🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Iraq is imploding. Should we lend air support or wash our hands?

In fairness to Obama, this isn't his mess. However, his funding & arming extremist Terror-linked Rebels in Syria has led to this current mess. They're on a rampage in both in Syria and Iraq. So that is his big blunder. He has contributed to making things worse over there. But it wouldn't be fair blaming the entire Iraq mess on him. He had nothing to do with the decision to invade.
Agreed.

Dems want to blame the whole damned thing on Pubs.

Pubs want to blame the whole damned thing on Dems.

As with so many things in life, the Truth lies somewhere in the middle.

In fairness to Obama, this isn't his mess. However, his funding & arming extremist Terror-linked Rebels in Syria has led to this current mess. They're on a rampage in both in Syria and Iraq. So that is his big blunder. He has contributed to making things worse over there. But it wouldn't be fair blaming the entire Iraq mess on him. He had nothing to do with the decision to invade.
Agreed.

Dems want to blame the whole damned thing on Pubs.

Pubs want to blame the whole damned thing on Dems.

As with so many things in life, the Truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Bingo!

I agree, but I don't really see anyone saying Iraq is entirely his fault. I see liberals saying it's entirely W's fault, which doesn't work after Obama was there for all those years. And I see supporters of W blaming Obama for leaving, not for going in. So I'm not sure who you're referring to who blames Obama for the whole thing.

Ok to the "let the muslims fight it out crew". This isn't two warring religious factions.

This is a situation whereby normal every day Joe and Jill Mohammed six packs are under attack by a psycho crazy homicidal terrorist army.

These poor Iraqis don't stand a chance against ISIS. Geeze louise guys get a grip.

Only one choice. Intervene now and keep ISIS from plundering Baghadad/Iraq and grabbing not only
her wealth and her oil fields but all the weapons we've given them.

If we allow ISIS and Levant to march forward we will doom ourselves people.
What's the ratio of Sunni to Shiite in Iraq?

"Religions[edit]
Islam 99% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christianity 0.8%, Mandaeism and other less then 0.1%. [5]"

Before you get too worked up for US airstrikes in Iraq, you might consider how those same strikes would target ISIS in Syria, as well.

There are enough Shi'a in Iran and around Baghdad to stop ISIL.

IMHO, what we've seen in Iraq over the past week fits perfectly with the plans for a New Middle East with Iraq and Syria fragmented into warring enclaves based on ethnicity or religion and with even less potential to obstruct western oil and gas corporations operating in Central Asia and the Middle East.

Demographics of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We promised the Iraqi government we would maintain and supply some air support after the troops left as part of our agreement in the exit strategy.
Iraq isn't asking for anything we didn't promise ... And if breaking our promise is the New Deal under the current administration ... Then they should bear the brunt of criticism.

Very true. There was a 'Status Of Forces' agreement in place before Obama. Obama yanked it for political expediency. The price for it is now being paid in blood.

Bullshit. You're a liar.

ONLY LIAR here is YOU shitstain...

U.S.?Iraq Status of Forces Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We wrongly upset the delicate balance in Iraq, no matter how unpleasant it was. They have to solve their own problems now, and to return something to a delicate balance requires only patience and introspection, while any further interference is the fly in the ointment.

Ok to the "let the muslims fight it out crew". This isn't two warring religious factions.

This is a situation whereby normal every day Joe and Jill Mohammed six packs are under attack by a psycho crazy homicidal terrorist army.

These poor Iraqis don't stand a chance against ISIS. Geeze louise guys get a grip.

Only one choice. Intervene now and keep ISIS from plundering Baghadad/Iraq and grabbing not only
her wealth and her oil fields but all the weapons we've given them.

If we allow ISIS and Levant to march forward we will doom ourselves people.
And give them a huge base of operations to go after ISRAEL...and don't think for one minute that it isn't in their plans...and WE are in their crosshairs as well.
How many nuclear weapons does ISIS have?
How does that compare to Israel?
Do you believe half the shit you post:cuckoo:

We promised the Iraqi government we would maintain and supply some air support after the troops left as part of our agreement in the exit strategy.
Iraq isn't asking for anything we didn't promise ... And if breaking our promise is the New Deal under the current administration ... Then they should bear the brunt of criticism.

I believe that you are forgetting that Iraq is composed of Shiites, Sunnis and small ethnic group known as the Kurds.

The ethnic group in power is the Shiites , which were installed by war criminal Bush II.

So we promised the SHIITES military support. But that does not guarantee that the Sunnis are going to sit idle by . Expecially when economic powerhouse Saudi Arabia, is controlled by Sunnis.

Last edited:
We wrongly upset the delicate balance in Iraq, no matter how unpleasant it was. They have to solve their own problems now, and to return something to a delicate balance requires only patience and introspection, while any further interference is the fly in the ointment.

Um...you see Saddam murdering a million Iraqis as a "delicate balance?" I see it as brutal barbarianism.

There's an old joke. I speak every language except one, Greek. Go ahead and name any other one. Um..Latin? That's Greek to me!

Liberals are such simpletons you can only memorize one set of talking points and you're not bright enough to adapt them. So any politics that is not liberal is Republican to you!

So I'll bite, moron. Give me an issue I'm not libertarian on. I'm slapping you across the face with my glove and calling you a dickless little shemale. So back up your idiotic claim.

