Income Inequality Is A Myth

Obama has stagnated our incomes at the same time he's pumping $85 billion/mo into the stock market throwing billions at the rich. He's intentionally widening the gap between the rich and the poor.

So is Trump with his new Tax bill
World's Wealthiest Billionaires Got Nearly $1 Trillion Richer In 2017: Bloomberg | HuffPost
So?
With each passing quarter, the GDP grows at a rate of 3% . With the signing of the Tax Relief Act, that number is expected to increase,. Leading economists predict as much as 5% GDP growth by the end of 2018
Which means a growing economy. Which means more jobs. The supply of labor is diminishing. Meaning, the market will force wages upward.
Everybody who chooses to participate, wins.

Obama has stagnated our incomes at the same time he's pumping $85 billion/mo into the stock market throwing billions at the rich. He's intentionally widening the gap between the rich and the poor.

World's Wealthiest Billionaires Got Nearly $1 Trillion Richer In 2017: Bloomberg | HuffPost
So?
Everyone is getting wealthier. With each passing quarter, the GDP grows at a rate of 3% .
Which means a growing economy. Which means more jobs. The supply of labor is diminishing. Meaning, the market will force wages upward.
Everybody who chooses to participate wins.
No everyone is not getting wealthier. Blue collar who were struggling last year still are. Wages are not up. Don’t lie.

And my wages actually did go up this year. It wasn’t trump.

Business and the rich were doing fine last year. They’re doing even better right now yes but you haven’t proven trickle down works yet because it hasn’t yet.

The economy improving is the only way trump gets re elected. So far I can’t cry. He hasn’t ruined what obama gave him which was a good start. Bush handed obama a Great Recession. Clinton handed bush a surplus.

So?
Everyone is getting wealthier. With each passing quarter, the GDP grows at a rate of 3% .
No everyone is not getting wealthier. Blue collar who were struggling last year still are. Wages are not up. Don’t lie.

Business and the rich were doing fine last year. They’re doing even better right now yes but you haven’t proven trickle down works yet because it hasn’t yet.

The economy improving is the only way trump gets re elected. So far I can’t cry. He hasn’t ruined what obama gave him which was a good start. Bush handed obama a Great Recession. Clinton handed bush a surplus.
Well you are welcome to keep regurgitating the left wing narrative. It doesn't make it true.
Our economy has always been trickle down/supply side. This is the greatest economy in the world.
If the election of Donald Trump was not the cause of the sudden and dramatic reversal of a sagging economy, one which saw ZERO quarters where GDP growth exceeded 3%, then I ask, what did cause this? And don''t even try crediting Obama. He did NOTHING to improve this nation's economy Nothing. In fact he did everything to scuttle it. He in direct violation of federal statute, removed the EPA from Congressional oversight without asking Congress to write a bill to repeal the law that created the EPA. Then he weaponized the EPA against the US Energy industry. Just as he weaponized the DOJ against those who he saw as political enemies. And Weaponized the IRS against conservative groups.
Our domestic oil and gas production was not because of Obama's policies. It was in spite of them. Fortunately. the areas from which the oil and gas production originates is all private land. Had it been on federal land, Obama and his "I would be comfortable with four dollar gasoline" would have gotten his wish. Out of SPITE.
Obama was incensed that he could not ram down the throats of Americans his 'green energy initiative"...Which was nothing more than a new round of taxes on business and individuals.

So?

Well you are welcome to keep regurgitating the left wing narrative. It doesn't make it true.
Our economy has always been trickle down/supply side. This is the greatest economy in the world.
If the election of Donald Trump was not the cause of the sudden and dramatic reversal of a sagging economy, one which saw ZERO quarters where GDP growth exceeded 3%, then I ask, what did cause this? And don''t even try crediting Obama. He did NOTHING to improve this nation's economy Nothing. In fact he did everything to scuttle it. He in direct violation of federal statute, removed the EPA from Congressional oversight without asking Congress to write a bill to repeal the law that created the EPA. Then he weaponized the EPA against the US Energy industry. Just as he weaponized the DOJ against those who he saw as political enemies. And Weaponized the IRS against conservative groups.
Our domestic oil and gas production was not because of Obama's policies. It was in spite of them. Fortunately. the areas from which the oil and gas production originates is all private land. Had it been on federal land, Obama and his "I would be comfortable with four dollar gasoline" would have gotten his wish. Out of SPITE.
Obama was incensed that he could not ram down the throats of Americans his 'green energy initiative"...Which was nothing more than a new round of taxes on business and individuals.

