Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

if you decided to homeschool your kids and the feds came and hauled your kids away.....wouldn't you consider that persecution....?

....this is why BO and his lapdog DOJ are trying to take away our rights to homeschooling...because then they can say nobody is being 'persecuted'.....(except maybe the children for getting a good education at home...:rolleyes:)

If I did, I would because I AM AN AMERICAN AND HAVE A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO HOMESCHOOL

The question I posed to you is whether Germany persecutes it's own ciitizens by saying they can't homeschool. And given the history of the 20th century, I have three really good reasons they say that.

I think you may believe that any infringement upon your rights to practice your religion in any way you wish is a fundamental right given to any person on the planet by their creator. But, I'm trying to not put words in your mouth, and just ask a civil question. But, I will point out that even in the US we don't consider the practice of religion so "liberally," as the US Supreme Court has held otherwise with both polygamy and native americans.

you can't serve two masters....saying that banning homeschooling in Germany is OK is to undermine your argument that it is not OK here in the USA.....that's like saying it's OK to kill gays in other countries just because they are in another country....

the standard we go by here in the U.S. is the U.S. Constitution...freedom of the individual and freedom of religion...

by U.S. standards the German family is being persecuted....jail, fines, and taking away your kids for homeschooling is plainly persecution.....so i say let them come here if they fit within our quotas...i'd rather have them here than some bozo mexican carrying tuberculosis sneaking across the border...

it is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING to see the marxist BO and his lapdog DOJ try to rule that homeschooling is not an American right....and watch liberals support them.....:evil:

^not allowing home schooling = allowing to kill gays

oooooooooooooooooooookay

The question is whether a German citizen in violation of German law can claim asylum for being 'persecuted'.

Homeschooling is illegal in Germany. Does the sovereign nation of Germany have the right to outlaw homeschooling?

Can Germans who don't happen to like that German law claim 'persecution' sufficient to qualify for asylum?

At first glance I'd say no. Someone convince me otherwise.

Let's look at the unforeseen consequences. If this family is allowed asylum because they don't like their educational choices in their home country....that sets the precedent for ANYBODY declaring asylum because they don't like the educational choices in their home country.....do we want to go there?

I dunno. Do we want to go with granting amnesty to those who come here because they were poor where they lived before? Most especially when we devote a great many social services to take care of them here? Most of the world's population are poorer than we are.

The German family asks nothing of us other than the ability to educate their children at home. They are highly unlikely to access much, if any, of our limited social services and will almost certainly be good productive tax paying citizens who pay their own way.

I vote to take a whole lot more people like the Germans and a whole lot less of those who come here to access freebies.

Germany also has a variety of bans associated with Nazism which in this country would probably be unconstitutional.

Does that mean that German Neo-Nazis, or the like, should be able to claim persecution and be granted asylum in the U.S.?

Home schooling in the USA is moderated and there are tests that the children have to take to pass from one grade to the next. If any of you had ever participated in home schooling you would know that the same subjects must be covered and that testing is done - by the governing body of the home schooling association. Each state (or district) has its own structure and curriculum that must be followed. What you don't get in home schooling is the liberal BS that the teachers spend so much time on in our public school system. Like suspending a kid who was eating breakfast pastry trying to make it look like a "mountain" when a teacher decided it looked like a gun.... ???!!!

The question is whether a German citizen in violation of German law can claim asylum for being 'persecuted'.

Homeschooling is illegal in Germany. Does the sovereign nation of Germany have the right to outlaw homeschooling?

Can Germans who don't happen to like that German law claim 'persecution' sufficient to qualify for asylum?

At first glance I'd say no. Someone convince me otherwise.

Let's look at the unforeseen consequences. If this family is allowed asylum because they don't like their educational choices in their home country....that sets the precedent for ANYBODY declaring asylum because they don't like the educational choices in their home country.....do we want to go there?

I dunno. Do we want to go with granting amnesty to those who come here because they were poor where they lived before? Most especially when we devote a great many social services to take care of them here? Most of the world's population are poorer than we are.

The German family asks nothing of us other than the ability to educate their children at home. They are highly unlikely to access much, if any, of our limited social services and will almost certainly be good productive tax paying citizens who pay their own way.

I vote to take a whole lot more people like the Germans and a whole lot less of those who come here to access freebies.

Consider #223 in your decision making. Much of what you say makes sense to me. However, if this family were neo-Nazis wishing to continue their home schooling here, I doubt they would qualify for asylum.

Home schooling in the USA is moderated and there are tests that the children have to take to pass from one grade to the next. If any of you had ever participated in home schooling you would know that the same subjects must be covered and that testing is done - by the governing body of the home schooling association. Each state (or district) has its own structure and curriculum that must be followed. What you don't get in home schooling is the liberal BS that the teachers spend so much time on in our public school system. Like suspending a kid who was eating breakfast pastry trying to make it look like a "mountain" when a teacher decided it looked like a gun.... ???!!!

That is a hasty generalization, a broad brush sweep on a particular group from one isolated example.

