans aren't being cited in the fraud case.
It may come. Two different values offered by the same entity establishes fraud. The injured party is not established until the real value is established. I am not running this show and it is a unique case considering those involved. In normal cases both sides would order three appraisals per property and then defend those values in court to determine a true value. Considering the state is the plaintiff the tax abatement appraisal will be the appraisal most scrutinized. Who ever performed that appraisal has to be shaking in their boots.

It may come. Two different values offered by the same entity establishes fraud. The injured party is not established until the real value is established. I am not running this show and it is a unique case considering those involved. In normal cases both sides would order three appraisals per property and then defend those values in court to determine a true value. Considering the state is the plaintiff the tax abatement appraisal will be the appraisal most scrutinized. Who ever performed that appraisal has to be shaking in their boots.
you need to read the court's summary judgment. The damning evidence is Trump's personal verifications under perjury as to fluctuating valuations on the same properties over time. It's a pattern showing fraud.

If it actually did then there would have been criminal charges filed by the state instead of a civil trial to seek monetary damages.

Of course it's political. What do you think Trump is planning?

But legally, you're wrong. You'd be correct, possibly, if the bank was suing Trump for money Trump .... show the damages.

But it's not the bank. It's a crime to intentionally inflate/deflate worth on sworn statements - that's fraud. If you have proof that Disney or some other corp "fiddled" its numbers in NY, let's have it. I think we'd find that Trump is "the king of debt."

Nope. I'm right. The fact that the banks/ insurance companies did their due diligence on the statements and didn't have a problem with them is the strongest evidence that they were not inflated or deflated.

Any testimony by so called "experts" the State puts on is nothing more than rank speculative masturbation.

(not sure what your reference to Disney is about)

Forum List

Back