Sure corporate America is happy with the election of Donald Trump. He's a corporate hack. Now lets see if it trickles down. And no we aren't always the same type of trickle down country. When Bush or Trump are in office, the rich do better and the poor do worse. Even Reagan sucked for the middle class in hindsight.

So far Trump hasn't ruined the economy I'll give you that. And I have no proof YET that he is hurting us other than this bad tax bill that's a gift to the rich. FURTHER widening the gap between the rich and poor.

You blamed Obama for this last year. Now you say the gap is no big deal. That's because you guys are fools and idiots. Brainwashed or liars. If you are rich you're a liar.

I hear this tax break in the end is going to work out to be nothing for us middle class but a forever gift for the rich. Oh well we can undo it in 2021.

So?

Sure corporate America is happy with the election of Donald Trump. He's a corporate hack. Now lets see if it trickles down. And no we aren't always the same type of trickle down country. When Bush or Trump are in office, the rich do better and the poor do worse. Even Reagan sucked for the middle class in hindsight.

So far Trump hasn't ruined the economy I'll give you that. And I have no proof YET that he is hurting us other than this bad tax bill that's a gift to the rich. FURTHER widening the gap between the rich and poor.

You blamed Obama for this last year. Now you say the gap is no big deal. That's because you guys are fools and idiots. Brainwashed or liars. If you are rich you're a liar.

I hear this tax break in the end is going to work out to be nothing for us middle class but a forever gift for the rich. Oh well we can undo it in 2021.
Trump is busy removing what was holding the economy back.
Obama called it needed regulations.
I call it a pattern of intentionally causing the costs of doing business to rise.
This, coupled with the tax cuts, is as we speak catapulting the economy immensely.

Obama brags about the longest period of sustained (poor) growth in US history....but forgets to mention the poor growth part.

Last edited:
So?

I call it a pattern of intentionally causing the costs of doing business to rise.
This, coupled with the tax cuts, is as we speak catapulting the economy immensely.

Obama brags about the longest period of sustained (poor) growth in US history....but forgets to mention the poor growth part.
But the rich did great under obama. You’ll have to show me more than better growth to win me over, although I am happy to see better growth.

I think you’ll be ok if trump lets down the blue collar folks he promised to improve their lives. To bring jobs back and wages up. You don’t need to convince me. I’m successful enough you think I would buy the gop bs but they’ve always let me down so let’s just see if things get better for the middle class.

Stop bragging about how well the stock market rich and corporations are doing. They were doing fine before.

I predict if they’re doing better then they shifted the tax burden more into us. You’ll see.

I already see property tax republicans crying because they’re going to lose a huge deduction. Do you know about that?

So?

But the rich did great under obama. You’ll have to show me more than better growth to win me over, although I am happy to see better growth.

I think you’ll be ok if trump lets down the blue collar folks he promised to improve their lives. To bring jobs back and wages up. You don’t need to convince me. I’m successful enough you think I would buy the gop bs but they’ve always let me down so let’s just see if things get better for the middle class.

Stop bragging about how well the stock market rich and corporations are doing. They were doing fine before.

I predict if they’re doing better then they shifted the tax burden more into us. You’ll see.

I already see property tax republicans crying because they’re going to lose a huge deduction. Do you know about that?
I don't care about the rich doing well while everyone else is suffering. Now everyone is doing better across the board.
That's something that you folks on the left fail to grasp. Democrats created a problem and then use their advocates in the media to project the blame on the rich...or the GOP.
8 years ago I didn't see homeless people begging on the side of the road here.....now they're at every other intersection it seems.

So?