Do you have a documented thousand more examples?

when a parent home schools a child to a pack of lies instead of reality that is child abuse.

some parents care MORE about their own ideas than teaching their child how to think for themselves

I know of no parent who "home schools a child to a pack of lies instead of reality."

Name one, please.

Are you the final arbiter of reality now?

Isn't that a heavy burden on your shoulders?

If TDM is an arbiter of reality.....we're doomed!

when a parent home schools a child to a pack of lies instead of reality that is child abuse.

some parents care MORE about their own ideas than teaching their child how to think for themselves

My daughter in law is homeschooling her kids...guess what!! She teaches them Reading, writing, arithmetic, English, and whatever else a school will teach! And yes, she teaches her kids right from wrong too.....she doesn't teach them lies.

And thankfully I KNOW she isn't teaching them what YOU would consider right or wrong, because those kids are much smarter than you... :)

Good for your daughter in law. And she has that right as an American. There's no doubt that home schooling, even when done with a regligious angle, can produce fine citizens.

My daughter in law (and son and kids) are Christians. They're not the "I'm better than you" type, and i know they are teaching their kids the best way possible. Those kids are fun, funny and very polite (for 6 & 8 year olds!). I'm very proud of how they are raising their family. My son is a Sgt in the Army...he just graduated from Psy Ops training, and they're raising their kids better than i did! And it looks like my kids came out just fine....:)

My daughter in law is homeschooling her kids...guess what!! She teaches them Reading, writing, arithmetic, English, and whatever else a school will teach! And yes, she teaches her kids right from wrong too.....she doesn't teach them lies.

And thankfully I KNOW she isn't teaching them what YOU would consider right or wrong, because those kids are much smarter than you... :)

see what you do?

If your duaghter is teaching her kids facts then I was NOT talking about her huh?

You are so full of hate you cant read straight

How am i full of hate? Because i said the kids were smarter than you? I don't see where i was mistaken....

I know of no parent who "home schools a child to a pack of lies instead of reality."

Name one, please.

Are you the final arbiter of reality now?

Isn't that a heavy burden on your shoulders?

If TDM is an arbiter of reality.....we're doomed!

Our school board was aware of the home schooling parents who did a good job and those who were keeping the kids home for other reasons that had nothing to do with schooling.

every child has a right to learn about the world. Its child abuse to teach them lies
Homeschooling should be illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda. All Homeschooling does is produce Independent Thinkers who won't rely on the Gov't.

every child has a right to learn about the world. Its child abuse to teach them lies
Homeschooling should be illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda. All Homeschooling does is produce Independent Thinkers who won't rely on the Gov't.

what a really stupid thing to say.

Home schooling is perfectly legal and should always be so.

Everyone knows your a right wing schill LYING and pretending to be on the left.

Your so stupid you think you are really proving something when the only thing you are proving is how dishonest the right is.

Fox news doesnt teach any of you to think for yourselves.

it teaches you to swallow lies whole

If I did, I would because I AM AN AMERICAN AND HAVE A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO HOMESCHOOL

The question I posed to you is whether Germany persecutes it's own ciitizens by saying they can't homeschool. And given the history of the 20th century, I have three really good reasons they say that.

I think you may believe that any infringement upon your rights to practice your religion in any way you wish is a fundamental right given to any person on the planet by their creator. But, I'm trying to not put words in your mouth, and just ask a civil question. But, I will point out that even in the US we don't consider the practice of religion so "liberally," as the US Supreme Court has held otherwise with both polygamy and native americans.

you can't serve two masters....saying that banning homeschooling in Germany is OK is to undermine your argument that it is not OK here in the USA.....that's like saying it's OK to kill gays in other countries just because they are in another country....

the standard we go by here in the U.S. is the U.S. Constitution...freedom of the individual and freedom of religion...

by U.S. standards the German family is being persecuted....jail, fines, and taking away your kids for homeschooling is plainly persecution.....so i say let them come here if they fit within our quotas...i'd rather have them here than some bozo mexican carrying tuberculosis sneaking across the border...

it is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING to see the marxist BO and his lapdog DOJ try to rule that homeschooling is not an American right....and watch liberals support them.....:evil:

^not allowing home schooling = allowing to kill gays

oooooooooooooooooooookay

unbelievable....you lefties need to knock even a positive affirmation when given one.....

Many home schooled students can't critically think.

like you.....? i already posted the facts...

homeschooled kids pass all the tests at about the 80% percentile.....

while public schoolers pass them about at the 50% percentile....

Germany also has a variety of bans associated with Nazism which in this country would probably be unconstitutional.

Does that mean that German Neo-Nazis, or the like, should be able to claim persecution and be granted asylum in the U.S.?

they can claim persecution but we decide about that....i also think we should be a whole lot pickier about Islamic immigration as well....

every child should be taught the facts of this world.

To teach a child lies becuase you wish the lies were the truth is Child Abuse.

Bad info in

Bad decisions out

Passing tests is not critically thinking, SE.

Ask college teachers, particularly CC teachers, how well home school critically think.

Passing tests is not critically thinking, SE.

Ask college teachers, particularly CC teachers, how well home school critically think.

then prove to me that those kids in the 50% percentile are better 'critical thinkers'.........:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back