Income Inequality Is A Myth

half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

Wealth and income are two entirely different things.
Chris again shows that he can't understand.

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Your graph doesn't include the Obama presidency.
Include those years and you might find that during his administration the income gap has widened.
Or, you could just continue to be an ignoramus. Your choice.

I would care to guess that 99% of all economist know there is income inequality. I could post article after article from economists of all stripes acknowledging that there is in fact income inequality. Sowell is the right wing's version of Krugman. They are both political hacks.
And we all know what you are about Rabbi.
Growing apart … And It’s Destroying Our Economy →
Inequality: Growing apart | The Economist

Who’s Who of Prominent Economists and Billionaire Investors Say that Runaway Inequality Harms the Economy
Who?s Who of Prominent Economists and Billionaire Investors Say that Runaway Inequality Harms the Economy | Washington's Blog

Richest 1 percent earn biggest share since '20s

Richest 1 percent earn biggest share since '20s - WSJ.com

The Unequal State of America: a Reuters series
The Unequal State of America: A Reuters series

Obama's America: Income Inequality Grows -- and Prosperity Declines
Obama's America: Income Inequality Grows -- and Prosperity Declines - Carol Platt Liebau

I even included some pretty hard far right resources, they all realize the yes, there is income inequality. It's a danger to the US economy.
I love how our resident non-economists know so much more about economics than the world's top economists of all stripes..

Income inequality as a political issue is an urban myth. Incomes will always differ. However we currently have a president that talks like he wants to help the poor but instead is helping the rich and holding down the poor and the Middle Class. As for Obama, he and his friends are all 1%ers.

Is income inequality real or not? It seems the worlds economists and investors say it does exist. It's only a myth in the mind of the deniers.

thus why this is a waste of time. You literally posted links for these people and its still not good enough.

Income inequality as a political issue is an urban myth. Incomes will always differ. However we currently have a president that talks like he wants to help the poor but instead is helping the rich and holding down the poor and the Middle Class. As for Obama, he and his friends are all 1%ers.

Is income inequality real or not? It seems the worlds economists and investors say it does exist. It's only a myth in the mind of the deniers.

thus why this is a waste of time. You literally posted links for these people and its still not good enough.

If the links are horseshit what's the point. Just like Global Warming and the hole in the ozone layer this is a manufactured crisis.

Inflation is what drives this. Not income inequality.

Last edited:
That's just stupid. The difference between the 1% and the 99% isn't what we have, it's we did with what we have.
Fuck you, you piece of shit asshole, who is a traitor to this country!

1% of the population, own 70% of the assets.

That's income inequality you fucking prick!

Seems Forbes disagrees with you folks who take a partisan economist's word for it. And yes, income inequality is bad. Bad for a consumer driven economy. It's that simple. It's crazy that people fail to see it. No actually it's unbelievable.
How Income Inequality Is Damaging the U.S
How Income Inequality Is Damaging the U.S. - Forbes

Inequality Is Holding Back the Recovery

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/inequality-is-holding-back-the-recovery/?_r=0

And an opinion piece in Forbes is not that of a partisan economist?:lol:
The article you cite assumes a causal relationship, although it is not proven. And the problem seems to come from gov't interference, according to that same article.
Dismissed.

So you saying Forbes is liberal?
I would care to guess that 99% of all economist know there is income inequality. I could post article after article from economists of all stripes acknowledging that there is in fact income inequality. Sowell is the right wing's version of Krugman. They are both political hacks.
And we all know what you are about Rabbi.
Growing apart … And It’s Destroying Our Economy →
Inequality: Growing apart | The Economist

Who’s Who of Prominent Economists and Billionaire Investors Say that Runaway Inequality Harms the Economy
Who?s Who of Prominent Economists and Billionaire Investors Say that Runaway Inequality Harms the Economy | Washington's Blog

Richest 1 percent earn biggest share since '20s

Richest 1 percent earn biggest share since '20s - WSJ.com

The Unequal State of America: a Reuters series
The Unequal State of America: A Reuters series

Obama's America: Income Inequality Grows -- and Prosperity Declines

Obama's America: Income Inequality Grows -- and Prosperity Declines - Carol Platt Liebau

The income gap (written by the managing Editor of Fortune Magazine)
The income gap - Aug. 19, 2013

Fix the Inequality Gap: Bloomberg Businessweek Opening Remarks
Fix the Inequality Gap: Bloomberg Businessweek Opening Remarks - Bloomberg

Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, The Economist, I even included a pretty hard far right resources (Townhall), they all realize the yes, there is income inequality. It's a danger to the US economy.
I love how our resident non-economists know so much more about economics than the world's top economists of all stripes. We are so lucky to have economic geniuses here at USMB!

Forbes is actually pretty liberal, yes.
But that's irrelevant.
Only a fool denies that some people earn more than other people. It is apparent. What remains unproven is that this simple fact is a "problem" that calls for a "solution." It is not a problem. Therefore no solution is required.

That's just brilliant. An issue between the 1% and the remainder.
What a load of crap..
This theory of income inequality or wealth gaps or whatever label one wishes to use is purely political. It's being used by the left to gin up support for democrat candidates who regurgitate this talking point.
If a candidate was actually opposed to the this alleged 'gap', he or she would be turning down checks from anyone who's income is over $300k per year. Of course, that's not going to happen. Political candidates NEED that money.
It's not crap, it's a fucking reality brought to light by the OWS movement.

what about woman's suffering?
i made my point about voting and that was that.

Your point was based on a false assumption which you threw out and didn't want to discuss because it was something you knew you couldn't prove.

You follow? Or must I spell it out further?

no i didnt want to discuss this issue with Rabbi, just Rabbi because it is a worthless venture.