See, this is where you are not only all over the place, you;re making it up as you go along.
First you whine about the poor. Then you as an offset and deflection, toss in the middle class.
None of this applies to the facts.
During all three of the above mentioned administrations, the economy was soaring.
And now it is again.
This issue about the wealthy/rich is just a left wing narrative. Its a load of crap.
Your side's problem is you believe prosperity is achieved by removing capital( taxation) from the economy.
Another fact that crushes your argument is that in modern history no nation has ever produced prosperity or a growing economy through taxation.
This entire notion ( complaint) regarding wealth/income gaps is nonsense. It is so because the idea presupposes that income should be equal in the first place. Such is not and never has been the case.
Trickle down or supply side economics does the best for the most. It is the best system on earth. That is a fact.
"You blamed Obama for this last year."...No, I blamed him for the shitty economy of the last EIGHT years. https://nypost.com/2017/03/30/gdp-growth-under-obama-was-worst-in-decades/
Barack Obama Is Now The Only President In History To Never Have A Year Of 3% GDP Growth | Zero Hedge
"Now you say the gap is no big deal. That's because you guys are fools and idiots." ...No particular reason., Correct>? Just let the insults fly as a means to satisfy yourself?
So tell me, why does this so called income gap , which your side insists upon jumping from one term ( income gap) to another (wealth gap) to another, such a sore spot for you? Why does it matter to you how much another person earns or the amount of wealth they possess? In what way does the wealth of another person affect you?
"Brainwashed or liars." More insults and no substantive rebuttal
"If you are rich you're a liar."...I'm not wealthy. I am however not going to stop trying to get there. And if I do, I will do what I want with MY money. Its none of your friggn business, if i save it, invest it, give it away, or use it as kindling my fire place.
I may choose to be the most selfish bastard on the planet( this fits many wealthy liberals) or the most generous. It should not matter one iota to you. Because it not your affair.

So?

Stock market rich? Oy vey..
Lets see, your 401k? Your IRA accounts? Pension funds? Those with individual investment accounts?....Yeah, the stock market rich..
Please. You lefties are so full of rage, you cannot think things through clearly.

So?

Hey genius. ALL of the tax bracket percentages were lowered. Except the top marginal rate. Most importantly. the rate for SMALL business that are "pas through" to personal income. will see their rate fall from a ridiculous 39.6% to a more reasonable 23%....Remember 60% of us are employed by small business. Defined as those with fewer than 50 total employees. That tax break helps create jobs, increases purchasing for repair, maintenance, expansion,. All of which trickle down to other businesses in the form of commerce.
Your side accuses business owners as all being wealthy and greedy. That they will take tax reduction receipts and ( I really love this one) "hoard" their money. When the precise opposite is true.

So, tell me, oh great one, where is the problem?
BTW, on this alleged hoarding thing. It is none of your business what one does with THEIR money. It is not yours to have any input whatsoever. NONE.

I don't care about the rich doing well while everyone else is suffering. Now everyone is doing better across the board.
That's something that you folks on the left fail to grasp. Democrats created a problem and then use their advocates in the media to project the blame on the rich...or the GOP.
8 years ago I didn't see homeless people begging on the side of the road here.....now they're at every other intersection it seems.
Add this. During the Obama regime, a record 50 million were on some sort of public assistance. Another factoid. The US had its LOWEST labor participation rate ( U-6) in over 40 years. Meanwhile the Obama minions had this to say. "Obama has created 3 million...No, 5 million. No, 8 million,...Oh...Wait a minute.....TWELVE MILLION new jobs." Meanwhile the number of new unemployment claims kept rising and the labor participation rate continued to fall.
The fact is, this guy did everything he could to scuttle the US economy. And with statements such as "this is the new normal, get used to it". And " those jobs are not coming back"..Throw this in. "The electricity and coal industries would necessarily go bankrupt"....Last one. "I would be comfortable with four dollar gasoline".

Add this. During the Obama regime, a record 50 million were on some sort of public assistance. Another factoid. The US had its LOWEST labor participation rate ( U-6) in over 40 years. Meanwhile the Obama minions had this to say. "Obama has created 3 million...No, 5 million. No, 8 million,...Oh...Wait a minute.....TWELVE MILLION new jobs." Meanwhile the number of new unemployment claims kept rising and the labor participation rate continued to fall.
The fact is, this guy did everything he could to scuttle the US economy. And with statements such as "this is the new normal, get used to it". And " those jobs are not coming back"..Throw this in. "The electricity and coal industries would necessarily go bankrupt"....Last one. "I would be comfortable with four dollar gasoline".
He discovered the US Economy was a tough egg to crack.
If he had just left it alone the economy would have fixed itself, but he kept fucking with it. And now Obama is seeing all of that interference going up in smoke. Trump is destroying his legacy. A legacy of depressed wages, perpetual stagnation, low productivity, and sky-rocketing costs.

