In normal world, this is known as "fraud".

The Banker can you explain to your fellow Progressive Jihadists that lenders use their own appraisers that the borrower pays for? They seem to be stuck on stupid
Trump lied and misled everyone and comiteed serious fraud.

If anybody else did what Trump did, they would be in major trouble and Trump is getting exactly what he deserves.

Trump has lived a life of total crime and is a big time criminal on the level of a mob boss

Trump Tower Triplex
Trump's claim: 30,000 sq ft
Actual appraisal: 10,996 sq ft

Not hearing the testimony, I don't know yet how I would decide guilt or innocence if this was trial by jury, and I was a juror. So far I'd stick with innocent until proven guilty.

Based on your examples a couple of thoughts hit me:
  • what was the role/responsibility of the banks?
  • how did the overvaluation of property affect insurance costs?
Hopefully justice prevails, one way or the other. Looking forward to reading about the testimony. Not for any political reason, but rather insight to the world of high finance.

Trump lied and misled everyone and comiteed serious fraud.

If anybody else did what Trump did, they would be in major trouble and Trump is getting exactly what he deserves.

Trump has lived a life of total crime and is a big time criminal on the level of a mob boss

So you don't know how it works either. Amazing

Not hearing the testimony, I don't know yet how I would decide guilt or innocence if this was trial by jury, and I was a juror. So far I'd stick with innocent until proven guilty.

Hopefully justice prevails, one way or the other. Looking forward to reading about the testimony. Not for any political reason, but rather insight to the world of high finance.
The banks were entirely part of it. Most likely they didn't bother to do the proper due diligence, assuming that such a high profile individual with his wealth would not so blatantly lie. They're responsible for every penny they gave him. If anything was/is not repaid, tough shit for them. To no surprise, word out his fraud has been out for years, and most of the major banks will no longer work with him. Even Deutsche told him to pound sand, and that's unusual for them.

He overvalued his properties to get more favorable loan and insurance terms, and then miminized their value for tax purposes. When an individual applies for a loan or for insurance, they are signing an official financial document that includes clear and specific fraud provisions and warnings. Generally, these institutions allow for some leeway on the numbers, but not for the stratospheric misrepresentations he provided. He blatantly lied on financial documents and was caught.

Therefore, he defrauded the banks even if they DIDN'T loan him the money.

In Normal World, when you overstate the value of your holdings on official documents for the purpose of obtaining loans, that's known as "fraud". When you VASTLY overstate them, that's known as "another day in TrumpWorld™".

Defrauding people is "bad" It's "dishonest". People who commit fraud are "lying".

Here are just a few examples of how Trump commits fraud on financial documents to MAKE IT SEEM that he has a LOT more money than he does.

Trump Tower Triplex

Seven Springs Estate Value
Trump's claim: $291 million
Actual appraisal: $30 million

40 Wall Street
Trump's claim: $527 million
Actual appraisal: $220 million

Mar-A-Lago
Trump's claim: $612 million
Actual value: $27.6 million

TNGC Briarcliff and TNGC LA
Trump's claim: $73 million
Actual value: $16 million

============

So I guess the question is, why are his followers so willing to overlook blatant fraud like this? Would any of you like to answer that question?

Let the deflection and personal attacks begin!

Source: Page 21 and beyond, DocumentCloud
In a normal world your case does not depend on testimony from Michael Cohen. This is a joke and the OP is a hack.

In Normal World, when you overstate the value of your holdings on official documents for the purpose of obtaining loans, that's known as "fraud". When you VASTLY overstate them, that's known as "another day in TrumpWorld™".

Defrauding people is "bad" It's "dishonest". People who commit fraud are "lying".

Here are just a few examples of how Trump commits fraud on financial documents to MAKE IT SEEM that he has a LOT more money than he does.

Trump Tower Triplex

Seven Springs Estate Value
Trump's claim: $291 million
Actual appraisal: $30 million

40 Wall Street
Trump's claim: $527 million
Actual appraisal: $220 million

Mar-A-Lago
Trump's claim: $612 million
Actual value: $27.6 million

TNGC Briarcliff and TNGC LA
Trump's claim: $73 million
Actual value: $16 million

============

So I guess the question is, why are his followers so willing to overlook blatant fraud like this? Would any of you like to answer that question?

Let the deflection and personal attacks begin!

Source: Page 21 and beyond, DocumentCloud
Interesting. So who exactly was it that was harmed by this alleged "fraud", Mac? The banks? They were repaid the loans with interest. So who is the injured party here?

murder is a crime no matter if charges are ever pressed. fraud is as well. assumption of innocence rests on the alleged perp, not the crime itself.
Wow, only the most severe cases of TDS could ever link fraud and murder in such a way. Seek help now. Where are these sentiments when it comes to shoplifting or entering this country illegally? Do you idiots even know how stupid you sound?

yeah. it's really hard to decide for a jury if the sq footage is 10 or 30. totally difficult.

And you wonder why corporations are leaving NY. With this precedent, the State has made it clear that they will bankrupt you and put you out of business simply becasue they think you're a poopy head and hold the wrong political positions.

disgraceful behavior of the leftist judge presiding over President Trump’s real estate trial in New York City. Now video has emerged raising even more alarm bells.

Trump on Monday flew to New York City where he was called to court in another junk lawsuit hurled at him by Democrats.

During the hearing in the Democrats’ continued lawfare assault against the Republican frontrunner in the 2024 election, Judge Arthur Engoron smirked and started laughing.

1696356852128.png

CrusaderFrank s
The banks were entirely part of it. Most likely they didn't bother to do the proper due diligence, assuming that such a high profile individual with his wealth would not so blatantly lie. They're responsible for every penny they gave him. If anything was/is not repaid, tough shit for them. To no surprise, word out his fraud has been out for years, and most of the major banks will no longer work with him. Even Deutsche told him to pound sand, and that's unusual for them.

He overvalued his properties to get more favorable loan and insurance terms, and then miminized their value for tax purposes. When an individual applies for a loan or for insurance, they are signing an official financial document that includes clear and specific fraud provisions and warnings. Generally, these institutions allow for some leeway on the numbers, but not for the stratospheric misrepresentations he provided. He blatantly lied on financial documents and was caught.

Therefore, he defrauded the banks even if they DIDN'T loan him the money.
TDS

Forum List

Back