Zone1 Is Jesus God?

All who can think for self reasonably will answer-NO to the question.

One greater than Jesus gave him all authority in heaven and on earth- Matt 28:18---Fact-God has always had the authority, none can give it to him.
One greater than Jesus gave him the judging duties-John 5:27--God was already judge.
God was king-1Chron 16:31--One greater than Jesus appointed him to a kingship( Dan 7:13-15)--But then Jesus must hand back the kingdom( 1Cor 15:24-28) to his God and Father and subject himself---God is in subjection to no one.
Jesus and his real teachers teach Jesus has a God=his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--2Cor 1:3, Eph 1:3, Col 1:3--1Pet 1:3) God does not have a God.
Jesus teaches he can do 0 of his own( John 5:19, 30)--God did all the powerful works-THROUGH-Jesus( Acts 2:22, 1 Cor 8:5-6)--God created all things-99.9% -THROUGH- Jesus( Col 1:16)--He created Jesus first and last direct=The firstborn of all creation( Col 1:15) The only begotten son.

There is no capitol G God to the word at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons- The true God called-Ton Theon=God, the word called Theon=god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon as 2 Cor 4:4 clearly shows, its why there is a difference. translating works the same at both spots.

All being mislead into worshipping a non existent trinity created at the councils of Catholicism are breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not somewhere one wants to be standing.---Think about these facts, God warned all-GET OUT OF HER.
funny but lots of people called Jesus God including angels. Jesus never denied it.

What does the Bible say about Jesus being God?

What does the Bible say about Jesus being God?

1. John 10:30 “The Father and I are one.”

he-was-god.png

2. Philippians 2:5-6 “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.”

3. John 17:21 “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”

4. John 1:18 “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.“

5. Colossians 2:9-10 “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.“

Jesus claimed to be God verses

John 10:33 because you, a mere man, claim to be God.

6. John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.“

7. John 5:18 “This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.“

Jesus is the Word verses

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

8. John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.“
9. John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.“

Jesus Christ is the only way into Heaven.

10. 1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.“

11. Romans 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

I am He

John 8:57-58 i am he

12. John 8:57-58 “The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”
13. John 8:22-24 “This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?” But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

14. John 13:18-19 “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: ‘He who shared my bread has turned against me.’ “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.

First and Last: There’s only one God

I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. Isaiah 44:6

15. Isaiah 44:6 “Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.”

16. 1 Corinthians 8:6 “Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.”

17. Revelation 2:8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.“

18. Revelation 1:17-18 “When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.“

Only God can be worshiped. Jesus was worshiped.

19. Matthew 2:1-2 “After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

20. Matthew 28:8-9 “So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.“

Jesus is prayed to revealing that He is God

21. Acts 7:59-60 “And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.“

The Trinity: Is Jesus God?

The Trinity: Is Jesus God?

22. Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

23. 2 Corinthians 13:14 “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

Biblical examples

24. John 20:27-28 “Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

25. 2 Peter 1:1 “Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.“

Where does the Bible say that only God can forgive sins and that he can't transfer that power to anyone else?
First, the Jews of Yeshua's time CERTAINLY thought only God could forgive sins. They stated it explicitly. Second, it's irrelevant whether God could or would give someone else that power, because nowhere is it recorded that He did. Yeshua simply said He had it, and if you want to claim that God gave it to Him, you have to invent things that are not there.
How would being saved by angels indicate that Jesus is God? Why would God need angels to save him if he jumped off a mountain? The conversation makes no sense if Satan thinks that Jesus is God. And if you're right that Jesus is claiming left and right to be God, then why would Jesus object to his divinity being shown?
1. You betray your ignorance by saying jump off a mountain. It was the peak of the temple where they were standing, and if Yeshua jumped off, it would have been a huge public spectacle, something we humans would love for ourselves, but not something He wanted to do. The whole temptation was to appeal to Yeshua's humanity and greed for fame.
2. Yeshua had a certain time for His divinity to be shown and, in fact, told people on multiple occasions to not tell of the miracles He was performing.
There's a single instance of God telling Moses to tell his people that "I Am" sent him. I don't even think Moses used it when speaking to his people.
It doesn't matter how many times He used it, God claimed the title as His own, and so did Yeshua.
That is far from being agreed upon by archeologists, so no, you can't credibly claim it wasn't settled.
I'm sorry. I'll stop saying reasonable things.
There's a difference between actually saying reasonable things and making things up to say that you hope sound reasonable.
Again, you claimed that Jesus claimed to be God. You haven't provided a single example. All of your purported example require us to infer that Jesus was claiming to be God. Perhaps others thought he was God. That's irrelevant to your claim.
Nope. The people around Him clearly knew what He was claiming, and He did it purposely. You might as well complain that I didn't say I was a criminal if I, in 1930's Chicago, said I was a gangster.
Not at all. First of all that's a debatable translation. Second of all, if the NT contradicts the OT then we have to side with the OT since the NT tell us that all scripture (i.e. the OT) is useful for instruction.
First of all, it's the King James. What's debatable about it? Second of all, it doesn't contradict the OT. During creation, God said let US make man in OUR image, meaning plural, not singular, and who is doing all the creating? God is. In John, we see that the Word is creating. Therefore, it is clear that the Word is God. No contradiction.
As John 1 tells us Jesus was the word of God made flesh. Gen 1 tells us that God spoke the universe into being.
Exactly, in the beginning (that means when everything started, He was already there), the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God.
First there was God, then there was the Word of God, and then there were all the material things created by God. All things just means all material objects in heaven and earth.
There's nothing to indicate that Yeshua was created before all things that were created. You're going in circles.
I'm not saying the pre-incarnation Jesus was an abstract idea.