Because you get your ass handed to you every time and you are forced to say silly shit like I am a racist.
This result occurs because you have both an inferior intelligence, and thus can not comprehend and derive reasonable inferences from what you read; and a limited knowledge base, which limits your field of experience vastly below that of others here.
Maybe you could try another board somewhere?

:lol:
Your point was based on a false assumption which you threw out and didn't want to discuss because it was something you knew you couldn't prove.

You follow? Or must I spell it out further?

no i didnt want to discuss this issue with Rabbi, just Rabbi because it is a worthless venture.

Because you get your ass handed to you every time and you are forced to say silly shit like I am a racist.
This result occurs because you have both an inferior intelligence, and thus can not comprehend and derive reasonable inferences from what you read; and a limited knowledge base, which limits your field of experience vastly below that of others here.
Maybe you could try another board somewhere?

That's just stupid. The difference between the 1% and the 99% isn't what we have, it's we did with what we have.
Fuck you, you piece of shit asshole, who is a traitor to this country!

1% of the population, own 70% of the assets.

That's income inequality you fucking prick!

And now Billo steps up to the plate, another that can't understand the difference between wealth and income.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Every time one of you libs can't explain one of your silly positions you always say that.

Face it, you can't explain it and I can.

It's nonsense.
Here's your OP Little Suzy; where's your explanation?

I hope that piece of shit took you alot of fucken time.

Less time you can spend beating your kids....or beating your pud.

414KYYRJ5DL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
My god dude. The wage disaparity between men and women is a completley separate issue from the enormous income inequality between the rich and the middle class. This was seriously supposed to be evidence of that? A 5 minute video about income differences between the genders and races? Lol this forum never ceases to amaze me.

If you think that is a myth, then you are willfully ignorant.

I guess you don't understand what inequality means when a proponent talks about income differences.

They're trying to assert that there is some inherent unfairness in the system.

The system weeds out the pretenders and rewards those who are innovative. What you and other liberals are trying to say is regardless everyone should be paid equally, even if they're the most worthless POS on the planet.

As usual a con doesn't understand any issue without it being black-and-white. Nuance just escapes you doesn't. I don't think we should be paid equally. I support the idea of a CEO making much more money than a low level worker. The problem isn't inequality itself. The problem is the enormous disparity that there actually is between the middle class and the mega wealthy. The top 1% controls 40% of the nation's wealth. That is what's wrong. Do you honestly believe that the 1% deserves that much wealth? Do you honestly believe the top 1% EARNED that money? No way.
This should be interesting.

How do YOU think they acquired it?

I guess you don't understand what inequality means when a proponent talks about income differences.

They're trying to assert that there is some inherent unfairness in the system.

The system weeds out the pretenders and rewards those who are innovative. What you and other liberals are trying to say is regardless everyone should be paid equally, even if they're the most worthless POS on the planet.

As usual a con doesn't understand any issue without it being black-and-white. Nuance just escapes you doesn't. I don't think we should be paid equally. I support the idea of a CEO making much more money than a low level worker. The problem isn't inequality itself. The problem is the enormous disparity that there actually is between the middle class and the mega wealthy. The top 1% controls 40% of the nation's wealth. That is what's wrong. Do you honestly believe that the 1% deserves that much wealth? Do you honestly believe the top 1% EARNED that money? No way.
This should be interesting.

How do YOU think they acquired it?

Their dad left it to them. Don't you know anything? The rich just sit around drinking G&Ts all day and catching a swim periodically, when they tire of screwing over the workers.
I would have thought months of reading stupid posts by idiotic libs would have taught you that much.

I'm still wondering how only the top one percent of the people in this nation own 23 percent of it's wealth.

I'm also wondering why those in the top two percent have seen their incomes rise significantly over the past few years, while those in the lower 98 percent have seen little to no increase, even though the stock market is doing great?

I'm still wondering how only the top one percent of the people in this nation own 23 percent of it's wealth.

I'm also wondering why those in the top two percent have seen their incomes rise significantly over the past few years, while those in the lower 98 percent have seen little to no increase, even though the stock market is doing great?

Because the policies of Obama and the Democrats favor those with wealth over those trying to acquire wealth.
Welcome to the GOP, 'tard.

Because the policies of Obama and the Democrats favor those with wealth over those trying to acquire wealth.
Welcome to the GOP, 'tard.

Actually, the tax cuts for the wealthy were done under that GOP darling known as Bush Jr., while the rest of us got a measly 300 dollar check. The checks only happened twice (for a grand total of 600 bucks) while the tax cuts for the rich continue (which is a hell of a lot more than just that).

And...............................can you provide some kind of link (from something other than a blog or a far right wing site) that proves the Dems and Obama favor those with wealth? The only ones I see (and I watch a lot of news from MSNBC to the BBC, as well as look at what the links posted here are) supporting the rich are those from the right wing.

Sorry.................but corporations aren't people, and those who aren't corporations or extremely rich are struggling to make ends meet, and the GOP doesn't support those who are struggling at all.

Wanna know what made the middle class strong? Unions. Look it up, it's solid history. We used to have companies (who did so because of unions) that provided things like a liveable wage as well as provided a liveable pension.

Now? Not so much. My Grandparents were union people and also conservative. They'd both be rolling over in their graves if they saw what the Republicans have become.

In a word....................they've become greedy.

I'm still wondering why people think greed is a virtue, especially when it was mentioned as one of the 7 deadly sins.

I hope that piece of shit took you alot of fucken time.

Less time you can spend beating your kids....or beating your pud.

414KYYRJ5DL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Don't change the subject, bitch!

You said you could explain it. Where's your explanation?

Go back and read my posts.

I don't feel like repeating myself for a little puss-bucket like yourself.

Forum List

Back