Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

Kids that are home schooled regularly beat their public school counterparts academically.

Not in critical thinking.

However, those HS parents who teach critical thinking along with the other subjects and skills are the parents who best prepare their kids for the world.

every child has a right to learn about the world.

Its child abuse to teach them lies

And the government is the last bastion of truth?

The fucking government lies more than any other establishment in the world.

school for all of our children is what made this country what it is.

Pretending public schooling is evil makes you evil

I never said it was evil you twit. i said it SUCKS.

Kids that are home schooled outperform public school kids.

If I were a parent there is no way in hell my kid would go to public school and that would be my right.

Class size actually doesn't matter nearly as much as how students are taught. Homeschooled kids seem to acquire much more education in far less time than do kids in public schools regardless of class size.

Class size actually doesn't matter nearly as much as how students are taught. Homeschooled kids seem to acquire much more education in far less time than do kids in public schools regardless of class size.

That needs some evidence, Foxfyre.

Kids that are home schooled regularly beat their public school counterparts academically.

Not in critical thinking.

However, those HS parents who teach critical thinking along with the other subjects and skills are the parents who best prepare their kids for the world.

Yeah all those public school kids who can't make change for a dollar are great critical thinkers.

New study confirms homeschoolers outperform public schoolers and unschoolers - Phoenix Homeschooling | Examiner.com

I never said it was evil you twit. i said it SUCKS.

Kids that are home schooled outperform public school kids.

If I were a parent there is no way in hell my kid would go to public school and that would be my right.

There was a time in America in which public schools did perform quite adequately and did at least almost as good a job as homeschooling. But that was before the days of teacher's unions when local school boards consisting of local parents and active Parent/Teachers associations determined the content of the curriculum and were of one mind of what education should be. The school was an extension of the home environment. There was a time when grownups parented their kids and would never have allowed, much less encouraged the government to take over parental responsibilities. And more importantly, the teachers and parents shared the same traditional values.

But I agree. No way, if there was any way to avoid it, would I send my kids to public schools here. I would work two or three jobs to afford a good private school or I would find a way to homeschool.

Last edited:
every child has a right to learn about the world.

Its child abuse to teach them lies

Yes, I agree with you. Homeschooling is going to substantially delay the creation of yet another banana republic.

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

That needs some evidence, Foxfyre.

I've already provided it earlier in this very thread Jake. All you have to do is read the posts and follow the links.

When comparing home schooled children to public school, you also have to factor in the family dynamic. Home schooled children have parents who are very involved in the education process, while too often public school parents ship their kids off in the morning and feel their job is done until its time to pick them up again.

lefties try to demean homeschooling because they want to ban it....

it sucks for them that homeschooled children do so WELL....

When comparing home schooled children to public school, you also have to factor in the family dynamic. Home schooled children have parents who are very involved in the education process, while too often public school parents ship their kids off in the morning and feel their job is done until its time to pick them up again.

They have a very low student to teacher ratio

Forum List

Back