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning Daniel. You cited Isaiah 9:6, which I said wasn't about Jesus. I didn't say that it wasn't about the Messiah. Let me quote Is. 9:6-7 so that you can see why it was not about Jesus:

"6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

As anyone with eyes can see, Jesus failed to fulfill Is. 9:7.
Perhaps you don't understand what His government and peace are all about.

I cite Daniel because he prophesied the day when Messiah was to be revealed, and on that day Yeshua rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, exactly as prophesied.
The Magi were from Persia. They were priests of Zoroastrianism.
Source?
Daniel and Isaiah were devout Jews, not Zoroastrians. Zoroastrians don't have any prophecies about a Jewish Messiah. They would have been looking for a person known as Saoshyant. Interestingly the story of Jesus sounds like Saoshyant with Jewish clothes on. You may want to consider converting to Zoroastrianism.
Again, source? Daniel was the Prince of the Magi in Babylon. It makes perfect sense that he would have passed on the knowledge he was given about when Messiah was to be revealed.
Jesus was constantly rebuking the Apostles for not understanding what he was saying. Paul never met Jesus and was constantly butting heads with the Apostles. Not of the books in the Bible were even written by any of the Apostles.
Paul met the resurrected Yeshua and saw Him glorified.
Is. 14:4 "That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!"

God told Isaiah to confront the King of Babylon, not Satan.

Isaiah 14:12-16 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

Satan was an angel, not a man.
A man was not thrown out of heaven, Lucifer was.

From your own Bible, Revelation 1:7-8.
7 Look! He is coming with the clouds,+ and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him.+ Yes, Amen.8 “I am the Alʹpha and God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”+

When was Jehovah pierced?
7 is about Jesus. 8 is about YHVH(Jehovah)

Expound on Galatians 1 if you think it is!
Paul is writing to the Church in Galatia because they're preaching a different Gospel than the Gospel Paul preached to them. He says something very interesting to them. He says that even if an angel gives you another Gospel let him be cursed. In other words, there is only one Gospel. If you aren't preaching the Gospel Paul preached then it's false...even if an angel gave it to you. Sound familiar?
No, he said things that you infer mean that he's God. He never said "I am God."
He also never said He was omnipotent. Yet, He is. Scripture says clearly that Jesus is God.

Paul is writing to the Church in Galatia because they're preaching a different Gospel than the Gospel Paul preached to them. He says something very interesting to them. He says that even if an angel gives you another Gospel let him be cursed. In other words, there is only one Gospel. If you aren't preaching the Gospel Paul preached then it's false...even if an angel gave it to you. Sound familiar?
How does Galatians 1 counter what I said in post #191?

Joseph Smith is a false prophet. An angel of God would not give a different gospel than the one Paul preached. LDS is a different gospel.
I didn't think Galatians 1 had anything to do with post #191. You only used Galatians 1 to bolster your own personal belief with no evidence.

I didn't think Galatians 1 had anything to do with post #191. You only used Galatians 1 to bolster your own personal belief with no evidence.
Galatians 1 is Scripture. Scripture is all the evidence I need.

The word i proves he is not triune--In the OT in Isaiah= I am YHVH beside me( not we) there is no other God. Your catholicism translating is misleading you.
I'm not a Catholic. I agree with you on Scripture. There is only one God. You're the only one here confused.

Galatians 1 is Scripture. Scripture is all the evidence I need.
I could just as easily say the same about your belief or church that it is a false belief and different gospel than that of Paul's or Jesus' and quote you Galatians 1. Would that be all the evidence I need?

I could just as easily say the same about your belief or church that it is a false belief and different gospel than that of Paul's or Jesus' and quote you Galatians 1. Would that be all the evidence I need?
It would be if I was preaching a different Gospel than Paul preached. However, that isn't happening. I have the same Scriptures that Paul had, the Old Testament. Nothing else.

Forum List

Back