Is it wrong to be anti-Semitic?

My opinion is that being against anyone on the basis of their nationality or ethnicity is wrong.
No arguments with that. What about being against the actions of Zionists? Is that wrong?

What "actions" would those be? The desire for self-determination on ancestral lands is not an inherently harmful idea. Isn't that exactly what the Palestinian people want? Not to mention Tibetans, Kurds, Catalans, Cypriots, Western Saharans, and First Nations peoples all over the world.

Holding the ideology that ALL people have the right to self-determination on ancestral lands, is, in fact, a balanced, equitable, fair ideology which harms no one. The harmful ideology is the one which denies that right to a specific group of people. The harmful ideology is the one which claims a people don't exist. The harmful ideology is the one which labels an entire group of people as evil.

The OP is not making an argument for incorrect ideas or actions. -- the OP argues that the Jewish people, as a whole, have inherent traits such as anti-humanity, anti-love, anti-justice, etc. The OP argues that the Jewish people are evil.

My opinion is that being against anyone on the basis of their nationality or ethnicity is wrong.
No arguments with that. What about being against the actions of Zionists? Is that wrong?

Being against 'actions' is then of course merely a matter of opinion- but at least judging on actions is not judging a group of people for who they are- but it may be judging a group of people for what they say or do.

Bigots judge entire groups- say Jews- based upon who they are.

What "actions" would those be? The desire for self-determination on ancestral lands is not an inherently harmful idea...

Following that idea, the Native Americans would be right to try to get their land back "by any means necessary."

Ah. But now you are adding things not evident in my post.

If I'm not mistaken, the first methodology that the Jews used in the early 1900s to get "their" land back was terrorism.

So it would suggest, at any rate, based on ancestry that America rightly belongs to the Native Americans.

What "actions" would those be? The desire for self-determination on ancestral lands is not an inherently harmful idea. Isn't that exactly what the Palestinian people want? Not to mention Tibetans, Kurds, Catalans, Cypriots, Western Saharans, and First Nations peoples all over the world.

Holding the ideology that ALL people have the right to self-determination on ancestral lands, is, in fact, a balanced, equitable, fair ideology which harms no one. The harmful ideology is the one which denies that right to a specific group of people. The harmful ideology is the one which claims a people don't exist. The harmful ideology is the one which labels an entire group of people as evil.

The OP is not making an argument for incorrect ideas or actions. -- the OP argues that the Jewish people, as a whole, have inherent traits such as anti-humanity, anti-love, anti-justice, etc. The OP argues that the Jewish people are evil.
What "actions" would those be?
They were addressed in the OP. Why don't you understand?

Holding the ideology that ALL people have the right to self-determination on ancestral lands, is, in fact, a balanced, equitable, fair ideology which harms no one.
No one who isn't Palestinian maybe.

The harmful ideology is the one which denies that right to a specific group of people.
A specific group such as..........I don't know............ Palestinians?

The harmful ideology is the one which claims a people don't exist.
You mean like a people without a land for a land without a people? Or how about your quote above where you claim no one is being hurt by Israel's right to self determination, as if Palestinians don't exist.

The harmful ideology is the one which labels an entire group of people as evil.
How do you even write this with a straight face?

The OP is not making an argument for incorrect ideas or actions.
Yes he is.

-- the OP argues that the Jewish people, as a whole, have inherent traits such as anti-humanity, anti-love, anti-justice, etc. The OP argues that the Jewish people are evil.
Wrong, did you even read the OP?

Being against 'actions' is then of course merely a matter of opinion- but at least judging on actions is not judging a group of people for who they are- but it may be judging a group of people for what they say or do.

And you were free to challenge the OP on his opinions. Did you do that? Or did you just yell "anti semite" like a petulant child?

And you were free to challenge the OP on his opinions. Did you do that? Or did you just yell "anti semite" like a petulant child?

Since the thread itself is "

I have been responding to his actual OP every time I point out that anti-semitism is indeed- bad.

Now- what about you- hating Jews- good or bad?

[
-- the OP argues that the Jewish people, as a whole, have inherent traits such as anti-humanity, anti-love, anti-justice, etc. The OP argues that the Jewish people are evil.

From the OP:

Modern Jews (not Torah Jews) are anti-Christ, anti-Christian, anti-God, anti-Muslim, anti-humanity, anti-truth, anti-justice, and anti-love

[

From the OP:

Modern Jews (not Torah Jews) are anti-Christ, anti-Christian, anti-God, anti-Muslim, anti-humanity, anti-truth, anti-justice, and anti-love
Do you understand what the phrase as a whole means?

[

From the OP:

Lets see- 'modern Jews'- that would include all contemporary Jews in the entire world- are 'anti-humanity' and 'anti-love'.

Yes- I understand it means this is just another Anti-Semitic screed.

I have been responding to his actual OP every time I point out that anti-semitism is indeed- bad.

Hate is bad.

Is it wrong? Depends on who you ask, everyone shares a different perspective. Do I believe you should be attacked for sharing such views? No, that is your right and I respect it. There are Jews whom are anti-Christian or anti-Palestinian. They don't get flack for that. And you shouldn't either.

[

From the OP:

Lets see- 'modern Jews'- that would include all contemporary Jews in the entire world- are 'anti-humanity' and 'anti-love'.

"Not Torah Jews", that is a distinction I believe. In the context of the OP, modern Jews would seem to be Zionists, as represented by this statement from the OP.
Now we come to modern times and in light of their abominable history, Jewish leaders decided the Jews must have a nation of their own.

[

From the OP:

"Not Torah Jews", that is a distinction I believe. In the context of the OP, modern Jews would seem to be Zionists, as represented by this statement from the OP.
Now we come to modern times and in light of their abominable history, Jewish leaders decided the Jews must have a nation of their own.

Well thanks for trying to interpret that mess- but I think I will stick with his actual words- 'modern Jews' is a self explanatory statement.

Perhaps he has nothing against King David- but he has clearly stated he believes every man, woman and child of every synagogue in the United States is 'anti-humanity'.

And yes that is classic anti-semitism- and yes- it is wrong to be anti-semitical.

Hate is bad.

See?

We have room for agreement with each other.

Forum List

Back