If he had just left it alone the economy would have fixed itself, but he kept fucking with it. And now Obama is seeing all of that interference going up in smoke. Trump is destroying his legacy. A legacy of depressed wages, perpetual stagnation, low productivity, and sky-rocketing costs.

Of course that's your right wing spin on it. Of course it's complete bullshit but that won't stop you.

Who gives fuck what a right wing idiot thinks. We know what you think.

Survey: Historians rank Obama 12th best president

55 Reasons Obama Will Go Down As One Of Our Best Presidents | HuffPost

Of course that's your right wing spin on it. Of course it's complete bullshit but that won't stop you.

The fact that all you could provide is an opinion piece from the ultra left wing huffpo proves you have no argument.
"Historians"?....Please.
And, the fact that you DID respond to the OP, you DO care about what we conservatives think.
That is because WE now drive the economy. And there is nothing you can do to slow it down.
Look why are you complaining. You said so yourself "I got a raise"...
Or, is it your undying need to have something, anything about which you can complain?

The fact that all you could provide is an opinion piece from the ultra left wing huffpo proves you have no argument.
"Historians"?....Please.
And, the fact that you DID respond to the OP, you DO care about what we conservatives think.
That is because WE now drive the economy. And there is nothing you can do to slow it down.
Or, is it your undying need to have something, anything about which you can complain?

I hope you are right. I'm just telling you from experience and because I'm not a brainwashed dope you are not right. I hope you are. I'm doing great at my job. I got a huge raise this year. I hope Trump doesn't fuck up the economy like Bush did. I hope Trump isn't anti labor like Reagan and HW Bush were. I know Trump talks like he's pro labor but so far I haven't seen enough.

There is nothing we can do to stop you from running the economy into the ditch again either like Bush did. Never forget he caused the greatest recession since the great Depression. Please don't ever forget that he took the title as worst president ever from Carter. Remember before Bush Republicans said that about Carter all the time. Now they can't. Now they try to say Obama was the worst but facts show that's a lie too.

But your lies won you the White House and Senate and House of Representatives. PLEASE don't fuck up like you have every other time you were in charge (during my lifetime).

The only hope I have is Trump has pretended to be a different kind of Republican. I'm hoping he is a different kind of republican/conservative because the traditional ones sucked.

You can't even deny they sucked because if they didn't suck Jeb would be our President right now but no one is putting another Bush in the White House.

And you guys are very unpopular. That's how Trump beat Rubio, Kasich, Cruz, Jeb, Christie....

Remember you guys were so proud of your wide field of choices? Turns out NONE OF THE ABOVE would do. That's why Trump beat them in the GOP primaries.

Trump fooled moderates and independents into thinking he was different. Lets see if he is. He said he'd fix nafta, stop china from currency manipulation, bring jobs back home and make america great again for blue collar. He hasn't yet.

Oh, and it's a lot easier to build on a good economy that Obama handed Trump. I'd like to see Trump get out of the recession Bush caused and do it with an obstructionist congress.

Hell, even with a friendly congress Trump only passed one bill this year. And that one tax bill ends up being a scam on the middle class. Turns out we're going to pay more in property taxes. In the end this might not even be a tax break at all for us. When the tax breaks on the middle class expire but we are paying more in property taxes? You guys let the GOP fuck us again. Thanks.

You have to wonder what the end game is for Liberals in the income inequality debate. To make things "fair" do they want to make everyone rich, that's impossible the price of goods and services will rise to a point were your not really rich but in the same situation as before. The only solution is to make everyone poor and dependent on the Government.

An interesting fact one of the nations with the the lowest Gini coefficient is Afghanistan where the average annual salary is $600. The second highest is Sweden the supposedly "Democratic" Socialist utopia that the left tries to smear in everyone's face

"Historians"?....Please.

I hope you are right. I'm just telling you from experience and because I'm not a brainwashed dope you are not right. I hope you are. I'm doing great at my job. I got a huge raise this year. I hope Trump doesn't fuck up the economy like Bush did. I hope Trump isn't anti labor like Reagan and HW Bush were. I know Trump talks like he's pro labor but so far I haven't seen enough.

There is nothing we can do to stop you from running the economy into the ditch again either like Bush did. Never forget he caused the greatest recession since the great Depression. Please don't ever forget that he took the title as worst president ever from Carter. Remember before Bush Republicans said that about Carter all the time. Now they can't. Now they try to say Obama was the worst but facts show that's a lie too.