Why? So you can disagree with me, then try to send me on a wild goose chase looking through your old posts?

You're asking the wrong question. Ask how you are any different from the extreme Right Republicans. The Iraq War. That's one, if you were being honest. What else?

I've told you that at least 50 times, I can't help that you're a moron with no memory other than the ability to repeat liberal talking points.

OK, here we go again. I'm pro-choice, anti-death penalty, I think all drugs should be legal as well as prostitution and gambling. I believe there is nothing wrong with gays in any way. I oppose the US military being in any country permanently overseas and I think it should be used only for the defense of the United States. I'm also not a Republican because I'm a fiscal conservative.

I also argue with Republicans all the time. You're just so flamingly butt stupid that if I disagree with you on one issue, your mind just repeats Republican, Republican, Republican.

Now, you name an issue that I'm not libertarian.

With all those Liberal positions, I'm surprised you're not pos repped by Liberals, including me, all the time. I don't see you arguing pro-Gay in the queer threads. I don't see you argue anything except the points where you agree with conservatives.

Funny - I'm never confused about KevinWestern's Libertarianism...

In fairness to Obama, this isn't his mess. However, his funding & arming extremist Terror-linked Rebels in Syria has led to this current mess. They're on a rampage in both Syria and Iraq. So that is his big blunder. He has contributed to making things worse over there. But it wouldn't be fair blaming the entire Iraq mess on him. He had nothing to do with the decision to invade.

Isn't it the NeoCon Right who has pushed for funding the Syrian resistance?

No and here is why I am breaking with Paulites on this. We are going to create a Godzilla of a Godzilla son of a bitch monster terror group if we do not go in and nuke these assholes.

Obama has allowed this mother trucker Baghdadi to amass an army of 12000 and growing terrorists.

This is not an insurgency. Please. I guess I have to hit all your websites tonight so you can get a grip on what is really going on.

If these whackos get their hands on the money, on the weapons we have given Iraq, God help us.

You sure you want to sit this one out?

Why? So you can disagree with me, then try to send me on a wild goose chase looking through your old posts?

You're asking the wrong question. Ask how you are any different from the extreme Right Republicans. The Iraq War. That's one, if you were being honest. What else?

I've told you that at least 50 times, I can't help that you're a moron with no memory other than the ability to repeat liberal talking points.

OK, here we go again. I'm pro-choice, anti-death penalty, I think all drugs should be legal as well as prostitution and gambling. I believe there is nothing wrong with gays in any way. I oppose the US military being in any country permanently overseas and I think it should be used only for the defense of the United States. I'm also not a Republican because I'm a fiscal conservative.

I also argue with Republicans all the time. You're just so flamingly butt stupid that if I disagree with you on one issue, your mind just repeats Republican, Republican, Republican.

Now, you name an issue that I'm not libertarian.

With all those Liberal positions, I'm surprised you're not pos repped by Liberals, including me, all the time. I don't see you arguing pro-Gay in the queer threads. I don't see you argue anything except the points where you agree with conservatives.

Funny - I'm never confused about KevinWestern's Libertarianism...

Kevin's an anarchist. I believe in "limited" government. Since you're a moron, that's too complicated for you. You just hear "Republican."

No and here is why I am breaking with Paulites on this. We are going to create a Godzilla of a Godzilla son of a bitch monster terror group if we do not go in and nuke these assholes.

Obama has allowed this mother trucker Baghdadi to amass an army of 12000 and growing terrorists.

This is not an insurgency. Please. I guess I have to hit all your websites tonight so you can get a grip on what is really going on.

If these whackos get their hands on the money, on the weapons we have given Iraq, God help us.

You sure you want to sit this one out?
The whole region needs to be turned into a fucking parking lot. (Apologies to the innocents that BEGGED us not to leave)...they were the sensible ones.

Very true. There was a 'Status Of Forces' agreement in place before Obama. Obama yanked it for political expediency. The price for it is now being paid in blood.

Bullshit. You're a liar.

ONLY LIAR here is YOU shitstain...

U.S.?Iraq Status of Forces Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You only post the original, and not the updated from 2010:

The Agreement was necessary as the legal authority for the presence of the United States' troops - the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1790 - expired on 31 December 2008.
Under the agreement, the United States' Army must withdraw from all cities by mid-2009 and from Iraq altogether by the end of 2011.[4] Iraqi courts will be able to try crimes committed by off-duty soldiers outside their bases. The United States would not be allowed to use Iraq as a base to attack any other state - a response to a recent bombing of Syria [5] - and the Iraqi Army would have control over the operations and movements of the United States' army.[6]

Would you agree to that if you were Obama?

Um...you see Saddam murdering a million Iraqis as a "delicate balance?" I see it as brutal barbarianism.

If you believe that propaganda.

Using airpower and select spec ops missions to kill ISIS terrorists and help the ISF repel them is a better option than letting ISIS take over Iraq or Iran to take over Iraq making a bigger Iran.

Of course I'm sure plenty of liberal and losertarian idiots in this thread spewed their ignorance on this matter based on no experience in the military and watching Hollywood movies as their education on foreign policy/national security matters. Samson afterall is a "5-star General" according to him.

Forum List

Back