But your lies won you the White House and Senate and House of Representatives. PLEASE don't fuck up like you have every other time you were in charge (during my lifetime).

The only hope I have is Trump has pretended to be a different kind of Republican. I'm hoping he is a different kind of republican/conservative because the traditional ones sucked.

You can't even deny they sucked because if they didn't suck Jeb would be our President right now but no one is putting another Bush in the White House.

And you guys are very unpopular. That's how Trump beat Rubio, Kasich, Cruz, Jeb, Christie....

Remember you guys were so proud of your wide field of choices? Turns out NONE OF THE ABOVE would do. That's why Trump beat them in the GOP primaries.

Trump fooled moderates and independents into thinking he was different. Lets see if he is. He said he'd fix nafta, stop china from currency manipulation, bring jobs back home and make america great again for blue collar. He hasn't yet.

Oh, and it's a lot easier to build on a good economy that Obama handed Trump. I'd like to see Trump get out of the recession Bush caused and do it with an obstructionist congress.

Hell, even with a friendly congress Trump only passed one bill this year. And that one tax bill ends up being a scam on the middle class. Turns out we're going to pay more in property taxes. In the end this might not even be a tax break at all for us. When the tax breaks on the middle class expire but we are paying more in property taxes? You guys let the GOP fuck us again. Thanks.
Which experiences are those?
WHat does an improving economy have to do with what you refer to as brainwashing?
I am not wrong. I have entered into this discussion with facts. You have presented your perceptions and beliefs.
You argued that Obama is responsible for the growing economy of the present. I presented facts to the contrary. In fact in this thread, I posted links clearly indicating that our economy during Obama's two terms was at best, flat.
Bush did not "fuck up" the economy.
Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Mel Watt along with others who insisted that home ownership was a "right".
In 2003 the Bush admin TOLD the House Banking Committe and the Ways and Means leadership that the real estate bubble was going ot burst. And that the rules which were set up by democrats in Congress needed to be rescinded.
Instead, Frank, et al doubled down on their insistence and at their behest created these shady investments where mortgages were packaged together and sold as "securities". Then the feds made the rules that guaranteed in the event of default, the federal govt would guarantee them
When the bottom fell out, those that started all of this ran to the media and told them "point the finger at Wall Street"...Shortly thereafter, the term "Wall Street" became a new swear word. And without doing any thinking on their own, many people who were in need of a scapegoat, bought into the "wall Street" thing.
The fact is many people who bought homes with lousy credit and shaky finances KNEW they should not be signing those papers. But the feeling of entitlement overcame them. And sign they did .
The federal government once again created a crisis( lack of home ownership by low income people) as a result created a disaster which nearly collapsed the economy of the entire planet. Of course Frank, Dodd and cohorts screamed from the dais in the House Chamber that it was BUSH that did this.The BANKS did this, WALL STREET did this....THEY collapsed the housing market. Nonsense.
Had the federal government just stayed the hell out of the housing business and not weaponized policy to force banks to give money to unqualified applicants, none of this would have occurred.
"He said he'd fix nafta, stop china from currency manipulation, bring jobs back home and make america great again for blue collar. He hasn't yet."
Yeah? Trump also has been in office less than a year. And already we have seen dramatic improvement in the economy.
Trump has THREE YEARS left on his term. Who the hell are to demand everything be done yesterday?
On obstruction.....Obama's policy was unwanted by the majiroty of the country.
Trumps policies are very popular among those who have kept themselves informed.
Getting us out of NAFTA will involve many US based companies. BTW Trump never said he'd "get us out of NAFTA". I can find no such quote. At least those available on line.
I do know that POTUS made references to free trade agreements made in the past that have been detrimental to US business interests. And that he would make efforts to renegotiate those so that they are more favorable to the US.
China's currency issues will have to remain as is.
The problem with China is their government owns billions of dollars in US Bonds. Some call this "US Debt". Not the same thing. We sell bonds, which are obligations. These can be sold at anytime, but if sold prior to maturity, the buyer LOSES part of their investment. China cannot simply say to the US "give us our money back". It doesn't work that way.
That said,. if the Renminbi were permitted to float on the currency exchanges, the currency would collapse because it is essentially worthless.
Please google "Chinese ghost cities".....You'll get an idea. Also, the Chinese government is heavily invested in domestic industry. If the Renminbi collapses there would be an economic shock wave experienced across the globe

Forum List

Back